Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Good Posting Judge

______ Passed Away Today, RIP

15 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Clint Eastwood still has not passed away. 

He has a movie coming out in December 

9 hours ago, HellToupee said:

He has a movie coming out in December 

Does he have a couple of three-ways in it like he did in his last film?

14 hours ago, Mrs. Rannous said:
15 hours ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

Kirk Douglas turns 103 in December. 

Olivia de Havilland turned 103 back in July.

John McCain's mother could have babysat for both of them 

2 hours ago, CletiusMaximus said:

RIP Barrie Masters - 63

Barrie was a rock 'n roller to the core.  They never hit big in the US but that didn't stop him from touring the States relentlessly in his later years.  He and the current group of Eddie & The Hot Rods would blow into town, always playing the dive-iest of the few remaining SF punk clubs and tear things up.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Eephus said:

Barrie was a rock 'n roller to the core.  They never hit big in the US but that didn't stop him from touring the States relentlessly in his later years.  He and the current group of Eddie & The Hot Rods would blow into town, always playing the dive-iest of the few remaining SF punk clubs and tear things up.

Any places I'd know from the 80s?

2 hours ago, Eephus said:

Kim Shattuck singer from 90s band The Muffs died from ALS at age 56.

Sad Tomorrow

Horrible.  As much as I love Pixies I still think they did her wrong.

On 10/2/2019 at 4:34 PM, Eephus said:

Sad Tomorrow

Just came in to post this. One of my favorites. Terrible. RIP.

Diahann Carroll has died at age 84

Diahann Carroll, the captivating singer and actress who came from the Bronx to win a Tony Award, receive an Oscar nomination and make television history with her turns on Julia and Dynasty, died Friday. She was 84.

Carroll died at her home in Los Angeles after a long bout with cancer, her daughter, producer-journalist Suzanne Kay, told The Hollywood Reporter.

Carroll was known as a Las Vegas and nightclub performer and for her performances on Broadway and in the Hollywood musicals Carmen Jones and Porgy & Bess when she was approached by an NBC executive to star as Julia Baker, a widowed nurse raising a young son, on the comedy Julia.

Edited by Tom Servo
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, zamboni said:

She, Joan Collins and Linda Evans were some MILFy trio back in the days of Dynasty.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/109986415885539757/

I can't see Linda Evans and not think about her playing a hooker in Mitchell (an all-time MST3k classic).

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Tom Servo said:

Beautiful & substantial & sweet - really the first black woman my generation could see as just another person. Somebody's wife, mom, neighbor, boss. That's probably a hella bigger achievement than she gets credit for. I salute you, Miss Carroll. RIP -

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wikkidpissah said:

Beautiful & substantial & sweet - really the first black woman my generation could see as just another person. Somebody's wife, mom, neighbor, boss. That's probably a hella bigger achievement than she gets credit for. I salute you, Miss Carroll. RIP -

Yeah. A very beautiful woman who actually had to be talked into doing Diana and was IIRC considered "too glamourous" for such a role.

39 minutes ago, wikkidpissah said:

My "Hot lady list" as a kid in the late 60s:

Diahann Carol, Lena Horne, Rachel Welch, Sophia Loren, Ginger, and TV's Catwoman.  

11 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

My "Hot lady list" as a kid in the late 60s:

Diahann Carol, Lena Horne, Rachel Welch, Sophia Loren, Ginger, and TV's Catwoman.  

it was Bardot........................................................................................................and everybody else for me. I liked Honey West and Ann Margret and Fonda and Welch, but i knew Brigitte was all about the secks before i even knew what the secks was. When i was 4, we lived in a married students dorm at UVM and, all summer, a neighbor girl named Sara Jane (she's a physician not 10 minutes from there these days) used to drag me to the gardener's shed, tear me down to the nekkids and rub up on and squish me. I just knew that Miss Bardot also dragged & tore & rubbed & squished boys and liked it very much and was very good at it, and i didn't actually sense that w anybody else............cept maybe Don Knotts.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 10/2/2019 at 4:34 PM, Eephus said:

Sad Tomorrow

Hadn't thought of them in years. They were a fun band.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wikkidpissah said:

it was Bardot........................................................................................................and everybody else for me. I liked Honey West and Ann Margret and Fonda and Welch, but i knew Brigitte was all about the secks before i even knew what the secks was. When i was 4, we lived in a married students dorm at UVM and, all summer, a neighbor girl named Sara Jane (she's a physician not 10 minutes from there these days) used to drag me to the gardener's shed, tear me down to the nekkids and rub up on and squish me. I just knew that Miss Bardot also dragged & tore & rubbed & squished boys and liked it very much and was very good at it, and i didn't actually sense that w anybody else............cept maybe Don Knotts.

I used to watch old foreign movies with the sound off just to look at Brigitte Bardot. 

But as usual, your story is much better.

Edited by Leroy Hoard
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Well, damn.

I was in 2nd-3rd grade when Julia was on, and my 2nd grade teacher looked just like Carroll - in my mind, anyway. In retrospect my teacher was probably 8 or 10 years younger and I doubt she really looked like Diahann. But she was the first black woman I "knew" who wasn't in a then-traditional role (my school system had only recently fully desegregated when I entered it & there weren't a lot of professional roles for black women). So, my 7 year-old pea brain conflated these two women to the point where I hollered out "Julia!" to my teacher when I was excited to answer one of her questions. I'll never forget how she looked at me and said "Billy, why did you call me Julia?". I didn't realize why she was asking me that then, but I know to this day I was afraid that I had done something wrong. I flashed back to it several years later and wanted to crawl into a hole when I realized what she must have been thinking. I don't think I ever did know that teacher's first name.

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Uruk-Hai said:

Figured it was any day now, but damn. :(

That leaves us only Clapton from the legendary trio.

12 minutes ago, zamboni said:

Cream has a really weird legacy. Many hip rock critics of the time used them as a low bar when reviewing other bands. Then, I can recall in the '70s & '80s that they were in the pantheon of great Boomer bands. Then, they weren't..... then they were, etc.....

I think, now with 50 years of hindsight and listening to their records, they were more influential than they were good. All three were insanely talented but their albums were wildly uneven (probably not the band's fault, but they are saddled with it). The 6 or 8 radio hits they had are, by far, their best. 

And some of their influence was done much better by acts that directly followed them (Hendrix, Allmans). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uruk-Hai said:

All three were insanely talented but their albums were wildly uneven (probably not the band's fault, but they are saddled with it).  

Agree 100% here. Their albums were a bit uneven - Disraeli Gears was the closest to hitting on all cylinders, but even that one had a bit of filler. Where Ginger and his cohorts were at their best is live, when they could stretch out and embrace the incredible chemistry, without the shackles of having to fill a pop album.Their live performance at Royal Album Hall in 1968 is a great example (it’s on YouTube).

But I digress - RIP again to one of the great rock drummers of all time.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Eephus said:

Julia was the first Black woman I can remember thinking was pretty.  I must have been eight. 

And the rest as they say is history.

Janet Jackson in Different Strokes. :wub:

46 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

Janet Jackson in Different Strokes. :wub:

Tootie

Edited by JZilla
  • Thanks 1

On 10/4/2019 at 3:32 PM, wikkidpissah said:

a neighbor girl named Sara Jane (she's a physician not 10 minutes from there these days) used to drag me to the gardener's shed, tear me down to the nekkids and rub up on and squish me. I just knew that Miss Bardot also dragged & tore & rubbed & squished boys and liked it very much and was very good at it, and i didn't actually sense that w anybody else.

Wikkid has a way of telling a story... :lmao:

• Like 2

“Rip Taylor! Rip Taylor!

Your girlfriend, we nailed her!”

~ Bloodhound Gang, 1995

R.I.P.

10 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Remember watching that goofy show as a kid with my brother and uncle.  I remember my uncle laughing a lot.   

IIRC, Sandra Bernhard won once.

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:58 AM, zamboni said:

Read some stuff over the weekend on him.  many tributes to Ginger Baker the drummer, not many to Ginger Baker the human being.   Not a very likable guy apparently.

4 hours ago, zamboni said:

Long time MLB catcher Andy Etchebarren.

Think I had about five of these cards when I collected them as a kid.

him, Joe Torre, Joe Pepitone - always grouped those guys together figuring them as the core of the "Backhair All-Stars".  

5:00 shadow before lunch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

him, Joe Torre, Joe Pepitone - always grouped those guys together figuring them as the core of the "Backhair All-Stars".  

5:00 shadow before lunch.

Don't forget about the Leg-hair All-Stars, too.