What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Carson Wentz, KC (2 Viewers)

Just watched the game replay. Wentz was throwing absolute darts. I think he could finish right behind Mahomes this year in fantasy.

Carson Wentz completed 25-of-43 passes for 231 yards with a touchdown and an interception in the Eagles' Week 2 loss to the Falcons.

Went was playing without any supporting cast, with DeSean Jackson, Alshon Jeffery, and Dallas Goerdert all leaving with injuries. Wentz also briefly left with an injury but was cleared to return after one series. Wentz’s touchdown came on a clutch fourth-and-goal strike to Nelson Agholor. It was a gritty performance from Wentz, who nearly led a late game comeback. Expectations for Wentz will need to be downgraded if one of Jackson or Jeffery doesn't return next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Carson Wentz completed 19-of-36 passes for 259 yards and two touchdowns in Philadelphia's Week 3 loss to the Lions.

He also added four carries for 33 yards while scrambling for his life behind third-string LT Halapoulivaati Vaitai. Wentz and the Eagles were given new life in the final minute of play as Philly's special teams blocked a field goal try while trailing by three, but the team ultimately came up short on their ensuing possession following a negated first down toss to Darren Sproles and dropped deep attempt to rookie J.J. Arcega-Whiteside (1/10) to end the game. Wentz didn't get much help on the day, suffering from six drops (including two would-be touchdowns) without the security of Alshon Jeffery (calf, out) and DeSean Jackson (abdominal, out). Although that aforementioned duo are likely out for Thursday, Wentz's rushing floor and ability to create on the fly with lesser talent will keep him in the borderline QB1 discussion at Lambeau Field.

Sep 22, 2019, 4:19 PM ET

Carson Wentz completed 16-of-27 passes for 160 yards and three touchdowns in the Eagles' 34-27, Week 4 win over the Packers.

Wentz satisfied fantasy owners with his three scores, but it was the Eagles' running game that sprung the upset in Green Bay. Wentz did work the screen game, finding Jordan Howard for a 20-yard score in the third quarter. His other scoring strikes were six- and three-yarders, respectively, to Alshon Jeffery and Dallas Goedert in the end zone. Wentz did miss a few easy passes, including a critical second half third down. He needs DeSean Jackson back to add some element of down-field threat. D-Jax has 10 days to get healthy for the Eagles' Week 5 hosting of the Jets.

His TD numbers are really keeping him afloat in fantasy.  He's 22nd in Passing Yards/game, but tied for 5th in Passing TD's/game.

His TD numbers are really keeping him afloat in fantasy.  He's 22nd in Passing Yards/game, but tied for 5th in Passing TD's/game.
If he could do something ANYTHING, in the first or fourth quarter, people would be talking about him as this year’s fantasy stud QB.

Carson Wentz completed 16-of-26 passes for 191 yards with a touchdown and an interception in Week 7 against Dallas.

Wentz fumbled on an opening drive sack and bobbled a snap that led to a fumble in the second half. He was under pressure all night, taking three sacks. Wentz's only touchdown was on a throw just outside the red-zone to Dallas Goedert. This was a tough spot for Wentz on the road against a Cowboys secondary that doesn’t allow many touchdowns. He'll have another difficult matchup against Buffalo in Week 8.

Oct 20, 2019, 11:27 PM ET

think the Eagles really need Djax to get back for the offense to run smoothly. Don't think he ever returns this season truly healthy though

Im not judging Wentz too harshly right now. Everybody's hurt, nobody can get open or catch the ball. I'm sure the Eagles lead the league in fumbles. Such a year to forget so far for this team.

Wentz-Ertz stack not working out as planned.
I have the Wentz Ertz stack as wel... terrible.

Sam Darnold was dropped by someone else when he was out with mono and I picked him up weeks ago.  Will consider starting Sam moving forward.

He had no time in the pocket, it was constantly collapsing all around him.  I didn't realize Philly's OL was that bad this year.  I thought that was supposedly a strength.

I have the Wentz Ertz stack as wel... terrible.

Sam Darnold was dropped by someone else when he was out with mono and I picked him up weeks ago.  Will consider starting Sam moving forward.
Wentz/Darnold are my 2 dynasty QBs. I want to see another week of Darnold, but that change may be coming for me as well.

I had high hopes for this guy but he looks panicked when he is under pressure. He has top 5 potential but looks rather pedestrian at times.

In his defense, losing DJ after just one (great) game really did hurt. Would not mind them kicking the tires on the on the block Robby A.
Yeah, they definitely miss the deep threat Jackson gave them.  The rest of the WRs are pretty pedestrian guys and Agholor has been brutal with the drops.   

Trying to be patient with him fantasy wise as his playoff schedule is pretty cush.  Giants at home,  Redskins and Dallas at home.

Thought I was really set with hum and Baker before the season. Yeah, losing Jackson has crushed Wentz value because he could connect with Jackson on big plays. Alligator arms is just a liability and they need to bring some new receivers in. Wentz is just looking for the TEs and unless you are Brady, you can't dink and dunk consistently down the field.

They need to throw away a 4th again and bring in Anderson and hope it turns out better than Tate. DJax is never healthy, more of the same. 

Thought I was really set with hum and Baker before the season. Yeah, losing Jackson has crushed Wentz value because he could connect with Jackson on big plays. Alligator arms is just a liability and they need to bring some new receivers in. Wentz is just looking for the TEs and unless you are Brady, you can't dink and dunk consistently down the field.
Zach Ertz owners would like to have a word with you.

Carson Wentz completed 26-of-39 passes for 239 yards and one score in Philadelphia's Week 9 nail-biting win over the Bears.

He added four rushes for 15 yards. Philadelphia's play-calling got them over the hump when it counted but 22 points is still unfathomable on a day the offense ran 78 plays. With DeSean Jackson (abdomen) only available for the Eagles' first drive before exiting, Zach Ertz (9/103/1) was featured prominently in the first one-on-one coverage he's seen in their last two games. Wentz ultimately didn't receive any help from his receivers, seeing Alshon Jeffery (4/36) commit three inexcusable drops. The entirety of Philly's offense should be healthy when the team returns from their Week 10 bye, but Wentz's matchup against the Patriots makes him a QB2 for that one.

Nov 3, 2019, 4:39 PM ET

He was already struggling. But who’s he going to throw to now?

Ive been holding him for his nice playoff late matchups. But with D Jack gone and Jeffery hurting I’m not sure it even matters any more.
I just picked up Kyle Allen with Wentz as my main piece in my keeper league QB wise. I'm thinking rolling with Allen this week just because of the match ups. I got Ertz but he has more upside then Noah Fant. 

I just picked up Kyle Allen with Wentz as my main piece in my keeper league QB wise. I'm thinking rolling with Allen this week just because of the match ups. I got Ertz but he has more upside then Noah Fant. 
Same here.  Wentz on my bench for Kyle Allen but I'm playing Ertz.

He was already struggling. But who’s he going to throw to now?

Ive been holding him for his nice playoff late matchups. But with D Jack gone and Jeffery hurting I’m not sure it even matters any more.
Rbs and tes?  I wouldn't play him if I had anyone else close to his tier 

Carson Wentz completed 20-of-40 passes for 214 yards and a touchdown while spanning 17 yards on three rushing attempts Sunday in Philadelphia’s Week 11 loss to the Patriots.

Wentz absorbed five sacks (though it felt like five hundred), resulting in a loss of 40 yards. He simply had no time to throw, a problem exacerbated by the loss of RT Lane Johnson, who bowed out with a first-half concussion. Playing without two of his top weapons in Alshon Jeffery (ankle) and DeSean Jackson (abdomen), Wentz never had a chance against the vaunted Patriots. He was lucky to escape with only one turnover, which came on a fumble scooped up by Danny Shelton with two minutes and change to go in the second quarter. Wentz's lone touchdown was initially ruled an interception, but Dallas Goedert was later credited with a five-yard score after officials ruled Goedert had possession before Jonathan Jones snatched it from him. The 5-5 Eagles will be in danger of falling under .500 next week against the Seahawks, who should be well-rested coming off their bye.

Nov 17, 2019, 8:11 PM ET

Is he just a plain drop in redraft at this point?  
In one QB leagues, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to do so. While he hasn’t had all of his weapons this year, he’s still looking nothing  like he did a few years ago.

Yep. I'm dropping this week. Don't care if someone grabs him at this point. He's wasting a spot for me.

I traded him away in a deal that was vetoed because it was seen as me trading 3 studs away (Wentz was considered one of those studs). I was getting Daniel Jones back among others, who I would take Jones ROS over Wentz easily. Just letting you all know there are still people out there who consider Wentz a stud :lol:

In one QB leagues, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to do so. While he hasn’t had all of his weapons this year, he’s still looking nothing  like he did a few years ago.
I dropped him in a 2QB league for Tannehill.  At this point, I believe he offers more upside than Wentz.  I was super high on Wentz this season too.  I took Watson as my #1 but considered Wentz.....when he fell to me as my #2, I was very happy....shoulda taken Lamar for #2 instead( I have him in my other two leagues).....hind sight is 20/20 as they say.

I traded him away in a deal that was vetoed because it was seen as me trading 3 studs away (Wentz was considered one of those studs). I was getting Daniel Jones back among others, who I would take Jones ROS over Wentz easily. Just letting you all know there are still people out there who consider Wentz a stud :lol:
Trades should NEVER be vetoed unless collusion is suspected.  

Trades should NEVER be vetoed unless collusion is suspected.  
I won't into details, but he and 2 others thought it was. I can honestly say there was none. I genuinely like the guys I was trading for ROS and did not like the guys I was trading away. It may have been seen as an unfair trade to some but I was tired of my team sucking and wanted to make a change. it's clear to me now that league is run in a way I do not support- rules made during the season without league input and an inner circle of mods/posters from another forum pulling the strings. The commish will remain nameless as he frequents these forums (I dont want to hijack a thread or cause public drama). I wont be back. 

Users who are viewing this thread