Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Good Posting Judge

______ Passed Away Today, RIP

1 hour ago, Leroy Hoard said:

And I'm not sure Bill or Andy have enough time left to catch him. Shula will own that #1 for a long long time.

Bill is 55 wins away - it will be close given his age and the fact that Brady is gone.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Bill is 55 wins away - it will be close given his age and the fact that Brady is gone.

Comes down to whether he decides to coach for between 6-11 seasons. 

Hard to imagine he’d have as bad as eleven 5 win seasons in him.

Or ten 6 win?

More likely he averages six 10 win, or seven 9 win.

Edited by Mr. Ham

1 minute ago, Mr. Ham said:

Bill doesn’t have eleven 5 win seasons in him? 

He could. I don't know how long he'll coach . He's 68. 

Just now, Dr. Octopus said:

He could. I don't know how long he'll coach . He's 68. 

My guess is he ends up with that record by the time he turns 77.

1 hour ago, Eephus said:

Dave Greenfield, the keyboard player from The Stranglers died after contracting the Coronavirus while hospitalized for heart problems.  His playing separated The Stranglers' sound from the bulk of other first wave UK Punk bands

Big fan of theirs and DG dominated their sound once they branched away from the pub punk. Golden Brown would be a good example.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Ham said:

My guess is he ends up with that record by the time he turns 77.

BB might be motivated to do so, with how outspoken a critic of the Pats scandals Shula was.

Or, he might not give a #### whatsoever. :shrug:

23 minutes ago, Nigel said:

BB might be motivated to do so, with how outspoken a critic of the Pats scandals Shula was.

Or, he might not give a #### whatsoever. :shrug:

My guess is you don’t get to be BB without a fire in your belly and a major chip on your shoulder. I suspect that record is in mind as a condition for retirement, but I may be totally wrong.

I wonder what BB’s career would look like if Cleveland hadn’t been the inept franchise they are and kept him this whole time. Would they have had a super bowl or two? Could he have done nearly as much without TB?

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

My guess is you don’t get to be BB without a fire in your belly and a major chip on your shoulder. I suspect that record is in mind as a condition for retirement, but I may be totally wrong.

Not to disrespect the thread, but BB is coaching til somebody says "it wasnt Brady after all". Anywhere from 3 to 27 years...

Edited by wikkidpissah
  • Like 4
  • Laughing 1

18 hours ago, wikkidpissah said:

Not to disrespect the thread, but BB is coaching til somebody says "it wasnt Brady after all". Anywhere from 3 to 27 years...

This is a great opportunity for him to prove himself and for us to believe that coaching can be the most important thing.  I for one am already a believer, but proof would be excellent.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Psychopav said:

This is a great opportunity for him to prove himself and for us to believe that coaching can be the most important thing.  I for one am already a believer, but proof would be excellent.

If nothing else, the next couple seasons should prove something one way or the other.

59 minutes ago, Psychopav said:

I for one am already a believer

Not me - I saw his face.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, zamboni said:
1 hour ago, Psychopav said:

I for one am already a believer

Not me - I saw his face.

not a trace of doubt in his mind

he's in love ...with BB

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/4/2020 at 5:21 PM, NREC34 said:

I wonder what BB’s career would look like if Cleveland hadn’t been the inept franchise they are and kept him this whole time. Would they have had a super bowl or two? Could he have done nearly as much without TB?

It was owner Art Modell who put all of his money into an amusement park and got into financial trouble so he sold it to a country music star who turned his financial failure into a cash-cow.  Dolly Parton bought it and turned it into DollyWood theme park which was a hit.

Modell couldn't afford to sign free agents and he wound up firing Bill Belichick.  The second HOF HC he fired after he fired HOF legend Paul Brown who became a thorn in his side.

If Modell wasn't so greedy and inept he could have coasted on the automatic earnings from his team.

Can you imagine Bill Belichick + GM Ozzie Newsome + the two 1st-round HOF picks Newsome made in OT Jon Ogden + LB Ray Lewis + getting QB Tom Brady the next year in the 6th round?  Then if Art could have stepped into the background having BB and Ozzie running the show with Brady and Odgen and Ray-Ray?  

• Like 2

On 5/4/2020 at 11:21 PM, NREC34 said:

Didn't they?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, urbanhack said:

:(

https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1258059029735186434

Florian Schneider, the Kraftwerk co-founder whose musical influence touched all corners of electronic music and beyond, has died at age 73

:cry:

Fuuuuuuuuu##!!!!!

Seminal band for me...forever changed and formed my musical tastes as a kid.

Dammit :(

Edited by El Floppo

Brian Howe, former lead singer of the reformed Bad Company in the late '80s. Died of a heart attack at 66.

True, the band was a shell of its former self and was little more than a generic hair band cashing in on a once-proud name, the fact remains that they scored some major AOR hits on the radio airwaves.

No Smoke Without A Fire

Shake It Up

Holy Water

Walk Through Fire

Stranger Stranger

If You Needed Somebody

Boys Cry Tough

How About That

• Like 1

23 hours ago, [scooter] said:

Brian Howe, former lead singer of the reformed Bad Company in the late '80s. Died of a heart attack at 66.

True, the band was a shell of its former self and was little more than a generic hair band cashing in on a once-proud name, the fact remains that they scored some major AOR hits on the radio airwaves.

No Smoke Without A Fire

Shake It Up

Holy Water

Walk Through Fire

Stranger Stranger

If You Needed Somebody

Boys Cry Tough

How About That

I liked that era of the reformed Bad Company.  Howe had a strong voice.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

I liked that era of the reformed Bad Company.  Howe had a strong voice.  

I can’t deny.

Edited by zamboni

40 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

Roy, from Siegfried & Roy. The original Tiger Kings.

link

Died from COVID-19.

Saw the show a couple times. RIP

12 hours ago, Joe Summer said:

Roy, from Siegfried & Roy. The original Tiger Kings.

link

Died from COVID-19.   Carole Baskin.

FYP

34 minutes ago, zamboni said:

RIP Little Richard :(

Well, ####. 

He is the reason people were scared to death of rock and roll. Black dude with a pompadour piled way the hell up high, mascara running all over his face, slamming piano keys like his fingers were made of jackhammers, fey eye rolls. 

And that voice.  If a hormone could speak, it would sound like Richard.

Elvis, Chuck, Fats - they could all be fit into (with a little stretching) something white America could deal with. Richard, not so much.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, zamboni said:

The whole point of rock & roll, for my money. Uruk already made the point beautifully, so i'll only add that Richard Penniman's difference was ecstasy. The thing trained out of our folks in order to make them good citizens was actually still in us and we could not only access but produce it was what i sensed from that pretty whirlwind coming out into our living rooms. And music went instantly from comforting to challenging and we're all in Li'l Richard's debt for that. RIP -

Edited by wikkidpissah
  • Like 8

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, zamboni said:

Was lucky enough to see him in ‘88 while in Rome with a bus load of shipmates (USN 1983-89.) It was a heckuva a lineup: Bo Diddley, Fats Domino, Jerry Lee Lewis, James Brown, Ray Charles, B.B. King, Chuck Berry.

The fact that Little Richard stood out in that crowd is all you need to know. Great showman.

Edited by BobbyLayne
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, BobbyLayne said:

Was lucky enough to see him in ‘88 while in Rome with a bus load of shipmates (USN 1983-89.) It was a heckuva a lineup: Bo Diddley, Fats Domino, Jerry Lee Lewis, James Brown, Ray Charles, B.B. King, Chuck Berry.

The fact that Little Richard stood out in that crowd is all you need to know. Great showman.

James Brown is no slouch himself in the showmanship department; to have Little Richard stood out from him means a lot.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tom Servo said:

James Brown is no slouch himself in the showmanship department; to have Little Richard stood out from him means a lot.

James was probably the guy I was most looking forward to on the way there - we had liberty from Napoli, it was a haul - but they were all amazing. Way before my time for all them except JB but even being young & dumb I knew it was something special.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gump said:

From Bob Dylan's Facebook account...

I just heard the news about Little Richard and I’m so grieved. He was my shining star and guiding light back when I was only a little boy. His was the original spirit that moved me to do everything I would do. I played some shows with him in Europe in the early nineties and got to hang out in his dressing room a lot. He was always generous, kind and humble. And still dynamite as a performer and a musician and you could still learn plenty from him. In his presence he was always the same Little Richard that I first heard and was awed by growing up and I always was the same little boy. Of course he’ll live forever. But it’s like a part of your life is gone.

• Like 6

Little Richard and Roy on the same day.  No joke, watching one of Roy's white tigers stalking back and forth the length of LR's piano would have been a true Vegas spectacle.

Little Richard is probably deserving of his own thread.  I found this passage from the Rolling Stone article both sad and funny at the same time.

In a sign of how segregated the music business and radio were at the time, though, Pat Boone’s milquetoast covers of “Tutti Frutti” and “Long Tall Sally,” both also released in 1956, charted as well if not higher than Richard’s own versions. (“Boone’s “Tutti Frutti” hit Number 12, surpassing Little Richard’s by nine slots.) Penniman later told Rolling Stone that he made sure to sing “Long Tall Sally” faster than “Tutti Frutti” so that Boone couldn’t copy him as much.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

Wow.   That’s a show to remember.  

• Like 1

Macon, GA did ok for itself: Little Richard, James Brown, and Otis Redding. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Uruk-Hai said:

Ray Charles 90 miles down the road in Albany.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Uruk-Hai said:

most depressing place i've ever been in America, including SBronx in the 80s. i had a job interview @ Capricorn Records in '74 and got lost on the way down from Hotlanta. ended up in some kind of sharecropper hell, house after house of 4 sunken-eyed generations out on the porch cuz the place wasnt big enough for everyone to be inside at once. zombies are happier than them po'folk seemed - still see em in dreams

Edited by wikkidpissah
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

4 hours ago, Uruk-Hai said:

Also the Allman Brothers with their Big House

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Galileo said:

Little Richard is probably deserving of his own thread.  I found this passage from the Rolling Stone article both sad and funny at the same time.

Really good. Always admire art that comes from a genuine place of expression, usually tinged with desperation... like a dishwasher at a Greyhound station in Macon, Georgia howling to make the time pass.

Edited by Mr. Ham

2 hours ago, JamesonSkittles said:

RIP Jerry Stiller. 

My Festivus Pole will be flying at half staff today.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, JamesonSkittles said:

RIP Jerry Stiller. 

Damn - this one stings a little.  Frank Costanza is one of my all-time favorite supporting roles. 

I can't drive around Florida without saying "....in all of Del Boca Vista"

RIP

• Like 3
  • Love 1