What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The People v OJ Simpson - FX (1 Viewer)

Cjw_55106

Footballguy
So, the show kicks off tonight with what appears to be a great cast.

The Goldman family is very unhappy and says the show is not 100% true.

"We have a whole new generation who never saw this take place and is now going to see this series and assume that everything in this series is fact," Goldman's father, Fred Goldman, said. "And that's very troubling to me."

Goldman's sister, Kim Goodman, said no one knows how much of the miniseries is fact or fiction.

"We have all the history, we have all the facts, we have all the documentaries," Goodman said on the Dr. Phil special. "Why are we doing this?"

Watching this for sure. One of the great courtroom tragedies I had ever seen. He had great lawyers and kudos to them. Shame the LA Police screwed this whole thing up. Two innocent lives were lost in a brutal crime of passion.

But justice has a way of being served as O.J rots in a cell for probably the rest of his natural born life.

Despite the fact they are everywhere, I really know nothing about the Kardashians. I have to feel sorry for the mom, who was Nicole's best friend...and then to have her husband defend OJ..it must have killed her inside.

Despite the fact they are everywhere, I really know nothing about the Kardashians. I have to feel sorry for the mom, who was Nicole's best friend...and then to have her husband defend OJ..it must have killed her inside.
Nicole's best friend was Faye Resnick, at least according to what was said in the trial.

Nicole's best friend was Faye Resnick, at least according to what was said in the trial.
Well, You could my best friend but I might not be yours. Either way, they were very close.

It was unfortunate timing, that's all. If the lady who found the pictures of OJ in the Bruno Magli shoes had found them before the criminal case concluded he would have been convicted. That evidence alone was almost enough to convict, nevermind all the other evidence. But then again the jury was so biased against the police that they may have found him not guilty even with a video of him committing the murder. What a horrible situation that was.

It was unfortunate timing, that's all. If the lady who found the pictures of OJ in the Bruno Magli shoes had found them before the criminal case concluded he would have been convicted. That evidence alone was almost enough to convict, nevermind all the other evidence. But then again the jury was so biased against the police that they may have found him not guilty even with a video of him committing the murder. What a horrible situation that was.
:lmao:

I don't think the evidence mattered one bit.

I can never get the image out of my head of Kardashian's face when the verdict was read. The initial reaction and look of amazement and disappointment. I always wondered what was going through his head at that moment.

0:23 mark of this video:

https://youtu.be/rurKd569xRw

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely in. Can't get enough of that story, still.

Travolta looks disturbing as Shapiro.

Yeah, I'm in on this, totally. It's been getting a lot of high praise in early reviews. Also looking forward to the 5 hour 30 for 30 coming out in June on ESPN about the trial.

I also wonder which trial they will do in Season 2?

Caitlyn Jenner defended OJ?????
Despite the poor attempt at humor, the Jenner's are no longer married either...so.
for someone who knows "nothing" about the Kardashians you sure seem to know a lot!

Caitlyn Jenner defended OJ?????
Despite the poor attempt at humor, the Jenner's are no longer married either...so.
for someone who knows "nothing" about the Kardashians you sure seem to know a lot!
Yeah, no one knows that a man turned woman and his wife aren't married anymore. You caught me!

Totally in for this show. Skipped so many classes in college watching the trial.

I can never get the image out of my head of Kardashian's face when the verdict was read. The initial reaction and look of amazement and disappointment. I always wondered what was going through his head at that moment.

His widow claimed that near the end of his life (cancer - same as Johnny Cochran, not going to draw any karmic conclusions), when OJ attempted to call him, Kardashian refused the call.

"We have a whole new generation who never saw this take place and is now going to see this series and assume that everything in this series is fact," Goldman's father, Fred Goldman, said. "And that's very troubling to me."

Goldman's sister, Kim Goodman, said no one knows how much of the miniseries is fact or fiction.

"We have all the history, we have all the facts, we have all the documentaries," Goodman said on the Dr. Phil special. "Why are we doing this?"
Here is one guy that needs to #### already. Your constant kvetching about it isn't bringing your son back. If this still haunts him, he needs to get help.

Here is one guy that needs to #### already. Your constant kvetching about it isn't bringing your son back. If this still haunts him, he needs to get help.
Outside of the first year or so, I haven't heard much from the guy for 20 years. :shrug:

Lose your son to a brutal murder and watch his killer go free....then talk to me about constant kvetching.

Seriously man.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned

Wow never noticed that before. Maybe more relief than disappointment?
Maybe. Obviously, I don't know for sure, but I just never saw it that way.

wow

WTF

I still remember the day of the murder when he was driving away in the white Bronco. I was on the trading floor and we had a tv on and someone mentioned how O.J. had just killed his wife and some guy. A woman (white) then said, "well, you don't know what his wife did." Everyone in the room just looked at her in disbelief.

OTOH, Goldman winning a judgement in the civil trial may have been a key in putting financial pressure on OJ (to continue the life style he was accustomed to) that ultimately led to his conviction for armed robery/kidnapping, and as noted above, likely for the rest of his life - hard to see him getting paroled early.

Bravo.

Totally in for this show. Skipped so many classes in college watching the trial.
Our CFO would come to my office to watch the trial. I had one of those small portable TV's that time shares give you when you visit. I had it on all day, but she would come around from 11:00 and not leave until they broke for lunch in LA.

I hope you seed yourself properly next year

I doubt they would have convicted even with the shoes.

That jury had to have a patent on stupid.

I still remember the day of the murder when he was driving away in the white Bronco. I was on the trading floor and we had a tv on and someone mentioned how O.J. had just killed his wife and some guy. A woman (white) then said, "well, you don't know what his wife did." Everyone in the room just looked at her in disbelief.
The Bronco chase was amazing. I was watching the NBA Finals Game 5 on WNBC channel 4 in NY. They were never going to cut away from the hometown Knicks, but the OJ story was just so huge. So they ended up split-screening with the chase in the corner and occasionally dipping into the audio. Still can't believe it. Many other markets, NBC didn't cover the game at all, went right to the chase. A major network throwing away a sports championship game to cover something else. Crazy.
I had taken a girl out for the first time that night. Ended up at a nice local Italian place in my neighborhood. While waiting for our table, I ran into a guy I went to high school with. I introduced him to my date and we ordered a round at the bar while waiting for our table. Something OJ was on the TV, but it wasn't the Bronco chase yet, so OJ was a topic of conversation.

Once our table, which was in the farthest corner of the next room, was ready we parted ways with high school buddy and sat down.

10 minutes later, high school buddy comes flying around the corner yells across the entire dining room, 20 or so tables, all packed, 'Limp! Get in here! He's ####### running!'

The reaction of my date, as well as everyone else in the dining room still makes me laugh.

Imagine this taking place today? The internet and today's brand of TV News would dedicate probably 80% of all coverage solely to that story.

It has everything that gets clicks and ratings, murder, sex, race, celebrity.

Just really noticed that for the first time the other day. That to me is the look of a man who knows his client is guilty.

I thought this was just a TV movie not a series. I'm so in but don't think I can take watching ep by ep... so I'm gonna try to hold of and then binge it. Will prob end up watching the first couple eps and then holding off.

Anyone think O.J. didn't do the double homicide?
You mean any white people?
I'm pretty embarrassed to admit I was rooting for him to be acquitted, but I don't see how anyone can look at the evidence in the case and not think he was guilty.

I remember one of the jurors being quoted as saying, "I know he's guilty, but...." I guess if you've ever had any experience with the LAPD, especially as a minority, you know what a villain they can be, so it's easy to root against them. A lesser of two evils I guess, but that's totally despicable and he should've gone away that day.

0:23 mark of this video:https://youtu.be/rurKd569xRw
look at that ####### jerk Fred Goldman upset about the verdict. Get over yourself
Did you notice how he made his daughter bow her head so he would be in full camera view?

Users who are viewing this thread