Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sinn Fein

​ 🏛️ ​Official Supreme Court nomination thread - Amy Coney Barrett

20 minutes ago, dickey moe said:

Booker's really getting crucified for this.

He would make a fine opponent for Trump in 2020.

Kamala went to the wall and grilled Kavanaugh on his conversations with that law firm (250 lawyers there) about Mueller and Kavanaugh not knowing which of the 250 she may be speaking of. Yesterday on Maddow She was on talking about that line of questioning and couldn't substantiate anything she was asking about.  Complete whiff.  The cheapest of cheap political theatrics.

In the balance we can only assume it was made up out of whole cloth to garner headlines.

Edited by Sand

2 minutes ago, Sand said:

So after Kamala went to the wall and grilled Kavanaugh on his conversations with that law firm (250 lawyers there) about Mueller and Kavanaugh not knowing which of the 250 she may be speaking of. Yesterday on Maddow She was on talking about that line of questioning and couldn't substantiate anything she was asking about.  Complete whiff.  The cheapest of cheap political theatrics.

In the balance we can only assume it was made up out of whole cloth to garner headlines.

That's an odd characterization of someone saying they wouldn't reveal the identity of a confidential source on a television show.

• Like 3

Yeah...Maddow and Trump's tax returns, Part Deux.

She and Booker both came off looking a little dumb.  You set something like that up, you need to deliver.

1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

If being a shameless political grandstander makes one a fool and a fraud, perhaps we can all look with fresh eyes on many of our representatives up the chain and agree that from local school boards to the Presidency we have made it clear that we prefer fools and frauds.

Myself, I prefer buffoons and hucksters, but to each their own.

1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

That's an odd characterization of someone saying they wouldn't reveal the identity of a confidential source on a television show.

If she's going to let it drop if he lies, she shouldn't have gone there IMO.

1 minute ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Myself, I prefer buffoons and hucksters, but to each their own.

I personally tend to gravitate toward charlatans, flimflam artists, and scalawags.

• Like 1

Just now, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

If she's going to let it drop if he lies, she shouldn't have gone there IMO.

This I also agree with.

2 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

I personally tend to gravitate toward charlatans, flimflam artists, and scalawags.

Buffoon, Huckster and Charlatan accurately describes the named partners in the first law firm I worked for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sn0mm1s said:

jon, jon, jon, you really need to enrich yourself. I am sure I could find a few online courses that might really help you out. Maybe some US History mixed in with some Civics. Most people covered this stuff in-depth during high school. That is assuming you started and finished. I don't want assume too much if you are still in middle school or something. If you are, I apologize in advance and you should post when your high school graduation is coming up. We could probably have a real discussion then.

I disagree with almost of all of jon_mx's political views, but don't do that. Don't talk down to anyone like that. Be on this board or in real life

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

He would make a fine opponent for Trump in 2020.

Guess you never saw the film.

16 minutes ago, Sand said:

Kamala went to the wall and grilled Kavanaugh on his conversations with that law firm (250 lawyers there) about Mueller and Kavanaugh not knowing which of the 250 she may be speaking of. Yesterday on Maddow She was on talking about that line of questioning and couldn't substantiate anything she was asking about.  Complete whiff.  The cheapest of cheap political theatrics.

Last year Mike Pence flew to Indiana to attend an NFL game with the secret service in tow on the public's dime in order to hear the national anthem and then leave the stadium immediately thereafter in mock disgust because one of the players kneeled during the song in protest of police brutality and racial bias.

Edited by TobiasFunke
  • Like 9

53 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Hey, someone got a free shirt.   

I wanted women's reproductive rights and all I got was a lousy T-shirt. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

Last year Mike Pence flew to Indiana to attend an NFL game with the secret service in tow on the public's dime in order to hear the national anthem and then leave the stadium immediately thereafter in mock disgust because one of the players kneeled during the song in protest of police brutality and racial bias.

Yes, and imagine how expensive that was for the taxpayers.  Not cheap at all.

20 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

That was so ridiculous. I loved the way he shook his head in sorrow just before he left.

36 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

If she can't bring the allegation with any credibility she shouldn't have brought it.  Heck, the NYT has had to tighten anonymous source rules lately after getting burned again and again.  

25 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

Nice whataboutism.  Not terribly analogous, but definitely a good effort.

1 minute ago, Sand said:

If she can't bring the allegation with any credibility she shouldn't have brought it.  Heck, the NYT has had to tighten anonymous source rules lately after getting burned again and again.  

Nice whataboutism.  Not terribly analogous, but definitely a good effort.

It’s a perfectly valid point. You said it was “the cheapest” of political stunts.  I chose one of literally thousands of options from the last three years to demonstrate that there have been plenty of far cheaper political stunts.

46 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

In my younger days I, myself, was a bit of a scalawag with some pronounced rapscallion traits as well.  Comes from the Irish side of the family. We have a few Irish Travelers in the family tree.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

In my younger days I, myself, was a bit of a scalawag with some pronounced rapscallion traits as well.  Comes from the Irish side of the family. We have a few Irish Travelers in the family tree.

Can't say as I didn't see a bit of a few of my family members in The Riches when it was on television.

2 hours ago, Qanon said:

Wait until the next one gets nominated. :thumbup:

If another “Liberal” judge retires or, god forbid, passes away, would you want a “Conservative” judge to be nominated? Or, would it be the correct thing to do and nominate a similarly “Liberal” judge?

1 hour ago, Sheriff Bart said:

I wanted women's reproductive rights and all I got was a lousy T-shirt. 

Hey, who’s to say women can be trusted with their own uterus? Leave it to the professionals, the trump administration. 

Edited by Snorkelson
Let me grab that for ya
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, timschochet said:

Their “job” this week is to get as much face time in front of the cameras as possible. 

Just stop

5 hours ago, The Commish said:

of course....why would I rely on someone else's account when I can see it for myself?

Too many pallets?

Edited by cosjobs

41 minutes ago, Mario Kart said:

If another “Liberal” judge retires or, god forbid, passes away, would you want a “Conservative” judge to be nominated? Or, would it be the correct thing to do and nominate a similarly “Liberal” judge?

Anyone off trumps list would be fine. :thumbup:

I think he is actually going to get 2 more after Kavanaugh.

44 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

Hey, who’s to say women can be trusted with their own uterus? Leave it to the professionals, the trump administration. 

Trump has nothing to say about it. You do realize that if Roe v Wade gets overturned it only sends the decision to the states.

I personally don't think it will be overturned and don't relay want it to be but late term and partial birth both needs to go in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Qanon said:

Trump has nothing to say about it. You do realize that if Roe v Wade gets overturned it only sends the decision to the states.

I personally don't think it will be overturned and don't relay want it to be but late term and partial birth both needs to go in my opinion.

An abortion is a medical procedure that should be decided on between a woman, her doctor, and the doctor's ethical obligations.  If a woman is potentially going to die, be maimed, or be forced to carry a dead fetus in her body for weeks/months in the absence of a procedure, anyone who advocates against her being able to legally get it takes a big notch down the humanity ladder in my opinion. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, dozer said:

Confirmed.....by Gateway Pundit.

media bias fact check

Bias: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Nationalism, Some Fake News

They have pictures of her getting paid and also being thrown out of the chamber. 

The paper may be biased but the article was verified with actual pictures. 

By the was Media Bias Fact Check is dishonest. It is listed as the 2nd most biased fact check site on the innerwebs.

1 hour ago, Snorkelson said:

Hey, who’s to say women can be trusted with their own uterus? 

If you're having an abortion the chances that you were irresponsible with your uterus is pretty high.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cosjobs said:

Just stop

Tim is 100% correct.

7 minutes ago, Qanon said:

They have pictures of her getting paid and also being thrown out of the chamber. 

By the was Media Bias Fact Check is dishonest. It is listed as the 2nd most biased fact check site on the innerwebs.

Actual pictures!  That verifies a story by Gateway Pundit.    There were people in them and everything.  Were they photoshopped?  She sure is holding her "money" like a cell phone. Since they all come from the same source, and he claims he saw this with multiple people over two days and listened to the conversations, why does he only have one photo and no video?

12 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

An abortion is a medical procedure that should be decided on between a woman, her doctor, and the doctor's ethical obligations.  If a woman is potentially going to die, be maimed, or be forced to carry a dead fetus in her body for weeks/months in the absence of a procedure, anyone who advocates against her being able to legally get it takes a big notch down the humanity ladder in my opinion. 

I assume you realize exactly what partial birth abortion is. I will not discuss it here because it is that bad.

2 minutes ago, Sand said:

If you're having an abortion the chances that you were irresponsible with your uterus is pretty high.

This is seriously one of the most offensive posts I've seen on these boards.   I'd like you to meet any number of my female friends IRL and have you say this to them.  

Then you could play a fun game of "how many teeth did I just lose?"

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Actual pictures!  That verifies a story by Gateway Pundit.    There were people in them and everything.  Were they photoshopped?  She sure is holding her "money" like a cell phone. Since they all come from the same source, and he claims he saw this with multiple people over two days and listened to the conversations, why does he only have one photo and no video?

It is no worse than the MSM which we all know is the propaganda arm of the DNC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Qanon said:

I assume you realize exactly what partial birth abortion is. I will not discuss it here because it is that bad.

I assume you know that Roe v. Wade has nothing to do with partial birth abortion.   

13 minutes ago, Qanon said:

Listed where? Gateway Pundit?

3 hours ago, The Commish said:
3 hours ago, Qanon said:

Your funny, unfiltered lens. LOL

Do I need to put these posts in Little Orphan Annie decoder code for you to understand them or something?  Is there a less filtered way of taking in these hearings other than to watch the actual hearings themselves that I am unaware of?  I am all ears.

So, no follow up on this dumb assertion of yours? @Qanon ?  I'm all ears and could be doing it wrong, but don't think I am.

6 minutes ago, Qanon said:

I will assume based on your statement that you do not.

1 minute ago, Sand said:

Oh? 

Just now, Henry Ford said:

Oh? 

Well, if you are I think he's right.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Qanon said:

It is no worse than the MSM which we all know is the propaganda arm of the DNC.

Why do you continue to post blatant falsehoods like this?

Just now, -fish- said:

Well, if you are I think he's right.

Keep your laws off my uterus, -fish-.

14 minutes ago, -fish- said:

I assume you know that Roe v. Wade has nothing to do with partial birth abortion.   

I actually did not. It should still not be allowed.

Do you know what allows it? I don't.

ThankQ

12 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Why do you continue to post blatant falsehoods like this?

Check the Qanon thread.

It is not a falsehood, in my opinion and 10's of millions of other Americans

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

Sorry.  I'm not trying to be a jerk here. It's my honest opinion.

and your opinion is right.  IMHO

3 minutes ago, Qanon said:

Check the Qanon thread.

It is not a falsehood, in my opinion and 10's of millions of other Americans

Even more people think QAnon is a delusional conspiracy.  Is that a falsehood?

6 minutes ago, Qanon said:

I actually did not. It should still not be allowed.

Do you know what allows it? I don't.

ThankQ

The term "partial birth abortion" is not a medical term and your question is therefore difficult to answer with any real precision.  There are varying definitions used in various laws across the country, but the short answer is "under federal law, unless the life of the mother is threatened by the pregnancy, nothing does."

28 minutes ago, -fish- said:

This is seriously one of the most offensive posts I've seen on these boards.   I'd like you to meet any number of my female friends IRL and have you say this to them.  

Indignation doesn't supplant truth.  If you take out obvious (and fairly rare) exceptions the vast majority of unplanned pregnancies are "whoopses".  In this day and age there are birth control methods that are damn near 100% effective.