Faust

[Dynasty] 2017 Draft Prospects

2,705 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, dipandglide said:

Thanks for the answers. I'm leaning towards taking Zeke and Juju with the first two picks. 

Have any of you seen or can predict where Corey Davis would go in a rookie/devy startup draft? Do you guys think he'll be there for me at 1.08? 

Take Fournette and Elliot, then grab either Mike Williams or Calvin Ridley with your pick at 8.

6 hours ago, petekrum said:

Yes, we are sure.

I'm not sure if you think these succinct replies (that amount to basically your opinion) on a discussion board really contribute to the forum, but they don't.

1 hour ago, maf005 said:

I'm not sure if you think these succinct replies (that amount to basically your opinion) on a discussion board really contribute to the forum, but they don't.

Oh well. Feel free to pass on Fournette.

2 minutes ago, petekrum said:

Oh well. Feel free to pass on Fournette.

Nobody here gives a **** about your bottom line, but instead how you arrived there. Show your work, discuss your thoughts, etc

So I've got the 1, 4, 9, 11, 12 and 14 picks in this draft.  I started acquiring them 2 years ago thinking I'd go in hot and heavy this year - only to discover it's a bit below average.  Trying to turn all but the 1 into 2017 picks, with very little interest.  I'm this close to offering the 4 straight up for the 2017 1st round pick of this past year's last place team.  I see that pick being top 4 again, with a pretty decent shot in the top 2.  Part of my trepidation, though, is if the 4 becomes more valuable after the NFL draft.  Say Henry ends up in Dallas, and both Doctson and Tread end up in very good situations.  I'd be giving up something now, for a pretty good shot at something decent a year from now. 

Also, been trying to move the 9 and/or 11 for any 2017 1st, with no interest at all (yet).  Maybe when it's on the clock folks will feel different.

Tech HC Kliff Kingsbury called junior QB Patrick Mahomes "the best I've ever been around."

"[Mahomes] can extend plays as well as I've ever seen. And his accuracy when plays break down, as far as a thrower, moving around, throwing from different angles ... Pat's the best I've ever been around," Kingsbury said. The 6-foot-3, 215-pound junior threw for 4,653 yards with a stellar 36/15 TD/INT ratio in 2015, though Texas Tech finished the season with a lackluster 7-6 record. Mahomes doesn't want to see that again. He has his sights set much, much higher. Said the gunslinger, "I want to bring a Big 12 championship to Tech. At Tech, a lot of quarterbacks have put up stats and had great careers. But none of them took Tech to the next level with a Big 12 championship." He went on to say that it would be an "awesome thing" if he could secure that Big 12 title.

Source: ESPN.com 
Apr 11 - 10:26 PM

1 hour ago, Borden said:

Was watching Sterling Shepard and this guy just kept making plays. Samaje Perine. 

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209396602

He's a fun guy to watch (especially some of the game tape from his record breaking game two years back). He conceded some touches to Joe Mixon last season, so his stats weren't as flashy as his true freshman season, but the two of them made for one of the better tandem duos in the league last year. I'm real interested to see how he does this season.

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/hLfarQLTCiI-O1yzMcOhRXcmrus=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2482444/perine2.0.gif

(a link to his record breaking carry, where he makes the Kansas D look even more silly than usual)

Edited by Moonshine

JT Barrett of Ohio State is a sure fire 1st rounder if he leaves after this year. 

3 hours ago, Brendon1215 said:

JT Barrett of Ohio State is a sure fire 1st rounder if he leaves after this year. 

Um no

3 hours ago, swabs said:

:mellow:

why do i get alerts every time you post :mellow:

1 hour ago, mr. furley said:

why do i get alerts every time you post :mellow:

You're a stalker?

8 minutes ago, swabs said:

You're a stalker?

aside from the obvious

I already have Mike Williams plus two extra taxi picks. With Fournette and Chubb already gone I plan to grab Cook and JuJu as my first choices and I still feel like I don't have enough picks for 2017.

I guess I'm just a selfish, greedy dynasty owner.

Tex

Clemson WR Mike Williams could play today if it was football season, head coach Dabo Swinney said.

Williams suffered a neck injury in the season opener last year and underwent an operation that sidelined him for the entire season. On the field, Williams is an outstanding prospect and would have been one of the top receivers in the 2016 class. It truly is amazing how far Clemson made it last year without their top receiver. We are excited to see Williams step foot on the field in 2016.

Apr 20 - 10:57 AM

My early rankings.

RBs
1a.Chubb
1b.Cook

3.Scarbrough
4.Freeman
5.Ballage
6.Mixon
7.Fournette
8.Hood
9.Perine

10.Michel
11.McCaffrey
12.Conner
13.Hurd
14.Gallman

WRs
1a.Smith-Schuster
1b.M. Williams

3.C. Davis
4.Villamin
5.Sutton
6.Dural
7.J. Washington

8.Cobbs
9.Lazard
10. Dupre
11.Chesson

He did some amazing things last year and his versatility will serve him well, but college star does not necessarily = great pro prospect. 

The way I see next year's RB class right now is similar to Xue's list, but different in some ways. I agree with him that Fournette is not as good as billed, though I'm slightly higher on him. I think there's one lock elite prospect (Chubb) and then a big bucket of "good" prospects whose upside varies (Fournette, Hood, Cook, Perine, Mixon, Freeman). I'd put McCaffrey in that group. All of those guys have top 100 potential and some of them may even have a first round ceiling, but I wouldn't trade a huge bounty for them in dynasty. 

I'm generally less excited about next year's WR class compared with the backs, but I also view JuJu as an elite lock prospect. There are lots of players I like in next year's class, but he and Chubb are really the only ones that I view as can't-miss talents. Given that JuJu is the only one of the two with a clean bill of health, well...that's why he's likely going to be my #1 devy pick when I draft in August. 

On April 18, 2016 at 4:46 PM, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Um no

Have to agree, he has no future at QB.

2 hours ago, Xue said:

My early rankings.

RBs
1a.Chubb
1b.Cook

3.Scarbrough
4.Freeman
5.Ballage
6.Mixon
7.Fournette
8.Hood
9.Perine

10.Michel
11.McCaffrey
12.Conner
13.Hurd
14.Gallman

WRs
1a.Smith-Schuster
1b.M. Williams

3.C. Davis
4.Villamin
5.Sutton
6.Dural
7.J. Washington

8.Cobbs
9.Lazard
10. Dupre
11.Chesson

Fournette as your 7th RB is ludicrous.

Calvin Ridley...He going to be draft-eligible after this season, or was he just a true freshman last year? Seems like he could be the next great Bama WR.

2 hours ago, EBF said:

He did some amazing things last year and his versatility will serve him well, but college star does not necessarily = great pro prospect. 

The way I see next year's RB class right now is similar to Xue's list, but different in some ways. I agree with him that Fournette is not as good as billed, though I'm slightly higher on him. I think there's one lock elite prospect (Chubb) and then a big bucket of "good" prospects whose upside varies (Fournette, Hood, Cook, Perine, Mixon, Freeman). I'd put McCaffrey in that group. All of those guys have top 100 potential and some of them may even have a first round ceiling, but I wouldn't trade a huge bounty for them in dynasty. 

I'm generally less excited about next year's WR class compared with the backs, but I also view JuJu as an elite lock prospect. There are lots of players I like in next year's class, but he and Chubb are really the only ones that I view as can't-miss talents. Given that JuJu is the only one of the two with a clean bill of health, well...that's why he's likely going to be my #1 devy pick when I draft in August. 

Who would you compare JuJu to as a prospect?

21 minutes ago, King of the Jungle said:

Who would you compare JuJu to as a prospect?

Every player is unique, but I'll say he's 80% Demaryius Thomas and maybe 20% Justin Blackmon. DT is probably a little bit taller, but both have above average height along with excellent upper and lower body strength. Neither has truly elite speed, but both are fast enough to win deep. Demaryius had an insane YPR at Georgia Tech. JuJu's hasn't been as high in college, but he ranked 10th in the nation last year in catches of 25+ yards despite only ranking 15th in total receptions. So while he isn't a lethal deep threat like Will Fuller or Corey Coleman, his big play totals are quite good for a player of his size. He's also a very good possession WR. That's the Blackmon side of his game. With his strength, quickness, hands, and overall athletic ability, he's a handful on short-intermediate routes and can easily turn those short throws into significant gains. Basically, he's a complete #1 WR who can do everything for the offense. A lot of people have Fournette as the presumptive #1 in this devy class, but I think JuJu is the real frontrunner to be the first RB/WR drafted next year. Part of that is down to positional value (WRs tend to go before RBs) and part of that is down to him just having the fewest question marks.

1 person likes this

JuJu kinda reminds me of Dez outside the RZ. I don't think he's shown the dominance in the endzone that Dez showed, but he looks similar in RAC situations. 

He's might be a little smaller but he's got some T.O. to his game also. You don't see very many T.O. comparisons because he was a pretty unique player but JuJu might be that guy. Just looks like a man amongst boys, runs faster than he'll probably time, physical and great after the catch. Tough. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26

1 hour ago, petekrum said:

Fournette as your 7th RB is ludicrous.

Where do you have him?

He's overrated due to his production and high school hype. He has physical limitations and is dependent on the scheme at LSU: I-formation with lead FB.  Doesn't create a lot for himself.

Edited by Xue