What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​ 🏛️ ​Official Supreme Court nomination thread - Amy Coney Barrett (8 Viewers)

That’s a really obscure way of wishing someone dead. 
Really Henry?  Always assuming the worst of people?   I was referring to this.  

BTW, I had no idea he was dead.  That sucks - he was an awesome actor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting to see people defend feinstein when she was the first one that said the allegations were too old to do anything with them.
Not sure why she is getting flak (if she is).  She didn't have much choice with an anonymous letter.  She's about the best the Senate has on the Democratic side and a lot of weight should be placed in what she says.

Not sure why she is getting flak (if she is).  She didn't have much choice with an anonymous letter.  She's about the best the Senate has on the Democratic side and a lot of weight should be placed in what she says.
So wait.... I may be misunderstanding what happened here. I thought feinstein redacted the letter, not that she received a redacted letter. 

Regarding the timing of the leak: Perhaps Dems assumed Kavanaugh would be disqualified by purjuring himself or by the "paper trail" McConnell was so concerned about, but once it looked like his confirmation was full steam ahead, they brought out this accusation they were hoping to sit on... for the sake of the accuser and their credibility (considering how old it is). 

Regarding the timing of the leak: Perhaps Dems assumed Kavanaugh would be disqualified by purjuring himself or by the "paper trail" McConnell was so concerned about, but once it looked like his confirmation was full steam ahead, they brought out this accusation they were hoping to sit on... for the sake of the accuser and their credibility (considering how old it is). 
I'll give $50 for everyone on my ignore list that agrees with this.

Henry Ford said:
Sigh.  I had a side business doing jury consulting.  I’m considered one of the top in my field in my area.  Only dropping it because I start my own law firm in January. 
Good luck Henry!

Most of the focus now is on the accusation of attempted rape. Before that, there was some discussion about Kavanaugh’s receipt of stolen documents, and about his apparently false testimony in previous hearings.

But there’s a very simple and alarming oddity that I haven’t seen people give much attention to.

When Kavanaugh was nominated, he gave a speech saying that never before has a President conducted such a competent, thorough search for a Supreme Court nominee.

It’s weird because it’s self-serving, but it’s alarming because it’s obviously ridiculous. Either Kavanaugh actually believes what he said, which makes him too stupid for a job on the bench, or he’s willing to spread an obvious falsehood in order to ingratiate himself with the President. The latter possibility is disqualifying. It speaks to his lack of concern for the truth, and to his willingness to put politics ahead of integrity. Both are exactly what we should seek to avoid in a judge.

Most of the focus now is on the accusation of attempted rape. Before that, there was some discussion about Kavanaugh’s receipt of stolen documents, and about his apparently false testimony in previous hearings.

But there’s a very simple and alarming oddity that I haven’t seen people give much attention to.

When Kavanaugh was nominated, he gave a speech saying that never before has a President conducted such a competent, thorough search for a Supreme Court nominee.

It’s weird because it’s self-serving, but it’s alarming because it’s obviously ridiculous. Either Kavanaugh actually believes what he said, which makes him too stupid for a job on the bench, or he’s willing to spread an obvious falsehood in order to ingratiate himself with the President. The latter possibility is disqualifying. It speaks to his lack of concern for the truth, and to his willingness to put politics ahead of integrity. Both are exactly what we should seek to avoid in a judge.
You listen to Pod Save America, huh? 

The White House knew who Ford was before the article revealing her name came out. So did Ed Whelan, author of the "mistaken identity" twitter thread naming another person as he assailant.

Whelan has been involved in helping to advise Kavanaugh’s confirmation effort and is close friends with Kavanaugh and Leonard Leo, the head of the Federalist Society, who has been helping to spearhead the nomination.

On Sunday, Ford noticed that — even before her name became public — Whelan appeared to be seeking information about her.

That morning, Ford alerted an associate via email that Whelan had looked at her LinkedIn page, according to the email, which was reviewed by The Post. LinkedIn allows some subscribers to see who views their pages. Ford sent the email about 90 minutes after The Post shared her name with a White House spokesman and hours before her identity was revealed in a story posted on its website.
edit to add link

You listen to Pod Save America, huh? 
Usually, but I don’t remember a discussion along those lines. I just saw the clip of that part of Kavanaugh’s speech on Twitter. It seems even weirder now than it did originally.

Usually, but I don’t remember a discussion along those lines. I just saw the clip of that part of Kavanaugh’s speech on Twitter. It seems even weirder now than it did originally.
I don't know how this I missed this clip nor why it is not a bigger deal.  The fear with kav is that he is in Trump's pocket regarding the mueller investigation.  In the clip Kav is acting like Trumps lackey.  Also the self-aggrandizing is scary.  

The fact that her party affiliation is the primary thing informing your view on her credibility is evidence of how extreme your own partisanship is.  

At least you own it. 
wrong.  I said it would be more believable than it is.   I also conveyed my reservations with other reasons but feel free to chirp on.

The White House knew who Ford was before the article revealing her name came out. So did Ed Whelan, author of the "mistaken identity" twitter thread naming another person as he assailant.

edit to add link
What are the possible explanations for this?

1 - the letter was leaked.

2 - Kavanaugh knew the identity of the accuser

3 - ?

You think no one wants a link to that?
It’s deep, and I don’t think it’s playable.  

With that homer and two men on, the Astros now lead 7-2 in the bottom of the 8th.

We saw Billy Wagner stretching out in the bullpen, but now he’s being told to sit down.  Looks like they’re going to save him for tomorrow night if he’s needed.

And this makes no sense to me either.  If I were traumatized by something, it's almost a guarantee that my ideals would be as polar opposite of that thing that traumatized me in the first place.  I have seen people on facebook post her picture with "Not My President" signs as if it's a sign that the fix was in and I am sitting here like WTF do you expect people?  Seriously?  What do you expect?  Because I expect her to be adamantly opposed to ANYTHING that resembles that something that remotely supports that thing that traumatized her.  I'd expect her to be hypersensitive to the objectifying of women, the documented attitude of Trump towards women.  I'd expect her to be part of a movement fighting against that sort of misogyny and sexism.

Not singling you out irish, but have you thought about it from that perspective?  Has anyone else or am I the only one?
i agree with everything you posted.  I'm just mentioning the  thought that she was not groped & is doing this for political reasons.  I don't know either way but it would have been more believable if she was not aligned with the hard left.  I'm sure this will come out & we will see.

My stance is not hard in the sand.  appears most on here are.  good luck with that.

i agree with everything you posted.  I'm just mentioning the  thought that she was not groped & is doing this for political reasons.  I don't know either way but it would have been more believable if she was not aligned with the hard left.  I'm sure this will come out & we will see.

My stance is not hard in the sand.  appears most on here are.  good luck with that.
How is this "hard left"???

Adam Best‏Verified account @adamcbest 1h1 hour ago

More

Kavanaugh wanted to block a 17-year-old girl from having an abortion, which would’ve affected her for the rest of her life. Yet conservatives don’t want to hold Kavanaugh to his own standard, arguing choices he made when he was 17 shouldn’t affect him for life. Seems unfair.

More

Kavanaugh wanted to block a 17-year-old girl from having an abortion, which would’ve affected her for the rest of her life. Yet conservatives don’t want to hold Kavanaugh to his own standard, arguing choices he made when he was 17 shouldn’t affect him for life. Seems unfair.
That's a terrible comparison.

Minnesota state Rep. Jim Knoblach abruptly ended his re-election campaign Friday amid allegations of inappropriate touching from his adult daughter.

Knoblach's 23-year-old daughter, Laura, told MPR that he inappropriately touched her for most of her life, with her first memories starting when she was 9 years old and continuing until she was 21.

Any one have a problem that it took her 14 years to say something?  And even then she never went to the police? This wasnt some social setting, this was her father.

More

wow

This is just my POV. I realize there are people on both sides (bofe, yes), but Ford needs to go to the limit. Take their terms, step up, hit the home run. Nail it. She has been waiting her whole life for this. Now is the time.

This is just my POV. I realize there are people on both sides (bofe, yes), but Ford needs to go to the limit. Take their terms, step up, hit the home run. Nail it. She has been waiting her whole life for this. Now is the time.
I know what you're saying but man, that's some pressure being put on her. Last week she was just somebodies mom, now she's about to jump into a Lions Den with billions of eyes on her and ears on every word she says and how she says it...

I cant even imagine.

Minnesota state Rep. Jim Knoblach abruptly ended his re-election campaign Friday amid allegations of inappropriate touching from his adult daughter.

Knoblach's 23-year-old daughter, Laura, told MPR that he inappropriately touched her for most of her life, with her first memories starting when she was 9 years old and continuing until she was 21.

Any one have a problem that it took her 14 years to say something?  And even then she never went to the police? This wasnt some social setting, this was her father.
"she confided in close friends, family and authority figures at her school and church about his actions for more than a decade", and nobody did anything

There is your answer.

Try not to be a pig about a woman's "timing" or if she just stays quiet. Let alone a child.

I know what you're saying but man, that's some pressure being put on her. Last week she was just somebodies mom, now she's about to jump into a Lions Den with billions of eyes on her and ears on every word she says and how she says it...

I cant even imagine.
And knowing more likely than not she will tell her story, it will fall on deaf ears, and the Senate will confirm Kavanaugh anyway.  It’s a wonder women come forward at all.

Users who are viewing this thread