What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

______ Passed Away Today, RIP (1 Viewer)

Planters' mascot Mr. Peanut is dead. However he may be reincarnated during the Super Bowl. 
Holy cow.  Are we actually going to get some FUNNY Super Bowl commercials this year?  I feel like it's been decades since we've had funny commercials.  Sad and woke have been the mantra of late.  Remember that one insurance commercial with the dead kids?  Jesus.  

Wow.  Mr R was watching the Rockets game.  They announced it when they came back from commercial.  

Wikipedia says his daughter was with him.  How awful.

Planters' mascot Mr. Peanut is dead. However he may be reincarnated during the Super Bowl. 
From Ad Age

Planters paused its Super Bowl campaign centered around the fictitious Mr. Peanut’s death following the deaths of Kobe Bryant, his daughter, and seven others in a helicopter crash.

As of Monday, it remained unclear how the brand would proceed with its marketing strategy leading up to and during the Super Bowl.

“We are saddened by this weekend’s news and Planters has paused all campaign activities, including paid media, and will evaluate next steps through a lens of sensitivity to those impacted by this tragedy,” the brand said in a statement Monday.

Chris Doleman just tweeted about surviving brain cancer 4 days ago. I don’t understand what happened in that soon of a time. 

Chris Doleman just tweeted about surviving brain cancer 4 days ago. I don’t understand what happened in that soon of a time. 
Seizures are a common occurrence for brain cancer patients and can cause sudden death.  I have no idea if this is what happened to Doleman.  RIP

Seizures are a common occurrence for brain cancer patients and can cause sudden death.  I have no idea if this is what happened to Doleman.  RIP
My dad had pancreatic cancer and went in minutes from an embolism, not the cancer itself (which he had only just been diagnosed with)

I do not believe in "God."  Or "Heaven."  But I have to believe somehow, some way, we get to experience or be a part of the love of the creatures we saved and who saved us once we shuffle off this mortal coil.  I simply can't bear to have lost such a thing forever.

I suppose I hope that I am larger than my contradictions.

Rip Andy Gill, guitarist and cofounder of gang of four. A billion post-punk guitarists owe you their jangly, feedback sound.

Also rip Taliesin school of architecture...frank Lloyd Wright's. Unclear to me what happened with it...some issue between board, dean and accreditation I think. Sad. Strange place and bizarre attempting to ape what the master did...but you could do far worse than that.

Also rip Taliesin school of architecture...frank Lloyd Wright's. Unclear to me what happened with it...some issue between board, dean and accreditation I think. Sad. Strange place and bizarre attempting to ape what the master did...but you could do far worse than that.
Aw, that's sad.  I visited the one in Wisconsin last year, and the whole concept seemed so cool.  Seemed like a commune, in a good way.

Aw, that's sad.  I visited the one in Wisconsin last year, and the whole concept seemed so cool.  Seemed like a commune, in a good way.
I assume both Taliesins FLW culty drink the koolaid facilities are staying open- just the school in AZ on the Taliesin grounds is closing. At least, that's how I'm understanding it.

I assume both Taliesins FLW culty drink the koolaid facilities are staying open- just the school in AZ on the Taliesin grounds is closing. At least, that's how I'm understanding it.
No, I'm talking about the school in Wisconsin.  There were schools at both locations.

Users who are viewing this thread