What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DI Jukebox Draft (66-15)- Listen up (2 Viewers)

Thanks to Eephus for running this, Zilla for the master juke list, Acer/AA/whoever-else for keeping the spreadsheet current (a God send to me), and Simey The Order-Mistress for the on-deck/who's behind lists when it was still a snake draft.

I'd be up for another whenever. Someone mentioned the other day about doing it again with this draft's songs excluded. I like that idea, so don't kill the spreadsheet!

I was extremely busy during this draft and didn't have time to post my usual pretentious drivel with my picks. If I get time this weekend, I'm going to break down my draft into separate "lounges" in my bar where you might hear each song I chose. 

The master jukebox is going to be - what? - 75 hours?

I Could have went Roar, Cool Kids, Shake it Off, or even All About that Base.

But I need me some.....

Ariana Grande, Problems -2014

Thanks to Eephus for running this, Zilla for the master juke list, Acer/AA/whoever-else for keeping the spreadsheet current (a God send to me), and Simey The Order-Mistress for the on-deck/who's behind lists when it was still a snake draft.
:goodposting:

I'd be up for another whenever. Someone mentioned the other day about doing it again with this draft's songs excluded. I like that idea, so don't kill the spreadsheet!

I was extremely busy during this draft and didn't have time to post my usual pretentious drivel with my picks. If I get time this weekend, I'm going to break down my draft into separate "lounges" in my bar where you might hear each song I chose. 

The master jukebox is going to be - what? - 75 hours?
I would say closer to 110 hours of music. My playlist is full of short songs and it is still almost 3 hours.

If you guys are having trouble figuring out how to post links, please use the test forum.

sorry to get political 

I would say closer to 110 hours of music. My playlist is full of short songs and it is still almost 3 hours.
You're probably right. Mine is 3:13 and I'm missing three songs. Like yours, mine probably has shorter songs than average. Hell, Karma's probably 5 hours by himself - every song he picked is like a Yes album

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, time to finish this off. And if you didnt have any idea of what my theme was, these two should be slam dunks to help you.  I was stubborn and stuck with it. There are some really awesome tunes still out there. ETA: My theme is in spoiler at the bottom. Not sure if people will miss it with the Spotify the way it is

Round 26

a) NOFX- The Brews, 1994

b) Me First and the Gimme Gimmes- Hava Nagila, 2004

Here is the theme and Spotify link for Heebie Jeebies. We dont serve it if it aint Kosher. Offering top shelf Manischewitz and Kedem Grape Juice

Spotify Link to my Playlist: <-------------- Click There 

Hidden Content
The Chosen playlist.

Acer, I'm not surprised that zam guessed your theme early since he is a member of that tribe.
I spent more time than I'm comfortable admitting trying to anagram the first letters in both the song titles he chose AND those of the artists :bag:

I'll make my last two picks, my two mulligans (adding some estrogen) and post my playlist Monday.. but I'll do my best to keep the big one updated over the weekend

Can't believe Spotify doesn't have the Hoffs/Sweet cover of "You're So Vain". They have another covers album they did, but not that one. I'm also surprised they don't have the Loretta Lynn song I picked since it was on an acclaimed album Jack White produced. The Beat Farmers song, I figured they wouldn't have since I don't think it was ever "officially" released. 

Yeah, I've got several "Tributes" and worse, I had to grab Avril Lavigne to sing Bad Reputation.  And I apparently have two songs that don't have any Spotify version.  I suck.  Anyway, I'll try to tinker with the order and maybe make use of Weekend mulligans.  

Can't believe Spotify doesn't have the Hoffs/Sweet cover of "You're So Vain". They have another covers album they did, but not that one. I'm also surprised they don't have the Loretta Lynn song I picked since it was on an acclaimed album Jack White produced. The Beat Farmers song, I figured they wouldn't have since I don't think it was ever "officially" released. 
They have all three of those covers albums. I know for sure

Matchbox 20, Real World 1997

Billy Ocean, Get Out of my Dreams and into My Car. 1987

Robert Palmer, Simply Irresistible 1988

" You leave your green around me, ##### your green gonna get lit up. You leave your drink around me, believe your drink gonna get drunk up. You leave your girl around me and she bet she gonna get stuffed."

25.x

2005 - Three 6 Mafia   Stay Fly
This was my song of 2005. 

eta* I mean one of my favorites

He did a good job of hiding it in the open. 
I would have caught it if at the beginning it was just Dylan, Neil Diamond, Simon and Garfunkel, Billy Joel, Van Halen, Jefferson Airplane, and Winehouse. If he had drafted Carole King, I think I would have investigated the jewish theme. Her real name is Carol Klein. 

25.e  Praise You - Fatboy Slim  1999

25.e  Right Here (Human Nature Remix) - SWV feat. Michael Jackson  1993

Right Here is the song that pushed me over the edge on my original Sisters concept.  I had a bunch of stuff lined up like the Staples, Sister Sledge, The Breeders, Tegan & Sara, etc.  SWV stands for Sisters With Voices and you'd think group called that would include real genetically linked sisters.  I would have accepted half sisters like in Throwing Muses or a black lesbian in a pinch but SWV are just three apparently heterosexual Black women with voices.

I was going to mulligan out that stupid Afroman song but a Kermit/Jimmy Buffet song came up on ubermix shuffle during my ride home.  Thank the frog when you're suffering through Colt 45 & Two Zig-zags.

I would have caught it if at the beginning it was just Dylan, Neil Diamond, Simon and Garfunkel, Billy Joel, Van Halen, Jefferson Airplane, and Winehouse. If he had drafted Carole King, I think I would have investigated the jewish theme. Her real name is Carol Klein. 
She was on my original list. I love Tapestry but it just didn't fit. I went with jeepster and t rex instead

Grateful Dead, paula abdul, beck, barenaked ladies, biohazard, yes, vanessa carlton, leonard cohen, j geils band, arlo guthrie, elastica, lisa loeb, ny dolls, Tom petty and heartbreakers, procol harum, early rhcp, veruca salt, steely dan, twisted sister and war all missed the cut

Really screwed the pooch with petty. Missed his original drummer was a jew. I was only looking at albums with thesecond bassist. Only one im bummed about

Its funny, I always thought mustaine recorded kill em all with metallica. He wrote some of the songs. But he was booted a month before they recorded. Had to cross off metal milisha. 

Really screwed the pooch with petty. Missed his original drummer was a jew. I was only looking at albums with thesecond bassist. Only one im bummed about
Stan Lynch was the cutest Heartbreaker. I didn't know he was jewish.

Same here, just from the first name. Didn't Rundgren produce the first New York Dolls album?
Yes he did. On the "Hello Its Me" I had to use the Nazz version (1968) based on wanting to get more songs in besides just the most recognized ones.  AND ...has anyone else seen albums slip out of Spotify in the last few days???

I lost ALL the Nazz albums except some new small compilation and a four song audition tape recording.  AND GDammit - both Bete Noire and Taxi dropped of for Bryan Ferry - they have been there forever!

####. 

Users who are viewing this thread