What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 WSL 1 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

QB - Aaron Rodgers, Colin Kaepernick

Hope Arod returns to form, as he should. Chip/Kaeper could be an awesome combo. lets see

RB - Lat. Murray, Gio Bernard, Matt Jones, Isiah Crowell, Andre Ellington

No "studs" in this group, yet, but a lot of dudes who play. Murray should be a bell cow in Oakland, Gio catches passes, rumor is Alfred is gone so it should be matt jones job. Crowell who knows, and Ellington backs up David Johnson

WR - Allen Robinson, DeMaryious Thomas, Tyler Lockett, Devante Adams, De'Ander Smelter, Charles Johnson

Love my top 3, my back 3 not so much. might need a break here

TE - Eric Ebron, Richard Rodgers, Josh Hill

I went 3, however I think with no Calvin Ebron has to catch the ball and RR is sneaky. Ben Watson is 35 and a UFA the saints are in cap hell, so Hill might provide some upside

K Zuerlin, Prater

D - NYJ, Balt

Overall I like this squad a lot should survive well into November

Last edited by a moderator:
1.16 Jeff Pasquino  - Jamaal Charles, KC RB6

2.01 Jeff Pasquino- Brandon Marshall, NYJ WR10 

3.16 Jeff Pasquino Andrew Luck INDY QB2

4.01 Jeff Pasquino - Jeremy Maclin KC WR26 

5.16 Jeff Pasquino  - Julius Thomas JAX TE9

6.01 Jeff Pasquino - Jeremy Langford CHI RB24

7.16 Jeff Pasquino  - Vincent Jackson WAS WR50

8.01 Jeff Pasquino - Marcus Mariota TEN QB19 

9.16 Jeff Pasquino Nelson Agholor PHI WR55

10.01 Jeff Pasquino - Arian Foster HOU RB43  
11.16 Jeff Pasquino  - Clive Walford OAK TE27

12.01 Jeff Pasquino - Devin Funchess CAR WR69 

13.16 Jeff Pasquino  - New England Defense DST10

14.01 Jeff Pasquino - Cairo Santos KCC PK11 

15.16 Jeff Pasquino  - Cody Parkey PHI PK24

16.01 Jeff Pasquino - Tennessee Defense DST20

17.16 Jeff Pasquino Christine Michael SEA RB67

18.01 Jeff Pasquino - Ty Montgomery GB WR88

19.16 Jeff Pasquino Khiry Robinson NO RB77

20.01 Jeff Pasquino - Eddie Royal CHI WR102

More to come.

Don't know how these new quotes work....

:rolleyes:  at BNB

More to come means analysis/discussion, not picks.

Full draft sequence:

Sorted by position:

QB:  Love getting Luck at 3.16, and Mariota is a very solid QB2 with QB1 upside.  One of the strengths of the team.  Grade A here.

RB:  Definitely some risk here, as I have 3 guys returning from injury, a young guy looking to step up as a RB1 and a back on his second stint with his team.  On the bright side, all 3 young guys have a shot at good playing time, with Langford having a lead back path clearly in front of him.  K-Rob could be a steal if he gets used ahead of C.J. Spiller and offers KR/PR value.  

Best case - I get 3 RB1s in Charles, Langford and Foster.  

Worst case - Injury nightmare.

What I need to compete - 2 out of the first 3 guys to be Top 30 running backs.  I think that's a reasonable goal, and an achievable one.  If all three get there, this team could be unstoppable.

Grade:  B due to injury / downside risk, but could certainly exceed that.

WR:  Interesting group for sure.  Marshall/Maclin/VJax are all 1,000+ WRs with plenty of touchdowns amongst them, so I like them as a WR1-3 group.  Agholor needs to step up in Year 2.  Funchess needs to win the starting role opposite Kelvin Benjamin, and if he does he has lots to offer from Cam Newton's arm.  Ty Montgomery and Eddie Royal are solid late values, and Royal can have big weeks in finding the end zone.  If Ty can make a WR3 role for Aaron Rodgers I would be quite happy.

Solid Group: B/B+

TE:  Not sexy, but I think these two can be solid.  Would have (obviously) been more solid with either an earlier TE than JThomas or a 3rd option, but I think JT is underrated right now as he missed the first half of 2015.  He can perform for an emerging QB in Blake Bortles (who would have guessed me writing that 1-2 years ago).  Clive Walford is a good talent at TE and emerged for Oakland, another young passing game where Walford stepped up as the lead TE in the second half of 2015.  

Grade: C+

PK:  Nothing sexy, but these are kickers.  KC and PHI are tied by the coaching lines (Andy Reid, Doug Peterson) and both guys will use their kickers early and often.  Parkey is another forgotten man due to his injury last year, but should be just fine this year after the extended time off.

Grade:  A - Two starting PKs, what else do you want?

The Patriots are a Top 10 defense in this format every single year, so D/ST10 is value for me.  Tennessee is an up and coming defense and Mariota should get them leads to charge after QBs.  

Grade:  A - Two defenses, one with Top 10 solid historical history.

Overall - B+.  Could have less injury history, no sexy rookies (but BNB took them all), TE could be better.  Overall good depth and balanced team.  If bye weeks are cooperative, this team should do well, especially if RBs return from injury as 80-90% of previous value.

Full draft sequence:

Sorted by position:

QB:  Love getting Luck at 3.16, and Mariota is a very solid QB2 with QB1 upside.  One of the strengths of the team.  Grade A here.

RB:  Definitely some risk here, as I have 3 guys returning from injury, a young guy looking to step up as a RB1 and a back on his second stint with his team.  On the bright side, all 3 young guys have a shot at good playing time, with Langford having a lead back path clearly in front of him.  K-Rob could be a steal if he gets used ahead of C.J. Spiller and offers KR/PR value.  

What I need to compete - 2 out of the first 3 guys to be Top 30 running backs.  I think that's a reasonable goal, and an achievable one.  If all three get there, this team could be unstoppable.

WR:  Interesting group for sure.  Marshall/Maclin/VJax are all 1,000+ WRs with plenty of touchdowns amongst them, so I like them as a WR1-3 group.  Agholor needs to step up in Year 2.  Funchess needs to win the starting role opposite Kelvin Benjamin, and if he does he has lots to offer from Cam Newton's arm.  Ty Montgomery and Eddie Royal are solid late values, and Royal can have big weeks in finding the end zone.  If Ty can make a WR3 role for Aaron Rodgers I would be quite happy.

TE:  Not sexy, but I think these two can be solid.  Would have (obviously) been more solid with either an earlier TE than JThomas or a 3rd option, but I think JT is underrated right now as he missed the first half of 2015.  He can perform for an emerging QB in Blake Bortles (who would have guessed me writing that 1-2 years ago).  Clive Walford is a good talent at TE and emerged for Oakland, another young passing game where Walford stepped up as the lead TE in the second half of 2015.  

PK:  Nothing sexy, but these are kickers.  KC and PHI are tied by the coaching lines (Andy Reid, Doug Peterson) and both guys will use their kickers early and often.  Parkey is another forgotten man due to his injury last year, but should be just fine this year after the extended time off.

The Patriots are a Top 10 defense in this format every single year, so D/ST10 is value for me.  Tennessee is an up and coming defense and Mariota should get them leads to charge after QBs.  

Overall - B+.  Could have less injury history, no sexy rookies (but BNB took them all), TE could be better.  Overall good depth and balanced team.  If bye weeks are cooperative, this team should do well, especially if RBs return from injury as 80-90% of previous value.
I think Cairo Santos is kinda sexy.

this new board is frustrating....the spacing when for cutting and pasting is kinda jacked....wanting to post my breakdown, which is usually way too long anyway.....but feels like it will take up 3 ####### pages...

QB: Ben Roethlisberger, Tyrod Taylor

TT hopefully continues to progress and his mobility should add to his point scoring potential.  A healthy Ben is an elite QB, Should be one of the better duos.  A-

RB: TJ Yeldon, Rashad Jennings
RB: Dion Lewis, Bilal Powell

If the Patriots sign Forte, Lewis's value takes a pretty big hit.  But he was effective when he played last year.  Yeldon should progress with Bortles and the rest of the Jags offense.  Jennings and Powell add quality depth but a lot can change in FA or the draft.  I'll call this a C right now but that grade will change by May.

WR: Mike Evans, Justin Hunter, Pharoh Cooper 
WR: Jarvis Landry, Kenny Stills
WR: Reuben Randle, Tyler Boyd

Others may disagree but I quite like this group.  Obviously the rookies may bust but I think those two will prove to be good values. It will be interesting to see where Randle signs this year.  Same with Hunter though his value probably doesn't change much.  B+ for now.

TE: Gary Barnidge, Ladarius Green, Dwayne Allen

hmmm, starting to think I took too many free agents.  Hopefully Green and Allen sign in good spots (and not Cleveland).  We discussed Barnidge before but he should be a top 10 TE.  B

PK: Dan Bailey, Travis Coons

Two pretty good kickers who were on bad teams last year. B

Def: Rams, Lions

The Rams have as good a chance as any team, and better than most, to be the #1 defense next year.  Them falling to #13 screams value.  Lions were a lot better before, with Suh, but maybe they can improve.  B+

Overall way too many FAs and uncertainty to give myself anything more than a C+ due to the risk.  RB could be a real weakness and if I had been thinking holistically, I would have taken a fifth back (Starks or West) instead of Boyd. 

8.06 Ryan Fitzmagic NYJ QB21

9.11 Brock Osweiler DEN QB27

20.06 Robert Griffin III QB WAS 

Waited quite a while here and it shows.  But in Fitz and Oz I believe I have two starters.  Best case scenario they stay where they are as they have great weapons to throw to. Fitz finished as QB9 last year, so something in that range will help keep me in the mix.  If Oz goes to CLE or something I still expect him to be a starter as I think he is in the top 32 QB’s in the league.  Change of scenery may not be bad fantasy wise anyway considering Kubs like to ground and pound. Debated long and hard at the end of the draft about adding a 5th RB, a 3rd TE, and even a 6th WR. In the 20th decided to pass on the last two options and roll with RG3 who is currently the starting QB for WAS should they play tomorrow, but will be the starting QB for somebody else come opening day. Felt he adds a little potential pop to my QB crew that on paper does not look real sexy.  Think RG3 will contribute at some point for somebody next year, even if I am wrong and he signs on as a backup. 

1.11 Devonta Freeman ATL RB5

7.11 Karlos Williams BUF RB27

10.06 Ryan Mathews PHI RB44  

11.11 Frank Gore IND RB48

19.11 LeGarrette Blount FA RB75 

Not a huge Freeman fan but can’t ignore what he did last year.  I get a little nervous when I see production like that all of a sudden.  Makes me ask where was it before? Thought I’s still get a solid WR on the way back so went that direction.  I’m all over Karlos this year, with or without Shady. Maybe should have gone a different direction, like TE, with the Mathews pick so quite a bit of buyer’s remorse there considering what I could have gotten at RB later. Probably my 2nd biggest hiccup that could cost me. I know we haven’t had draft or FA yet but it appears Gore will still be option A at RB in INDY. Had Snellman not taken Ware in the 18th, and I decided to pass on Brandon Coleman again, and run solo at DST, Blount would not be on this team.  I thought Ware was great value that late. I expect Blount to sign for cheap where he feels comfy and return to NE and have a pounder role.  Maybe not a ton of touches but some TD’s and some weeks where they just run a bunch on some teams. 

2.06 Jordy Nelson GBP WR15

4.06 Emmanuel Sanders DEN WR28

5.11 Michael Floyd ARZ WR36

6.06 Allen Hurns JAC WR40

15.11 Cole Beasley DAL WR79

17.11 Kenny Britt LAR WR83 

Jordy was a pretty easy pick for me at the first turn, although I thought about Edelman. Felt really good about getting Sanders as WR28 in the 4th.  Was helped by several TE’s and RB’s going between my 3-4 picks. Kinda felt the same way about Floyd in the late 5th as WR36. I really like Hurns as just a solid football player. He quietly finished as WR19 behind Sanders at 18 last year as both came in at over 15 points a week.  They were both top 23 (weekly avg) which is a little more telling of value in this format. One could argue Hurns over Floyd should have been the call.  Bortles and company on to something down in Florida. Last year when I won this league Beasley was my only WR to outperform his draft spot, took him at WR84 and he finished at WR50.  Scored for me 7 times last year. Thought he would add some week to week PPR and maybe pick me up when top 4 struggle. Britt may have been my biggest mistake/hiccup. Would love to have a redo, but he currently the WR2on his team, if you count Austin as WR1, so he should at least be playing some snaps and putting up decent fantasy numbers. He was WR55 last year which is just outside the 48 WR’s who start every week. I dedicated some high picks to this group but still feel I stole some value.  Thought they were strong enough to ride with 6, we’ll see. 

3.11 Travis Kelce KC TE5

16.06 Crockett Gilmore BAL TE30 

Kelce should contribute each week and IMO Williams will not take the job from Gilmore. Crockett will be one of my go to guys in these drafts this year at this price.  This group could be a serious issue, especially with an injury, and part of the reason I seriously considered adding a 3rd here.  Won’t name the guys I was looking at all the way through pick 20 since the draft is still going, but there were a couple who would have been safety net adds.  Felt like gambling here and rolling with these two and Griffin’s upside. 

13.11 Mason Crosby GBP PK7

14.06 Jason Myers JAC PK14 

Crosby bounced back and should be solid.  Myers will be on a lot of my teams. 

12.06 Seattle Seahawks DST2

18.06 Chicago Bears DST32 

Almost rode solo here.  Should be ok. While SEA overall D may not be as strong as in years past, I like Lockett housing a few to help. 

Overall: Not real good.  Fairly strong at WR, but I could easily get very little out of Mathews, Gore, and Blount at RB, and my QB’s and TE’s aren’t going to scare anybody.  On a typical week I’m rolling Fitz, Freeman, Karlos, 3 of my top 4 WR’s, Kelcem PK and SEA D. I’ll need Fitz to have a similar year, ham and egg with OZ, Freeman to still be top 5 or so, not expecting RB1 again, my WR’s to carry me, and I need to be right about Gilmore.  Starting gig and some pop from Griffin would be some needed gravy. I like my WSL2 team better already. 

Quick shout out to what I would have done different/all you snipers: would have loved for CJ Anderson to make it to me in the 5th, I would have taken Brees or Ryan in the 6th instead of Hurns had they made it, I had Witten locked and loaded in the 7th only to lose him by one pick, missing on Stafford in the 8th by two and Flacco in the 9th by one pick sucked (my qb’s would look a lot different), and wanted to add Ware, and Coleman late. 

Good luck.  :banned:

QB:   Tony Romo

QB:   Jay Cutler

QB Grade  B+ two solid QBs which from my count about half of the teams in the league don't have.

RB:   Leveon Bell

RB:   Carlos Hyde

RB:   Matt Forte

RB:   Tim Hightower

RB Grade  A-TBD  This is a TBD because we need to see Forte's landing spot.  A mistake by me to not handcuff Leveon with DeAngelo in round 14.  I think Hyde's ADP is going to creep up as the Chip Kelly hype progresses and it becomes clear that Hyde is the workhorse.  If Bell stays healthy he will outscore many teams' #1RB - #3RB combined.  Hightower was a top 5 RB for a short stretch at the end of the year...I really liked him as a flyer.

WR:   Martavis Bryant

WR:   Anquan Boldin

WR:   Phillip Dorsett

WR:   Stevie Johnson

WR:   Cecil Shorts

WR:   Rishard Matthews

WR:   Brandon Coleman

WR:   Cayleb Jones

WR Grade B I went with a volume strategy here which I think works for the WR position in this format.  My favorite pick is Brandon Coleman whom I have as the most undervalued WR this year.  I consider him the best pick of my draft.  Dorsett and Stevie Johnson may also end up as PPR monsters.  Boldin and Matthews are unknowns due to FA, but I like them as good WRs so I obviously drafted them on talent with opportunity TBD.  I may have reached on Boldin a round or two.

TE:    Austin Sefarian Jenkins

TE:    Charles Clay

TE Grade B Just wanted two solid pass catching TEs.  Obviously need Jenkins to stay healthy, but if he was healthy last year I wouldn't have been able to draft him where I did...love the value.

DST:  Dallas Cowboys

DST:  Tampa Bay Bucs

DST Grade C Definitely average, but defenses that I think are value plays this year.

K:       Justin Tucker

K:       Sebastian Janikowski

K Grade A Two solid, Pro Bowl caliber kickers.  Not much more that I can ask for here.

I'm guessing others evaluating my team wouldn't like my lack of star power at WR and my lack of depth at RB, can't say I disagree.

I'm guessing others evaluating my team wouldn't like my lack of star power at WR and my lack of depth at RB, can't say I disagree.
While the criticism of your WRs would be fair although with 8 you should be fine there.  Your RBs are solid to good. Maybe great if Forte lands in a good spot and Hyde lives up to his potential.  Overall you have a very strong team, however your TEs are your weak link.  ASJ has potential but hasn't really shown that he can live up to it yet, Clay is a solid #2.  

QB Grade  B+ two solid QBs which from my count about half of the teams in the league don't have.

RB Grade  A-TBD  This is a TBD because we need to see Forte's landing spot.  A mistake by me to not handcuff Leveon with DeAngelo in round 14.  I think Hyde's ADP is going to creep up as the Chip Kelly hype progresses and it becomes clear that Hyde is the workhorse.  If Bell stays healthy he will outscore many teams' #1RB - #3RB combined.  Hightower was a top 5 RB for a short stretch at the end of the year...I really liked him as a flyer.

WR Grade B I went with a volume strategy here which I think works for the WR position in this format.  My favorite pick is Brandon Coleman whom I have as the most undervalued WR this year.  I consider him the best pick of my draft.  Dorsett and Stevie Johnson may also end up as PPR monsters.  Boldin and Matthews are unknowns due to FA, but I like them as good WRs so I obviously drafted them on talent with opportunity TBD.  I may have reached on Boldin a round or two.

TE Grade B Just wanted two solid pass catching TEs.  Obviously need Jenkins to stay healthy, but if he was healthy last year I wouldn't have been able to draft him where I did...love the value.

DST Grade C Definitely average, but defenses that I think are value plays this year.

K Grade A Two solid, Pro Bowl caliber kickers.  Not much more that I can ask for here.

FWIW, this is one of the best teams I've ever seen a first-timer put together in these leagues. Well done.

My only quibble is you should have taken a 5th RB instead of an 8th WR, even if it was just a 3rd-down or goal-line back. Every RB gets banged up eventually, and you really don't want leave yourself at risk of putting up a zero in a starting slot when we get winnowed down to 5 or 6 teams around Thanksgiving.

Really solid otherwise though and if you can get some health luck, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see you in the final 4. Welcome aboard!

Full draft sequence:

Sorted by position:

QB - Best in the league???  Don't have all the rosters to scan but could be.  I'll let Jeff slide with an A but it feels more like an A-.

RB - I like what Jeff did here.  If he had grabbed West I'd really like it.  B seems reasonable.

WR - Feels more like an average group of WRs.  Not a hole by any means, just troubled by the QBs throwing to them.

TE - Pretty much as advertised, grade C.  Like the Clive pick.

K/D - Getting two doesn't warrant an A, it warrants a C.  That's what your kickers get, maybe a B for your Ds.

Decent team but a little aggressive in the grading.  

At QB I see a middling QB1 and decent QB2, Grade B-.

I'll go along with the A- at RB.  Lack depth but Bell =1.5 RBs by himself.

I don't care for the WRs.  Thank goodness you threw a lot of darts.  Byrant could be a rough WR1.  You giving up ground to most of the league here.  Boldin could be toast and Dorsett is unproven.  Some nice later picks but still feels like a D+ type of squad.

If you want to talk an A your better have Gronk.  Draft Reed, Walker, Olsen and you have a nice start for a B.  When Jenkins is your TE1 and Chandler the backup we're talking a pair that's going to score in the middle of the pack

Defenses are impossible to grade so a C seems fair.

Yet another drafter who feels they have the best kickers in the league.  Yet another drafter who is optimistic.

Overall, very good job!

QB - Dalton, Cousins:  Two low end QB1s.  Should pair well in this format.  Grade C-

RB - Elliot (r), Henry (r), Booker (r), Spiller, Howard ®:  Banking on Elliot being the man somewhere.  Really will need to grade this after the draft.  Need Spiller to be productive.  Grade D

WR - Brown, Baldwin, Treadwell (r), Coleman (r), Thomas (r), Fuller ®, James Jones:  Brown = 1.5 WRs.  Need one of the rookies to produce out of the gate or Jones to re-sign in GB.  Banking on Baldwin being a low end WR1.  Grade B-

TE - Reed, Henry ®:  If Reed stays healthy he'll be a top 4 TE.  Rookie TEs are usually a bust.  Grade B-

D - Arizona, Kansas City:  Two of the better defenses.  Grade B

K - Carpenter, Aguayo ®:  They are saying Aguayo will be one of the highest drafted kickers in years.  Assuming that's the case, Grade C.

I'll need a lot of luck at the beginning of the year for the rookies to start making an impact.  figured the WSL was the place to try this as free agency, retirements, suspensions, and schedule will crippled many teams.  I suspect many of these rooks will be drafted much higher in the SSL after they are landed.  I felt really good about the talent level of this rookie crop.

BassNBrew said:
Decent team but a little aggressive in the grading.  

At QB I see a middling QB1 and decent QB2, Grade B-.

I'll go along with the A- at RB.  Lack depth but Bell =1.5 RBs by himself.

I don't care for the WRs.  Thank goodness you threw a lot of darts.  Byrant could be a rough WR1.  You giving up ground to most of the league here.  Boldin could be toast and Dorsett is unproven.  Some nice later picks but still feels like a D+ type of squad.

If you want to talk an A your better have Gronk.  Draft Reed, Walker, Olsen and you have a nice start for a B.  When Jenkins is your TE1 and Chandler the backup we're talking a pair that's going to score in the middle of the pack

Defenses are impossible to grade so a C seems fair.

Yet another drafter who feels they have the best kickers in the league.  Yet another drafter who is optimistic.
thanks for the feedback

Only about 1/2 the teams have a decent/dependable QB2 which is why I gave the grade I did at QB.

Regarding the WRs, I can see grades varying quite a bit here...we'll know more in a few months when free agency is settled.  Dorsett may be unproved but he is in the driver's seat to see a substantial increase in targets and I also really like year 2 WRs that show promise in year 1.  It will be interesting to see how this position plays out.  It will certainly be the most critical to my success and any grade from B to D seems reasonable. 

By my math, two TEs projected in the top 15 by most should be good enough for a B.  Certainly not an A though.

Regarding kicker, only about 1/2 of the teams have a solid kicker #2 which is why I graded kicker high. 

thanks for the feedback

Only about 1/2 the teams have a decent/dependable QB2 which is why I gave the grade I did at QB.

Regarding the WRs, I can see grades varying quite a bit here...we'll know more in a few months when free agency is settled.  Dorsett may be unproved but he is in the driver's seat to see a substantial increase in targets and I also really like year 2 WRs that show promise in year 1.  It will be interesting to see how this position plays out.  It will certainly be the most critical to my success and any grade from B to D seems reasonable. 

By my math, two TEs projected in the top 15 by most should be good enough for a B.  Certainly not an A though.

Regarding kicker, only about 1/2 of the teams have a solid kicker #2 which is why I graded kicker high. 
TE - Jenkins went at TE11 and TE12 in these two drafts.  That alone makes him a D level pick.  Assuming he exceeds expectations or is a bucket with Graham, Ebron, Barnridge, etc you could make that an average TE1.  Chandler isn't even in the top 50 TEs in the FBG dynasty rankings.  I think you are a little high on him.

QB - What you will find is that if your QB1 hits, your QB2 is marginal help at best.  If Romo ends up being a QB 8-10 next year, Cutler won't help enough to chase down the guys above Romo.  Where Cutler really helps you is limiting your downside or keeping you in the 8-10 range production wise if Romo ends up in the 12-16 range.

TE - Jenkins went at TE11 and TE12 in these two drafts.  That alone makes him a D level pick.  Assuming he exceeds expectations or is a bucket with Graham, Ebron, Barnridge, etc you could make that an average TE1.  Chandler isn't even in the top 50 TEs in the FBG dynasty rankings.  I think you are a little high on him
Clay is my TE#2

TE - Jenkins went at TE11 and TE12 in these two drafts.  That alone makes him a D level pick.  Assuming he exceeds expectations or is a bucket with Graham, Ebron, Barnridge, etc you could make that an average TE1.  Chandler isn't even in the top 50 TEs in the FBG dynasty rankings.  I think you are a little high on him.

QB - What you will find is that if your QB1 hits, your QB2 is marginal help at best.  If Romo ends up being a QB 8-10 next year, Cutler won't help enough to chase down the guys above Romo.  Where Cutler really helps you is limiting your downside or keeping you in the 8-10 range production wise if Romo ends up in the 12-16 range.
He may not know your particular grading scale so besides having the wrong guy that may be part of the disconnect....and not really sure why you made the dynasty reference....dynasty wise a guy like gates may not be ranked high but productive in this format....Ben Watson, etc....with all that said clay isn't much to write home about....but anyway...and the QB thing....you never know how it shakes out....last year I had Brady in a pretty big year, I'd say he "hit" as qb2....but yet if not for Fitz at QB32 chasing down the others, especially down the stretch...I don't win....

He may not know your particular grading scale so besides having the wrong guy that may be part of the disconnect....and not really sure why you made the dynasty reference....dynasty wise a guy like gates may not be ranked high but productive in this format....Ben Watson, etc....with all that said clay isn't much to write home about....but anyway...and the QB thing....you never know how it shakes out....last year I had Brady in a pretty big year, I'd say he "hit" as qb2....but yet if not for Fitz at QB32 chasing down the others, especially down the stretch...I don't win....

Ignore the Te/dynasty stuff as I had the wrong guy.

Regarding your QB.  Fitz gave you 20 pts on an early bye which is slightly above average.  You got .15 pts in wk 6, 4.15 pts in wk 11, 7.95 in wk 12 (improving on 32 pts), 9 in wk 14, and then a bunch at the end when Brady crashed.  You still had 2nd place covered in the last two weeks.  You took Fitz in round 19 which doesn't compare to 8.10 on Cutler.  Actually you took Devonta Freeman at your closest next pick to 8.10 last year.  Go substitute Sam Bradford (the next QB taken after Freeman) for Freeman and Lorenzo Taliafero for Ftiz and see if you still would have won last year.

If anything, I think your case study last year proves my point that if your QB1 hits your better off using the 7th-10th round pick somewhere else besides QB.

I ran the numbers on this a couple of years ago and was a little surprised ... I guess it depends on your definition of "hits", but a good QB2 can offer a considerable amount of help. Basically, in this format and scoring system, if you draft two QB's who each finish in the 13-20 range for the full season (so bottom-end QB1 / top-end QB2 in a 16-teamer), they'll deliver a weekly average equal, or very close, to a top-5 QB.

Now obviously, we don't know who's going to finish QB13-20 ahead of time, but the correlation between ADP and end of year finish is much stronger with QBs than at any other position except K. Certainly I don't think it's an unreasonable ask for a duo like Romo / Cutler. 

If I have the chance I'll re-run the numbers for the couple most recent seasons and post a Google Doc with the info.

I ran the numbers on this a couple of years ago and was a little surprised ... I guess it depends on your definition of "hits", but a good QB2 can offer a considerable amount of help. Basically, in this format and scoring system, if you draft two QB's who each finish in the 13-20 range for the full season (so bottom-end QB1 / top-end QB2 in a 16-teamer), they'll deliver a weekly average equal, or very close, to a top-5 QB.

Now obviously, we don't know who's going to finish QB13-20 ahead of time, but the correlation between ADP and end of year finish is much stronger with QBs than at any other position except K. Certainly I don't think it's an unreasonable ask for a duo like Romo / Cutler. 

If I have the chance I'll re-run the numbers for the couple most recent seasons and post a Google Doc with the info.

Looking forward to the numbers..

Ignore the Te/dynasty stuff as I had the wrong guy.

Regarding your QB.  Fitz gave you 20 pts on an early bye which is slightly above average.  You got .15 pts in wk 6, 4.15 pts in wk 11, 7.95 in wk 12 (improving on 32 pts), 9 in wk 14, and then a bunch at the end when Brady crashed.  You still had 2nd place covered in the last two weeks.  You took Fitz in round 19 which doesn't compare to 8.10 on Cutler.  Actually you took Devonta Freeman at your closest next pick to 8.10 last year.  Go substitute Sam Bradford (the next QB taken after Freeman) for Freeman and Lorenzo Taliafero for Ftiz and see if you still would have won last year.

If anything, I think your case study last year proves my point that if your QB1 hits your better off using the 7th-10th round pick somewhere else besides QB.
what changes things a little in this format is that on any given week I might need that .15, 4.15, 7.95, 9, etc to stay in the game since this is survivor and not a head to head or total points league.......granted Fitzmagic was a tremendous pick by Ref that late in the draft, but going into the season most would have thought I would have had a better chance of getting that coverage from Cutler than my boy Fitzmagic.....if you decide to pass on the stud QB's early, you almost have to double up in the 7-8-9 round range because you are not expecting your QB1 to provide top level production each week that keeps you in the mix or "hits" as you might say.....especially with a guy like Romo...when your chances of "hitting" get lower you have to invest more to hedge your bet.....

I haven't crunched the numbers but I would be willing to bet that I may have needed those extra points from my boy Fitzmagic at some point to advance on one of those weeks....even though Brady "hit"....

the "marginal help at best" from your QB2 can indeed be the difference in this survivor format where any week your season can be over.....

debating on when to pull the trigger on QB2 instead of value elsewhere and who needs backing up sooner than others is a different discussion.....as soon as your QB situation starts with the word (if) then you know you already aren't sure if your QB1 is solid enough to help you advance every week...think I took Brady at QB9 last year with the first pick of the 6th round.....however I felt he had had a very good chance of finishing in the top 3-5 so I waited to back him up.....Romo went as QB10 here at 5.07 but had he been my pick I would have felt much more inclined to have to back him up earlier than Brady the year before at QB9 in the 6th.....the "if" factor is different....even though you may still need the marginal help at some point...

I'm still kinda hungover from national margarita day yesterday so not sure what point I am trying to make exactly.....maybe you are right after all...

what changes things a little in this format is that on any given week I might need that .15, 4.15, 7.95, 9, etc to stay in the game since this is survivor and not a head to head or total points league.......granted Fitzmagic was a tremendous pick by Ref that late in the draft, but going into the season most would have thought I would have had a better chance of getting that coverage from Cutler than my boy Fitzmagic.....if you decide to pass on the stud QB's early, you almost have to double up in the 7-8-9 round range because you are not expecting your QB1 to provide top level production each week that keeps you in the mix or "hits" as you might say.....especially with a guy like Romo...when your chances of "hitting" get lower you have to invest more to hedge your bet.....

I haven't crunched the numbers but I would be willing to bet that I may have needed those extra points from my boy Fitzmagic at some point to advance on one of those weeks....even though Brady "hit"....

the "marginal help at best" from your QB2 can indeed be the difference in this survivor format where any week your season can be over.....

debating on when to pull the trigger on QB2 instead of value elsewhere and who needs backing up sooner than others is a different discussion.....as soon as your QB situation starts with the word (if) then you know you already aren't sure if your QB1 is solid enough to help you advance every week...think I took Brady at QB9 last year with the first pick of the 6th round.....however I felt he had had a very good chance of finishing in the top 3-5 so I waited to back him up.....Romo went as QB10 here at 5.07 but had he been my pick I would have felt much more inclined to have to back him up earlier than Brady the year before at QB9 in the 6th.....the "if" factor is different....even though you may still need the marginal help at some point...

I'm still kinda hungover from national margarita day yesterday so not sure what point I am trying to make exactly.....maybe you are right after all...
That's mostly how I see it.  Although after I took Ben as QB5 in the 4th, I still wanted a good backup - but I felt I could afford a bit more risk than if I had taken Derek Carr or Bortles or even Palmer.  I'd always wait for a while but by the 8th round and you're looking at a handful of locked in starters vs. Forsett/Henry/McFadden, the choice becomes somewhat easier IMO to take the backup QB.  If you waited past the 9th round for your backup QB, you might get lucky with a Fitzpatrick again (maybe Kap or Bradford will be that guy but I wouldn't count on it) but the likelihood seems a lot less than getting lucky with a RB like J Allen or Alfred Morris.

Regarding quarterbacks in this format, I believe that it is really important to have two that are consistent. Of course, if you wait and get a valuable contributor toward the end of the draft, it is a great benefit all across your roster, but predicting that in January/February is difficult. I like to wait as long as possible and get two together, especially if you are on the one end of the draft.

I waited until pick 6.15 (95) and took Eli Manning as QB13 and he finished as QB8 this year. Eli seems to always be under-rated, but he is a solid guy, especially in best ball. He hasn't missed a game (11 years) since taking over as the starter in his rookie season. Was glad to get Rivers at 7.2 (98) as QB16 after Bass took both Dalton and Cousins between my two picks. Rivers finished at QB10 last year and similar to Eli Manning, has not missed a game in ten seasons.

It's tough to wait that long, but after 20 quarterbacks are drafted it is much harder to get a second guy that you are comfortable with being there all year and being involved in a dominant passing game.

With 16 teams, it is a tremendous challenge to get depth everywhere, but I am typically committed to the plan of getting two guys that have been there and done that (finishing top ten) consistently.

I also like to have a lot of depth at wide receiver. I took eight there, but with both Calvin Johnson (potential retirement) and Victor Cruz (hasn't played in a couple of seasons), even eight does not seem like enough to compensate if those two retire and/or never recover.

So, I went with one PK. With the new extra point rule, the kickers life got a lot harder with more difficult kicks and frequent players getting cut. I am definitely at a scoring disadvantage to several teams, but others that drafted two could also find themselves in a similar situation.

When considering running backs, they just seem to be devalued here. The combination of so many being in RBBC and the numerous injuries, which could continue, it is difficult for me to select many of them early. I went with Jeremy Hill at 5.02 (66) and then waited as long as possible taking my RBBC for the second scoring position. Vereen 8.15, Alex Collins 10.15, Alfred Blue 16.15 and Jonathan Williams 20.15 provide decent depth, but having only one potential consistent scorer in Hill leaves me disadvantaged at running back also. I love having two Razorback rookies and will watch the NFL Combine and Draft more closely to see where they wind up.

I'll grade my overall squad like this:

QB - Eli Manning and Rivers B+

RB - Hill, Vereen, Collins, Blue & Williams D+

WR - Julio Jones, Calvin J., Matthews, Doctson (r), Cruz, Crowder, WIlson & Roberts A if Johnson does not retire and Cruz returns, but B without Johnson

TE - Greg Olsen and Martellus Bennett - depends on where Bennett goes C+ up to B

PK - Lambo solo D-

DST - Eagles and Colts C

Overall, not one of my better efforts. I was caught away from home on several picks and chose to adlib rather than hold us up. Might have taken two TEs where I grabbed Calvin Johnson and Olsen, but I did not like the running backs there after Reaper took Doug Martin who was definitely my pick. Really liked Matthews and Hill at the next turn. Likewise liked getting Eli Manning and Rivers at the next turn.

At 8.15, I wanted McFadden (Fresh Prince) and seemed to settle for Vereen. If Bennett goes somewhere positive, I'll like this pick better, but it could be another bad one. Loved getting two rookies, Collins and Doctson at 10.15 and 11.2. I was so excited at the prospect of getting Torrey Smith at 12.14 until Reaper again sniped me and reactively took Cruz when I was caught without my list. I like the Eagles DST to be strong so the next pick was ok. Probably should have taken a PK instead of Cruz and got ahead of that curve. Thought that Blue was ok at 16.15 as he should still have a role and really liked Crowder at 17.2. Not thrilled with either Wilson or Roberts although they should score some for my team. Enjoyed getting another Razorback with my final and next to last overall pick.

I enjoyed the draft with all of y'all and thought we maintained a good pace throughout. WIll enjoy following this next season.

Stephen - why the C+ for your TEs? Olsen and Bennett will probably be among the best in the league.  

Eta: Eli/rivers is a great duo for the value. 

Stephen - why the C+ for your TEs? Olsen and Bennett will probably be among the best in the league.  

Eta: Eli/rivers is a great duo for the value. 
First off, I think some grade on an A to C scale, and I grade on A to F. Second I am a little conservative regarding Bennett.

Stephen Holloway said:
First off, I think some grade on an A to C scale, and I grade on A to F. Second I am a little conservative regarding Bennett.

I'm one of the few who grade on the A to F scale.  Olsen is a B+ to A- TE1.  Personally I think Bennett is a B to A level TE2 and you are being very conservative there.

I'm one of the few who grade on the A to F scale.  Olsen is a B+ to A- TE1.  Personally I think Bennett is a B to A level TE2 and you are being very conservative there.
I try to grade A-F, but an F would be rare and basically mean the team has no starters.  D/E means you have no player with a clear chance to perform as a top 16 qb/te/k/d or one rb/wr.  

I try to grade A-F, but an F would be rare and basically mean the team has no starters.  D/E means you have no player with a clear chance to perform as a top 16 qb/te/k/d or one rb/wr.  

When I graded I do it on a curve.  F- to A+ is 15 slots, 16 if you assign two Cs.  F- is going to the team with the worse players at a position.  Don't give too many of those out as it's hard to pick that team.  If you draft the 8th QB and 24th QB of the board and I think that's where they should have been drafted, you'll be getting a C.  Many owners will self-grade these same picks as a B+ to A- talking about how the 8th QB has top 3 potential and the 24th QB was the last clear cut starter.  In some cases I can see that as you may have gotten someone you honestly have ranked higher, but when you do that across the board at all the positions it doesn't carry much weight with me.  I also realize that some people value depth or numbers more than others.  That said, don't give your crappy WRs an A- because you drafted 8 of them and then turn around and give your RB stable of Bell and 3 schmucks an A- because you got Bell.

The personal grading variations are interesting to discuss for sure and almost impossible to achieve accuracy. The grades are all personal assessments which vary wildly and that doesn't significantly assess the weekly variance of the individuals. Really difficult to not be biased, those are the guys who chose after all.

Looking forward to the combine and draft and hopefully we can all return then and comment further. Plus, we have the unknown bye weeks to factor in when the schedule is announced.

Everybody come back and follow-up when you can!

QB: Ben Roethlisberger, Tyrod Taylor. 8/10

TT hopefully continues to progress and his mobility should add to his point scoring potential.  A healthy Ben is an elite QB, Should be one of the better duos.  A-

RB: TJ Yeldon, Rashad Jennings
RB: Dion Lewis, Bilal Powell 5/8/9/11

If the Patriots sign Forte, Lewis's value takes a pretty big hit.  But he was effective when he played last year.  Yeldon should progress with Bortles and the rest of the Jags offense.  Jennings and Powell add quality depth but a lot can change in FA or the draft.  I'll call this a C right now but that grade will change by May.

WR: Mike Evans, Justin Hunter, Pharoh Cooper 
WR: Jarvis Landry, Kenny Stills
WR: Reuben Randle, Tyler Boyd  4/6/8/8/13/?/?

Others may disagree but I quite like this group.  Obviously the rookies may bust but I think those two will prove to be good values. It will be interesting to see where Randle signs this year.  Same with Hunter though his value probably doesn't change much.  B+ for now.

TE: Gary Barnidge, Ladarius Green, Dwayne Allen 8/10/13

hmmm, starting to think I took too many free agents.  Hopefully Green and Allen sign in good spots (and not Cleveland).  We discussed Barnidge before but he should be a top 10 TE.  B

PK: Dan Bailey, Travis Coons 7/13

Two pretty good kickers who were on bad teams last year. B

Def: Rams, Lions 8/10

The Rams have as good a chance as any team, and better than most, to be the #1 defense next year.  Them falling to #13 screams value.  Lions were a lot better before, with Suh, but maybe they can improve.  B+

Overall way too many FAs and uncertainty to give myself anything more than a C+ due to the risk.  RB could be a real weakness and if I had been thinking holistically, I would have taken a fifth back (Starks or West) instead of Boyd. 
Yeldon looks like a horrible pick now and this RB crew is maybe the worst in the league. 

But my TEs should be strong! 

Eta: bye weeks probably couldn't be better.  Week 8 will be toughest but not too bad. 

8.06 Ryan Fitzmagic FA QB21

9.11 Brock Osweiler HOU QB27

20.06 Robert Griffin III FA QB 

after further review: feels pretty much like a push at this point....really liked the original set of WR's that Fitz and Oz had, but maybe HOU will throw a little more than DEN next year....kinda hope Fitz just resigns with NYJ....and it looks like Griffin could still be in line for a shot at starting somewhere....might need all 3 to start as nothing real exciting here... 

1.11 Devonta Freeman ATL RB5

7.11 Karlos Williams BUF RB27

10.06 Ryan Mathews PHI RB44  

11.11 Frank Gore IND RB48

19.11 LeGarrette Blount FA RB75 

after further review: as it stands now, this group got a nice bump with Murray leaving and the assumption that Mathews becomes the lead dawg....

2.06 Jordy Nelson GBP WR15

4.06 Emmanuel Sanders DEN WR28

5.11 Michael Floyd ARZ WR36

6.06 Allen Hurns JAC WR40

15.11 Cole Beasley DAL WR79

17.11 Kenny Britt LAR WR83 

after further review: not much to see here other than maybe a downgrade for Sanders due to QB situation and maybe Hurns if JAC looking to pound it more with Ivory

3.11 Travis Kelce KC TE5

16.06 Crockett Gilmore BAL TE30 

after further review: with Watson signing in BAL, this duo takes a pretty major hit....

13.11 Mason Crosby GBP PK7

14.06 Jason Myers JAC PK14 

12.06 Seattle Seahawks DST2

18.06 Chicago Bears DST32 

Overall: after further review: 2/3 QB's still up in the air....RB got a needed bump with Murray leaving PHI....TE's took some damage....misreading Gilmore could be costly if Watson makes him a non factor...

I also like to have a lot of depth at wide receiver. I took eight there, but with both Calvin Johnson (potential retirement) and Victor Cruz (hasn't played in a couple of seasons), even eight does not seem like enough to compensate if those two retire and/or never recover.

So, I went with one PK. With the new extra point rule, the kickers life got a lot harder with more difficult kicks and frequent players getting cut. I am definitely at a scoring disadvantage to several teams, but others that drafted two could also find themselves in a similar situation.

When considering running backs, they just seem to be devalued here. The combination of so many being in RBBC and the numerous injuries, which could continue, it is difficult for me to select many of them early. I went with Jeremy Hill at 5.02 (66) and then waited as long as possible taking my RBBC for the second scoring position. Vereen 8.15, Alex Collins 10.15, Alfred Blue 16.15 and Jonathan Williams 20.15 provide decent depth, but having only one potential consistent scorer in Hill leaves me disadvantaged at running back also. I love having two Razorback rookies and will watch the NFL Combine and Draft more closely to see where they wind up.

I'll grade my overall squad like this:

QB - Eli Manning and Rivers B+

RB - Hill, Vereen, Collins, Blue & Williams D+

WR - Julio Jones, Calvin J., Matthews, Doctson (r), Cruz, Crowder, WIlson & Roberts A if Johnson does not retire and Cruz returns, but B without Johnson

TE - Greg Olsen and Martellus Bennett - depends on where Bennett goes C+ up to B

PK - Lambo solo D-

DST - Eagles and Colts C

Overall, not one of my better efforts. I was caught away from home on several picks and chose to adlib rather than hold us up. Might have taken two TEs where I grabbed Calvin Johnson and Olsen, but I did not like the running backs there after Reaper took Doug Martin who was definitely my pick. Really liked Matthews and Hill at the next turn. Likewise liked getting Eli Manning and Rivers at the next turn.

At 8.15, I wanted McFadden (Fresh Prince) and seemed to settle for Vereen. If Bennett goes somewhere positive, I'll like this pick better, but it could be another bad one. Loved getting two rookies, Collins and Doctson at 10.15 and 11.2. I was so excited at the prospect of getting Torrey Smith at 12.14 until Reaper again sniped me and reactively took Cruz when I was caught without my list. I like the Eagles DST to be strong so the next pick was ok. Probably should have taken a PK instead of Cruz and got ahead of that curve. Thought that Blue was ok at 16.15 as he should still have a role and really liked Crowder at 17.2. Not thrilled with either Wilson or Roberts although they should score some for my team. Enjoyed getting another Razorback with my final and next to last overall pick.

I enjoyed the draft with all of y'all and thought we maintained a good pace throughout. WIll enjoy following this next season.
Roster took a major hit with the retirement of Calvin Johnson, but today my tight ends look better with M. Bennett getting traded to the Patriots. I'm plying with only 19 (in March) but think my QBs and TEs are good and possibly my WRs will be slightly above league average. I really need Collins and Jonathan Williams to have roles and get a lot of luck with Lambo to hang around. 

QB: Carr / Alex Smith

RB: Gurley / CJ Anderson / Tre Mason / Alf Morris / Sproles / Rob Turbin

WR: Kelvin Benjamin / Moncrief / Wheaton / Bob Woods / Jalen Strong / Latimer / Justin Hardy / Devin Smith / Mario Alford

TE: Max Williams

PK: McManus

Def: Carolina

My lists fell apart for the TE, PK, and D positions, so I didn't do myself any favors with those positions.

Decent team, Mason and Strong haven't done me any favors. On the upside, the Morris to Dallas is a positive, Wheaton gets an upgrade due to poor decision making by a teammate, Hardy gets an upgrade with Roddy gone, and Alford gets an upgrade with the changes in Cincy. I'm pretty thin at RB and hoping certain players outperform their spots.

Overall Grade: C with B potential

:banned:

Bye Week Review

QB - Eli Manning (8) and Rivers (11) B+ No Bye Conflict

RB - Hill (9), Vereen (8), Collins (?), Blue (9) & Williams (?) D+

WR - Julio Jones (11), Calvin J., Matthews (4), Doctson (r) (?), Cruz (8), Crowder (9), Wilson (5) & Roberts (10)  B due to loss of Johnson

TE - Greg Olsen (7) and Martellus Bennett (9) - B+ No bye issue and Bennett to Patriots is nice

PK - Lambo (11) solo with late bye even worse D-

DST - Eagles (4) and Colts (10) C

REVISED - PREVIOUSLY USED 2015 BYE WEEKS after googling 2016 NFL Schedule- No obvious bye week issues and still have three rookies to be determined in a couple of weeks

QB - Dalton 9, Cousins 9:  Two low end QB1s.  Should pair well in this format.  Grade C-

RB - Elliot (r) 7, Henry (r), Booker (r), Spiller 5, Howard ®:  Banking on Elliot being the man somewhere.  Really will need to grade this after the draft.  Need Spiller to be productive.  Grade D

WR - Brown 8 , Baldwin 5, Treadwell (r) 6, Coleman (r) 13, Thomas (r), Fuller ® 9, James Jones:  Brown = 1.5 WRs.  Need one of the rookies to produce out of the gate or Jones to re-sign in GB.  Banking on Baldwin being a low end WR1.  Grade B-

TE - Reed 9, Henry ®:  If Reed stays healthy he'll be a top 4 TE.  Rookie TEs are usually a bust.  Grade B-

D - Arizona 9, Kansas City 5:  Two of the better defenses.  Grade B

K - Carpenter 10, Aguayo ®:  They are saying Aguayo will be one of the highest drafted kickers in years.  Assuming that's the case, Grade C.

I'll need a lot of luck at the beginning of the year for the rookies to start making an impact.  figured the WSL was the place to try this as free agency, retirements, suspensions, and schedule will crippled many teams.  I suspect many of these rooks will be drafted much higher in the SSL after they are landed.  I felt really good about the talent level of this rookie crop.

Rookies hit locations where they should start.  Got hosed with no QB week 9.

Bye Week Review

QB - Eli Manning (8) and Rivers (11) B+ No Bye Conflict

RB - Hill (9), Vereen (8), Collins (5), Blue (9) & Jonathan Williams (10) D+

WR - Julio Jones (11), Calvin J., Matthews (4), Doctson (r) (9), Cruz (8), Crowder (9), Wilson (5) & Roberts (10)  B due to loss of Johnson

TE - Greg Olsen (7) and Martellus Bennett (9) - B+ No bye issue and Bennett to Patriots is nice

PK - Lambo (11) solo with late bye even worse D-

DST - Eagles (4) and Colts (10) C

Collins went later than expected and was one of three RBs drafted by Seattle. Doctson got a nice spot, but may cancel out Crowder's production here. J. Williams drafted by Buffalo also crowded in the back field.

8.06 Ryan Fitzmagic FA QB21 (11?)

9.11 Brock Osweiler HOU QB27 (9)

20.06 Robert Griffin III FA QB (13)

after further review: feels pretty much like a push at this point....really liked the original set of WR's that Fitz and Oz had, but maybe HOU will throw a little more than DEN next year....kinda hope Fitz just resigns with NYJ....and it looks like Griffin could still be in line for a shot at starting somewhere....might need all 3 to start as nothing real exciting here... 

1.11 Devonta Freeman ATL RB5 (11)

7.11 Karlos Williams BUF RB27 (10)

10.06 Ryan Mathews PHI RB44  (4)

11.11 Frank Gore IND RB48 (10)

19.11 LeGarrette Blount FA RB75 (9)

after further review: as it stands now, this group got a nice bump with Murray leaving and the assumption that Mathews becomes the lead dawg....

2.06 Jordy Nelson GBP WR15 (4)

4.06 Emmanuel Sanders DEN WR28 (11)

5.11 Michael Floyd ARZ WR36 (9)

6.06 Allen Hurns JAC WR40 (5)

15.11 Cole Beasley DAL WR79 (7)

17.11 Kenny Britt LAR WR83 (8)

after further review: not much to see here other than maybe a downgrade for Sanders due to QB situation and maybe Hurns if JAC looking to pound it more with Ivory

3.11 Travis Kelce KC TE5 (5)

16.06 Crockett Gilmore BAL TE30 (8)

after further review: with Watson signing in BAL, this duo takes a pretty major hit....

13.11 Mason Crosby GBP PK7 (4)

14.06 Jason Myers JAC PK14 (5)

12.06 Seattle Seahawks DST2 (5)

18.06 Chicago Bears DST32 (9)

Overall: after further review: 2/3 QB's still up in the air....RB got a needed bump with Murray leaving PHI....TE's took some damage....misreading Gilmore could be costly if Watson makes him a non factor...

After further....further review....I start liking this team a little more...

QB: Fitz signing would give this group some juice, and 3 to chose from most weeks.....

RB: Really couldn't have asked for much more the way things shook out.....Freeman should still be primary RB1...Los will be Los....Mathews primary RB1...Gore still primary RB1 and could be a steal....and Blount resigns in probably the best possible situation for him and fantasy purposes....

WR: with only drafting 6 the bye week gods were kind to Ref....should be a pretty solid top 4....and I'm liking snagging Britt more and more as late value in this survivor format...

TE: still hurting here and Kelce is going to have to carry the load....anything out of Gilmore is gravy at this point....

PK/DST: kinda of nice having mostly early byes so that these positions are a full go as we enter last part of season and those nasty bye weeks....

Overall: I'll roll with this squad....some of the warts are disappearing with TE2 being the only real concern..... :banned:

Users who are viewing this thread