What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​ 🏛️ ​Official Supreme Court nomination thread - Amy Coney Barrett (9 Viewers)

Twittersphere is suggesting its a "transporting minors across state lines for sex" issue.

Without more, that really feels like a hail mary.  If the early reports are this involves a girl when they were both in high school - he attended Georgetown Prep - so taking a girl to Virginia/Maryland to have sex would seem to be a fairly innocuous offense - not to mention, a bit dated.

But, given that the Dems would need to throw a hail mary at this point, I guess I could not rule it out.
If that's all this ends up being, Feinstein owes the guy an apology.

Obviously we don't know at this point, but it won't be long until details leak out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think we will ever know - if this is all there is.  It has been referred to the FBI - if it is credible evidence of a crime that can be prosecuted - then its more than simply having sex with a high school girlfriend across state lines.  If it is "nothing" - it dies at the FBI, and nobody knows for sure.

It turns out he just had a baseball game habit.
Kavanaugh was the guy who racked up a hundred grand in credit card debt that suddenly disappeared because he was the captain of his Nationals season tickets group?  
Oh man, there's so many f'ed up stories in this administration I have trouble matching the story to the name.

Did she say what this paper was about, or make an accusation? I have not kept up since this morning.

If all she did was turn something over to the FBI to investigate, I'm not sure why an apology for that is owed?

Twittersphere is suggesting its a "transporting minors across state lines for sex" issue.

Without more, that really feels like a hail mary.  If the early reports are this involves a girl when they were both in high school - he attended Georgetown Prep - so taking a girl to Virginia/Maryland to have sex would seem to be a fairly innocuous offense - not to mention, a bit dated.

But, given that the Dems would need to throw a hail mary at this point, I guess I could not rule it out.
In all likelihood.  I may have some reservations if he was 18 and she was 13.

Apparently the FBI already concluded that there is nothing worth pursuing here and sent the letter to the White House as a background check update.  A whole lot of nothing.

Apparently the FBI already concluded that there is nothing worth pursuing here and sent the letter to the White House as a background check update.  A whole lot of nothing.
As a general comment - geez, we're now tracking people back through high school?  There has to be a cutoff age where we're not allowed to smear candidates anymore.

"He can't possibly be confirmed for SCOTUS, remember that English test he cheated on sophomore year?"  

There was one article not a couple months back where there was a disparaging characterization of a politician (can't find it) that talked about when they were in 3rd grade.  Is this what we're down to?

As a general comment - geez, we're now tracking people back through high school?  There has to be a cutoff age where we're not allowed to smear candidates anymore.

"He can't possibly be confirmed for SCOTUS, remember that English test he cheated on sophomore year?"  

There was one article not a couple months back where there was a disparaging characterization of a politician (can't find it) that talked about when they were in 3rd grade.  Is this what we're down to?
With all due respect... were you out of the country or in a coma during the 2016 election cycle?

Did she say what this paper was about, or make an accusation? I have not kept up since this morning.

If all she did was turn something over to the FBI to investigate, I'm not sure why an apology for that is owed?
Well, she announced that she had turned an accusation over to the FBI without giving any details. She knew about the accusation/incident or whatever it is months ago but never brought it up in either the public or closed session of the hearing. So turning it over to the FBI (where they seem to almost immediately have declined to pursue) and then making a big production to having turned over some super secret accusation reeks of dirty politics.

What about the bit about him perjuring himself in his original Senate confirmation? That seems like it would be something like a big deal that the Senate would care about.

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has blasted the charged Senate confirmation process for Supreme Court pick Brett Kavanaugh as a 'highly partisan show.'

The liberal Ginsburg denounced the process, which many court observers have blasted as broken, during an event at George Washington Wednesday – on a day when Democrats who were virtually shut out of the confirmation process bombarded the nominee with 1,200 questions on issues ranging from gambling to his days as a clerk in a fruitless effort to slow down Kavanaugh's nomination.

'The way it was, was right. The way it is, is wrong,' Ginsburg said at the GW Law School, the reported, drawing applause from a crowd

:clap:

The FBI didn't even investigate. They handed it over to the White House.

According to a person familiar with the matter, the FBI does not now plan to launch a criminal investigation of the matter, which would normally be handled by local authorities, if it was within the statute of limitations. The FBI instead passed the material to the White House, as an update to Kavanaugh's background check, which already had been completed, the person said. The move is similar to what the bureau did when allegations were leveled against former White House aide Rob Porter.

An FBI official said, "Upon receipt of the information on the night of September 12, we included it as part of Judge Kavanaugh's background file, as per the standard process."

So it was nothing.
FBI doesn't say that. They said it's something a local jurisdiction would investigate.

the FBI does not now plan to launch a criminal investigation of the matter, which would normally be handled by local authorities, if it was within the statute of limitations. The FBI instead passed the material to the White House, as an update to Kavanaugh's background check

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet here as I haven’t read every page but Phreet did an outstanding podcast on this nomination today.  Highly recommended to all.  

My gawd...does the Left have no shame at all??

What a bunch of losers....was Anita Hill burned out from the last Hail Mary they tried?

They're just pathetic.

My gawd...does the Left have no shame at all??

What a bunch of losers....was Anita Hill burned out from the last Hail Mary they tried?
Supreme Court nominations probably changed permanently with the bull#### that McConnell pulled with Garland. I don't agree that this is a positive, but I expect this to be the new normal.

This is High School decades ago. You guys remember your High School days, decades ago. This is really a stretch even for the wacky left. I had some of my best "times" during high school. Absolutely a waste of time. 

Just another worthless tactic to stop a rolling Trump Train. 

I hope he get another 2  nominations so we can watch more theatrics.  :sleep:

I hope he get another 2  nominations so we can watch more theatrics.  :sleep:
I couldn't even imagine how desperate they can get.

I just do not understand....when did appointing a SCJ that will actually follow the US Constitution become, "making the Court lean right"?

I couldn't even imagine how desperate they can get.

I just do not understand....when did appointing a SCJ that will actually follow the US Constitution become, "making the Court lean right"?
If this is true, then you're purposely ignorant.  Hint:  all Supreme Court justices believe that they follow the Constitution.  That's their job.

Supreme Court nominations probably changed permanently with the bull#### that McConnell pulled with Garland. I don't agree that this is a positive, but I expect this to be the new normal.
You can blame Reid he started the process, McConnel only expanded what Reid started. 

If this is true, then you're purposely ignorant.  Hint:  all Supreme Court justices believe that they follow the Constitution.  That's their job.
No.

The Democrats govern from the courts.  They cannot pass legislation so they try to pack the courts with left-leaning judges that will uphold any silly-### EO that a Democrat POTUS implements.  It is the only way that the Left seems to be able to get "things done".

I just witnessed the best magic trick ever.  I am working with my 11 year old son on his homework for the last 10 minutes, come in here and see a post that sounds just like him.  How is that possible?  It wasn't my 6 year old, she's in bed and all the words were actually spelled correctly.

No.

The Democrats govern from the courts.  The cannot pass legislation so they try to pack the courts with left-leaning judges that will uphold any silly-### EO that a Democrat POTUS implements.  It is the only way that the Left seems to be able to get "things done".
Well, except for Obamacare, right?

Flipping the script by switching up the bills and changing "left" to "right" sounds pretty familiar too.  

Well, except for Obamacare, right?
The left-leaning courts had to rule to uphold it.

You think it would be upheld today?

If the Justices are appointed to uphold the Constitution ...why is the Left so worried about appointing another that will do the same ?

Not really, the left believe in Judicial activism far more than Conservatives in my opinion. They think it's their job to write law rather than support the Constitution.

The left-leaning courts had to rule to uphold it.
Actually, that doesn't really matter.  What matters is the bar you set.  You're essentially saying anything taken to the SC and upheld by the court is "governing by the courts".  If I go and sue for something in the tax cuts and somehow get to the SC with it and they rule that my lawsuit has no merit, this admin is "governing by the courts".

I think perhaps I have given you way more credit than you deserve.

Users who are viewing this thread