What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade advice thread? (1 Viewer)

bigmarc27

Footballguy
Is their a designated one? If not, here goes:

Would you trade Gregory Polanco or Cespedes for Maikel Franco?

14 teams / keep 20 (forever) / 5x5 but OBP instead of BA and Saves + Holds instead of Saves

--

My OF is Springer, JD Martinez, Cespedes, Polanco, Conforto, and Deshields - start 3 and one of these would be my utility.

3b is... well... Hector Olivera or Yasmany Tomas or draft.

I would trade either in that situation. I think Cespedes is worth slightly less than the other 2, but you probably could stand to trade SB for HR by sending Polonco instead (just judging by your OF). I'd put Franco = Polonco, but in your situation that's a "yes" vote to get a 3b.

Very similar so I have to ask what are you trying to accomplish?  I might be high on Stanton and low on Cole, but it seems like a weird deal for that reason.  Slight lean to the Cole side if you want an answer anyway. Might depend on my 3b/of situation  

Very similar so I have to ask what are you trying to accomplish?  I might be high on Stanton and low on Cole, but it seems like a weird deal for that reason.  Slight lean to the Cole side if you want an answer anyway. Might depend on my 3b/of situation  

have Shaw at 3B. Hoping to sell him. a bit high. 

OF is currently Trout, Stanton, Heyward, Souza, Dickerson. 

I like to make trades :shrug:

My guess is the other guy is cutting bait on Cole, but I'd still have him as good as Salazar for now so just pick the hitter you like better.  

looks like he wants Hosmer from me as well. I have Ortiz at 1B. 

He's willing to give back any OF of Myers, Pence, Ellsbury, Gomez, Gordon. 

Hmmm

I didn't think I'd actually get a counter from the Harper owner, but I did.  

Originally, I offered Sano and Felix for Harper, which I knew would get declined.  He countered with Xander and Sale for Harper.  

My team is primed to win right now as constituted and have no backup at SS, so I'd be looking at a free agent or asking him for Cozart or Suarez.  My OF is solid - Bryant/Sano share 3b/of duties, Marte, Polanco, and Parra with Brantley on the DL and a flier on Duvall.  Staff is solid with Sale, MadBum, Felix, Rodon, and Joe Ross with four closers and Raisel on the DL.

Yahoo H2H with 6x6 categories.  Keep 10 players year to year (2016 - Cabrera, Kipnis, Xander, Sano, Bryant, Marte, Brantley, Sale, MadBum, Felix).

I'm thinking I pass but feel really crummy doing it.

Why not counter and include either Cozart or Suarez?  This deal would also allow you to keep someone like Polanco or Raisel next year whereas right now they'd get squeezed.  

Why not counter and include either Cozart or Suarez?  This deal would also allow you to keep someone like Polanco or Raisel next year whereas right now they'd get squeezed.  
I'm trying to get convinced here.  I just really like my team setup.  Tell me I'm nuts.  

Sano and Bryant have to keep 3b/of next year or that will cause more issues.  Feels like while I'm getting the best player no doubt, I might be putting myself in a situation to have to make another trade (or 2) where I might not get full value on a hitter I'd have to sell.  I have DeLeon and Snell on the farm too.

Am I going to totally turn him off if I offer Felix and Xander or Sale and Sano?  Sometimes you can't get back to the deal that's in front of you...

I'm trying to get convinced here.  I just really like my team setup.  Tell me I'm nuts.  

Sano and Bryant have to keep 3b/of next year or that will cause more issues.  Feels like while I'm getting the best player no doubt, I might be putting myself in a situation to have to make another trade (or 2) where I might not get full value on a hitter I'd have to sell.  I have DeLeon and Snell on the farm too.

Am I going to totally turn him off if I offer Felix and Xander or Sale and Sano?  Sometimes you can't get back to the deal that's in front of you...
The first option probably depends on the other owner's attentiveness.  Felix obviously still carries name value, but the raw numbers are trending in the wrong direction.

What do we think is a fair return for Lindor by way of SP/RP and do you think it's OK to go forward with Cozart/Tulo as your starting SS/MI (12 team league)

What do we think is a fair return for Lindor by way of SP/RP and do you think it's OK to go forward with Cozart/Tulo as your starting SS/MI (12 team league)
I am starting Cozart in a 12 team OBP and I just traded for Jhonny Peralta.  Put it that way.

Lindor probably should fetch at least a #2 fantasy starter. 

Is Samardzja a sell high? He's been mowing down bad lineups, and I need a power bat. Wondering if we believe in him or if the time is right to flip him...

5 x 5 roto league im hurting pretty bad in hitting categories hr,rbi ,r ,avg. I have jansen , kimbrell ,krod , cingari for saves. Would you trade david price and kimbrell for josh donaldson and jeffries?.  I would definitely take a hit in pitching but have darvish and ryu coming off dl soon. 

Is Samardzja a sell high? He's been mowing down bad lineups, and I need a power bat. Wondering if we believe in him or if the time is right to flip him...
I think it's real, but if you need offense I'll never be against dealing a hot SP for a bat

I traded Velasquez in NewZa this morning.  Let's say it's worst case and he blew his elbow out.  Tough #### for the other guy, or should I be obligated to reverse the trade?

####### Stanton is killing me. Didn't want to even draft him, but couldn't pass him up when I got him.

How low is this selling him?

Stanton, Hosmer, Salazar

for

Bogaerts, Ellsbury,DeGrom

####### Stanton is killing me. Didn't want to even draft him, but couldn't pass him up when I got him.

How low is this selling him?

Stanton, Hosmer, Salazar

for

Bogaerts, Ellsbury,DeGrom
that seems pretty low.  you should get way more than that, especially considering Hosmer has been the top fantasy 1B so far this year.  

In our league, Ortiz in the top 1B, and he is also on my team. But yea, I agree.

But I am rocking Tim Anderson at SS, and my OF is pretty good with Trout/Duvall/Peralta.

Just dont know what the #### to do with Stanton

You realize AAA players don't accrue stats in this leeg, right?
says the guy with a DL'd player on his ACTIVE roster  :o

PS - might be time for some new material, half the teams in the leeg currently have AAA players on their roster... of course, most are smart enough to keep them on the reserve roster.

says the guy with a DL'd player on his ACTIVE roster  :o

PS - might be time for some new material, half the teams in the leeg currently have AAA players on their roster... of course, most are smart enough to keep them on the reserve roster.
first of all, @Fat Drunk and Stupid handles the team's day to day operations.  please send all personnel inquiries to him directly. 

second, Choo has a good chance of playing today.  might want to keep up with this stuff, bueller.

first of all, @Fat Drunk and Stupid handles the team's day to day operations.  please send all personnel inquiries to him directly. 

second, Choo has a good chance of playing today.  might want to keep up with this stuff, bueller.
so you're taking credit for drafting the ****ty team that spent the first month in the basement and giving FDAS the credit for rebuilding it into a contender by working the daily wire, got it.  :thumbup:

so you're taking credit for drafting the ****ty team that spent the first month in the basement and giving FDAS the credit for rebuilding it into a contender by working the daily wire, got it.  :thumbup:

He's getting full time ABs for the first time this year, so it's easy to see how you overlooked him. Love this factoid though: among hitters with at least 500 PA since 2014, Turner has the 11th best wRC+ (runs created basically), just behind Anthony Rizzo and ahead of Jose Abreu and Josh Donaldson. He's a solid 5 category contributor with mediocre power and speed. To put it in perspective for you, he's Eric Hosmer, only 98 picks later and with 3B eligibility.
woof!  how's that turner = hosmer call working out for ya?  plenty of players we drafted still in the everyday mix.  fall back youngin

i have a 2.5 and 4.5 year old who are in the backyard arguing over who gets to use the toy tractor they have. Sounds eerily similar to you two dolts

League Info:

• H2H points league
  • Dynasty (keep 15 players year to year)
  • Can only extend a contract one time for up to 3 yrs

Pulled the trigger on the following trade:

Gave up:

• Harper (cannot keep beyond 2017) - total pts scored (311 pts)
  • Gio Gonzalez (can't keep beyond this year) - total pts scored (204)
  • Trevor Bauer (keep through 2017 w/possible 3 yr extension to 2020) - total pts scored (270)

Received:

• Kershaw (can't keep beyond this year) - 550 pts scored
  • Fernandez (can't keep beyond this year) - 505 pts scored
  • Braun (can't keep beyond this year) - 228 pts scored

I am not sure why the guy offered it up but I was happy to accept.

League Info:

• H2H points league
  • Dynasty (keep 15 players year to year)
  • Can only extend a contract one time for up to 3 yrs

Pulled the trigger on the following trade:

Gave up:

• Harper (cannot keep beyond 2017) - total pts scored (311 pts)
  • Gio Gonzalez (can't keep beyond this year) - total pts scored (204)
  • Trevor Bauer (keep through 2017 w/possible 3 yr extension to 2020) - total pts scored (270)

Received:

• Kershaw (can't keep beyond this year) - 550 pts scored
  • Fernandez (can't keep beyond this year) - 505 pts scored
  • Braun (can't keep beyond this year) - 228 pts scored

I am not sure why the guy offered it up but I was happy to accept.
Is he out of the race this year?  He probably wanted to get Harper for next year 

Is he out of the race this year?  He probably wanted to get Harper for next year 
We play an interesting format where we play "pods" that are 5 weeks long.  Each pod is considered it's own season so you essentially start over every 5 weeks with a fresh slate.  We have an upper division and lower division.  After each pod the bottom three teams from the top division get relegated to the bottom division and the top three from the bottom move up to the top.  There is a payout for winning each division each pod.  The final pod (last 5 weeks of the season) are the playoffs where everyone gets a seed based on the number of times you were in the top division for the year.  it is a really awesome set up so you are never really out of it because everything starts over every 5 weeks. 

He had the thought he was out of it because he has a ton of injuries and at the moment he still had a chance to finish in the top 4 seeds (and get a first round bye for the playoffs).  Now that is probably not going to happen.  It was a move for the future but he still only gets Harper for one year (he will have to go back into the auction after 2017).  Plus hitters are not difference makers in this points set up.  High strikeout pitchers that get quality starts really put up the points.  Pitching also has a high variance in that if you have a bad outing you can go pretty heavy into the negative for the week.

Any idea where to go to get projected dollar values for the second half?

I'm likely to be in sell mode over the next couple of weeks. Already have an offer for Carrasco (E. Santana plus a swap of picks -- I get a 3rd, he gets a 12, but it's a keep-3 league). I also want to make sure I set the right price early if/when I decided to sell off some of my other pitching -- Lester, Samardzija, Maeda.

Also, wondering if it's worthwhile to shop one of my three keepers -- Correa, Bryant or (unlikely) Harper -- with Bregman also sitting in my pocket as an option for next year.

Edit to add: Yahoo! 6x6, 10-team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea where to go to get projected dollar values for the second half?

I'm likely to be in sell mode over the next couple of weeks. Already have an offer for Carrasco (E. Santana plus a swap of picks -- I get a 3rd, he gets a 12, but it's a keep-3 league). I also want to make sure I set the right price early if/when I decided to sell off some of my other pitching -- Lester, Samardzija, Maeda.

Also, wondering if it's worthwhile to shop one of my three keepers -- Correa, Bryant or (unlikely) Harper -- with Bregman also sitting in my pocket as an option for next year.

Edit to add: Yahoo! 6x6, 10-team.
The way I look at it is if you're out of contention, get everything you can for guys you aren't keeping. Carracci for a 3 in a shallow league seems like a no brainer but I might negotiate that pick you are giving back some. 

Trade Bregman immediately in that kind of league. Guys like that get owners really excited around call-up time in a keeper and he has about 1% chance of being keeper relevant in that format.  

Users who are viewing this thread