What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Despot - Rap music…anyone know of him? Next Up: El-P's Solo Career (1 Viewer)

Despot is, indeed, dope. He's buddies with El-P from Run the Jewels and has a verse on "Blockbuster Night Part 2" from RTJ2 as well as some of El-P's solo stuff. Hopefully, he finally drops a full-length album this year.

I get House of Bricks coming up a fair amount in different Spotify daily mixes, discover weekly, radios etc, but I never actually looked at the artist until the other day.  It's not bad, I guess.

I saw him open for KIller Mike and EL-P at a venue with like 20 people in attendance, when KM and EL-P were touring their solo albums and just finishing up the first RTJ album. He didn't even have a DJ or use trackstar. He just played the instrumentals off his phone through the PA and rapped over them.

He'll never release an album. He's been working on it for over a decade now, with no end in sight. He also runs that Frankel's Deli in NY, so that probably takes a lot of time.

My favorite track by him is Crap Artists, off that old Def Jux compilation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8pcpFmfXKw

Users who are viewing this thread