What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jordan Howard , NO (1 Viewer)

Do you own him in any leagues and if you do, what are you selling him for because his perceived value on the open market must be higher than what you foresee.
I don't have him in any leagues.  I'm torn on whether to try and buy low while people are panicking a bit (because I like his talent) or avoid for the aforementioned reasons.  I think even with people panicking a bit this probably still isn't a buy low opportunity yet so I'll probably wait on making any offers for now.

No clue, (maybe no concern) What ya mean, ya confused about?  YOUYA watched game, Right..  Ready too tell ROS now?  I miss something..

I'd appreciate a response Brother  OR  I may just need too ignore ya..  Off Subject, define yar last fluke 1 wk Playa  (Yes I no answer, but humor me)
FYP

Given the glacial athleticism of Glennon, I think that is fair. They may have used Cunningham instead there but he was hurt. Fox has a really convoluted way of expressing himself in his pressers. 

After watching the game, I'm less concerned than before. Howard will have a role, and Cohen will have his. They have totally different styles. Being that the Bears have about the worst set of receivers and tight ends, they'll have to rely on their running backs, which Cohen and Howard will share. NBD.  Glennon seems to love dumping off anyhow. 

And the supposed dropped TD by Howard would have been a difficult catch. I for one don't blame him too much. Hard to catch a pass when the defender gets there when the ball does. 

After watching the game, I'm less concerned than before. Howard will have a role, and Cohen will have his. They have totally different styles. Being that the Bears have about the worst set of receivers and tight ends, they'll have to rely on their running backs, which Cohen and Howard will share. NBD.  Glennon seems to love dumping off anyhow. 

And the supposed dropped TD by Howard would have been a difficult catch. I for one don't blame him too much. Hard to catch a pass when the defender gets there when the ball does. 
You're right about their WRs but very wrong about their TEs. I would argue they have one of the strongest groups of TEs.  When Miller is healthy he's an easy TE1. Sims is a very underrated TE as he can catch better than most think. Shaheen is incredibly athletic but needs some time to develop. 

I'm looking at CHI's OL grades per PFF and the tackles/guards graded out average to above average but Whitehair graded out dead last out of 30 qualifying centers. He was the second worst run blocking center last week. I have to imagine he'll bounce back next week.

The Chicago Tribune's Rich Campbell expects Jordan Howard (questionable, shoulder) to play in Week 2 at Tampa Bay.

However, Campbell left open the possibility Howard could see limited snaps by saying it was "fair" to expect a downtick in playing time after Howard did very little in practice all week. It's not inconceivable rookie Tarik Cohen winds up leading the Bears' backfield in snaps after leading them in Week 1 targets.

Source: Rich Campbell on Twitter 

Sep 15 - 4:37 PM

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter  42m42 minutes ago

Bears' RB Jordan Howard, listed as questionable for today due to shoulder injury, is expected to play vs Bucs, per source.
He was always going to play, I wish we still had probable tags.

As for the injury - shoulder injuries historically have essentially no effect on RB performance. It shouldn't really be taken into account.

Again, I don't like the match-up. TB's front seven should be better than last year and Howard very likely won't be afforded any positive game script if Vegas is correct. He'll need a TD to not completely #### the bed IMO.

Howard did carve them up for 100 yards on 15 carries last year, and TB allowed the 10th most points to RBs in PPR but I'm not putting any stock into that.

The Bucs defense has been pretty solid against the run for two years now and likely a better defense overall than last year. Their issue has been more stopping the pass.

Officially worried about Howard and this Bears team. Yes, game script dictated they had to throw after getting behind early and often, but only 9 carries? A paltry 7 yards?

Not like Cohen fared better (on ground anyway - Cohen at least brought Owner's some points especially in PPR with 8/55). But have the feeling this may be the state of the Bears and Howard going forward - abandoning the run game to focus on pass pro as they become habitual trailers.

Howard going from fantasy RB1 to RB2 to RB56 in two weeks. Ugh.

I am glad I switched my keeper from him to Michael Thomas this year. MT hasn't blown up yet but the Bears look just awful.

This is another thread that makes me grateful to the Shark Pool. I jumped in here as very bearish on Howard, and while I still consider him a risk the debate points made convinced me that Howard is one of the safest RBs in the top 10. These are the threads that make the SP great.

In my 12 team Super-flex, PPR redraft yesterday Howard went with pick 3.10 as the #10 RB off the board (by me). He is my #1 RB (1.10 Julio, 2.3 M.Evans) and I am very comfortable having a guy who is pretty much locked into 300 touches as a lead back.

D.Cook went at 3.9 (uuuuuuge Vikings homer did that), D. Murray (3.8) & Zeke (2.10) went before Howard. I may have taken Murray over Howard but it would have been very close (Zeke was never going to fall that far but if he did I would have taken him over Murray or Howard.

RBs still on the board were Gurley, Fournette, Crowell & Marshawn.
What I meant to say is "This thread is another reason why I hate you all."

As if being shutout and having his arm in a sling weren't bad enough this is his schedule over the next five weeks.

vs. Pit

@ GB

vs Min

@ Balt

vs Car

Neither Howard nor Zeke could muster double digit rushing yards this week. Cohen really takes the safety net Howard owners enjoyed last year out from under him this year so you need to pick your spots. He will have his good boom games, but he doesn't have that nice floor under him anymore when he was getting all the snaps even in games where they were playing from behind.

The Bears have zero playmakers on offense except Cohen. I can see him leading the Bears in receptions, especially by playing from behind all year. Just hope he holds up.
I don't disagree, but with that schedule coming up, I don't see much hope for big games.

So in redraft are we thinking hold or try and package him with something else to upgrade another position?

Backfields are just a mess this year and getting messier by the week.  I don't know what the answer is with this guy or ingram or murray or abdullah etc...

So in redraft are we thinking hold or try and package him with something else to upgrade another position?
I'm going to try to move him (in a league where I can keep up to 4 players each year) - the Cohen owner has D. Parker so I'm thinking of offering Howard straight up.

Backfields are just a mess this year and getting messier by the week.  I don't know what the answer is with this guy or ingram or murray or abdullah etc...
Answer's easy: have Cohen, Kamara, Henry, or Riddick. 

Admittedly, I've never been a Howard fan.  But I see this more of a "sell while you can still get something" situation.  Perhaps you would be better waiting until he's healthy and has a brief flash again.  But I'd put the odds of that at 50/50 at best.

As if being shutout and having his arm in a sling weren't bad enough this is his schedule over the next five weeks.

vs. Pit

@ GB

vs Min

@ Balt

vs Car
Just a reminder for everyone. Even in perfect health this schedule looks terrible on paper.

Just a reminder for everyone. Even in perfect health this schedule looks terrible on paper.
sure does.  When you think about it in PPR a better choice would be S. Vereen.  At least he is worth around 10 pts. per game.  I can see Howard with a few lines of 12 carries 23 yrds.  Ick!!!

While his schedule looks brutal the first half of the year, it lightens up considerably weeks 8-16.

Plus Kyle Long should be returning within a few weeks and he is instrumental to their interior run game.

Given Fox's historical loyalty to his backs, I would consider Howard a strong high-floor RB2 Buy Low candidate whose price could be dropping even more over the coming weeks. 

While his schedule looks brutal the first half of the year, it lightens up considerably weeks 8-16.

Plus Kyle Long should be returning within a few weeks and he is instrumental to their interior run game.

Given Fox's historical loyalty to his backs, I would consider Howard a strong high-floor RB2 Buy Low candidate whose price could be dropping even more over the coming weeks. 
Getting Long back will be a big boon for the whole Bears team.  He actually practiced a little last week so hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

Maybe. I just think Howard is one of the few backs who is pretty much guaranteed 300+ touches.

When Howard became the starter in week 4 he immediately became their primary option and averaged 20.2 touches over the final 13 games of the season. That projects to 323 touches (347 opportunities). Maybe that number drops but 300 opportunities seems like his floor.

Hunt should get the most carries out of the backfield but I am not sure that he will pick up all Ware's opportunities.  Last season the Chiefs went 12-4 and Ware averaged 15.3 carries and 3 targets/game. That translates to 288 opportunities over 16 games, I like Hunt but I think 250 is a more realistic projection for his touches.

I prefer Howard by a fairly wide margin.
Man this was a bad call

This is another thread that makes me grateful to the Shark Pool. I jumped in here as very bearish on Howard, and while I still consider him a risk the debate points made convinced me that Howard is one of the safest RBs in the top 10. These are the threads that make the SP great.

In my 12 team Super-flex, PPR redraft yesterday Howard went with pick 3.10 as the #10 RB off the board (by me). He is my #1 RB (1.10 Julio, 2.3 M.Evans) and I am very comfortable having a guy who is pretty much locked into 300 touches as a lead back.

D.Cook went at 3.9 (uuuuuuge Vikings homer did that), D. Murray (3.8) & Zeke (2.10) went before Howard. I may have taken Murray over Howard but it would have been very close (Zeke was never going to fall that far but if he did I would have taken him over Murray or Howard.

RBs still on the board were Gurley, Fournette, Crowell & Marshawn.

What I meant to say is "This thread is another reason why I hate you all."

Man this was a bad call
You're a little late to the party but at least you brought dip.

I just accepted a counter offer offer of A Brown and Howard for K Allen and CJ. I'm not expecting much out of Howard, but I had to pull the trigger. I actually hope he sits for a week or two until Long gets back and the schedule gets a little better. 

I just accepted a counter offer offer of A Brown and Howard for K Allen and CJ. I'm not expecting much out of Howard, but I had to pull the trigger. I actually hope he sits for a week or two until Long gets back and the schedule gets a little better. 
Looks pretty fair. If Howard some how returns to form you got a steal.

I'm sure it's been pointed out in here, but the Bears' schedule the next few weeks look pretty grim for Howard.  Maybe he returns to form in the second half of the year, but probably not before week 7 or so.

Users who are viewing this thread