What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jordan Howard , NO (1 Viewer)

If the kid blows up and plays well.......committee my ###.

In my lineup this week as a flex......let's see if the lotto pick up pays off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Howard's looked very good.

59 yards rushing 1-10 receiving in the 1st half.

What more can you expect?
Not sure.  I'm not even watching the game.  I was looking at the Yahoo box score about 10 minutes ago and it looked like he was averaging less than 2 yards per carry.  Perhaps I was looking at the wrong line   :shrug:  

LOL you can't be bothered enough to take the time to look at the right stat line, are not even watching the game, but you have time to run to the forum to post that he sux? :lmao:
To be fair to fred the stat line for Howard was screwed up for a while on several of the websites. Listed him with only 25 yards at half when he had like 50 or 60

Did Langford even have one 100 yard rushing game in his career? Not a bad start for the rookie.

LOL you can't be bothered enough to take the time to look at the right stat line, are not even watching the game, but you have time to run to the forum to post that he sux? :lmao:
Settle down chief.  It was an honest mistake and I never said he sucked.  Stop being a tool.

To be fair to fred the stat line for Howard was screwed up for a while on several of the websites. Listed him with only 25 yards at half when he had like 50 or 60
Yup this is what I saw when I made the post.  I saw 12 carries for 25 yards.  It was a mistake and I jumped the gun.  Hopefully I'm forgiven.

Settle down chief.  It was an honest mistake and I never said he sucked.  Stop being a tool.
You insinuated it with your post, or what did you mean by your statement followed by? :X  

Followed that up with name calling. Nice save, and your posts add so much to the thread. GJ.

You insinuated it with your post, or what did you mean by your statement followed by? :X  

Followed that up with name calling. Nice save, and your posts add so much to the thread. GJ.
This will be my last response to you because I'd rather keep the thread on track.  I didn't insinuate that he "sucks".  There are plenty of other reasons why "Lankford may not have been the problem ".  I didn't think that would be hard to comprehend but guess I was wrong. :shrug: .  Again my apologies to lord mnm for the mistake.

Just saw the game. JH was a big part of their win. He put them in 2nd and manageable situations much more than Langford when rushing on first downs. It's a lot easier to run the offense at 2nd and 5 or less than 2nd and 9 which is probably why coach Fox said, "Jordan Howard was "outstanding" and "we'll ride him pretty good moving forward." I'd say about half the time he got the ball on 1st down he put them in 2nd and 6 or 2nd and 5 or better. Had a nice long run called back too. Someone told me IND has a good run D so we shall see if this guy can keep his momentum going for 3 games.

The thing about his 5.1 ypc is he doesn't have any extremely long runs so he is consistently leaning for decent gains. If say, some guy came in here and said the typical, "throw out his longest run" type BS ... he would still have had a decent avg. But instead I am sure someone will come in here and say, "See he doesn't have the speed to break the long one!" He had runs of 8, 9, 10, 12, & 17 yards this game. He was stuffed for 1 yard or less 3 times and one of those times was in obvious running situation running out the clock (gained 7 yards on another obvious run situation running out clock), so only two run stuffs aside from that.

It's Detroit. I know.

Just saw the game. JH was a big part of their win. He put them in 2nd and manageable situations much more than Langford when rushing on first downs. It's a lot easier to run the offense at 2nd and 5 or less than 2nd and 9 which is probably why coach Fox said, "Jordan Howard was "outstanding" and "we'll ride him pretty good moving forward." I'd say about half the time he got the ball on 1st down he put them in 2nd and 6 or 2nd and 5 or better. Had a nice long run called back too. Someone told me IND has a good run D so we shall see if this guy can keep his momentum going for 3 games.

The thing about his 5.1 ypc is he doesn't have any extremely long runs so he is consistently leaning for decent gains. If say, some guy came in here and said the typical, "throw out his longest run" type BS ... he would still have had a decent avg. But instead I am sure someone will come in here and say, "See he doesn't have the speed to break the long one!" He had runs of 8, 9, 10, 12, & 17 yards this game. He was stuffed for 1 yard or less 3 times and one of those times was in obvious running situation running out the clock, so only two run stuffs aside from that.

It's Detroit. I know.
:no:

IND is ranked 29th against RBs according to my sources.

Did anyone else that's been watching the Bears this year notice how the play calling finally changed and the focused on the run more?  Not only that but the OL did much better against a really bad D. I'm curious how a healthy Langford would have done one the game. 

The thing about his 5.1 ypc is he doesn't have any extremely long runs so he is consistently leaning for decent gains. If say, some guy came in here and said the typical, "throw out his longest run" type BS ... he would still have had a decent avg. But instead I am sure someone will come in here and say, "See he doesn't have the speed to break the long one!" He had runs of 8, 9, 10, 12, & 17 yards this game. He was stuffed for 1 yard or less 3 times and one of those times was in obvious running situation running out the clock (gained 7 yards on another obvious run situation running out clock), so only two run stuffs aside from that.

It's Detroit. I know.
Ugh... the problem with what you said is that all the comments about Howard against the Cowboys were not BS, they were absolutely true. 

The game against the Lions was completely different. Play calling was different. OL played better. Lion's D was terrible.  Howard looked great and took advantage. 

No one is going to come in and say much different because there's no need to, unlike last week. 

I think it is pretty obvious the guys knocking Howard are Langford owners hoping Howard isnt better than Langford, like he actually is.

Landed him for Randall Cobb in non ppr. :happydance:

Just got an offer of Jordy for my Howard...

Keeper league.
I'd take that in a heart beat.  While Howard may be good, he's had one game and I still think Langford has a role on this team.  Go with the guy who when healthy, has dominated year in and year out

ETA:  Assuming your keeper league is like mine, looking only 2-3 years out.  If dynasty, that's a different story and I probably wouldn't make it

I'd take that in a heart beat.  While Howard may be good, he's had one game and I still think Langford has a role on this team.  Go with the guy who when healthy, has dominated year in and year out

ETA:  Assuming your keeper league is like mine, looking only 2-3 years out.  If dynasty, that's a different story and I probably wouldn't make it
This.

I got Howard in one of my leagues and was happy with his performance last week, but if someone is going to offer you a top tier receiver like Jordy, you have to take that.

Looking forward to seeing how Howard does again this week against a very beatable Indy run D who is also traveling all the way from London. Starting him with confidence. 

Ugh... the problem with what you said is that all the comments about Howard against the Cowboys were not BS, they were absolutely true. 

The game against the Lions was completely different. Play calling was different. OL played better. Lion's D was terrible.  Howard looked great and took advantage. 

No one is going to come in and say much different because there's no need to, unlike last week. 
I wasn't referring to you. I try to avoid calling particular ppl out or name calling. Tons of people post the "if you take his longest run away his ypc is only 1.1" type stuff. You didn't invent it. Again I am not calling you out. I am preemptively trying to deter those types of posts here.

I wasn't referring to you. I try to avoid calling particular ppl out or name calling. Tons of people post the "if you take his longest run away his ypc is only 1.1" type stuff. You didn't invent it. Again I am not calling you out.
I understand but those people did have a point.  I was on their side of the argument.  Howard did absolutely nothing in the Cowboys game to prove he was going to be very good.  The two long runs he had were through huge holes and the rest of his runs went nowhere.

His game against the Lions was finally the one that showed off some skill.  He was no longer getting all his yards from running though huge holes, he was making plays and gaining yards after contact.  It was exactly what people were hoping to see from him.

Just got the sleeper report for wk4. Howard (ranked 2nd) was only behind D. Murray in touches with 26 (only 1 touch behind). A new bell-cow is born! :thumbup:  

He also got one target in the RZ (bad screen pass missed him). The TDs will come.

Just got offered E. Sanders (cheapest avail contract) for Jordan by the guy who drafted Jordan and dropped him after the first week. 3 Keeper league. When the numbers start trickling out should raise interest. Not a lot of bell-cow backs these days.

Rich Campbell ‏@Rich_Campbell  Oct 2
Bears HC John Fox on rookie RB Jordan Howard: "He's outstanding, and we'll ride him pretty good moving forward."

What is Howard's value going forward for dynasty?

For those who own him, would you consider trading him now, and if so, what would it take?  2017 1st?  Only if likely to be mid-1st or better?

For those looking to buy, what would you have in mind for him?

Did a bit of digging for this, let's play a little game. Langford was RB28ish before the season started with ADP somewhere between end of 5th to beginning of 7th depending on league size. If Jordan Howard was the starter coming into the season with no Langford in the picture and everything else about the Bears and Howard as you know it today, would he have been over or under that ADP mark?

On August 25th, 2015, I started an  "***Official Jeremy Langford***  thread.     Here --->  https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/730939-official-jeremy-langford/

At that time, I was enamored by the chance of seeing him as the last man standing, since Forte was old and seemingly on his way out of Chicago.

I even mentioned how he "looked great in preseason action" / "The organization is in disarray" . (some things haven't changed, the organization is still ####) :D

People were saying "Fox has a long history of holding rookies back" etc. etc.

My intrigue of Langford (even though he looked solid in the preseason at times) was more that he could be the "last man standing" or more specifically a "lottery ticket in the event of a Forte injury" in Chicago, and could give RB2 numbers down the stretch.

Fast forward a year.........and here we are.

Now we are basically looking at a similar scenario, except in a few other threads I mentioned taking "Jordan Howard as a flier" a couple weeks back.

Langford has not looked great, and lo and behold Jordan Howard basically looks like what many would have said is the "last man standing", which we all know can help you win championships. (Langford now injured)

For those that picked up Howard on a whim, a Langford injury has seemingly "sped up the taking over process" that some were calling for a week ago.

I mention this here, because several of you have been kind enough to share footage, I have not seen even one carry of this guy this year....as a fluke.

But about 10 days ago, I picked Howard up as an "end of bench flier" in all four leagues I am in.

After looking at everyones thoughts and some tape, I am very stoked.

He essentially looks like exactly what I was hoping for out of Langford, except he looks even better.

I am all aboard this train, and will be starting him wherever I need to.      :drive:

TZM

In dynasty I just moved Howard, West (not sold on him as starter), Bradford and 2017 3 for Tevin Coleman (I own Freeman), Peterson, Ryan. I'm having sellers remorse.

I'm thinking of trading him in re-draft after his week 6 matchup against the Jags. Hopefully he runs all over Indy and Jax and his price is sky high. After that, he has a tough stretch coming up with GB, MIN, TB and NYG (all top 12 Run D's), and I already have Miller, Michael, Ware, Powell and either Lat Murray or David Johnson (depends on if a trade goes through).

He's been the star pickup for me in two leagues. While i have little doubt he'll remain the starter, i am a bit concerned about the carries he'll lose when Langford returns.

On August 25th, 2015, I started an  "***Official Jeremy Langford***  thread.     Here --->  https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/730939-official-jeremy-langford/

At that time, I was enamored by the chance of seeing him as the last man standing, since Forte was old and seemingly on his way out of Chicago.

I even mentioned how he "looked great in preseason action" / "The organization is in disarray" . (some things haven't changed, the organization is still ####) :D

People were saying "Fox has a long history of holding rookies back" etc. etc.

My intrigue of Langford (even though he looked solid in the preseason at times) was more that he could be the "last man standing" or more specifically a "lottery ticket in the event of a Forte injury" in Chicago, and could give RB2 numbers down the stretch.

Fast forward a year.........and here we are.

Now we are basically looking at a similar scenario, except in a few other threads I mentioned taking "Jordan Howard as a flier" a couple weeks back.

Langford has not looked great, and lo and behold Jordan Howard basically looks like what many would have said is the "last man standing", which we all know can help you win championships. (Langford now injured)

For those that picked up Howard on a whim, a Langford injury has seemingly "sped up the taking over process" that some were calling for a week ago.

I mention this here, because several of you have been kind enough to share footage, I have not seen even one carry of this guy this year....as a fluke.

But about 10 days ago, I picked Howard up as an "end of bench flier" in all four leagues I am in.

After looking at everyones thoughts and some tape, I am very stoked.

He essentially looks like exactly what I was hoping for out of Langford, except he looks even better.

I am all aboard this train, and will be starting him wherever I need to.      :drive:

TZM
Welcome aboard!

Users who are viewing this thread