What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Carson Wentz, KC (2 Viewers)

Not only do they forget how good he was, but they get stuck on how shaky (at times) he looked last season......I think that was an aberration (didn't trust his body), and I'm pretty high on him this year.  I agree he's got a legit shot at overall QB #1.....great O line, and lots of weapons....get to play skins and vagiants twice.....also, Nick Foles thrived in the system.....skies the limit.
Honestly forget two years ago, people forget how good he was last year.  There's a weird narrative going around that he didn't have a good year.  Really the only difference was fewer TDs.  He was more efficient in nearly every other category.

16 games pace 2 years ago ("MVP season")
60.2% completion, 7.5ypa, 101.9rtg, 4,000yds, 40 TD, 9 INT

16 games pace last year ("down season")
69.6% completion, 7.7ypa, 102.2rtg, 4500yds, 31 TD, 11 INT

It's hard to fathom that many folks view 2018 as a down year, especially after having torn his ACL not even a year earlier. Most QBs would kill to have those kinds of numbers in their best year.

Honestly forget two years ago, people forget how good he was last year.  There's a weird narrative going around that he didn't have a good year.  Really the only difference was fewer TDs.  He was more efficient in nearly every other category.

Plus the "down season" was against a 1st place schedule, and the "MVP season" was against a last place schedule

I think it's because he was SO good before the ACL.  Last season, when he came back the eagles went 5-6 with him as starter, and he got shut down in December with the back injury.....So just as he got back on track, he's done with an injury again.

I think part of the perception comes from the Eagles winning fewer games, 9-7 vs. 13-3.

I'm not just talking numbers here either....he was a different player in 2017....he WAS the MVP before going down....and last season everyone was obviously playing in the shadow of Mahomes, but Wentz didn't "look" as good to me, even if his numbers were solid..... I'm just hoping he can be the guy we saw before the ACL....that guy looked unstoppable.

I'm not just talking numbers here either....he was a different player in 2017....he WAS the MVP before going down....and last season everyone was obviously playing in the shadow of Mahomes, but Wentz didn't "look" as good to me, even if his numbers were solid..... I'm just hoping he can be the guy we saw before the ACL....that guy looked unstoppable.
I think a lot of Wentz's issues last year was the turmoil in the running game and no deep threat. Blount gone, Ajayi hurt, Clement hurt or ineffective, Torrey Smith gone, Wallace injured. Eliminating a good running game let defenses play the receivers tighter which made some of the windows in the red zone smaller, thus the decrease in his TD %. With Howard, Sanders, and Sproles, the running game should be much better and Jackson can take the top off the defense. That in turn will open things up for Jeffrey, Agholor, Ertz, and Goedart.

I can one up that:

I put $50 on the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl (at 17-1).

I drafted Elliot, Pollard, and Gallup.

The Cowboys may cease to exist as a franchise.  :D
I own a lot of Pollard this year.  Didn't spend much on him, but a Zeke holdout would be league-changing for me.

Manster said:
Two words:

Frank Reich

I’m a QB free fall guy, tried & true. 

Unless a value falls to me. 

With a few holdout exceptions (and a guy like Mahomes) most of my league has figured this style out as well to varying degrees.

So QBs don’t really start going until 5-8 rounds now. Then IDP comes in & throws ADP out the window. 

After 2 QBs went in the 1st,  more stated going off the board in the 7th (2) 1 in the 9th, and 2 more in the 10th, I thought Wentz was as good a value as any position left & grabbed him 10.05, which is probably equivalent to mid-8th round nom-IDP (about 18 IDP-ers were taken)

I’m psyched to have him - he’s one of my favorite picks this year, especially with the focus / work he’s put into staying in the pocket, and with added deep receiving speed with DJax. 

Big season coming IMO. He was my only QB target inside 10 rounds - if he didn’t go I woulda settled for a Winston or Stafford much later.

I’m a QB free fall guy, tried & true. 

Unless a value falls to me. 

With a few holdout exceptions (and a guy like Mahomes) most of my league has figured this style out as well to varying degrees.

So QBs don’t really start going until 5-8 rounds now. Then IDP comes in & throws ADP out the window. 

After 2 QBs went in the 1st,  more stated going off the board in the 7th (2) 1 in the 9th, and 2 more in the 10th, I thought Wentz was as good a value as any position left & grabbed him 10.05, which is probably equivalent to mid-8th round nom-IDP (about 18 IDP-ers were taken)

I’m psyched to have him - he’s one of my favorite picks this year, especially with the focus / work he’s put into staying in the pocket, and with added deep receiving speed with DJax. 

Big season coming IMO. He was my only QB target inside 10 rounds - if he didn’t go I woulda settled for a Winston or Stafford much later.
I jumped on board late round 7 as well. He may have very well lasted till 8 and could the had him 4 picks later on the turn, but I liked him a lot and had to pick him up.

If he throws 5 TDs week 1, I will buy 5 bottles of hot sauce!

Sounds like he's going alot later than I thought, I'm in 6pt TD league and thought I may have to reach in 4th as he may not make it back to me. After Watson I worry he's in the mix to go next. 

Sounds like he's going alot later than I thought, I'm in 6pt TD league and thought I may have to reach in 4th as he may not make it back to me. After Watson I worry he's in the mix to go next. 
he wasn't a month ago (by ADP anyway), but seems to have moved up a little.

My league is 6 point passing as well. Some sharks. Some not so sharkish. But he still fell further than I figured.

We usually have a run on QBs around round 5 and there was one, but Wentz lasted and went after some guys who weren’t even on my radar. Feel as though he fell into my lap.

Two words:

Frank Reich
Or bad running backs and no deep threat. And a defense that blew big leads twice (Carolina 17-0, Tennessee 17-3) and couldn't get off the field in OT against the Cowboys. The problem wasn't the playcalling.

It looks like they have improved the running backs and gotten a deep threat. As for the defense,  :shrug:

Matt Ryan ranked higher generally. 

I think that’s a mistake - falcons defense all got hurt last year forcing them to pass much more than they want to. 

Ryan is being overdrafted (the endless cycle of Matty Ice  being a bust then a steal then a bust then a steal then a...) 

I’d wait for Ryan to go off the board then grab Wentz shortly after. Figure 6-7th round in standard redraft leagues? 

After that if you miss Wentz you may as well wait & stack up on bargains.  :shrug:

Matt Ryan ranked higher generally. 

I think that’s a mistake - falcons defense all got hurt last year forcing them to pass much more than they want to. 

Ryan is being overdrafted (the endless cycle of Matty Ice  being a bust then a steal then a bust then a steal then a...) 

I’d wait for Ryan to go off the board then grab Wentz shortly after. Figure 6-7th round in standard redraft leagues? 

After that if you miss Wentz you may as well wait & stack up on bargains.  :shrug:
I think you're underestimating Koetter's relevance here.  His connection to Matt Ryan's big years is clear, and having him back after his stint in Tampa (where he somehow made the Bucs the top passing offense in the nfl last year) is huge.  I think Ryan throws the ball more than any qb in the league this year.

Deamon said:
I think you're underestimating Koetter's relevance here.  His connection to Matt Ryan's big years is clear, and having him back after his stint in Tampa (where he somehow made the Bucs the top passing offense in the nfl last year) is huge.  I think Ryan throws the ball more than any qb in the league this year.
It’s possible. I am skeptical though. If ATL’s defense is again healthy, it’s hard to imagine them winging it all over the place. 

I’m not saying Ryan will be terrible - I just don’t think he’ll be worth his draft spot. 

I could be wrong. 

It’s possible. I am skeptical though. If ATL’s defense is again healthy, it’s hard to imagine them winging it all over the place. 

I’m not saying Ryan will be terrible - I just don’t think he’ll be worth his draft spot. 

I could be wrong. 
Ya, koetter will sling the ball like crazy even if they're up 50-0 tho. The guy just hates running the ball. I think Ryan is the only qb that has a shot to outscore mahomes this year and be qb1

Ya, koetter will sling the ball like crazy even if they're up 50-0 tho. The guy just hates running the ball. I think Ryan is the only qb that has a shot to outscore mahomes this year and be qb1
We’ll see. I have serious doubts about that.  Maybe if Freeman gets hurt. 

Deamon said:
I thought the OC who is in Cleveland now was the reason behind the air raid in TB last year.  Name is escaping me ATM.

Eagles coach Doug Pederson said Carson Wentz has shown better command of the offense.

"It's part of the progression of him and his growth as a quarterback right now," Pederson said. "He's getting to the line of scrimmage, he's seeing things fast, he's redirecting protection, going through his progressions, ball is coming out of his hand quicker." The Eagles held Wentz out of the preseason, but all of his training camp reports were positive. Even coming off a long layoff, Wentz is in a blowup spot for Sunday's home opener with the Redskins.

SOURCE: ESPN

Sep 7, 2019, 11:23 AM ET

(RotoWire) Wentz completed 28 of 39 pass attempts with three touchdowns and no interceptions during Sunday's 32-27 win over the Redskins. He also carried three times for six yards.

Analysis: Wentz started off slowly, but he hit a rhythm and ultimately finished having completed 72 percent of his passes. A large chunk of his production came on a pair of deep touchdown passes do DeSean Jackson, and he was a bit unfortunate not to receive credit for a fourth as his flip pass which resulted in an Alshon Jeffery touchdown was ruled to have behind the line of scrimmage. He also showcased his mobility when extending plays, although that didn't translate into much rushing yardage. All in all it was a strong season debut for Wentz, who was hampered by injuries late last season. He could be involved in a high-scoring affair on the road against the Falcons next Sunday.

One was backward pass so it didn’t end up on the stat line.  But, we were close.

Wentz is rolling hot just like your sauce. My pledge still stands in week 2. 5 TDs for 5 Bottles.

Looked like he shook a little rust off after that first half. Desean really opens up that passing game and he’s got a lot of players that can catch the ball in space.

The two bombs to djax came on third and long when the defense knew he was gonna pass.  He converted third downs well esp in the second half.  That's the best hes looked to me in awhile

The two bombs to djax came on third and long when the defense knew he was gonna pass.  He converted third downs well esp in the second half.  That's the best hes looked to me in awhile
When heathy has there ever been a better speed guy than Djax? Lofton? Hayes? 

When heathy has there ever been a better speed guy than Djax? Lofton? Hayes? 
I cant think of one.  A few years back I used to just think of jackson as a decent wr.  But he keeps doing this every year.  Hes pretty special.  Wish chip kelly never happened

I cant think of one.  A few years back I used to just think of jackson as a decent wr.  But he keeps doing this every year.  Hes pretty special.  Wish chip kelly never happened
I never got rid of my #11 jersey.  Wore it with ####### pride yesterday.  

My last post limits Djax to a speed guy only but he’s capable of the short stuff too, just don’t think it’s such a great idea to give him so much volume given his size and injury history. 

Users who are viewing this thread