What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

______ Passed Away Today, RIP (4 Viewers)

Carl Kasell from NPR and Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me died at age 84. Alzheimers complications. By all accounts, he was a dear man.

Barbara Bush is my favorite first lady. She was the leader of the Bush tribe. Down-to-earth, Intelligent, witty, and didn't hold back on her own opinions even when they differed from some of her tribe members.  She was her own person, and what a high quality person she was. It is nice that she lived a long fulfilled life. RIP

simey said:
Barbara Bush is my favorite first lady. She was the leader of the Bush tribe. Down-to-earth, Intelligent, witty, and didn't hold back on her own opinions even when they differed from some of her tribe members.  She was her own person, and what a high quality person she was. It is nice that she lived a long fulfilled life. RIP
:banned:

Chief Jay - i knew i was missing one....
i see what you did there, but disrespecting Tony Garrea was ill-advised ... he was just a kid from Auckland, New Zealand  (which was mentioned 762 times every time he was in the squared circle) trying to make his way in the Big Apple  - scoff as you may, but that took brass ####### balls  :yes:

oh, did i mention he was from AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND? ??

i see what you did there, but disrespecting Tony Garrea was ill-advised ... he was just a kid from Auckland, New Zealand  (which was mentioned 762 times every time he was in the squared circle) trying to make his way in the Big Apple  - scoff as you may, but that took brass ####### balls  :yes:

oh, did i mention he was from AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND? ??
when do you turn eight?

One of the funniest people I've ever seen on TV. :thumbup:
to be a fly on the wall when him and Bill Murray rehearsed their scene in "Ed Wood" -

"Mr. Bunny, what happened ... i thought you were being a woman?"

"oh ... that ... Meh-Heee-Koe was ... a disaster ... we ... were in an accident... our luggage ... was lost - he  died 

:lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, a separate thread would likely devolve into people trashing dance music.  It's not my favorite genre but I appreciate the melodic and pop sensibilities Avicii brought in his music.
Was he the one singing on "Make Me Up" or was that someone else?

Was he the one singing on "Make Me Up" or was that someone else?
AFAIK Avicii didn't sing on his records but I haven't heard everything he did.  My favorite songs of his were "Hey Brother," "Levels," "Wake Me Up," "Lay Me Down," and his reworking of "Feeling Good," the showtune popularized by Nina Simone (the "sun in the sky, you know how I feel" song).  The vocals on those were handled by, respectively: a (**really** good) bluegrass singer named Dan Tyminski; samples of Etta James; Aloe Blacc; Adam Lambert; and Audra Mae. 

Enh, on edit, just realized that this depth of info should really have its own thread.  Ah, well, I'll leave it.  Sad news; significant loss.  

Ilov80s said:
That’s so sad. RIP. 
:lmao: :cry: :lmao:

Still one of my favorite ever FFA moments

ETA... Oops, wrong post quoted. Not Avicii dying- the "what song is this"

Conjunction junction, what's your function?

Bob Dorough, the creator of "Schoolhouse Rock," has died at age 94. He previously had been diagnosed cancer, but the cause of death has not been released.

Don’t think Earle Bruce got mentioned in here. Former Ohio State football coach. 

Been a few days ago. 

Users who are viewing this thread