Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Good Posting Judge

______ Passed Away Today, RIP

Flamboyant Puerto Rican astrologer Walter Mercado dies at age 88.  He was well-known throughout all of Latin American and among Hispanics in the USA. My ex-wife used to watch him on TV.

In 2016, he predicted total destruction of the world if Trump became president: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/election/article91718662.html

On 11/3/2019 at 11:08 PM, SoBeDad said:

Flamboyant Puerto Rican astrologer Walter Mercado dies at age 88.  He was well-known throughout all of Latin American and among Hispanics in the USA. My ex-wife used to watch him on TV.

In 2016, he predicted total destruction of the world if Trump became president: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/election/article91718662.html

I'll bet that guy knew how to handle a prostate.  

10 hours ago, The Man With No Name said:

In lieu of flowers, Lee's family asks that donations be made to The Hunger Project, a non-profit that aims to end world hunger by empowering women and establishing partnerships with local governments.

There's a tad bit of irony with this.  Still a sad situation for her friends and family.

• Like 2

RIP, Jake Burton Carpenter, founder of Burton Snowboards and really the guy that brought snowboarding into existence. He convinced Stratton Mountain to let him and his friends to ride there and the sport took off from there. Just a decent, chill guy who made a fortune and got to spend his life doing what he loved, dead at 65. 

• Like 1

Jake Burton Carpenter  

thanks for being so innovative

• Like 2

Cartoonist Gahan Wilson and actor Michael J. Pollard

:doublesadface:

• Sad 4

40 minutes ago, Eephus said:

Cartoonist Gahan Wilson and actor Michael J. Pollard

:doublesadface:

Gahan Wilson gave me my first adult moment. Once i found my father's "special drawer", i rifled thru it regularly in search of new naughty mags and party records. Oh, the stolen moments of salacious surreptity but, to this day, i have never seen an image that shook my tree more than, in the second half of one of me Da's Playboys, a GW cartoon of a line of sad, fat, naked old men grimly climbing a children's slide that turned out to be a giant cheese grater. The slide was an inverted Progress of Man - the farther down, the less man there was - and, of course, a giant pile of shredded loser below. I was maybe 8yo and i knew this was hilarious but didn't know why. Stared at it over & over thru the years and am haunted by it still. Could not find the image on the innerwebs for y'all. You were grate, Mr. Wilson. RIP -

The only reason Michael J Pollard was popular was that there always seemed to be a similarly inexplicable, goofy, giggleshrugging guy in every pot circle of the 60s. RIP -

Edited by wikkidpissah
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, wikkidpissah said:

Gahan Wilson gave me my first adult moment. Once i found my father's "special drawer", i rifled thru it regularly in search of new naughty mags and party records. Oh, the stolen moments of salacious surreptity but, to this day, i have never seen an image that shook my tree more than, in the second half of one of me Da's Playboys, a GW cartoon of a line of sad, fat, naked old men grimly climbing a children's slide that turned out to be a giant cheese grater. The slide was an inverted Progress of Man - the farther down, the less man there was - and, of course, a giant pile of shredded loser below. I was maybe 8yo and i knew this was hilarious but didn't know why. Stared at it over & over thru the years and am haunted by it still. Could not find the image on the innerwebs for y'all. You were grate, Mr. Wilson. RIP -

The only reason Michael J Pollard was popular was that there always seemed to be a similarly inexplicable, goofy, giggleshrugging guy in every pot circle of the 60s. RIP -

Gahan Wilson, B. Kliban, and Gary Larson - my top 3 cartoonists.  The first one that I really remember was in a National Lampoon - "Baby Eating Through the Centuries" was a several page comic book panel spread - take off of the Jonathon Swift's a Modest Proposal.  

• Like 1

Harry Morton, founder of the Pink Taco restaurant chain.

(And son of the guy who founded the Hard Rock Cafe)

(And grandson of the guy who founded Morton's Steakhouse)

He was 38. Found unresponsive in his Beverly Hills home.

28 year old K-Pop star and actress, Goo Hara, found dead in her home in Seoul.
RIP.

5 hours ago, EYLive said:

28 year old K-Pop star and actress, Goo Hara, found dead in her home in Seoul.
RIP.

I remember her in the K-pop group Kara.

8 minutes ago, dino259 said:

Terry Glenn died in 2017.  His son Terry Glenn, Jr died over thanksgiving.

Ooops.  Sorry about that.  The article was slipped into today's news feed for me.  

Sci Fi TV Legend DC Fontana, 80. Wrote 11 episodes of Star Trek TOS and 5 episodes of TNG, including the pilot. Also wrote for Babylon 5, The Six Million Dollar Man, Buck Rogers, and dozens of others. 

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Walking Boot said:

Sci Fi TV Legend DC Fontana, 80. Wrote 11 episodes of Star Trek TOS and 5 episodes of TNG, including the pilot. Also wrote for Babylon 5, The Six Million Dollar Man, Buck Rogers, and dozens of others. 

Awww.  She was great.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

Awww.  She was great.

She had some great interview spots on the Star Trek collectors boxed DVD sets. IIRC she used her initials because no one thought women could write sci-fi back in the 60s (and before), so she didn't want it to be obvious she was a woman when getting credited for scripts.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

Also the rapper Juice Wrld died at 21 years old.

Had a seizure getting off the plane in Chicago while walking in the airport. Strange story.

I have to imagine drug related. He was pretty dark and had lots of references to dying young, etc.

• Like 1

Actor Ron Leibman who achieved half an EGOT with Emmy and Tony Awards died at age 82.  He was best known as a stage actor but appeared in movies such as Norma Rae, Slaughterhouse Five and The Super Cops.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Eephus said:

Actor Ron Leibman who achieved half an EGOT with Emmy and Tony Awards died at age 82.  He was best known as a stage actor but appeared in movies such as Norma Rae, Slaughterhouse Five and The Super Cops.

He's kind of a classic NY character actor. I assumed he died many years ago. I was surprised to learn he was married to both Linda Lavin and Jessica Walter.

1 minute ago, Mr. Ected said:

WOW, big day today.

René Auberjonois From Benson and Star Trek: DS9 died at 79.

René Auberjonois, a prolific actor best known for his roles on the television shows “Benson” and “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine” and his part in the 1970 film “M.A.S.H.” playing Father Mulcahy, has died. He was 79.

i liked him as an actor. seems like he could have had a different career somehow.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gianmarco said:

Also the rapper Juice Wrld died at 21 years old.

Had a seizure getting off the plane in Chicago while walking in the airport. Strange story.

It’s a very strange story.  The recent trend on Tik-Tok was to Juice Wrlds song Lucid Dreams and at one point in the song with water in their mouth they would shake their head like having a seizure, eyes rolled back and the water coming out of their mouth.  Then today he dies of a seizure 

20 minutes ago, offdee said:

It’s a very strange story.  The recent trend on Tik-Tok was to Juice Wrlds song Lucid Dreams and at one point in the song with water in their mouth they would shake their head like having a seizure, eyes rolled back and the water coming out of their mouth.  Then today he dies of a seizure 

And he had the lyrics...

“What’s the 27 Club? / We ain’t making it past 21”

2 hours ago, eoMMan said:

And he had the lyrics...

“What’s the 27 Club? / We ain’t making it past 21”

I just read he made a tweet a couple yrs ago.... My goal is to get overly famous, shine for a couple years..then fake my death  

And it happened in a public airport but no pictures or video of it?  People who live near that airport said no sign or sound of ambulances the entire night.  Strange. 

Edited by offdee
  • Thinking 1

Michael Lamper as well: actor, musician, and husband of Marina Sirtis from Star Trek the Next Generation. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Ected said:

WOW, big day today.

René Auberjonois From Benson and Star Trek: DS9 died at 79.

René Auberjonois, a prolific actor best known for his roles on the television shows “Benson” and “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine” and his part in the 1970 film “M.A.S.H.” playing Father Mulcahy, has died. He was 79.

One of my favorite bits from Disney. RIP

8 hours ago, saintfool said:

i liked him as an actor. seems like he could have had a different career somehow.

He did very, very well.  Seven years of DS9 starring status should have set him up for good.  

7 hours ago, offdee said:

I just read he made a tweet a couple yrs ago.... My goal is to get overly famous, shine for a couple years..then fake my death  

And it happened in a public airport but no pictures or video of it?  People who live near that airport said no sign or sound of ambulances the entire night.  Strange. 

And his name is based off of Tupac's Juice movie. Some believe Tupac is alive somewhere living on an island. :tinfoilhat:

9 hours ago, offdee said:

Except on the news, here in Chicago, there was the 911 call recording. 

Pete Frates, the most beloved person in New England, ALS sufferer & inspiration for the ice-bucket challenge. RIP -

• Sad 4

On 12/9/2019 at 2:38 AM, Aerial Assault said:

He did very, very well.  Seven years of DS9 starring status should have set him up for good.  

He had a big role on Boston Legal as well. 

• Like 1