Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Dalvin Cook, Vikings

50 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

Too early for that

No, it's not.  It's pretty rare for a player to go down like that and it end up not resulting in a torn ligament.

Brandon Mileski‏ @BMileskiKFAN

ZIMMMER tells @gregcoleman8 they're worried about the ACL with Dalvin Cook. Will get an MRI tomorrow.

Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero  2m2 minutes ago

Dalvin Cook just left the #Vikings locker room on crutches, knee in a brace.

16 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

No, it's not.  It's pretty rare for a player to go down like that and it end up not resulting in a torn ligament.

You are probably correct but Cook owners should wait for the final verdict before losing their minds.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GroveDiesel said:

That's almost certainly a torn ACL. Sucks. He was off to a great start.

Sad for it to end like that.  I was really down on him, so I don't own him.  My opinion of him has changed much, so I wanted to see if it would work out all season.

2 hours ago, ponchsox said:

It's amazing how fast you can lose your RB depth. Thank God I have Doug Martin to replace Cook next week.

im in the exact situation

Cook is special. Him & Hunt will be battling for years to come.

In fact, if Bradford hadn't gotten hurt, I believe Cook would've given Hunt a run for his money as the top rookie RB.

Edited by Football Jones

54 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

You are probably correct but Cook owners should wait for the final verdict before losing their minds.  

Too late. 

Soon as I saw the play I knew. Combined with TyMont's injury this wee has been just ducky. 

:wall:

5 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Cook is special. Him & Hunt will be battling for years to come.

In fact, if Bradford hadn't gotten hurt, I believe Cook would've given Hunt a run for his money as the top rookie RB.

Don't understand why Bradford's injury is responsible for Cook's injury? :unsure:

On 9/28/2017 at 3:47 PM, Hot Sauce Guy said:

In the league I got hunt in the sixth, I took cook in the second and AJ Green on the first. Along with Tate, Martavis Bryant, and Parker, plus Ty Montgomery in the third, I'm feeling pretty stacked. 

:pickle:

I bet you feel like NEVER playing this game again,after losing Cook and Ty since this post.....Never brag about your stacked teams bc the Fantasy Gods will not like you.

Edited by Crystalsteam99

Cook doesn’t have Hunt’s vision, but he is a better athlete. Hopefully, he doesn’t lose any speed/quickness with this MAJOR knee injury.

6 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Don't understand why Bradford's injury is responsible for Cook's injury? :unsure:

Not following you, LOL.

I'm simply saying with Bradford, Cook has more FF potential. He was doing well with Keenum in there, but Bradford makes a huge difference to that offense.

Edited by Football Jones
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Alluro said:

Cook doesn’t have Hunt’s vision, but he is a better athlete. Hopefully, he doesn’t lose any speed/quickness with this MAJOR knee injury.

That's always a worry, but ACL injuries, especially with younger players, have a great prognosis.

I wouldn't expect any loss of speed/quickness if this is a typical ACL tear.

5 minutes ago, Crystalsteam99 said:

I bet you feel like NEVER playing this game again,after losing Cook and Ty since this post.....Never brag about your stacked teams bc the Fantasy Gods will not like you.

I've played FFB for close to 2 decades. Ive always been cursed by "fantasy gods". I wasn't bragging, I was happy I had a what seemed to be a good team for the first time in a couple seasons. 

and supposedly I only lost TyMont for part of one game. 

But I appreciate you rubbing it in my face that two of my players got hurt. That's super nice of you. I don't feel like quitting FFB, but I will never see another of your posts again now that you're on ignore. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Not following you, LOL.

I'm simply saying with Bradford, Cook has more FF potential. He was doing well with Keenum in there, but Bradford makes a huge difference to that offense.

Seemed like you were implying Cook got hurt because Bradford got hurt.

Guess I misunderstood. No worries. 

6 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

That's always a worry, but ACL injuries, especially with younger players, have a great prognosis.

I wouldn't expect any loss of speed/quickness if this is a typical ACL tear.

The initial prognosis is it’s a complete tear, which would be more severe than a typical acl repair.

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I've played FFB for close to 2 decades. Ive always been cursed by "fantasy gods". I wasn't bragging, I was happy I had a what seemed to be a good team for the first time in a couple seasons. 

and supposedly I only lost TyMont for part of one game. 

But I appreciate you rubbing it in y face that two of my players got hurt. That's super nice of you. 

I've been playing since 92 or 93...I'm not rubbing anything in...I was just making a statement about the Fantasy Gods,bc I learned long ago,even if I have a good team,I don't say a thing about my teams,until a Championship is won..Then I talk about my team,bc by then the Fantasy Gods can't do a thing about it....I'm going to lose this week most likely in my big money league bc Jones got knocked out with his hip pointer....Those are the breaks of playing this GAME.....

7 minutes ago, Alluro said:

The initial prognosis is it’s a complete tear, which would be more severe than a typical acl repair.

Not really. Either way the ligament is replaced.

14 minutes ago, Alluro said:

I was actually referring to a complete tear. They do amazing things now with knee injuries. If it's just an ACL tear, his chances of returning to 100% are excellent. At his age, you should expect a 100% recovery. Countless RBs have come back from ACLs & have been as good as ever.

Look at Todd Gurley & what he's doing now. Heck, take Nick Chubb & his mangled knee. It took an extra season, but even after that catastrophic injury, he's getting close to 100%.

Edited by Football Jones

21 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Guys. I like you all but superstition is stupid. 

Yeah - the idea that I could cause Cook and Montgomery to get hurt because I posted something on a discussion forum complimentary to them - it's just dumb. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Alluro said:

Nope, not true. The question is whether any other ligaments were torn as well. If there are other ligaments torn, that complicates things and generally leads to a longer more difficult recovery.

6 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

:popcorn:

:lmao: 

The fact that he may have torn his ACL shows that he has no wiggle, right? :rolleyes: 

Neuro vascular, surrounding ligaments and tendons, meniscus, and musculature damage are the questions. 

The vast majority of ACL replacements are complete tears. That's not unusual at all and no more major than an incomplete tear if replaced. 

Nothing about the mechanism looked unusual. 

Edited by treat88
spelling

20 minutes ago, treat88 said:

Neuro vascular, surrounding ligaments and tendons, meniscus, and musculature damage are the questions. 

The vast majority of ACL replacements are complete tears. That's not unusual at all and nor more major than an incomplete tear if replaced. 

Nothing g about the mechanism looked unusual. 

Yeah, the first blurb I got was that Cook suffered an "ugly" knee injury, but upon watching it, his knee didn't give too much at all & seemed relatively stable.

28 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

What a DB you are.

He's on ignore for me but that's so typical.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ponchsox said:

It's amazing how fast you can lose your RB depth. Thank God I have Doug Martin to replace Cook next week.

It could be worse. I had Cook and Ware this year... 

:angry:

1 hour ago, Football Jones said:

I was actually referring to a complete tear. They do amazing things now with knee injuries. If it's just an ACL tear, his chances of returning to 100% are excellent. At his age, you should expect a 100% recovery. Countless RBs have come back from ACLs & have been as good as ever.

Look at Todd Gurley & what he's doing now. Heck, take Nick Chubb & his mangled knee. It took an extra season, but even after that catastrophic injury, he's getting close to 100%.

Did gurley blow out his knee?

Not gonna lie fellas. This one hurt bad. Not just for FFB, I really liked this kid and loved watching him play. 

Sucks that this is part of the game of football. 

19 minutes ago, Skeletore Eh said:

Did gurley blow out his knee?

His last season in college. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Not gonna lie fellas. This one hurt bad. Not just for FFB, I really liked this kid and loved watching him play. 

Sucks that this is part of the game of football. 

Vikings are friggin cursed.  I'm lucky I can play Martin as my rb2 but it kills my RB depth.  This is just the beginning though RBS always start dropping like flies as the season rolls on.

• Like 2

I guess I'm gonna drop cook for Murray but honestly I don't know if I would start Murray unless I was super desperate.