What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Carson Wentz, KC (4 Viewers)

I dropped him in a 2QB league for Tannehill.  At this point, I believe he offers more upside than Wentz.  I was super high on Wentz this season too.  I took Watson as my #1 but considered Wentz.....when he fell to me as my #2, I was very happy....shoulda taken Lamar for #2 instead( I have him in my other two leagues).....hind sight is 20/20 as they say.
This is....silly. Have you not looked at the schedule?????

This is....silly. Have you not looked at the schedule?????
Is it?  The league I dropped Wentz in he has severely underperformed.  Since Tannehill has taken the job in TEN he has outscored him handily, and Tannehills schedule going forward is pretty soft as well......fwiw, I also have Kyler and Deshaun.

If you are a Wentz owner in redraft you have to ask yourself the question, is he going to put up more points consistently?  I've been waiting all season and I've seen an out-of-sync offense with a mash unit of skill position players.  That doesn't seem to be changing in the immediate future.  190 yards and teeter ain't gonna get it done 

Last edited by a moderator:
You would have thought it was silly 4 wks ago too

And Tannehill has smoked him the last 4 wks
I was holding Winston and Wentz as a nice end of season combo but Winston has been beating him even with his multi pick games.

Dropped Wentz for depth and moved on. 

Now is not the time to drop Wentz.  His schedule is awesome from now on.  I expect good numbers the next 5 weeks.
He played well against the Redskins in week 1 but he's played a couple of other pretty poor defenses this year and struggled.

189/1/0 against the Jets
231/1/2 against the Falcons

I'm not sure I would be very confident starting him even against poor defenses right now.

He played well against the Redskins in week 1 but he's played a couple of other pretty poor defenses this year and struggled.

189/1/0 against the Jets
231/1/2 against the Falcons

I'm not sure I would be very confident starting him even against poor defenses right now.
And why did he have such a good game week 1? Desean Jackson. Expecting good numbers consistently out of Wentz the rest of the way is wishful thinking this year.

I get moving on in 1 QB seasonal leagues....heck I did in one spot. He said he was dropping him in a superflex....which is, as I said, silly

Carson Wentz completed 33-of-45 passes for 256 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions in the Eagles' 17-9, Week 12 loss to the Seahawks.

Wentz rushed five times for 27 yards and lost a pair of fumbles, totaling four turnovers by himself on the afternoon. His 256 yards were actually a five-week high for Wentz, but he did some damage late in the fourth quarter, including the touchdown to Zach Ertz, with the Eagles down 14 points. Wentz gets the Dolphins in Week 13 and will be a streaming option, but Wentz's every-week QB1 days are long gone as it pertains to 2019.

I can't think of another QB that took a bigger step back this year than Wentz. Maybe Goff.

He played largely mistake free ball last year, and I know he's been down a lot of receiving weapons this year, but it seems like Wentz hasn't been the same since he tore his ACL. Maybe took away some of his confidence in addition to his mechanics? 

I can't think of another QB that took a bigger step back this year than Wentz. Maybe Goff.

He played largely mistake free ball last year, and I know he's been down a lot of receiving weapons this year, but it seems like Wentz hasn't been the same since he tore his ACL. Maybe took away some of his confidence in addition to his mechanics? 
I figured Trubisky had this "award" all locked up.

I figured Trubisky had this "award" all locked up.
IMO Trubisky didn't have all that much of a step forward to result in a step back. Wentz was an MVP candidate two years ago and still had a decent year last year coming off the ACL.

Wentz is a tricky player. With Foles having moved on, most of us who drafted him suspected the team commitment plus return of a player like DeSean Jackson meant Wentz was in for an uptick and maybe back to pre-injury MVP level play. We were wrong, and yes it's partly on him and it's partly on injuries around him. The scary part for me from a dynasty perspective is it feels like this shows he cannot put the team on his back and needs healthy weapons to succeed (and who really knows at what level).

Where it really hurt most of us is we kept holding onto the "stud" lens for too long this year. I can safely say he was key to my redraft non-success this year because I kept thinking he'd turn it around, which is the worst kind of player on your fantasy team (not obviously great, not obviously horrible, still some hope).

I'm dropping him in my redraft league in hopes to get Sam Darnold. In dynasty, I traded him for Murray straight up earlier this year to hope he'd turn it around, but thankfully got Murray back a few weeks ago. I'm selling and moving on.

Published Mon Nov 25 10:21:49 a.m. MT 2019 

(fantasypros) Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz, who was seen after Sunday's loss to the Seattle Seahawks with a wrap on his throwing hand, is reportedly only dealing with a bruise and is expected to practice this week and play in the team's Week 13 matchup against the Miami Dolphins.

Analysis: Wentz struggled on Sunday as he dealt with a depleted offense line and receiving corps, and he briefly left the game to head into the locker room because of the injury to his hand. He did not miss any offensive snaps, however, and he looks to be fine going forward.

I would monitor that injury update that Zed just posted.  If he really is messed up he is a drop.  But that schedule coming up makes me want to hold.

Sure.  I'm talking right now.  Redraft

I dont think I have seen enough to doubt him much long term
I don't know, man, the guy cannot seem to stay healthy. Heck, even if his one great season, he got hurt near the end of it and missed the last few games and then the playoff run.  Part of being a great QB is being "lucky" enough to stay healthy, and Wentz has failed miserably in that regard.  It is hard to hold too much against him lately considering the garbage he has at WR to throw to, but he just doesn't look like the QB we saw in 2017, and I have serious doubts as to whether Wentz will ever become that consistent great QB that he appeared on track to be two years ago. 

Not seeing a drop even in redraft. Still has a solid RB group, terrific TE group, and a VERY SOFT schedule.

Might have drafted him thinking of getting elite numbers these few (playoff!) weeks, and instead he's looking more like a low end QB1 option...but that's still better then Darnold or whoever else is on the waiver wire.

Sometimes we get so disappointed/disillusioned by our picks we over-react in the wrong direction, and I see a few guys in here doing exactly that.

Not seeing a drop even in redraft. Still has a solid RB group, terrific TE group, and a VERY SOFT schedule.

Might have drafted him thinking of getting elite numbers these few (playoff!) weeks, and instead he's looking more like a low end QB1 option...but that's still better then Darnold or whoever else is on the waiver wire.

Sometimes we get so disappointed/disillusioned by our picks we over-react in the wrong direction, and I see a few guys in here doing exactly that.
I think owners are just waiting for that first decent game.

Well....at the last minute based on a homer hunch, I swapped out Darnold and played Wentz. And to quote the eloquent Porky Pig: a badeep a badeep—THATS ALL FOLKS!

no playoffs for me...

Hes been pretty terrible all year.  Not even top 12

I disagree. I would rather have Darnold at this point. Not even close. 

QB14 in total points, QB20 in average...which goes back up to QB14 or so if you throw out the last two games, which happened to be against an elite defense short handed, and tough game against Seattle even more short-handed. Oh...and the easiest schedule remaining in the NFL.

Disappointed? Sure am. DROPPING? Ummm....no. Probably break top 10 ROS

QB14 in total points, QB20 in average...which goes back up to QB14 or so if you throw out the last two games, which happened to be against an elite defense short handed, and tough game against Seattle even more short-handed. Oh...and the easiest schedule remaining in the NFL.

Darnold has scored 33,32 and 23 over the last 3 games.Wentz hasn't broken 20 since week 6. Hasn’t hit 30 since week 1.

Schedule or not, I think it would be insanity to start Wentz over Darnold.  Wentz has no weapons at WR and now he’s even missing wide open receivers.  There is a confidence issue with him.  Darnold, on the other hand, is starting to look like the top draft pick the Jets used on him.

Good luck

With Mayfield and Rivers FAs in my league, I'm not even sure I'd go with Wentz if my starter (Winston) went down.

Given that, seems like he's a drop.

I dropped him for R. Fitzmagic (lol) to pair with Tannehill.  Clinched the playoffs so looking forward to matchups in week 15 and 16.

I've held him much like how Rose held Jack in the Titanic. I look at that schedule and drool but I keep sitting in the water freezing to death. Meanwhile that chick is babbling "She'll never let go" but she let's go anyway. I think I'm Rose in this scenario.

I've held him much like how Rose held Jack in the Titanic. I look at that schedule and drool but I keep sitting in the water freezing to death. Meanwhile that chick is babbling "She'll never let go" but she let's go anyway. I think I'm Rose in this scenario.
There seemed to be room for both of them on that piece of floating rubble.

Users who are viewing this thread