What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CW Monday Nights. Jane the Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. (1 Viewer)

pollardsvision

Footballguy
I'm not sure how I got to this point in my life, but here it is. I'm a 30-something male that gave up on Network TV years ago, had never watched a CW show and certainly had no plans to. A random moment of Netflix boredom led to a Jane the Virgin dive, then a HULU subscription and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (all 8 episodes streaming until Monday's midseason premiere, btw). I had never had any interest in bothering with HULU before because, you know, it was just a bunch of Network TV garbage.

But I'm telling you that stupid little chick station has something brewing here. Jane the Virgin is great, if you can deal with the telenovela style, but Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is probably the real gem here.

Check it out, and you'll be shocked to see it's on Network TV. It's not a perfect show, by any means, but it's very funny and unlike anything else on TV right now. It takes until Episode 4 for the show to hit it's stride. The title is stupid, the original premise is stupid, and on the surface, it would seem like everything any self-respecting man would hate about a TV show. Just trust me though. It's good.

Then there's the music. It's a musical and I absolutely hate musicals. But these songs are really funny. Rachel Bloom apparently became a youtube star before this show with a song called

.This chick is good. She's like a big boobed Emma Stone that sings funny songs.

Anyway, both shows are worth a watch if you haven't already, as I'm sure you haven't.

My advice on virtually everything in this world is worthless, but my TV show thread track record speaks for itself (You're the Worst, Broad City, Review, Transparent, Parenthood, Rectify).

Last edited by a moderator:
On 1/23/2016 at 6:28 AM, pollardsvision said:

I'm not sure how I got to this point in my life, but here it is. I'm a 30-something male that gave up on Network TV years ago, had never watched a CW show and certainly had no plans to. A random moment of Netflix boredom led to a Jane the Virgin dive, then a HULU subscription and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (all 8 episodes streaming until Monday's midseason premiere, btw). I had never had any interest in bothering with HULU before because, you know, it was just a bunch of Network TV garbage.

But I'm telling you that stupid little chick station has something brewing here. Jane the Virgin is great, if you can deal with the telenovela style, but Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is probably the real gem here.

Check it out, and you'll be shocked to see it's on Network TV. It's not a perfect show, by any means, but it's very funny and unlike anything else on TV right now. It takes until Episode 4 for the show to hit it's stride. The title is stupid, the original premise is stupid, and on the surface, it would seem like everything any self-respecting man would hate about a TV show. Just trust me though. It's good.

Then there's the music. It's a musical and I absolutely hate musicals. But these songs are really funny. Rachel Bloom apparently became a youtube star before this show with a song called

I just finished episode 2. Didn't think it was as good as ep 1 until "Feeling Kinda Naughty" came on  :lmao: :shock:  Excellent take off on "I kissed a girl" by Katy Perry. Now I am hooked.

And I think she looks more like a younger Jody Foster.

I just finished episode 2. Didn't think it was as good as ep 1 until "Feeling Kinda Naughty" came on  :lmao: :shock:  Excellent take off on "I kissed a girl" by Katy Perry. Now I am hooked.

And I think she looks more like a younger Jody Foster.
Nice to see the first season on Netflix. The whole season is really great. It gets a little lame at times, but Bloom is consistently awesome. I can't emphasize enough how much I absolutely hate musicals, but the musical numbers on here are really funny.

I figured you'd like this show, mojo. You've got good taste in TV.

My girl loves these shows and therefore I reluctantly ended up watching them. They may not be for the average FGB but they both are pretty good.  Would recommend.

On 1/23/2016 at 7:28 AM, pollardsvision said:

I've never watched any of those shows. 

OK, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, you just lost points for having Dr. Phil on an episode...Just didn't need that.

And I started the "Punch Dr. Phil" thread before I saw this episode

Finished Season 1, was disappointed in the final episode

She had given up on Josh, was starting to connect with Greg and then goes right back to Josh!

I didn't like that they made Greg such a ##### and wishy-washy.

Why not give Rebecca a little time on her own. Actually same with Josh. He just broke up with his gf of 15 or so years.

And they probably will have Josh break up with her in the beginning of Season 2 because she finally admitted to moving to be with him. 

Season 2 thoughts

I figured Rebecca and Josh wouldn't get married, just didn't see Josh going into the Priesthood as the reason.

And Rebecca wanting to destroy Josh for doing this? Way harsh.

Which leads to my final thought, what if she is still in the insane asylum? And her life in West Covina is all a fantasy? 

Users who are viewing this thread