What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The NFL is conducting an investigation of Peyton Manning, HGH delivery (1 Viewer)

devouredbychaos

Footballguy
Last edited by a moderator:
You sure do laugh your ### off or laugh out loud A LOT. Easily amused I guess. I have a cousin like that. He's learning impaired.

If HGH is against the rules and there's a credible allegation that he received it (does anybody dispute that his wife got HGH?), then yeah of course the NFL should look into it. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Obviously the OP has an demented and pretty sad agenda here, but in a vacuum, obviously the league is going to investigate when there's evidence that its GOAT used a banned substance.

If HGH is against the rules and there's a credible allegation that he received it (does anybody dispute that his wife got HGH?), then yeah of course the NFL should look into it. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Obviously the OP has an demented and pretty sad agenda here, but in a vacuum, obviously the league is going to investigate when there's evidence that its GOAT used a banned substance.
Demented and sad agenda? Go take a look at the first few pages of the deflategate thread.

Demented and sad agenda? Go take a look at the first few pages of the deflategate thread.
Yes, I understand. Your team cheats, Peyton Manning is your team's nemesis, and therefore it's really important for you to drag him down since your team can't lift itself up. We get that. It's sad, but we completely get it.

That said, you are correct that the league should take a look at Manning's alleged use of HGH. I know it's tough for you to fully comprehend this, but that doesn't really have anything to do with the Patriots.

For everyone that doesn't understand how to click on a link...

NFL conducting comprehensive Peyton Manning investigation

Posted by Mike Florio on January 26, 2016, 7:46 PM EST

In the midst of criticism from those who think that the NFL has applied different standards to Patriots quarterback Tom Brady regarding #DeflateGate and Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning regarding allegations of HGH use, the NFL has disclosed that it is conducting a comprehensive investigation of Manning.

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy tells the Associated Press that the league launched an investigation weeks ago, and that it entails the review of records, interviews, and coordination with other agencies.

It seems to be a direct reaction to the report from ESPN that the NFL declined an invitation to collaborate with Major League Baseball and the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, since that created the perception (accurate or not) that the league is brushing the entire Manning situation under the rug.

The overriding challenge from the NFL comes from its lack of power to obtain information from anyone other than Manning or any other NFL player, team, or employee. With no subpoena power, theres one way to get the information that goes directly to the heart of the allegation that Mannings wife received HGH for use by Peyton: To obtain from Manning and his wife legal authorization to obtain from the Guyer Institute any and all documents or other evidence regarding the treatments they received.

Without that, the league will have to wait for a prosecution of the Guyer Institute or civil litigation arising from the situation to ever get to the truth.

Regardless of whether the NFL gets to the truth, many are noticing the obvious differences between last years public #DeflateGate investigation and the secrecy that ordinarily applies when the league investigates potential player wrongdoing and most cant appreciate the nuance.

This is actually big news. Nothing will probably come of it as Manning is likely to retire and the NFLPA already has their landmark labor case with Brady. But they are supposedly actually investigating this and the standard of more probably than not presumably applies. Anyone holding out hope that manning might play one more year somewhere - Houston anyone? - may have had their hopes dashed.

Just in case anybody needed any further confirmation that Mike Florio is an idiot.

Whether Peyton Manning used HGH is a completely separate issue from whether Tom Brady is a cheater. One story has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the other. Anybody who links these is not to be taken seriously. There is no logical reason why both can't be true, why neither might be true, or whether only one or the other could be true.

I thought other Pats fans were sad. This clown is downright pathetic. He's taking this one really hard. :(
Are you trying to say that this isn't huge news?? It'll be a top story on all the news stations tomorrow and everywhere else. It's already making the rounds tonight. The fact that Manning, a top 3 QB of all time and one of the faces of the NFL, is getting investigated for cheating is HUGE. Not sure why you're trying to downplay it.

This is actually big news. Nothing will probably come of it as Manning is likely to retire and the NFLPA already has their landmark labor case with Brady. But they are supposedly actually investigating this and the standard of more probably than not presumably applies. Anyone holding out hope that manning might play one more year somewhere - Houston anyone? - may have had their hopes dashed.
I think most are hoping against hope that regardless of outcome this will be his final game. And his post game comments to BB seem to indicate it will be. But you're right it is absolutely a big deal though as you say regardless of innocence or guilt nothing is likely to come of it except that devoured will continue to spew even more vitriol all over Peyton and his supposed legacy, with a whole ####ton of these :lmao: and these :lol: to make it crystal clear to all just how much he laughs out loud, usually to such a degree that his ### falls off.

Curious as to what the NFL would need to warrant taking Denver's #1 pick and suspending Manning 4 games? Based on Deflategate, they need nothing more than reasonable suspicion and curcumstancial evidence. Check, and check.

How does Manning prove he didn't take HGH? There's plenty of reason to assume that more likey than not, he did.

Edited to add that I'm a Pats fan who respects Manning, but it is what it is.

Curious as to what the NFL would need to warrant taking Denver's #1 pick and suspending Manning 4 games? Based on Deflategate, they need nothing more than reasonable suspicion and curcumstancial evidence. Check, and check.

How does Manning prove he didn't take HGH? There's plenty of reason to assume that more likey than not, he did.
I think the primary difference here is that the alleged offence happened in 2011 when he was with an entirely different organization. I'm not sure how they can penalize the Broncos for something that Peyton Manning may or may not have done when he wasn't even a part of the team.

I think the primary difference here is that the alleged offence happened in 2011 when he was with an entirely different organization. I'm not sure how they can penalize the Broncos for something that Peyton Manning may or may not have done when he wasn't even a part of the team.
Great point. I guess they'd have to take Indy's #1 pick, and suspend Manning, but he's probably done anyway. I suppose the NFL would still have to hand out the punishment. Whether he ever plays again after the SB is irrelevant. Would be an unfortunate black mark on an otherwise legendary career.

satch said:
I don't think there is plenty to assume more than likely he took HGH. I think he more than likely did not.

Someone needs to start a GoFundMe.com account to raise money for devouredbychaos. The poor guy has brain damage from the blunt force trauma he experienced in the AFC Championship game. First he tried saying it's better to lose in a championship game than in a Super Bowl. Now he thinks a team might lose a draft pick because a player may or may not have used HGH to recover from a neck surgery when he wasn't even on that team yet. Please give till it hurts.

satch said:
I don't think there is plenty to assume more than likely he took HGH. I think he more than likely did not.
That's pretty naive. The timing of the alleged hgh use perfectly coincides with his recovering from injury and going on to an historically prolific record setting season. Just a coincidence?

If found more likely than not that he took PEDs, all that happens is he gets a 4 game suspension in 2016. He would immediately announce he retires, and nothing happens. The Pats fans will continue to whine and debate with themselves if Brady is better than Manning, but eventually figure out that no one cares any more.

If you are prone to believing conspiracies, you might imagine the NFL talks to Manning prior to releasing results, and buries the truth in exchange for Manning retiring anyhow. That way, they don't have to sully the reputation of an all-time great.

satch said:
That's pretty naive. The timing of the alleged hgh use perfectly coincides with his recovering from injury and going on to an historically prolific record setting season. Just a coincidence?
I believe Peyton.

satch said:
It does? The allegation is that he took it in 2011. His record-setting season was in 2013. That's a pretty long latency period.

Also, how exactly does HGH help someone have a record-setting season? I understand how steroids help Barry Bonds hit more HRs, or Roger Clemens get more strikeouts. But how would HGH help you throw more TDs?

For that matter, does HGH make you stronger? My guess is that if Peyton did take it -- and while I wouldn't be shocked if he did, I'd lean toward no -- it was to help recover from injury, not boost his performance. If he broke the rules, he should be suspended, but it's a pretty big leap to say that would somehow taint a record he set two years after the fact.

The NFL and players union added HGH testing as part of the collective bargaining agreement signed in 2011, but the sides did not agree on the terms until 2014. Testing started in October of 2014 so why would they waste time trying to prove someone took something in 2011 that they didn't even test for until 2014?

satch said:
It does? The allegation is that he took it in 2011. His record-setting season was in 2013. That's a pretty long latency period.

Also, how exactly does HGH help someone have a record-setting season? I understand how steroids help Barry Bonds hit more HRs, or Roger Clemens get more strikeouts. But how would HGH help you throw more TDs?

For that matter, does HGH make you stronger? My guess is that if Peyton did take it -- and while I wouldn't be shocked if he did, I'd lean toward no -- it was to help recover from injury, not boost his performance. If he broke the rules, he should be suspended, but it's a pretty big leap to say that would somehow taint a record he set two years after the fact.
if you check the other Manning hgh thread (which is why it's laughable that this Pats fan decided to start a new one), I've explained in depth how taking HGH would do nothing to improve his performance. Other than possibly getting him back on the field sooner.

The only records that might be tainted are career accumulation stats. A (weak) case could be made that HGH helped his recovery and allowed him to not retire in 2011, and helped him recover from the wear and tear of being 35+.

Someone needs to start a GoFundMe.com account to raise money for devouredbychaos. The poor guy has brain damage from the blunt force trauma he experienced in the AFC Championship game. First he tried saying it's better to lose in a championship game than in a Super Bowl. Now he thinks a team might lose a draft pick because a player may or may not have used HGH to recover from a neck surgery when he wasn't even on that team yet. Please give till it hurts.
That's no way to talk about someone who is still going through puberty.

You're absolutely delusional if you don't think losing an NFL record 6 Super Bowls is worse than losing an AFC Championship game. I'm sure Manning has used HGH multiple times over the years, it wouldn't be surprising.

You're absolutely delusional if you don't think losing an NFL record 6 Super Bowls is worse than losing an AFC Championship game. I'm sure Manning has used HGH multiple times over the years, it wouldn't be surprising.
Not sure what you're even blabbering about at this point. Who has lost a 'record six super bowls'? And whomever your talking about must have won six championship games to get there. The object is to win the Super Bowl. The loser of that game got farther than anyone else beside the champions. I'm quite sure no one has ever lost in the championship week and thought 'phew thank God.now we can't lose in the Super Bowl' Quite possibly the dumbest thing ever posted here. And surely the biggest example of being a butthurt sore loser.

The NFL and players union added HGH testing as part of the collective bargaining agreement signed in 2011, but the sides did not agree on the terms until 2014. Testing started in October of 2014 so why would they waste time trying to prove someone took something in 2011 that they didn't even test for until 2014?
I guess the logic behind the investigation is that, if he was taking it in 2011, maybe he was still taking it in 2014?

Or maybe the NFL is just incompetent ... Nah, couldn't be!

Why are we still talking about Tom Brady and the Patriots? They were eliminated last weekend. Patriot fan: shut up. The spotlight is now on Carolina and Denver. If you want to swing from Cam's nuts like a flea so you can have redemption, that is fine. But do so quietly. Nobody wants to hear from you this season. Try again in 2016 when you can keep your crybaby quarterback off his dirty diaper. Its not about you anymore!!!!!!

Why are we still talking about Tom Brady and the Patriots? They were eliminated last weekend. Patriot fan: shut up. The spotlight is now on Carolina and Denver. If you want to swing from Cam's nuts like a flea so you can have redemption, that is fine. But do so quietly. Nobody wants to hear from you this season. Try again in 2016 when you can keep your crybaby quarterback off his dirty diaper. Its not about you anymore!!!!!!
Your star QB is being investigated for cheating. Deal with it.

Users who are viewing this thread