Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Dalvin Cook, Vikings

26 minutes ago, need2know said:

This is not looking good

I just started watching in the 2nd quarter. I thought he looked really good on that 2 minute drive. If Diggs, Thielan and Rudolph stay healthy and keep the defense honest he is going to be good in the 2nd half of the year.

Just now, msudaisy26 said:

I just started watching in the 2nd quarter. I thought he looked really good on that 2 minute drive. If Diggs, Thielan and Rudolph stay healthy and keep the defense honest he is going to be good in the 2nd half of the year.

Looked much better on the last drive of half

• Like 1

looks fine.  just can't catch.

I am liking what I am seeing out of Cook.  He is getting better running the ball as the game moves along, and with the Vikes having the lead, he should get plenty of carries the rest of the game. 

7 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Yeah, he'll be fine but he's definitely got the yips tonight.

Definitely the yips, but that's the least of my concerns. Cook is an outstanding pass-catcher.

I know this is the Saints, but Cook could have a huge season if Bradford stays healthy & the OL holds up.

He ran that last run at FSU what seemed like 10,000 times. 

Can't believe he fell to the second round. NFL teams can be so dumb. 

He's no Hunt but is in the running for 2nd best rookie RB. 

1 minute ago, [icon] said:

In the running but I think fournette beats him out. 

1 minute ago, [icon] said:

And I picked CMC before both of them. I'm so dumb.

2 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

It's early yet. I did the same thing, and I still think it will end up being the right choice. But we'll see.

4 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

CMC was utilized 20 times and saw 70% of the snaps in a game where they had positive game script the entire game. I wouldn't worry too much.

• Like 2

He's looking good we'll only get better as the game slows downs.

Tex

He looks like the best rookie RB I've seen .The running and blocking are excellent. He is a very good pass catcher, tonight might have been the nerves. There weren't many lanes to run for him yet he put a pretty good line. 

1 minute ago, hardcoredx said:

He looks like the best rookie RB I've seen .The running and blocking are excellent. He is a very good pass catcher, tonight might have been the nerves. There weren't many lanes to run for him yet he put a pretty good line. 

Hunt and Fournette looked better imo. Cook 3rd.

• Like 1

Just now, fruity pebbles said:

This was viewed as the best RB class since 2008.  A bunch of them will be very good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hardcoredx said:

X2

If Cook had the running lanes and spacing Hunt had, Cook would have 55 PPR game. Hunt isn't Cook. 

• Like 1

Just now, hardcoredx said:

If Cook had the running lanes and spacing Hunt had, Cook would have 55 PPR game. Hunt isn't Cook. 

Disagree. Saints were every bit as bad as the Pats. Cook wasnt even touched on the first long run. 

Slow start - love how he got stronger as the game went on. Had the yips on a couple receptions - I think he'll settle down there. Good looking RB.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

Disagree. Saints were every bit as bad as the Pats. Cook wasnt even touched on the first long run. 

I agree mostly.  But kc oline sure helps alot

• Like 1

I was so pleased when Mixon fell to me at 5. Gonna be brutal waiting this one out, but I still have hopes he can be the best of the bunch. The others have a huge head start though.

14 minutes ago, hardcoredx said:

That's, like, your opinion, man. 

Disagree wholeheartedly. Cook had a 50% catch rate with several brutwl drops including a drive-ender in the RZ. Also he ran for a pedestrian 3.3ypc. 

Hunt caught nearly everything thrown his way, getting nearly 100yds through the air as the T2nd most targeted receiver, seeing downfield routes that Cook didn't. He also had a greater share of his team's backfield, picked up more yardage (averaging nearly 3 TIMES Cook's YPC).

Oh and he got tons of red zone looks both on the ground and in the air... hitting paydirt 3x. 

It's still early but it's clearly Hunt >> Fournette > Cook right now... and opportunity/use favors Hunt long term this season. 

Edited by [icon]

3 minutes ago, [icon] said:

Disagree wholeheartedly. Cook had a 50% catch rate with several brutwl drops including a drive-ender in the RZ. Also he ran for a pedestrian 3.3ypc. 

Hunt caught nearly everything thrown his way, getting nearly 100yds through the air as the T2nd most targeted receiver, seeing downfield routes that Cook didn't. He also had a greater share of his team's backfield, picked up more yardage (averaging nearly 3 TIMES Cook's YPC).

Oh and he got tons of red zone looks both on the ground and in the air... hitting paydirt 3x. 

It's still early but it's clearly Hunt >> Fournette > Cook right now... and opportunity/use favors Hunt long term this season. 

Where did Cook average 3.3?

Think he meant his yards per catch

Ahh. thanks

13 minutes ago, [icon] said:

Way too early to declare this.

• Like 4

Dalvin Cook rushed 22 times for 127 yards in the Vikings' Week 1 win over the Saints.

He added three catches for 10 yards on five targets. The two missed connections were drops by Cook. His night got off to a sluggish start, failing to gain anything on his first three runs and dropping a pass in between, but the new Vikings' offensive line started creating holes and Cook nearly busted some massive gains. His longest tote of the night was a 33-yarder in the fourth quarter to seal the 10-point win. Cook played 51-of-65 snaps on offense, with Jerick McKinnon getting in on 11 and Latavius Murray seeing three plays. Cook has a stranglehold on workhorse duties but gets a tough draw on the road at Pittsburgh in Week 2.

26 minutes ago, [icon] said:

Disagree wholeheartedly. Cook had a 50% catch rate with several brutwl drops including a drive-ender in the RZ. Also he ran for a pedestrian 3.3ypc.

Hunt caught nearly everything thrown his way, getting nearly 100yds through the air as the T2nd most targeted receiver, seeing downfield routes that Cook didn't. He also had a greater share of his team's backfield, picked up more yardage (averaging nearly 3 TIMES Cook's YPC).

Chris Thompson > Theo Riddick > Mike Toblert >> Leveon Bell

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, [icon] said:

Hunt was on the field for 58% of the snaps and was utilized 22 times. Cook was on the field for 78% of the snaps and was utilized 27 times. How much clearer is Hunt's path to opportunity/use?

Edit:

Fournette 61% of the snaps, utilized 29 times.

CMC 70% of the snaps, utilized 20 times.

Does anyone stand out from this group as having a clearer path? Seems about even to me.

Edited by SameSongNDance
  • Like 9

Cook looked great. Heavily involved in the offense. I was impressed. He seems like the real deal; MIN got a hell of a back. I am disappointed I missed... I was hoping one of Hunt, Cook, Mixon, CMC even would slip to me at 3.12 but they were all gobbed up round 2!!

While Cook looked good, we also have to remember the Vikings were playing against a team likely picking in the top 10 next year. Looking at his schedule it's a little concerning to some degree, but maybe not if you have PPR points:
1/4 of their games are vs the Packers and Lions... good offenses and stout defenses. 
1/4 of their games are vs the NFC South. NO is the armpit of that division but the other 3 are playoff worthy teams
3 of their games are vs TB, CIN, WAS... again, playoff teams

So when we look at their schedule, this is how many playoff to playoff-worthy teams they play: 10/16 (Packers, Bengals, Panthers during fantasy playoffs)
Assuming those are tougher games, I'd imagine MIN would want to get the ball to their playmakers (It's not like they're going to stop running the ball because they play the Falcons), however they also won't be churning out the clock like they were last night, racking up "garbage yards" so to speak (please don't take that negatively). I think it's reasonable to have him as a RB2 the rest of the way, but if you're looking for yesterday's production every week you might be disappointed to some degree. It's very promising to see MIN getting him the ball early and often though. 

I like Cook, but he does have a tough schedule... if I owned him, I would view him as a stud and I wouldn't care about his schedule; In redraft I wouldn't be actively selling, however, I'd consider for the right price. I think dynasty he's what everyone hoped he'd be. I'd be holding. 

Congrats to everyone who bit on this guy, you got a heck of a player that is getting the ball a lot in this offense. From a sheer volume stand point you have to be pleased; not many backs get that these days

It's actually pretty cool to see a "heated" discussion about which of several rookie RBs looked the best. It's about time. Everyone was hoping this rookie class would change the RB landscape and so far it looks like we may get what we wanted.

• Like 8

This was a good draft for RB. Perhaps the best group of prospects I've seen since 2008.

I still think Cook is the best of them all. 

As well as Cook did, I still see a lot of issues with the offensive line. Cook was having to make defenders miss behind the LOS far too often.

The Vikings are actually running the ball outside a lot. The blocking on these plays is kind of chaotic and something I am not used to watching with the Vikings. They ran that stretch play a lot.

Edited by Biabreakable
  • Like 2

Hard to believe how good he looked despite running a poor time around cones in shorts and a tshirt. 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

It's actually pretty cool to see a "heated" discussion about which of several rookie RBs looked the best. It's about time. Everyone was hoping this rookie class would change the RB landscape and so far it looks like we may get what we wanted.

:goodposting: 

I think there's a good chance we see 2 of the RB rookie class in the EOY RB Top 10 this year...  possibly more. 

• Like 1