What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG NASCAR Fantasy Racing 2016 (1 Viewer)

2Young2BBald

Footbaldguy
My interest in this sport is fading (other than seeing the occasional Danica doing yoga photo: https://www.google.com/search?q=danica+patrick+yoga+photos&espv=2&biw=1242&bih=585&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjRn4HMxc_KAhWlkoMKHTYaBVIQsAQIGw#imgrc=_) but thought I would fire this up for this year as we've been doing it for around 10 years as I recall.

To join, go here: https://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto/register/joinprivategroup and use the info below to sign up (I've screwed this up before, so please let me know if this doesn't work).

:drive:

Confirmation:

Group ID# 3355

Group Name FBG Racing League Group

Password fbg2016

eta, hopefully I fixed the link to sign up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel the same way. Actually have participated in a money league the past few years and found it was ruining my Sunday when one of my drivers wrecked, etc.

Going fantasy NASCAR free this year.

Good luck.

It took her four years but Danica finally made the B-list.

The C-list looks particularly thin this year.

I'm looking forward to the racing season, and fantasy racing like I do every year. After an excellent 2014, I really did poorly last year, so hoping to get back on top this year. :drive:

I'm looking forward to the racing season, and fantasy racing like I do every year. After an excellent 2014, I really did poorly last year, so hoping to get back on top this year. :drive:
Ditto here. Occupy Victory Lane will be back, hopefully not with our C-list results week-after-week.

It took her four years but Danica finally made the B-list.

The C-list looks particularly thin this year.
Yeah that C-list is bad news. 10 starts from Chase Elliott and then ???'s.
Ryan Blaney and Brian Scott look like the next tier
Is a couple of spot starts on the road courses for Boris Said still a thing? I used to be so good at this. Looking at my profile I finished in the 98th and 97th percentile from around '03-'08, the last few years I've been in the 60s.

"C" list is pretty solid I think.

Blaney and Chase are easily 9 start guys.

Ty Dillon

David Ragan

Cassill

Regan Smith in the 7

Can't log in, getting an error report. I belong to a private NASCAR league that's modeled after the chase format. we had over 20 entries last season ($100) entry fee. You pick 5 drivers a week, but can only choose a driver 5 times leading up to the chase. Once the chase starts, it resets and you can choose a driver 3 times during the chase.

BUMP, sign up info in the OP.

I was surfing TV yesterday and stopped on The NASCAR Race Hub on FS1. The did a piece of the makeover done at Daytona Speedway. This article does a decent job of capturing what they did: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2016/02/10/daytona-international-speedway-rising-renovation/80195326/

Its interesting how they basically are trying to force a MLB Stadium atmosphere into a NASCAR track environment.
Cool time-lapse video of the construction.

The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is undergoing a grandstand upgrade too.

IMS Project 100

C-list situation just got a little tighter. With this whole charter (aka owners union) thing going on the field for races is going to be 40, not 43.

Biggest loser in this scenario appears to be the Wood Brothers who actually are looking to race full time for the first time in forever. Now they are going to have to battle for one of just 4 available spots each week.

-QG

These 8 drivers are entered into the 500 but are not guaranteed a spot in the field - they will be battling for 4 available spots:

Ryan Blaney

Robert Richardson Jr.

Josh Wise

David Gilliland

Reed Sorenson

Michael McDowell

Matt Dibenedetto

Cole Whitt

-QG

There are a TON of Group C racers that are guaranteed a spot in the 500. Obviously a couple like Waltrip are limited to a couple of races but there's an actual selection of guys to choose from this year.

Michael Annett

Chris Buescher

Chase Elliott

Ty Dillon

Brian Scott

Landon Cassill

Brian Vickers

Michael Waltrip

David Ragan

Regan Smith

Bobby Labonte

-QG

C-list situation just got a little tighter. With this whole charter (aka owners union) thing going on the field for races is going to be 40, not 43.

Biggest loser in this scenario appears to be the Wood Brothers who actually are looking to race full time for the first time in forever. Now they are going to have to battle for one of just 4 available spots each week.

-QG
I hadn't heard about this and just did some Googling on it and I'm not sure I totally get it. It appears the intent is to get as many teams to run every race in the season by encouraging "across the aisle" cooperation. In a sport where they live by "if you ain't cheating you ain't trying" how is this all going to fly?

These 8 drivers are entered into the 500 but are not guaranteed a spot in the field - they will be battling for 4 available spots:

Ryan Blaney

Robert Richardson Jr.

Josh Wise

David Gilliland

Reed Sorenson

Michael McDowell

Matt Dibenedetto

Cole Whitt

-QG
The Duels on Thursday are going to be spellbinding :rolleyes:

-QG
True but getting a C-lister in the 14 is a gift.

I was surfing TV yesterday and stopped on The NASCAR Race Hub on FS1. The did a piece of the makeover done at Daytona Speedway. This article does a decent job of capturing what they did: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2016/02/10/daytona-international-speedway-rising-renovation/80195326/

Its interesting how they basically are trying to force a MLB Stadium atmosphere into a NASCAR track environment.

IMS Project 100
I drive by it every 3 months and the changes have been astounding. It seriously used to look like some kind of AAA baseball stadium before. Now it looks pretty cool.

-QG
True but getting a C-lister in the 14 is a gift.
True - as long as he doesn't drive it just like he did on Saturday night :)

I think I also posted this before realizing that Yahoo actually has a much better selection of C-listers than they did last year.

-QG

IMS Project 100
I drive by it every 3 months and the changes have been astounding. It seriously used to look like some kind of AAA baseball stadium before. Now it looks pretty cool.
They should festoon it with huge heads of the Indy 500 winners the way the Borg Warner Trophy is.

-QG

I'm already sick of Jeff Gordon (the Through The Years ad is sickening :X ), but oddly excited to watch today's race.  I watched a lot more of yesterday's "Busch" race than I had planned (including a fun finish) and am hoping for some more good racing today.  I like how Kurt Busch "called his shot" to win and want to see what he'll do to make it happen.

I thought 39 cars in the field today looked odd, so I checked the entry list and only 39 cars/drivers were listed to qualify.  Was this part of some plan?  I can't recall a time where there wasn't more entrants than spots in the race.  NASCAR couldn't find Morgan Sheppard at the old folks home and roll him out there for a few laps to get a full field of 40 today?

It's only happened a couple times since they set the field at 43 cars in 1998.  With the rule changes and the uncertainty about the charter system I'm not surprised that some of the start-and-park teams decided not to field cars this year.

Couldn't stay awake to see last nights race end, but it end with one of the best weekly performances for my team ever as I recall.  394 points, 1,5,6,7 finishers, all leading at least one lap and qualifying bonus points from three out of the four.  Of course, this was only good enough for a TIE with the league leader who picked the EXACT same line up. :kicksrock:   

Anybody starting this for 2017?

Carl Edwards' surprise retirement ought to help the C-List this year.

Users who are viewing this thread