What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​ 🏛️ ​Official Supreme Court nomination thread - Amy Coney Barrett (4 Viewers)

Oh, while you didn’t ask, I should explain how I would expect a privileged person guilty of a crime to react in this situation. 

I would expect he would be combative, whining, argumentative, hysterical at times. He would probably try to accuse anyone questioning him of being guilty of whatever they thought he might be guilty of.  He would lash out in over-the-top indignant anger.   Maybe point to a grand conspiracy against him. Suggest that some boogeyman like George Soros was behind it.  Bring out pages of “evidence” that he claims are relevant but can’t quite explain why.  And then when someone asks him if he will support an FBI investigation, he would evasively refuse to answer the question. 

Dear friends,

Please stop engaging nfl. He makes Brady fan look like Maurile Tremblay. I've almost replied six times and at least four of then would have gotten me banned.

Love,

cos
Here’s the problem: yes NFL2DF and Opie and a few others are trolls. Yes their arguments are often either nonsensical or designed to irritate and enrage rather than have real discussion and honest debate. 
We don't have to worry about Opie for awhile.

Sure, investigate the political opposition and the counsel 
Someone leaked that letter and caused incalculable harm to Dr. Ford.  All I'm hearing in here is that is a-ok since the political outcome has made the sacrifice worth it. This is absolutely worth looking into.  

The body of work from her counsel has shown them to be extraordinarily politically motivated, though that is a sidelight from the main issue of what has harmed Dr. Ford in this series of events.

Someone leaked that letter and caused incalculable harm to Dr. Ford.  All I'm hearing in here is that is a-ok since the political outcome has made the sacrifice worth it. This is absolutely worth looking into.  

The body of work from her counsel has shown them to be extraordinarily politically motivated, though that is a sidelight from the main issue of what has harmed Dr. Ford in this series of events.
Sure.  Look into it.  If it turns out someone in the White House leaked it, what should happen?

Interesting, someone sexually assaulted Dr. Ford, and that took an Act of Congress to investigate...

Which event do you think caused the most harm here?

Jeff Flake admits that the Soros plant who cornered him in the elevator and proceeded to scream like a wild banshee is why he capitulated.

What a flake. Makes you wonder what they have over him.

Who was supposed to investigate?  She didn't file a police report.  She didn't contact the FBI herself.  She contacted Congress and they ordered the investigation, right?
Well, sort of.  She contacted her representative in July, who contacted her Senator, who gave the information to the FBI, who included it in information given to the White House.  The only investigation done at that point appears to have been investigation into her.  At which point, when she realized she was being investigated and the information had leaked, she came out publicly and asked for an FBI investigation, which was refused. Then she testified in front of the Judiciary Committee, who decided to vote to move him forward until one Senator with a conscience who isn’t up for re-election was cornered in the elevator by a survivor of sexual violence who demanded he look at her in the eye and tell her that what happened to her didn’t matter. 

Then that Senator pulled a Senate Democrat in the room into a side hallway to talk about a compromise. A one week pause while an actual FBI investigation happens.  That agreement was struck, and the Committee called on the White House to formally request that it be looked into.  So the White House - which had this information for some time - finally requested one. 

Why is an investigation into that a ok? Is there something illegal about it? Are we just investigating things that may be politically bad now?  Is that a good use of resources?

“Hid”?  Interesting.  If her office leaked it, then sure.  If not, weird take.  
No.  Depending on who you talk to, she was either going to cover these allegations up forever because Ford wanted to be anonymous, or she deliberately leaked them at the time when they would cause the maximum amount of damage.

Either way, Diane Feinstein is literally the last person on this planet who gets to argue for full transparency in this case.  There is a cigarette smoking man in the bowels of our national security apparatus who is better-placed to call for openness than Diane Feinstein.

No.  Depending on who you talk to, she was either going to cover these allegations up forever because Ford wanted to be anonymous, or she deliberately leaked them at the time when they would cause the maximum amount of damage.

Either way, Diane Feinstein is literally the last person on this planet who gets to argue for full transparency in this case.  There is a cigarette smoking man in the bowels of our national security apparatus who is better-placed to call for openness than Diane Feinstein.
If she truly was going to keep it confidential, in accordance with the victim’s wishes, and the leak came from somewhere else, then I don’t follow.  

Please put me on ignore.  Thanks.
Sorry, you don't have a license to post falsehoods without repercussions. If you make them I will call you out on them. If you don't want to see my challenges to your statements that you can't back up, then perhaps you should put me on ignore, professor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheriff Bart said:
I did too. Senior year we had to do confession face to face.  So all of the guys thought it would be funny to confess to masturbating all the time.  

Still funny. 
I have a not so funny story to share on this very topic. 

I believe it was my junior year of high school (but, admittedly, I don’t recall the year). I grew up in catholic schools from pre-school through college. I paid attention which meant I was mortified of mortal sins so I attended confession regularly. In my high one once a month priests from around the diocese would come to hear confession. I never did face to face. It was also basically luck of the draw so I wound up going to a priest I didn’t know. 

I said the intro, gave my general sins (didn’t listen to my mom, used foul language, etc.). I was a pretty good kid so I admitted to the norms and fully expected a few holy marys or whatever for my penance. But that’s not what happened. It went something like this. 

Priest: Son? You didn’t confess to masturbation. We need to confess all our sins before God. Do you masturbate? 

Me: Well... yeah... yes, sometimes. 

Priest: How often? 

Me: I... don’t know. Maybe a couple of times per week.  I’m not sure. 

Priest: What do you think about? 

Me: Uh, girls and sex and stuff. 

Priest: I see... I see... Well it’s a sin to covet. 

Me: I try not to think about girls I know. 

Priest: That’s kind of you. I want to help you. I want you to, before before masturbating, call me. You can tell me what you would be thinking about. And we can talk about it and turn to God together. 

Me: You want me to call you? 

Priest: Yes. I want you to call me when you think about masturbating. 

Me: Uh... Okay? 

A piece of paper then slid either around or under the screen and the priest confirmed again I’d call him.  It had a phone number on it. I don’t think it had his name on it because I have zero recollection of his name and don’t think I ever knew it. I don’t recall any penance either so j don’t think he gave me any. Just his number. 

I put the number in my pocket. I was pretty confused about what just happened. Again, I that time I tried my best to follow the dogmas I was taught. But I knew what had just happened wasn’t “normal.”  I believe I threw the paper with the number out a few periods later. I didn’t tell anybody it because, after all, that would mean I’d gave to admit I masturbated. 

I think I told somebody about that interaction for the first time in law school when we were joking about priests as a sex scandal had broke in the news. When I told it and nobody laughed I realized just how wrong it was. 

A few few weeks ago my mom shared with me the list of priests that came out in PA that indicated that were complaints or concerns about. I have no idea if the confession guy was on there but I recognized two of the priests I used to serve mass for as an alter boy. Fun times. 

Based on everything we know about Brett, there is no way I believe he got loser pissed and whipped out his wang at a party.  Doesn’t seem to fit.   Plus, he said he didn’t do that.  And his honesty is really above reproach.  

Meanwhile...from the attorney of the third Kavenaugh accuser:

Michael Avenatti‏ @MichaelAvenatti 41m41 minutes ago

Still no word from the FBI. Ramirez was questioned despite never submitting a sworn stmt. Ford was permitted to testify despite never submitting a sworn stmt. My client submitted a sworn stmt and has security clearances, & yet Trump will not allow her to be questioned or testify.

I’m not saying the data shown here is inaccurate, but I’ve seen similar stats and I genuinely don’t know how they could possibly be verified.
But for a graphic titled “the truth about false accusation,” it is quite misleading, and incorrect in many  aspects. It’s a pretty graphic, but pretty does not mean accurate; it should serve as a cautionary tale to those in the public prone to retweets or reposts of attractive graphics.
post gave it three Pinocchios. 

I’m not saying the data shown here is inaccurate, but I’ve seen similar stats and I genuinely don’t know how they could possibly be verified.
They’re estimates. Based on research data indicating that people don’t report x% of rapes because respondents self-report whether or not they were raped and whether or not they reported it, and then extrapolating data for convictions and actual reports. I don’t know about that graph specifically. 

They’re estimates. Based on research data indicating that people don’t report x% of rapes because respondents self-report whether or not they were raped and whether or not they reported it, and then extrapolating data for convictions and actual reports. 
So people convicted or charged of some form of false reporting is how they arrive at the number of people who make false allegations?

NFL2DF said:
If someone falsely accuses you of being a serial gang rapist and sends death threats to your wife and young daughters you are supposed to just sit there and smile.
Best part is, you were shown a perfect example of how these sorts of things are handled by grown, functioning adults in Dr. Ford.

Henry Ford said:
Maybe you should ask better questions. Or read my responses more carefully  

I haven’t said anything about a conviction or the amount of evidence necessary to obtain one.  Much like most of the other things you keep thinking I said. 
The talking points only work in particular situations.  Let's face it, this latest round isn't their best work.  What's puzzling is why they don't simply change the talking points instead of trying to twist everyone's words to a point where the talking points do work.  It has to be exhausting for them at this point.  They really are faced with an impossible task with this latest round...the points are pretty terrible.

I guess that would include his lies about drinking legally in high school?
I am not sure of that as it could be he was mistaken in retrospect about the drinking age (not a good argument, but plausible). However, it might include his definitions for what entries found in his yearbook mean, like "devil's triangle" or "boofing" after they talk to his classmates. Also his allegations of never blacking out, etc.

I am not sure of that as it could be he was mistaken in retrospect about the drinking age (not a good argument, but plausible). However, it might include his definitions for what entries found in his yearbook mean, like "devil's triangle" or "boofing" after they talk to his classmates. Also his allegations of never blacking out, etc.
He made a point of stressing he was legal to drink.  I would think every 17 year old knows they're drinking illegally and he would certainly remember that.

NFL2DF said:
So Adonis' definition of farting and drinking games are the final word.

:lmao:

I had a feeling that was the "perjury" you guys were talking about.

Fart jokes and drinking games.

It truly is amazing the lengths that one will go when they are incapable of using rational thought and know that they have lost the argument.

The fake sexual assault claims did not take him down so let's move on to fart jokes and drinking games and how many beers he drank on Thirsty Thursday at Squee's house.

There has to be at least a few here who realize the absurdity of this.

You want to deny a man a seat on the Supreme Court over a fart joke.
If he lied, under oath, to Congress and America, during his Supreme Court confirmation hearings, about fart jokes, yes, I would deny him the seat. Abso-effing-lutely. 

So let me ask you the same question: if it definitively was proven that he lied about (among other things) fart jokes. Under oath, in front of congress, during confirmation hearings, would you give him the job?

would you give a Supreme Court seat to a man who would lie about something as stupid as a fart joke? Yes or no. 

Everything the woman did must be perfectly legal because she got her government clearance.  Nothing wrong with knowing when to call a lawyer.
I feel like maybe you’re reading things into other people’s statements that aren’t there. 

Removed.  Thank you.
Henry, myself, and maybe a couple others had a talk about that graphic a while ago in a different thread. Only reason I knew exactly where to go for a review of it.

In your defense, I agree with the general premise of the graphic that tons of rapes go unreported and that false accusations (what I define as malicious, devious, intentionally misleading, etc. accusations) are not very common.

Henry Ford said:
Sure.  Look into it.  If it turns out someone in the White House leaked it, what should happen?
If charges can be found they should be brought.  If a lawyer type should be disbarred.

Sinn Fein said:
Interesting, someone sexually assaulted Dr. Ford, and that took an Act of Congress to investigate...

Which event do you think caused the most harm here?
Not relevant.  Both can be looked into independently.

sho nuff said:
Why is an investigation into that a ok? Is there something illegal about it? Are we just investigating things that may be politically bad now?  Is that a good use of resources?
If we care that harm has been done to Dr. Ford in her sexual assault we should also care about the harm done her today.  To suggest otherwise is pretty darn callous.

If charges can be found they should be brought.  If a lawyer type should be disbarred.

Not relevant.  Both can be looked into independently.

If we care that harm has been done to Dr. Ford in her sexual assault we should also care about the harm done her today.  To suggest otherwise is pretty darn callous.
Given that she came forward after a friend of Kavanaugh’s was snooping on her LinkedIn page, it’s not unlikely that the leak was from the White House to Kavanaugh’s team. To prep him. 

Users who are viewing this thread