What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Grammys - Official Thread (1 Viewer)

11 nominations for Kendrick?  He's good but come on now. I almost feel lIke they are making up for last year with him.

Am I the only one who doesn't get the Kendrick Lamar love?  He is talented, can rap, sing a little, perform, but the hits just aren't there.  ####a was the only song of his I really like.  None of his songs will be timeless classics that people will be jamming to for years.

Am I the only one who doesn't get the Kendrick Lamar love?  He is talented, can rap, sing a little, perform, but the hits just aren't there.  ####a was the only song of his I really like.  None of his songs will be timeless classics that people will be jamming to for years.
He had a few really good ones (##### don't kill my vibe, swimming pools, poetic justice...) but I just can't get into his newer stuff.  Just isn't that great, imo.

Alright???

Also, #### the Grammys a million times for Meghan Trainor and her "Dear Future Husband" garbage beating Courtney Barnett as best new artist.

Also, #### the Grammys a million times for Meghan Trainor and her "Dear Future Husband" garbage beating Courtney Barnett as best new artist.
Meghan has musical talent and she's not a one-hit wonder. BTW, she has several better songs and has good vocals, especially on Like I'm Gonna Use You.

Meghan has musical talent and she's not a one-hit wonder. BTW, she has several better songs and has good vocals, especially on Like I'm Gonna Use You.
I'm pretty sure she won because the voters are old white men, who miss the days when women said things like: "If you'll treat me right / I'll be the perfect wife / Buying groceries"

I thought gaga was pretty good. 

Alice Cooper - How on earth has this dude raked in millions over the years with this crap? 

Bieber is really good.

So is The Weeknd (IMO)

Gaga was terrible but usually good.

####bull is the worst "musical" act in the history of the world.

That's the thing.  This album wasn't meant to have hits.  The entire album was meant to be a timeless classic and it is.  But i dont replay single songs from the album.  WHen i listen i listen to it as a whole.   He showed on his first album he can make hits.  This time around he showed he can make a Grammy winning album that made a statement.

I'm not exactly the demographic they are looking for, but I can tell you that I know and like at least 4 songs from Trainor. I've never heard of Courtney Bennett. :shrug:

Justin Bieber. Has anybody ever done more with less.
Lol.  The kid could play guitar, piano, and drums at 8 years old. He has more talent than 90% of the people on the show last night.  If he looked liked Ed Sheeran or someone unattractive, he'd be loved by everyone.  Because the girls love him, insecure guys think they have to hate him. Very strange.

Lol.  The kid could play guitar, piano, and drums at 8 years old. He has more talent than 90% of the people on the show last night.  If he looked liked Ed Sheeran or someone unattractive, he'd be loved by everyone.  Because the girls love him, insecure guys think they have to hate him. Very strange.
His new music is good, but his voice does nothing for me. No power, poor vocal range. Maybe I've been influenced too much by American Idol or past singers such as Bowie, Prince, Buckley, Mathis, etc.     

SoBeDad said:
His new music is good, but his voice does nothing for me. No power, poor vocal range. Maybe I've been influenced too much by American Idol or past singers such as Bowie, Prince, Buckley, Mathis, etc.     
Yeah, his voice is a little thin.  He'll never be belting out Freddie Mercury-like vocals.   You are right about these vocal shows like The Voice and American Idol. We get spoiled and think everyone should have a powerhouse voice with a crazy octave range.

Northern Voice said:
It's all about the bass.

JuniorNB said:
i'm far from a bieber hater, but you don't think the hate has anything to do with him acting like a gigantic tool for the better part of the last 2 years?

Users who are viewing this thread