What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016: Which NFL franchise is currently the most dysfunctional? (1 Viewer)

Assuming the Browns are #1 which NFL team is the next most dysfunctional?

• San Francisco 49ers

Votes: 105 36.2%
  • Washington Redskins

Votes: 12 4.1%
  • Oakland Raiders

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Detroit Lions

Votes: 42 14.5%
  • New York Jets

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 30 10.3%
  • Jacksonville Jaguars

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Chicago Bears

Votes: 16 5.5%
  • Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 11 3.8%
  • Buffalo Bills

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Indianapolis Colts

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Tennessee Titans

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Philadelphia Eagles

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Other Team

Votes: 21 7.2%

• Total voters
Cleveland in a tier by themselves, huge gap.

SF seems a clear second pick, with honorable mention to Det, Ind and Ten in no particular order.

Don't leave out Was. Al Davis taught us that a dumb/involved owner can keep a franchise down for many years.
Yea but they just won the division. Give them a year or two. They may make it back but you can't kill them now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't leave out Was. Al Davis taught us that a dumb/involved owner can keep a franchise down for many years.
It seems like they could be on the right track. Sure, Snyder is still there and could do something stupid at any moment. But they have a real GM, who has proven to be one of the better talent evaluators in McCloughan. And they appear the RG3 drama will be gone by March 9th. Plus they just won the division.

I voted for Miami after my beloved Browns were the obvious #1.

I can see how things with Kaep and RG3 got to where they are. But for pure, inexplicable players not living up to the hype, is there anyone worse than Miami?

What has Tannehill done to be worthy of his status? Mike Wallace, anyone? Lamar Miller? Jordan Cameron? That o-line? Suh? That defense?

I don't know that there is a team out there that more stubbornly remains in a state of being less than the sum of its parts than Miami. They never get the return on investment from the high dollar free agents they bring in. And when someone home grown does show promise, they find a way to ignore that and under utilize them.

It's like a girl with body image issues. No matter what the reality actually is, the brain sees something different and acts accordingly.

SF seems a clear second pick, with honorable mention to Det, Ind and Ten in no particular order.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/08/nfl-best-teams-most-wins-playoff-appearances-super-bowls-new-england-indianapolis-pittsburgh-which-nfl-team-is-best

Yeah, because having the 2nd most regular season wins in the last 10 years just SCREAMS dysfunction!! That's from 2014 and back, so factor in this season and I'm guessing they are still top 3/4. Yeah, I'll take what you call dysfunction all day long, ktx.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/08/nfl-best-teams-most-wins-playoff-appearances-super-bowls-new-england-indianapolis-pittsburgh-which-nfl-team-is-best

Yeah, because having the 2nd most regular season wins in the last 10 years just SCREAMS dysfunction!! That's from 2014 and back, so factor in this season and I'm guessing they are still top 3/4. Yeah, I'll take what you call dysfunction all day long, ktx.
Dysfunction is like reputation. You can build it for decades then wreck it all in one collossally ill-advised action. Or, in SF's case, several seasons of blunders with the promise of many more to come.

I can see a case for other contenders, but not that SF lacks dysfunction, even as I agree they wouldn't have touched this poll three years or 13 years ago.

Jets went to two AFC Championship games and then nosedived.Past performance is no indicator of future success.

I went with the Browns as #1 and SF as #2. The Browns seem to change their mind on things every half-season. The Niners just imploded- when you can't keep a proven HC and then when he goes basically half of your team quits too and then you fire the HC you replaced the proven guy with in one season... yea, you are dysfunctional.

My beloved Raiders would have been up there for years as Al withered away (even before that there are more than the occasional moves by Al that were :loco: ) but with him gone the team has cleaned up a lot. MacKenzie has done a very good job over the years of cleaning up past messes and establishing a new direction on the field. Mack, Carr and Cooper look like grand slams to make up for the miss on Hayden- so he has drafted well too. Not overly excited about the coaching staff but don't hate them either. Now, just to get them to a city where they can have a decent stadium and financial stability.

Can't believe I'm the first one in with the Cowboys. Jerry Jones is a mess. Jason Garrett looks like he's about to burst. Dez Bryant is a primadonna. Uh, Greg Hardy? The carousel of QB follies after Romo was hurt (again).

This is supposed to be "America's Team" and they're a joke.

Don't know why SF can't be number one.

They have a trust fund baby owner who fired Jim Harbaugh for Jim Tomsula, then fired Tomsula 16 games later, brings in Chip Kelly. The fan base flies banners over their brand new empty stadium demanding he steps down.

Browns are the most obvious choice in a decade for #1.

I voted Detroit as second most, but San Fran was strongly considered.

As a Raider fan it's nice to see that Raiders have zero votes for #1 or #2. In the not so distant past they would have been vying for #1 with Cleveland.

Miami has the Dolphins the greatest football team, we take the ball from goal to goal like no ones ever seen!!!

I chose the Dolphins and 49ers over the Browns for 1 main reason, the Browns have already hit rock bottom, so now I think Jackson will pull together a united front to move forward.  They'd be smart to try and follow the path the Jags are on.  Build through the draft and overhaul the team mentality.

The Dolphins have been making "interesting" offseason moves that I think ends with them blowing up like the Eagles did a couple years ago.  They probably burn everything down and start new in 2 years.

The 49ers got Chip Kelly and a GM who couldn't deal with Harbaugh.  I don't think Kelly will be much better and he definitely won't get them to 3 NFC Championships in a row.

I chose the Dolphins and 49ers over the Browns for 1 main reason, the Browns have already hit rock bottom, so now I think Jackson will pull together a united front to move forward.  They'd be smart to try and follow the path the Jags are on.  Build through the draft and overhaul the team mentality.

The Dolphins have been making "interesting" offseason moves that I think ends with them blowing up like the Eagles did a couple years ago.  They probably burn everything down and start new in 2 years.

The 49ers got Chip Kelly and a GM who couldn't deal with Harbaugh.  I don't think Kelly will be much better and he definitely won't get them to 3 NFC Championships in a row.
The Browns just created a new style of front office with all inexperienced dudes.  If there is any team who has proven for the past several years that they have not yet hit rock bottom even though everything points to that being the case, it is the Browns. 

The Browns just created a new style of front office with all inexperienced dudes.  If there is any team who has proven for the past several years that they have not yet hit rock bottom even though everything points to that being the case, it is the Browns. 
Ok, I thought they had turned a corner and at least were all on the same page which would be a huge change from the last few years.  Also, I thought Farmer was a poor evaluator of talent (He drafted Manziel in the first round...). 

But, I was wrong.  Apparently Sashi and Hue are already off to a poor start as far as agreeing on what direction to take the franchise.  They signed RG3 to appease Jackson, but the FO didn't want him.  And as far as the draft, there's reports that Jackson wants Cardale Jones in the 2nd round but Sashi and Co. want Wentz in the first.  They're already disagreeing about the direction to take at the most important position on the field.  This team is a dumpster fire.

I still think the Dolphins and 49ers fall apart after 2 seasons though.

I am from Ohio, so obviously I am surrounded my Browns fans, and their own fans are fed up.

Most dysfunctional in the NFL? Heck, more like the most dysfunctional franchise in all of sports

Brendon1215 said:
I am from Ohio, so obviously I am surrounded my Browns fans, and their own fans are fed up.

Most dysfunctional in the NFL? Heck, more like the most dysfunctional franchise in all of sports
Well, yeah, it is a runaway victory.  No other franchise in the HISTORY of sports EVER can touch this mess. 

We are the Jack Nicklaus of dysfunction...............if you get what I am saying.  Please dont make me explain it.

Well, yeah, it is a runaway victory.  No other franchise in the HISTORY of sports EVER can touch this mess. 

We are the Jack Nicklaus of dysfunction...............if you get what I am saying.  Please dont make me explain it.
Haha -- this is great. Are you from Ohio? I can't see anyone who isn't from Ohio being a Cleveland Browns fan. 

Brendon1215 said:
Haha -- this is great. Are you from Ohio? I can't see anyone who isn't from Ohio being a Cleveland Browns fan. 
Strangely, the Browns probably have the widest fan base of any NFL team, or at the worst top 3.  There are Brown's backers bars EVERYWHERE, and I mean EVERYWHERE. 

Strangely, the Browns probably have the widest fan base of any NFL team, or at the worst top 3.  There are Brown's backers bars EVERYWHERE, and I mean EVERYWHERE. 
That's crazy -- I didn't realize that. That is how it is everywhere I go with Ohio State fans. I go out of state to visit family or on vacation, and I get an incredible amount of positive attention repping my Ohio State gear (unless I am in Michigan LOL). 

Over/under for Browns win total this year is 4.5

If any of you want to fund your kid's college education, bet heavily on the under

AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I didn't see the second question until after I picked the Browns and scrolled down. It just all worked out perfect. Caught me off guard. Hilarious.

I voted Other. Cincy is actually the team I was thinking of. They have a long list (and history) of players doing stupid things. On and off the field. Maybe, it's just that the end of that playoff game is still burnt into my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread