What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​ 🏛️ ​Official Supreme Court nomination thread - Amy Coney Barrett (4 Viewers)

Bill Clinton lost lost license to practice law for perjury.  If Kavanaugh committed perjury so should he. 
So, let's say BK is confirmed for SCOTUS, but the ABA yanks his law license at a later date.  Is one contingent on the other?  I don't think so, but you're the law guy.

So that is what this is all about.

Not whether or not a man was falsely accused of sexual assault or guilty of sexual assault.

It is about how many beers he drank on a specific day during summer vacation in high school and what slang terms in a yearbook meant.
If a man wants to be a Supreme Court Justice, do you think he should be disqualified if he lies, under oath, during his confirmation hearings?

its an easy yes-or-no question. Will you answer?

Kavanaugh is a potential killer. 
Democrats have gotten themselves into a no lose situation.  They've executed the timing of this perfectly.  November should be good for them no matter what.  And, on top of that, it's a financial bonanza. Heck, even Pelosi is sending out fundraising emails off of this.  (which is funny, seeing as she has nothing to do with this).  Not as brazen as Hirono sending fundraising emails right when the hearings started, though - nice, callous usage of Ford, there.

Last edited by a moderator:
NFL2DF said:
So that is what this is all about.

Not whether or not a man was falsely accused of sexual assault or guilty of sexual assault.

It is about how many beers he drank on a specific day during summer vacation in high school and what slang terms in a yearbook meant.
Wow.  I’m starting to think you actually don’t get it.  Thought you were fishing. 

Hint: no one cares whether he drank to excess a bunch in high school and college.  Lots of people do that.  

America is so screwed. 

bradyfan said:
Yeah, they would be “massively impressed” by her.
You seem very upset that I think an academic accomplishment in her high school years was impressive. I’m sorry it bothers you. 

Grassley hasn't issued a similar letter regarding Ford, Ramirez, or Swetnick.  Does that mean that they aren't lying?
The boat guy recanted, so he is dead in the water

the others, you would need strong evidence that they lied...I suspect that somebody other than boat guy will be indicted after midterms...

Donald J. Trump’s Tweets

·

57m

NBC News incorrectly reported (as usual) that I was limiting the FBI investigation of Judge Kavanaugh, and witnesses, only to certain people. Actually, I want them to interview whoever they deem appropriate, at their discretion. Please correct your reporting!

Sweet J said:
If a man wants to be a Supreme Court Justice, do you think he should be disqualified if he lies, under oath, during his confirmation hearings?

its an easy yes-or-no question. Will you answer?
No it's a little game the trolls, who are apparently back from suspension en masse, play.  Go away and avoid the question and act like you never saw it.  A lot more subtle than claiming they have a life and don't have time to answer. 

Donald J. Trump’s Tweets

·

57m

NBC News incorrectly reported (as usual) that I was limiting the FBI investigation of Judge Kavanaugh, and witnesses, only to certain people. Actually, I want them to interview whoever they deem appropriate, at their discretion. Please correct your reporting!
Either: 

1. He’s lying

2. Aerial Assault is correct and he can’t limit them; so he’s covering himself. 

3. He changed his mind under presssure. 

Wow.  I’m starting to think you actually don’t get it.  Thought you were fishing. 

Hint: no one cares whether he drank to excess a bunch in high school and college.  Lots of people do that.  

America is so screwed. 
So what exactly do you think he was lying about?

The number of beers he drank on Thirsty Thurday at Squee's house?

The slang term for farting?

The name of a drinking game?

Grinding on Ford?

Something else?

I keep seeing "if he lied under oath then he is unfit".

What specifically do you think he was lying about?

And how do you think the FBI is going to verify that 30 years later?

If a witness appears that disputes Kavanaugh, with nothing more than he said he/she said, is that enough proof for you that he was lying?

If a witness appears that disputes Ford, with nothing more than she said he/she said, is that enough proof for you that she is lying?

timschochet said:
Something happened. You can’t listen to Ford and think that this is pure fantasy. Not possible. 
Oh...it's possible...VERY possible.

Look...I don't know how far your bubble extends but if you think, for one second, that a woman couldn't possible give a tear-jerking, emotional testimony about something that didn't happen....you are either blind...naive...totally biased....or all three.

You are taking this woman at her word and you have never even met her or knew that she even existed until Feinstein decided that you should.

Tim I have bad news.  This is just a delay.  He’s almost certainly going to be confirmed. 

Much like sexual assault isn’t about sex, this process isn’t about truth and justice.  They’re both about power.
Other than Ford confessing on live TV that she made it all up is there anything that could possibly convince you that Kavanaugh did not grind on her?

Based on the evidence at hand do you think any prosecutor in America would take on her case and try Kavanaugh in a court room (assuming SOL were of no bearing)?

Tim I have bad news.  This is just a delay.  He’s almost certainly going to be confirmed. 

Much like sexual assault isn’t about sex, this process isn’t about truth and justice.  They’re both about power.
Well I already wrote that. But I hope we’re wrong. I was wrong about Flake. I won’t give up until it actually happens. 

Many women line up in support of Kavanaugh (AP article)

If the goal of this political attack was to sway women voters it may not turn out the way the Dems hoped.

“It was too timely and strategic,” said King, 21. “Anything like that makes you question how true it is.”
“Possibly something happened to her,” Round said. “But I think she embellished what happened, or she would have gone to some authority or said something about it years ago.”
“I’m very empathetic to women who’ve been through this type of situation,” said Mace, 40. “But on the other side, we have laws in this country that protect individuals from being wrongfully accused.”
“If you’re going to use sexual assault to slow somebody down, it had better be the truth,” Scott said. “Even if Brett Kavanaugh is innocent, he is still going to live with this the rest of his life.”
Mace said that she viewed the testimony as an “at all costs” effort by Democrats to win back control in Congress and possibly hold the seat open until a future Democratic president can fill it.

“Ford is political collateral, and they do not care,” Mace said.
Round, of Vermont, said she feels the whole episode could end up hurting Democrats more than helping them in this fall’s elections, just more than a month away.

“I am digging my heels in, and I’m hoping that a lot of conservatives are determined to vote Republican,” Round said. “I think it’s galvanized the women on the right more than it’s galvanized the women on the left.”

Other than Ford confessing on live TV that she made it all up is there anything that could possibly convince you that Kavanaugh did not grind on her?

Based on the evidence at hand do you think any prosecutor in America would take on her case and try Kavanaugh in a court room (assuming SOL were of no bearing)?
I’m less concerned about grinding on her than I am about holding her mouth closed and trying to tear her clothes off. 

Many women line up in support of Kavanaugh (AP article)

If the goal of this political attack was to sway women voters it may not turn out the way the Dems hoped.
I don’t know what the goal of various politicians was.  I think Dr. Ford’s was to keep the man who pinned her down and tried to tear her clothes off from making generation-defining decisions about what women are allowed to do with their bodies. 

I don’t think many are saying that based on the available evidence he should be thrown in Angola.  Just that he shouldn’t sit on the Supreme Court.  If nothing else his Clinton rant, crying and yelling, and general demeanor during a hearing he asked for should have made that clear.  If they didn’t, I don’t think we agree on what kind of Justice should sit on the Supreme Court. 

As a liberal the whole thing is if we are going to have a conservative justice can they not be a slime ball.  This in the era of the liberals winning the poplular vote.

We just ask not a slime ball.

Why gorsuch went through so easily and Kav has not.

I’m less concerned about grinding on her than I am about holding her mouth closed and trying to tear her clothes off. 
Other than Ford confessing on live TV that she made it all up is there anything that could possibly convince you that Kavanaugh did not grind on her or hold her mouth closed?

Feel free to deflect.

I don’t think many are saying that based on the available evidence he should be thrown in Angola.  Just that he shouldn’t sit on the Supreme Court.  If nothing else his Clinton rant, crying and yelling, and general demeanor during a hearing he asked for should have made that clear.  If they didn’t, I don’t think we agree on what kind of Justice should sit on the Supreme Court. 
Yep

Getting the right justices, with the right demeanor, is even more important than getting a president with the right character.

Ahh, so you are not concerned with facts, just opinions.

Surprised to hear that from a lawyer.

How would you expect someone falsely accused of sexual assault in an attempt to ruin his life for political purposes to react?

Sit there and take it on the chin?

It would be interesting to see actual results instead of just individual opinions. 

I'm sure you know this, but many women are harsher on other women in these situations than men. 
Yes. Women do have an eye for when other women are full of ####.

Grassley calls out Bernie

Thank you for your letter today. As you know, on July 10, 2018, you stated, “[W]e must mobilize the American people to defeat” Judge Kavanaugh. This happened less than 24 hours after Judge Kavanaugh’s nomination was announced. As you also know, all Senators have had access to 307 judicial opinions Judge Kavanaugh wrote over his 12 years on the bench, over 500,000 pages of documents, over 40 hours of live testimony, and move answers to written questions than every prior Supreme Court nominee combined. Nevertheless, you made your decision on this nomination in less than 24 hours.
Your public statements clearly reveal how unimportant it is to you to review any facts related to this  nomination. So you can imagine my surprise at receiving your letter regarding the supplemental FBI background investigation. This supplemental FBI background investigation was requested by undecided members of both parties. Am I to take from your letter that you are now undecided and seriously willing to engage with the Senate’s advice-and-consent constitutional duties related to the nomination of Judge Kavanaugh to serve as an Associate Justice on the Supreme Court of the United States? If so, we should have a conversation about what information you need to assist you in making your decision, and I look forward to that conversation.

It is a beautiful thing to see Republicans finally having the courage to stand up to the political dirty tricks of the Dems.

Other than Ford confessing on live TV that she made it all up is there anything that could possibly convince you that Kavanaugh did not grind on her or hold her mouth closed?

Feel free to deflect.
Then they will just deflect to how many beers he drank in HS or something about Renate that they can never prove but swear is perjury so they have something to cry foul about.  

Users who are viewing this thread