What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Dalvin Cook, Free Agent (2 Viewers)

what happened at the end of the game last night?  just felt like they had it in hand and wanted to save him a bit?  seemed quite close for that, though of course a 10 point lead in that game was probably like 30.

what happened at the end of the game last night?  just felt like they had it in hand and wanted to save him a bit?  seemed quite close for that, though of course a 10 point lead in that game was probably like 30.
Though a few extra points on that final drive to run out the clock would have been nice, I'll take 25 points every single week.  Imagine the horror if he was to get hurt on those last plays to ice the game?

It was a two score game, which typically takes Washington about 100 minutes to do, I think they they were just "resting" him, and if it was competitive he would have been in. Too bad, we have a 100 yard bonus in one league and he ended up at 98.

Though a few extra points on that final drive to run out the clock would have been nice, I'll take 25 points every single week.  Imagine the horror if he was to get hurt on those last plays to ice the game?
not a cook owner and actually more trying to gauge Mattison's true value...

in fact, i was playing against cook in one league, so no problem here.

not a cook owner and actually more trying to gauge Mattison's true value...

in fact, i was playing against cook in one league, so no problem here.
Cook’s touch share was broken down on Twitter this morning.  First three quarters it’s been 76-79%.  Fourth quarter it’s at 49%.  They’ve been closing out big leads with AM who looks just like cook when he’s out there.  He’s possibly the number one handcuff to own whether you have cook or not.  I own cook in all three leagues and AM in two.   He finally got dropped in the the third and I’m going after him.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Dalvin Cook had 23 rushing attempts and 6 targets as a receiver so 29 opportunities.

Makes perfect sense that they would try to keep him healthy while using Mattison to close out the game.

The two RB combined for 34 opportunities in a game where they just wanted to burn the clock with a two score lead being enough to secure the win.

Personally I would have liked to see the Vikings be a bit more aggressive on offense like they were against the Lions. Although a argument can be made for the Vikings not needing to do those things and to save some of those plays for a later time.

For those saying Mattison looks as good as Cook. I don't really think so. He definitely isn't as good as a receiver. Cook used some good fakes and disguise on those screen plays.

Dalvin Cook had 23 rushing attempts and 6 targets as a receiver so 29 opportunities.

Makes perfect sense that they would try to keep him healthy while using Mattison to close out the game.

The two RB combined for 34 opportunities in a game where they just wanted to burn the clock with a two score lead being enough to secure the win.

Personally I would have liked to see the Vikings be a bit more aggressive on offense like they were against the Lions. Although a argument can be made for the Vikings not needing to do those things and to save some of those plays for a later time.

For those saying Mattison looks as good as Cook. I don't really think so. He definitely isn't as good as a receiver. Cook used some good fakes and disguise on those screen plays.
You may be right, I did not watch the game that closely (dealing with a sick infant, blahhhhhh). Mattison will still be a very good consolation prize if Cook is out.

You may be right, I did not watch the game that closely (dealing with a sick infant, blahhhhhh). Mattison will still be a very good consolation prize if Cook is out.
Yeah Mattison has played very well no doubt.

I just think Cook is playing at a higher level. It feels like throwing shade at Cook to say they are the same.

Where do you rank Cook in dynasty if he plays 16 games this year?
He's in an superelite tier with CMC, Zeke, Barkley, Michael Thomas and Tyreek Hill.

If I were doing a dynasty startup (PPR), I would probably rank them CMC, Barkley, Cook, Thomas, Hill and Zeke.

So top 5 overall easily.  Cook should be a top 4 pick in every redraft next year.

He's a joy to watch, but it's like in Hot Tub Time Machine where you keep waiting for the guys arm to get ripped off.

Thankfully he's listening when I yell "get out of bounds!"

He's in an superelite tier with CMC, Zeke, Barkley, Michael Thomas and Tyreek Hill.

If I were doing a dynasty startup (PPR), I would probably rank them CMC, Barkley, Cook, Thomas, Hill and Zeke.

So top 5 overall easily.  Cook should be a top 4 pick in every redraft next year.
Is Zeke still elite? He doesn't look so dangerous anymore.

Cook Talks Player of the Week Honor, Success With Screens, Importance of Beating Denver

I found the end of this interview interesting as Cook is asked about a RB vision, if that is instinctual or if it is something that can be learned?

He talks about some people being visual learners, and if they watch enough tape, it can improve your vision. He says some are just gifted with that.

He talks about seeing the whole field and visualizing when opportunities might be there.

Dalvin Cook rushed 11 times for 26 yards and a touchdown in the Vikings' Week 11 win over the Broncos, adding five receptions for 31 additional yards.

With the Vikings shockingly falling behind 20-0 before the break, the running game was never established. Cook did manage to save some face with his touchdown, but the 57 yards from scrimmage were his second fewest of the season. He now gets a well timed bye week before returning for a Week 13 road date with the Seahawks.

Cook is crushing it.  What are the odds that the Vikings sign him to a long term deal after the season? 

If they don't, he is set to make 1.3 million in the final year of his contract.  Is he a hold out risk when you consider that? 

Cook is crushing it.  What are the odds that the Vikings sign him to a long term deal after the season? 

If they don't, he is set to make 1.3 million in the final year of his contract.  Is he a hold out risk when you consider that? 
I think at this point any RB who has had a great deal of success but not a new deal is a threat to hold out. Given his injury history, he would wise to hold out but Minnesota would also be wise not to sign him to a large long term deal. The next contract really needs to come up with a solution to this issue.

There has been talk about this in Vikings circles.

The Vikings have a history of giving their drafted players new contracts a year before their contract expires and I would expect they do the same with Cook.

The Vikings are very tight to the cap right now. Some important players such as Griffen (who has played great) may need to be let go.

Maybe they get out of Rhodes contract or something like this, but I think they end up signing Cook to a long term deal in the offseason.

If they dont then yes I think Cook should hold out. The Vikings have treated their players well and they want to be part of the team. Just look at the Rudolph and Barr situations from last year 

This looks like it might be a nail biter in the offseason.  I think the Vikings should probably sign him if he's at all affordable, but he's cruising towards Zeke money. 

This looks like it might be a nail biter in the offseason.  I think the Vikings should probably sign him if he's at all affordable, but he's cruising towards Zeke money. 
I dont know about him getting that much, or how the Vikings could afford it if he does. 

They used to pay Peterson a ton before they let him go but they were not paying much for QB then. That has changed.

I'm expecting some discount due to the injuries and perhaps some team friendly contract as they have worked out with Theilen and others before.

Cook with a chest injury. He looked like he got hurt the other week. Could be nothing but slightly concerning.

Considering that Cook came back in the game after the hit and caught a pass, he should be fine to play against the Seahawks.

The Vikings listed about 10 players as having limited practice on Tuesday. Only Ben Gedeon was out.

Dalvin Cook exited Monday night's Week 13 game against the Seahawks with a shoulder injury.

Cook left in the third quarter after fumbling. Right before halftime, he fell awkwardly on his shoulder and winced in pain while grabbing at it a bit but stayed in the game. Perhaps that was when the injury initially happened. He was dealing with a chest issue in practice last week. Cook went straight to the locker room and will be replaced by Alexander Mattison. Prior to leaving, Cook rushed nine times for 29 yards and a touchdown and caught 3-of-4 targets for 35 yards.

It didn't look serious, that said,  they can beat the Lions without him, so perhaps they err on the side of caution.

They'll need him for Green Bay that's for sure.
Didn’t look serious? He was on the ground either writhing in pain or crying. He then left cradling his arm and never got back into the game. Unless they determine that it was just a stinger, I’d say it absolutely looked serious.

Serious enough to potentially miss a few weeks, but if it was something serious as in long term he probably wouldn't have been sitting on the bench in pads. 

Users who are viewing this thread