What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Free Agency-There is NO Offseason-Post Rumors Here (2 Viewers)

McClain said on radio that he hasn't heard Texans are front runner for Miller.

Time to back off Miller and wait for something more solid then
As a Texans fan, I advise you to disregard anything out of McClain. "The General" has proven himself clueless over the years.

I immediately thought he'd be a nice option for a team with a good QB looking for a second receiver with the ability to take the top off the defense.  Tampa should be calling...  There will definitely be a market for him.  He isn't designed for teams with dink and dunk QB's.
See my post above, was hoping to see him released last year. Ginn was just OK in 2014, but looked great in 2015 mainly due to Newton. I would think of Wallace as the better WR, so if Ginn can do 739-10 with a bunch of bad drops that Wallace could do even more. That said, he doesn't seem like the guy who's going to come in humble on a prove it deal.

I immediately thought he'd be a nice option for a team with a good QB looking for a second receiver with the ability to take the top off the defense.  Tampa should be calling...  There will definitely be a market for him.  He isn't designed for teams with dink and dunk QB's.
Totally agreed with the bolded. I think Carolina is the most natural fit. They have the money and Ginn is terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marcedes Lewis was finalizing a deal yesterday. Today there's nothing. Makes me wonder what happened

As a Texans fan, I advise you to disregard anything out of McClain. "The General" has proven himself clueless over the years.
I know people say he lost his 'it factor' or scoop or whatever ya call it. IMO Aaron Wilson being around seems to have re-invigorated the guy

Meaning all he can do is run deep and catch an occasional pass. He's a WORSE version of Torrey Smith.

Totally agreed with the bolded. I think Carolina is the most natural fit. They have the money and Ginn is terrible.
I can't say anything bad about Ginn, because he did very well being their WR1 with Benjamin out, but with some of his horrific, wide open drops, he should have had 1000 yards and 15 TDs.

I know people say he lost his 'it factor' or scoop or whatever ya call it. IMO Aaron Wilson being around seems to have re-invigorated the guy
Maybe. I just can't stand him anymore. When he's a guest on local sports radio, I just change channels. I don't need to hear his hoarse B.S. I think getting in on a few of those NFL films went to his head or something.

I can't say anything bad about Ginn, because he did very well being their WR1 with Benjamin out, but with some of his horrific, wide open drops, he should have had 1000 yards and 15 TDs.
I don't disagree that Carolina is a good fit with the long ball and all but I don't think he signs there.

Their young wideouts can lead the way and Ginn can fill in. He's much more amenable to being a backup than Wallace is. Quite frankly I often dislike stuff Wallace says. I wouldn't introduce him to a nice young core.

He is not reading his own newspaper...aaron wilson of the Houston chronicle reported strong interest in Lamar Miller

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-have-strong-interest-in-Dolphins-RB-Lamar-6877319.php?cmpid=twitter-desktop
I get the cause for concern, no doubt, but just thought he seemed like his ol self last year.

2 hours ago Aaron tweeted also that they were into Chris Ivory. Also two hours ago is that Miller statement. I didn't like the convincing tone of Ivory! Miller! which is it?

Aaron is excellent I just...it was a huh? moment for me

Alshon Jeffrey signed his tender

OLB Ray re-signed (his RFA tender, I think) with 49ers

Colts re-signed Trent Cole and cut 2013 1st rounder OLB Bjoern Werner 

William Gay re-signed with Steelers

Some I missed previously

per Aaron Wilson, Schefter, and Rapoport

I don't disagree that Carolina is a good fit with the long ball and all but I don't think he signs there.

Their young wideouts can lead the way and Ginn can fill in. He's much more amenable to being a backup than Wallace is. Quite frankly I often dislike stuff Wallace says. I wouldn't introduce him to a nice young core.
I agree. I posted that I don't think he'd come in humble on a prove it type deal, so he won't fit/won't likely even been pursued. My first post was also about last off season when I didn't think Minny would take that deal (figured Dolphins would release him) and at that time we weren't a 17-2 team and Ted Ginn didn't have his best season ever. I saw Wallace as what Ginn did and maybe even better without all the bad drops.

I doubt Carolina is in a big hurry to add a bad locker room influence like Wallace.  He did prove in Miami that he can adapt and play more possession game, but he couldn't help himself from ripping Tannehill.

Mario Williams signed with Fins for 8 mil per

Buff is eating 7 mil this year due to him, against their cap, by releasing him

Bucs re-signed safety Tandy and cut LB Bruce Carter. I believe he's played MLB and OLB in NFL.

As per Scott Smith

Miami DE Cameron Wake may just have become available and not someone they intend to re-sign.

First player for me to read both Titans and Pats are interested in even though GM came from there.

I get the cause for concern, no doubt, but just thought he seemed like his ol self last year.

2 hours ago Aaron tweeted also that they were into Chris Ivory. Also two hours ago is that Miller statement. I didn't like the convincing tone of Ivory! Miller! which is it?

Aaron is excellent I just...it was a huh? moment for me
BTW, I want to thank you the updates over the last two days. It has made it easy for me to quickly get updates while at work. 

2nd what coolnerd just said. Between you and Faust, I've been able to put off signing up for twitter for another year.

Some guys on twitter are connecting dots I can't confirm like if team X needs a RB then they say they're rumored to be interested in a free agent RB. Since just after Miller this morning, I haven't been able to confirm squat. It seems like just a guess not real

Former Titan, Ram?, Lions DE William Hayes is 30 and still looking to start. Same Titan guy still tells me he's an Eagle if he accepts role.

On twitter Hayes is mentioned as being turned down by Cowboys and Giants.

I wonder if he's bitter his coach Schwartz wouldn't sign him? It's certainly 'playing with fire' leaving an Eagles chat by chatting with the Boys and Gmen.

I'm guessing a fun story will come of this

LaCanfora on CBS reports Eagles are highly motivated to trade Matthews.

Gotta be a Chief they want....gotta be something to clean house at RB like this

LaCanfora on CBS reports Eagles are highly motivated to trade Matthews.

Gotta be a Chief they want....gotta be something to clean house at RB like this
That's weird as his contract is reasonable and he was the only impressive option last year. 

That's weird as his contract is reasonable and he was the only impressive option last year. 
Like a couple of us were discussing the other day, the Chiefs are stacked at RB and they all looked great at times last year. Green Bay seems unhappy with Lacy and Starks is a free agent. Maybe Pederson has something up his sleeve. Maybe he just watched those Chiefs backs and thinks Matthews isn't as good? I don't know, totally guessing but I think it's a fair guess to say he doesn't like their backfield.

For $11.5M and with Teddy at QB I'd agree. 
Me too.  Put him on a team with a QB who can hit him deep and he'll have some worth.  

Tannehill has the arm but lacks in accuracy.  Bridgewater can't throw deep either.  Neither of these QB elevate the level of their WRs like Roeth can do.  Wallace needs to right QB and team and he could be a good fantasy WR again.

Drew Stanton got 3 mil per.

RG3 was rumored to be going there (as one of several spots) so...it's interesting they chose Stanton

If you can only perform when your QB throws a deep ball you're not much of an NFL receiver.
If your QB can throw a deep ball he can be a great asset.  Dbacks could play 10 yards off Wallace because they knew if Bridgewater threw his way deep that's where the ball would be.

You know he gets hurt. He ALWAYS gets hurt. Can't have a guy as a feature back if you know he'll be out a minimum of 4 games.

Titans signed (will sign) Texans C Ben Jones

Played LG in 2014, C in 2015.

As per Jim Mudd

PFT is reporting different Murray contract than others that cover the Titans.

They are also reporting Texans re-signed Jones while Aaron Wilson says he's a Titan

Users who are viewing this thread