What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​ 🏛️ ​Official Supreme Court nomination thread - Amy Coney Barrett (8 Viewers)

If the FBI is doing a thorough background investigation the allegations of Ramirez and Swetnick also need to be looked into. If not, then this additional investigation is incomplete and a sham.
Which explains why Trump handled this like an adult and not a psychopath as he usually does. 

See, here’s the problem. He made some ridiculous statements in defending himself from her allegations. In my opinion, it opens the door to look into those statements, to see if he’s a liar liar pants on fire. 

Do you care about whether or not he’s a liar or lied under oath?
So that is what this is all about.

Not whether or not a man was falsely accused of sexual assault or guilty of sexual assault.

It is about how many beers he drank on a specific day during summer vacation in high school and what slang terms in a yearbook meant.

Not whether or not a man was falsely accused of sexual assault or guilty of sexual assault.

It is about how many beers he drank on a specific day during summer vacation in high school and what slang terms in a yearbook meant.
Bill Clinton lost lost license to practice law for perjury.  If Kavanaugh committed perjury so should he. 

Is the FBI allowed to verify his testimony from this past week?  There's a reason the GOP wants to keep focus on ford. After that performance I'd want to keep focus off him too. 

I've gone from a Republican to an Independent to a Democrat because the Republicans put an inept, mental midget, bullying, unqualified, man baby in the white house. He's also probably a traitor judging by the people he put in his cabinet. Disgusting. 
Funny, you could use that same paragraph to describe the previous administration.

I guess we will learn soon enough exactly how inept, corrupt, and traitorous he truly was.

See, here’s the problem. He made some ridiculous statements in defending himself from her allegations. In my opinion, it opens the door to look into those statements, to see if he’s a liar liar pants on fire. 

Do you care about whether or not he’s a liar or lied under oath?
And also his drinking and partying is directly related to what was going my in at that time.

No...it’s about if he is that dishonest with everything else...is it possible he isn’t being honest about Ford.

This isn’t a difficult concept.

I know 2 women and 1 man who are changing from Democrat to Independants due to the shenanigans the Democrats did to Ford and Kavanaugh by sitting on the letter for political games.  Disgusting
I know four women, three men, one goat, and a bunch of sheep that turned from Republican to Independent. Boom!

All that really matters to the lefties is that a conservative judge does not get appointed.  Schumer and company will not vote for anyone Trump nominates.

Bill Clinton lost lost license to practice law for perjury.  If Kavanaugh committed perjury so should he. 
And how exactly do you prove how many beers someone drank on a Thursday night 36 years ago?

Or what high school clique slang terms for farting and drinking games were?

He said she said?

Last edited by a moderator:
Something tells me that even after thrashing about and demanding an FBI investigation for weeks, when it’s over, Democrats are still going to ##### and moan that it’s not enough.
The people thrashing about and demanding an FBI investigation for weeks wanted an FBI investigation run without interference from the White House or a time limit.  Is the FBI investigation authorized without interference from the White House without a time limit?

Is the FBI allowed to verify his testimony from this past week?  There's a reason the GOP wants to keep focus on ford. After that performance I'd want to keep focus off him too. 
How do they verify the # of beers drank on thirsty Thursday in 1982?

The people thrashing about and demanding an FBI investigation for weeks wanted an FBI investigation run without interference from the White House or a time limit.  Is the FBI investigation authorized without interference from the White House without a time limit?
Exactly.

All that really matters to the lefties is that a conservative judge does not get appointed.  Schumer and company will not vote for anyone Trump nominates.
False yet again to start out.

Schumer and others may not...but they don’t have to in order to confirm.

It’s telling how wide the scope of Kavanaugh’s perjury was.  He claimed he got into Yale despite having no connections there.  He went to a $60K per year boarding school.  One of his grandfathers went to Yale.  Connections like that keep thousands of superior students out of the Ivy League every year.

So he’s either aware of his connections and lied about them under oath, or he’s so wrapped up in privilege he doesn’t know those are connections, still perjury and a strike against being a good and fair judge. 

Not accurate.  But even under your definition Judge's employment records are relevant and within that mandate.  
It’s not accurate that this isn’t a full investigation? Perhaps we’re just crossing wires here. You read the article being discussed about the White House limiting the scope of what the FBI is allowed to investigate, including requesting records and interviewing witnesses?

Someone thinks it is easy to hide something from the FBI.   :lmao:
Um, no, but limiting what documents may be obtained limits the ability to corroborate statements.  I don’t know the full extent of what’s being allowed but quite a bit is being disallowed. 

Ironic how you love to post "false" or "falsehoods" as a board cop and you are consistantly wrong.
Stating that all lefties want is not that a conservative Judge isn’t appointed is a complete lately false statement. You can claim it’s wrong all you want...but that too would be false.

Stop pretending politics doesn't work both ways. Do you remember Garland?

Schumer was never voting for anyone Trump nominates. Yes, that's true. You need to convince your own moderate Republicans who vote with a brain. not Dems.

Schumer may not vote for anyone he appoints, but partisan voting is hardly uncommon for supreme court justices. We did see 3 democrats vote for Gorsuch (a Trump nominee) and did not see any of these hysterics surrounding his confirmation

She also sued another of her employers.  

According to The Wall Street Journal, Swetnick sued New York Life Insurance for discrimination.

“Roughly a decade ago,” WSJ reported, “Swetnick was involved in a dispute with her former employer, New York Life Insurance Co., over a sexual-harassment complaint she filed, according to people familiar with the matter.”

The company settled with Swetnick.  Swetnick worked for the insurance behemoth for less than two years, the newspaper reported, and does not include the position on her résumé.

There are more if you are still interested.
So they settled...basically admitting she was right.  How is this a bad thing for her?

Stop pretending politics doesn't work both ways. Do you remember Garland?

Schumer was never voting for anyone Trump nominates. Yes, that's true. You need to convince your own moderate Republicans who vote with a brain. not Dems.
And to be clear, I mean you need to convince your own moderate Reps that passing an obvious, lying, partisan hack (and possible perpetrator of sexual assault) will not harm their own re-election campaigns. Of course, you don't care about their re-election campaigns, you only care about getting an anti- Roe v. Wade judge on the court.

Schumer may not vote for anyone he appoints, but partisan voting is hardly uncommon for supreme court justices. We did see 3 democrats vote for Gorsuch (a Trump nominee) and did not see any of these hysterics surrounding his confirmation
And plenty here that some would call lefties either said good choice or were ok with gorsuch and didn’t really oppose him beyond saying it should heave been Garlands seat.

She also sued another of her employers.  

According to The Wall Street Journal, Swetnick sued New York Life Insurance for discrimination.

“Roughly a decade ago,” WSJ reported, “Swetnick was involved in a dispute with her former employer, New York Life Insurance Co., over a sexual-harassment complaint she filed, according to people familiar with the matter.”

The company settled with Swetnick.  Swetnick worked for the insurance behemoth for less than two years, the newspaper reported, and does not include the position on her résumé.

There are more people who had done her wrong, if you are still interested.
Sounds like the kind of thing the FBI should ask her about.  Oh, well. 

And plenty here that some would call lefties either said good choice or were ok with gorsuch and didn’t really oppose him beyond saying it should heave been Garlands seat.
And to take a specific example, I personally said Kavanaugh would probably make a good justice even though I disagree with him on things until it came out that he’s probably been lying to Congress indiscriminately for over a decade 

Users who are viewing this thread