What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Revisiting Denver’s cap penalties from the 1990s (1 Viewer)

NE_REVIVAL

Footballguy
Florio at it again.....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/14/revisiting-denvers-cap-penalties-from-the-1990s/

"A Sunday replay of Super Bowl XXXII on NFL Network included post-game podium interviews by Greg Gumbel, then of NBC. And when Gumbel turned to the Denver head coach, Mike Shanahan said this: “I thank [owner] Pat Bowlen for giving the opportunity to compete, [he] gave us all the financial resources to get this thing done.”

Indeed, Shanahan had plenty of financial resources to win the Super Bowl. He actually had more than the rules allowed."...

"The first punishment, a $968,000 fine and the forfeiture of a third-round pick, came in December 2001, due to $29 million in deferred payments to quarterback John Elway and running back Terrell Davis. The second punishment, a $950,00 fine and another lost third-round pick, for cap violations that occurred between 1996 and 1998. The Broncos won the Super Bowl at the end of the 1997 and 1998 seasons."

"Al Davis, the late owner of the Raiders, repeatedly argued that Bowlen should be suspended for the violations. After that epic 2008 overhead-projector press conference held in conjunction with the firing of former Raiders coach Lane Kiffin, Davis said that the Broncos should have asterisks applied to their championships “because they were caught cheating.”

Hey, its the off season and not a lot of news going on.

Its Feb14, if Florio and Al Davis are going to point out the fact that the broncos have never won a Super Bowl without cheating its kind of hard to ignore on a slow news day.

I've never realized the irony of the OP's name and the threads he starts until now. It's good shtick, Bravo.

Hey, its the off season and not a lot of news going on.

Its Feb14, if Florio and Al Davis are going to point out the fact that the broncos have never won a Super Bowl without cheating its kind of hard to ignore on a slow news day.
You're a sad sad little boy.

And exactly how were the Broncos cheating last week?
Where would Peyton be without the PEDS? Everything he did after he went to Europe for the illegal treatments and started getting the PED shipments has an asterisk.

As for the "Topic", its in the news today so its fair game isn't it? If people aren't interested it will quickly die on the vine. I don't think there is much more to say, everyone knows they were cheating when they won those 2 SBs. There is no maybe about it.

I could have posted in the Broncos win thread and do what so many Brady\Pats antagonists do; that is doggedly pollute every single thread. But I didn't do that, I created a specific thread where posters can engage, flame or ignore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else hopes that New England wins it all next year so NE_REVIVAL doesn't die of dehydration from all the tear drops he's losing?

And exactly how were the Broncos cheating last week?
Where would Peyton be without the PEDS? Everything he did after he went to Europe for the illegal treatments and started getting the PED shipments has an asterisk.

As for the "Topic", its in the news today so its fair game isn't it? If people aren't interested it will quickly die on the vine. I don't think there is much more to say, everyone knows they were cheating when they won those 2 SBs. There is no maybe about it.

I could have posted in the Broncos win thread and do what so many Brady\Pats antagonists do; that is doggedly pollute every single thread. But I didn't do that, I created a specific thread where posters can engage, flame or ignore.
Oh, so 5 year old allegations of PED use constitute cheating now?

It's in the news today because Florio was reminded of a 15 year old story while watching TV...what a #####.

Pats fans are such an embarrassment to themselves. Slow news days. Busy news days. The persecution complex just keeps on ticking.

Users who are viewing this thread