What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A couple estate/trust planning questions regarding EIN. (1 Viewer)

jabarony

Footballguy
I'm executor of my father's estate, and he had a Trust I have to distribute. I'm attempting to make an EIN # on the irs.gov website and

it asks for "Responsible Party". It reads like it's me, but I find it a bit odd that I assumed it would be his SSN needed. In fact, his SSN is never requested...

You selected individual. Please tell us about the Responsible Party.* Required fields
Must match IRS records or this application cannot be processed.
The only punctuation and special characters allowed are hyphen (-) and ampersand (&).

Trust filing as an Estate under Sec. 645 (check if yes)

First name* Middle name/initial Last name* Suffix (Jr, Sr, etc.) Select OneDDSMDPHDJRSRIIIIIIIVVVI SSN/ITIN* - -
Later in the form, it asks for Trust information. I have the proper title and date created, but I don't have the County information it was created in. Should I just put my current County?

Thanks.

Call the bank where the trust is at and ask them to get the EIN for you. That's what PNC Bank did for me on my Mom's trust.

Users who are viewing this thread