What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​ 🏛️ ​Official Supreme Court nomination thread - Amy Coney Barrett (4 Viewers)

Does anyone have the exact question asked of him and his exact answer? I think we've seen enough of this circus that I'd like to think we are at least all on the same page as far as making sure that the question asked of him and his answer were referring to the same thing as this email from him.
Nothing in the email shows he knew that the NSA warrantless surveillance program was already in existence.

I imagine he will be asked to clarify the nature of the conversation now that it has been released though.

Better than where we're at now with only one side doing it?

Sorry  but you don't get to shove the board game off the table, storm out of the kitchen, burn the house to the ground, and then pull out the instructions and insist that we abide by all the rules. You burned it down, you get to wallow here in the resulting chaos with the rest of us.
I didn't (nor did the GOP/conservative) behave in any way when Obama was elected and sitting for 8 years like the DNC/left has behaved and acted in less than 2 years

its pure lunacy to say anything else - the left feeds off the hate and fear and the use those feelings and emotions to create mass chaos and in that, they hope their demands are met for how they see things need to go

there is no tolerance for any other views but liberal - and if that means sanctuary cities, thwarting ICE, rioting college campuses so conservatives can't speak, calling for assassintions/bombings and harassment of the other side ? So be it. If it means drudging up decades old comments or affairs, if it means op-ed stories to the world aout inside Trump administration, if it means talking and releasing confidential things .... do it ...do it all, break every laws and ethic and moral as long as the left gets their way

that's not the right burning anything down - that's all the left

Democrats have to start bracing for the point when the GOP starts attacking hard - legally and illegally. The left cannot continue to break laws and bully and hate and create chaos ...eventually there will be equal or more retaliation

Just seems to me everything has been thrown out the window with the chaotic hearings, the scheduled protesting, the interruptions, the arrests, this Booker deal, the release of op-ed yesterday .........

what's next? a force removal of Trump by a military faction ? civil war ?
"brace for when the GOP starts attacking hard, legally and illegally?"

:lmao:

Wow, impeach a president and impeach a Supreme Court Justice. What are the odds on those? Fracking shame the Republican Party turned into. AND, Republicans are okay with it. 
Only in your dreams is anyone going to get impeached.

Anxiously await to see him sitting on the bench. 

I didn't (nor did the GOP/conservative) behave in any way when Obama was elected and sitting for 8 years like the DNC/left has behaved and acted in less than 2 years

its pure lunacy to say anything else - the left feeds off the hate and fear and the use those feelings and emotions to create mass chaos and in that, they hope their demands are met for how they see things need to go

there is no tolerance for any other views but liberal - and if that means sanctuary cities, thwarting ICE, rioting college campuses so conservatives can't speak, calling for assassintions/bombings and harassment of the other side ? So be it. If it means drudging up decades old comments or affairs, if it means op-ed stories to the world aout inside Trump administration, if it means talking and releasing confidential things .... do it ...do it all, break every laws and ethic and moral as long as the left gets their way

This is a whole lot of hilarious nonsense and I appreciate the laugh. But also .... Merrick Garland. 

Democrats have to start bracing for the point when the GOP starts attacking hard - legally and illegally. The left cannot continue to break laws and bully and hate and create chaos ...eventually there will be equal or more retaliation
You mean like stealing a Supreme Court seat?

My response it the same as Booker's:  Bring it. 

Nothing in the email shows he knew that the NSA warrantless surveillance program was already in existence.

I imagine he will be asked to clarify the nature of the conversation now that it has been released though.
He was asked if he had learned about it before he read about it in the NYT.

The email clearly states that he knew about because he asked questions regarding the 4th amendment and the program

Do you know who John Yoo is?

Henry Ford said:
That's from this hearing set.

This is from 2006:
Ok, and the released email is Kavanaugh referring to a different program than the Terrorist Surveillance Program, no?

Which is why in his hearing, Kavanaugh specifically says that there were multiple programs and tries to clarify with Leahy whether he's specifically referring to TPS.

Or am I missing something?

TobiasFunke said:
This is a whole lot of hilarious nonsense and I appreciate the laugh. But also .... Merrick Garland. 
all of that and far more is true and now this Booker fiasco ........... what an embarrassment for the left

first it looked like Booker was Spartacus LOL and the left were all like "hell yeah, lets break laws and breach codes for the good of the people !!"

and now, its like ... uh ... there was no breach, now, it just looks like you lied and tried to create chaos and unrest for nothing but to cause disruption

what a ####### week huh?

Ok, and the released email is Kavanaugh referring to a different program than the Terrorist Surveillance Program, no?

Which is why in his hearing, Kavanaugh specifically says that there were multiple programs and tries to clarify with Leahy whether he's specifically referring to TPS.

Or am I missing something?
Seems to be referring to the exact same program. 

all of that and far more is true and now this Booker fiasco ........... what an embarrassment for the left

first it looked like Booker was Spartacus LOL and the left were all like "hell yeah, lets break laws and breach codes for the good of the people !!"

and now, its like ... uh ... there was no breach, now, it just looks like you lied and tried to create chaos and unrest for nothing but to cause disruption

what a ####### week huh?
Mark it zero, Smokey.  League game.

Stealthycat said:

You can’t possibly believe this nonsense. The republicans invented tre hate and fear tactic. I can’t eait until this bull#### is over. 

wow ya'll really are brainwashed by CNN aren't you ?

I mean I've heard the stories, but seeing it .... its still fascinating to see

@Henry Ford  I have been watching the confirmation and find it fascinating.  I was wondering what your opinion of him as a judge is and do you believe he would make a good justice.

I'm not sure I quite follow that.  Unless someone who understands this better can explain it to me, I'm not sure we have a clear "He lied in 2006" declaration here. 
The NSA warrantless wiretapping program was random/constant surveillance of phone and email conversations of non-citizens who were in the United States where the purpose of the surveillance was to prevent terrorist/criminal violence.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dma7OCqXcAAGOHM.jpg:large

@Henry Ford  I have been watching the confirmation and find it fascinating.  I was wondering what your opinion of him as a judge is and do you believe he would make a good justice.
I don't always agree with his views but I think he is a thoughtful, well-written, and well-researched judge who does a good job.

I also believe that he intentionally stated falsehoods to Congress during a confirmation hearing and should be removed from the bench.

I don't always agree with his views but I think he is a thoughtful, well-written, and well-researched judge who does a good job.

I also believe that he intentionally stated falsehoods to Congress during a confirmation hearing and should be removed from the bench.
Thanks.

dawgtrails said:
He was asked if he had learned about it before he read about it in the NYT.

The email clearly states that he knew about because he asked questions regarding the 4th amendment and the program
He asked a question about non-citizen communication surveillance and the 4A.  That doesn’t mean he knew there was an NSA domestic warrantless wiretap program in existence.

He may have known, he may not have.  I expect it will be cleared up shortly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to be referring to the exact same program. 
How so? The released email doesn't reference any specific program at all. It seems to me to be a question about the constitutionality of the general idea of warrantless surveillance involving non-citizens. From the date of the email (less than a week after 9-11), it seems more like a precursor email discussing whether the entire concept is constitutional or not rather than discussion of a specific program.

He asked a question about non-citizen communication surveillance and the 4A.  That doesn’t mean he knew there was an NSA domestic warrantless wiretap Program in existence.

Did you read the email?

He asked a question about non-citizen communication surveillance and the 4A.  That doesn’t mean he knew there was an NSA domestic warrantless wiretap program in existence.

He sent an email to John Yoo on September 17, 2001 asking if Yoo had put together any results yet on the question.

On October 23, 2001, John Yoo authored the memorandum that was the basis for authorization of the program.

The argument I’m hearing from progressives (mostly on the radio) is that he’s a partisan hack, more interested in pursuing whatever agenda is favorable to conservatism than he is in interpreting the law and Constitution with an attempt at impartiality. 

If this were true I would be more concerned. But as I listen to him I’m not convinced that it’s true. 

TobiasFunke said:
Better than where we're at now with only one side doing it?

Sorry  but you don't get to shove the board game off the table, storm out of the kitchen, burn the house to the ground, and then pull out the instructions and insist that we abide by all the rules. You burned it down, you get to wallow here in the resulting chaos with the rest of us.
Show us where the game rules say you can't burn the house to the ground.  :own3d:  

Sure, people email the creators of programs all the time discussing the exact parameters of that program that was created without knowing that the program exists.   :rolleyes:

He sent an email to John Yoo on September 17, 2001 asking if Yoo had put together any results yet on the question.

On October 23, 2001, John Yoo authored the memorandum that was the basis for authorization of the program.
And?  At that point the program was a hypothetical.

The argument I’m hearing from progressives (mostly on the radio) is that he’s a partisan hack, more interested in pursuing whatever agenda is favorable to conservatism than he is in interpreting the law and Constitution with an attempt at impartiality. 

If this were true I would be more concerned. But as I listen to him I’m not convinced that it’s true. 
This is why a thorough and complete document review is essential.  Need to see if the story he's selling at the hearing is the same one that actually happened. 

Google search September 17: how to hide the body of a woman in the woods

email September 17: Jim, I have that "hiding a woman's body in the woods research" for you

Mr. Kavanaugh, now that we all know Jim killed his wife and hid her body in the woods on October 23, did you have any discussion or do any research regarding hiding Jim's wife's body in the woods?

Kavanaugh: No.

I consider that a lie.

Users who are viewing this thread