What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​ 🏛️ ​Official Supreme Court nomination thread - Amy Coney Barrett (1 Viewer)

eThey don't even know what they're protesting.  It's just a sideshow and has no meaning whatsoever.  The grandstanding is pathetic. 
Money talks, that is the only reason they are there. 

Like it is going to make a difference, it just motivates the right to go out and vote.

Just Dems showing their true colors, if it comes with free money they are all in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember when Trump's SC nomination was announced and the majority of you were talking about how you will stop this from happening... :lmao:

He can't stop it, it likely won't be stopped, but it *could* be stopped. Disparaging someone by stating their motives are primarily for a 2020 run is cynical to the point of destructive. By your logic, it is a short step to concluding the minority shouldn't even show up to work regarding anything partisan.  
I’m not disparaging him. 

He can't stop it, it likely won't be stopped, but it *could* be stopped. Disparaging someone by stating their motives are primarily for a 2020 run is cynical to the point of destructive. By your logic, it is a short step to concluding the minority shouldn't even show up to work regarding anything partisan.  
Booker is a fraud and an idiot, the people of New Jersey should be ashamed of themselves.

They don't even know what they're protesting.  It's just a sideshow and has no meaning whatsoever.  The grandstanding is pathetic. 
Have we mentioned that one of the protesters that was arrested was Piper Perabo (lead actress from Coyote Ugly)?

She tweeted: 

"I was just arrested for civil disobedience in the Kavanaugh hearings.  Many citizens before me have fought for the equal rights of women. I can’t be silent when someone is nominated to the Supreme Court who would take our equal rights away.”

Kavanaugh's writings indicate that he would very likely support gutting women's rights, including a right to abortion.  Sounds like they know exactly what they're protesting. 

Jon...never again complain about person posts with what you have posted on this page.  or complain about unfair treatment.

Just like the Trump Train, this nomination cannot be stopped.

He will be confirmed before the October session of the SC.
I have no doubt that an urbandictionary entry for Trumptrain will be forthcoming and will justify your faith in its unstoppable nature.

Oh, wait, that's already there.  We probably disagree on which one is relevant.

I don't know what that link is, nor do I care to click it.  I don't have any more time in a day than you do.  It's about how we prioritize/use our time I suppose.  And it's about following the topics of the day through as unfiltered a lens as possible.  Best I can tell we are at a pretty significant crossroads in this country.  Why would I rely on anyone else to tell me their version of what's going on and actively substitute it for my own personal opinion/observation when I don't have to?  I can't count how many times you've railed against "the left" this and the "liberal" that and listening to CNN blah blah blah blah.  It seems to me that if you really believed those things, you'd be taking the time to watch these hearings too and not relying on the media to cut it down into soundbyte talking points for you.  According to your own words, they can't be trusted.

I have no doubt that an urbandictionary entry for Trumptrain will be forthcoming and will justify your faith in its unstoppable nature.

Oh, wait, that's already there.  We probably disagree on which one is relevant.
They have thrown everything at him, including the kitchen sink. It is all irrelevant, the Trumptrain slows down for nothing.

He has taken more crap from the left, the liberals, the Democrats and their propaganda arm, the MSM, than any President in modern history. 

He cares about the American People and they love him, nothing else matters.

America is in a far better place than it has in decades. 

Imagine if they tried to help instead of RESIST 24/7.

His "Spartacus moment", they were approved to be released before his moment. He was made to look like a fool and a fraud. 
If being a shameless political grandstander makes one a fool and a fraud, perhaps we can all look with fresh eyes on many of our representatives up the chain and agree that from local school boards to the Presidency we have made it clear that we prefer fools and frauds.

I don't know what that link is, nor do I care to click it.  I don't have any more time in a day than you do.  It's about how we prioritize/use our time I suppose.  And it's about following the topics of the day through as unfiltered a lens as possible.  Best I can tell we are at a pretty significant crossroads in this country.  Why would I rely on anyone else to tell me their version of what's going on and actively substitute it for my own personal opinion/observation when I don't have to?  I can't count how many times you've railed against "the left" this and the "liberal" that and listening to CNN blah blah blah blah.  It seems to me that if you really believed those things, you'd be taking the time to watch these hearings too and not relying on the media to cut it down into soundbyte talking points for you.  According to your own words, they can't be trusted.
Your funny, unfiltered lens. LOL

If being a shameless political grandstander makes one a fool and a fraud, perhaps we can all look with fresh eyes on many of our representatives up the chain and agree that from local school boards to the Presidency we have made it clear that we prefer fools and frauds.
America can thank goodness that the most important part of that chain is pushing us ahead and we are benefitting from his nonstop determination and love for America.

Fair point. 

I guess I'm just really surprised that he's still going to be confirmed. I would think that should be a disqualifier for a judge.
It’s possible that it could be a disqualifier under other circumstances, but Republicans are in a position where they really can’t reject Kavanaugh.  There isn’t enough time to confirm someone else before the midterms and there’s a chance they could lose the Senate in November.  No regular-sized scandal is gonna stop this confirmation.

the first red is very true - I work 8-10 hours a day and wife in college ... and I don't have TV other than netflix and amazon prime.

the second red ties to that link - its the Republican senator from Nebraska says Congress too often punts its power to the executive branch - and its a good listen to show just how foolish Congress has become and how the SC has attained power that was never intended for it to have .... I thought it was a good listen was all

and you're right - don't trust what one source of media tells you, listen/read/watch everything you can

Your funny, unfiltered lens. LOL
Do I need to put these posts in Little Orphan Annie decoder code for you to understand them or something?  Is there a less filtered way of taking in these hearings other than to watch the actual hearings themselves that I am unaware of?  I am all ears.

the first red is very true - I work 8-10 hours a day and wife in college ... and I don't have TV other than netflix and amazon prime.

the second red ties to that link - its the Republican senator from Nebraska says Congress too often punts its power to the executive branch - and its a good listen to show just how foolish Congress has become and how the SC has attained power that was never intended for it to have .... I thought it was a good listen was all

and you're right - don't trust what one source of media tells you, listen/read/watch everything you can
Without watching it, I'd agree with whomever is saying it (if your take on the clip is accurate).  Our Congress has been a complete failure in keeping our President in check.  They aren't doing their jobs when they allow our president to do his petty tariff crap under the guise of national security.  Our SC has been forced to do things it shouldn't have to because Congress hasn't had the balls to do their jobs.  It's getting worse and worse.

This actually true when it comes to the confirmation of a SCJ.  You can thank the democratic party for that one.
Yes and no. Both parties are equally at fault here. I was angry with the obstruction from the right with Obama, I was angry when the Dems took the nuclear option on every judge but the SC to overcome that obstruction, I was angry when the GOP stole a SC seat by obstruction and then implemented the nuclear option regarding the SC. Honestly, I hope if the Dems ever get back in power the reinstitute the rule - though that is a small hope, a sad one really. Once you give someone power they are reluctant to give it up.

This forum is filled with a bunch of left wing bitter pricks who lack any sense of humor.  
Whatever happens around you, don’t take it personally… Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. All people live in their own dream, in their own mind; they are in a completely different world from the one we live in. When we take something personally, we make the assumption that they know what is in our world, and we try to impose our world on their world.

Even when a situation seems so personal, even if others insult you directly, it has nothing to do with you. What they say, what they do, and the opinions they give are according to the agreements they have in their own minds…Taking things personally makes you easy prey for these predators, the black magicians. They can hook you easily with one little opinion and feed you whatever poison they want, and because you take it personally, you eat it up….

Even the opinions you have about yourself are not necessarily true; therefore you don’t need to take whatever you hear in your own mind personally…Don’t take anything personally because by taking things personally you set yourself up to suffer for nothing….When we really see other people as they are without taking it personally, we can never be hurt by what they say or do. Even if others lie to you, it is okay. They are lying to you because they are afraid.

There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally. You become immune to black magicians, and no spell can affect you regardless of how strong it may be. The whole world can gossip about you, and if you don’t take it personally you are immune. Someone can intentionally send emotional poison, and if you don’t take it personally, you will not eat it. When you don’t take the emotional poison, it becomes even worse in the sender, but not in you.

As you make a habit of not taking anything personally, you won’t need to place your trust in what others do or say. You will only need to trust yourself to make responsible choices. You are never responsible for the actions of others; you are only responsible for you. When you truly understand this, and refuse to take things personally, you can hardly be hurt by the careless comments or actions of others.

If you keep this agreement, you can travel around the world with your heart completely open and no one can hurt you. You can say, “I love you,” without fear of being ridiculed or rejected. You can ask for what you need.

I recommend this book:  https://www.amazon.com/Four-Agreements-Practical-Personal-Freedom-ebook/dp/B005BRS8Z6

Fair point. 

I guess I'm just really surprised that he's still going to be confirmed. I would think that should be a disqualifier for a judge.
It should be.
Just got back from the grocer and saw a lady wearing a "Women for Kavanaugh" shirt.   On the back it read "Another Great Justice".   Came very close to saying something.  Man, I hate the sheep and that goes for every side. 

Just got back from the grocer and saw a lady wearing a "Women for Kavanaugh" shirt.   On the back it read "Another Great Justice".   Came very close to saying something.  Man, I hate the sheep and that goes for every side. 
I have a theory that the more our society pulls away from traditional fundamentalist religion the more people whose personalities need them to believe in the One True Thing become that way about politics, even if they're still claiming (generally by lying to themselves) that they really believe in the unerring word of religion.  If I'm right, it's actually a very good sign in the long view.

It’s possible that it could be a disqualifier under other circumstances, but Republicans are in a position where they really can’t reject Kavanaugh.  There isn’t enough time to confirm someone else before the midterms and there’s a chance they could lose the Senate in November.  No regular-sized scandal is gonna stop this confirmation.
I'm not sure there's any kind of realistic scandal that can stop this. I think we'd have to go 'dead girl or live boy' kind of level scandal to stop this. Trump has helped desensitize the public to scandal.

Hey, someone got a free shirt.   

Without watching it, I'd agree with whomever is saying it (if your take on the clip is accurate).  Our Congress has been a complete failure in keeping our President in check.  They aren't doing their jobs when they allow our president to do his petty tariff crap under the guise of national security.  Our SC has been forced to do things it shouldn't have to because Congress hasn't had the balls to do their jobs.  It's getting worse and worse.
well and that's what the guy said, its been happening progressively more and more and it needs to stop

I agree with those view

Kamala went to the wall and grilled Kavanaugh on his conversations with that law firm (250 lawyers there) about Mueller and Kavanaugh not knowing which of the 250 she may be speaking of. Yesterday on Maddow She was on talking about that line of questioning and couldn't substantiate anything she was asking about.  Complete whiff.  The cheapest of cheap political theatrics.

In the balance we can only assume it was made up out of whole cloth to garner headlines.

So after Kamala went to the wall and grilled Kavanaugh on his conversations with that law firm (250 lawyers there) about Mueller and Kavanaugh not knowing which of the 250 she may be speaking of. Yesterday on Maddow She was on talking about that line of questioning and couldn't substantiate anything she was asking about.  Complete whiff.  The cheapest of cheap political theatrics.

In the balance we can only assume it was made up out of whole cloth to garner headlines.
That's an odd characterization of someone saying they wouldn't reveal the identity of a confidential source on a television show.

Yeah...Maddow and Trump's tax returns, Part Deux.

She and Booker both came off looking a little dumb.  You set something like that up, you need to deliver.

Myself, I prefer buffoons and hucksters, but to each their own.

jon, jon, jon, you really need to enrich yourself. I am sure I could find a few online courses that might really help you out. Maybe some US History mixed in with some Civics. Most people covered this stuff in-depth during high school. That is assuming you started and finished. I don't want assume too much if you are still in middle school or something. If you are, I apologize in advance and you should post when your high school graduation is coming up. We could probably have a real discussion then.
I disagree with almost of all of jon_mx's political views, but don't do that. Don't talk down to anyone like that. Be on this board or in real life

Kamala went to the wall and grilled Kavanaugh on his conversations with that law firm (250 lawyers there) about Mueller and Kavanaugh not knowing which of the 250 she may be speaking of. Yesterday on Maddow She was on talking about that line of questioning and couldn't substantiate anything she was asking about.  Complete whiff.  The cheapest of cheap political theatrics.

Last year Mike Pence flew to Indiana to attend an NFL game with the secret service in tow on the public's dime in order to hear the national anthem and then leave the stadium immediately thereafter in mock disgust because one of the players kneeled during the song in protest of police brutality and racial bias.

Users who are viewing this thread