What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Texas Rangers 2016 Thread *** - Welp. Sports. (1 Viewer)

Will Venable is still a FA. Could sign him for a L/R platoon with Ruggiano, assuming the kids need at least a half-season more in the minors.

DFW peeps (and @Buck Bradcanon), Frisco cornhole this summer?

RoughRiders Make A Splash

rr-rendering-1.png

Will Venable is still a FA. Could sign him for a L/R platoon with Ruggiano, assuming the kids need at least a half-season more in the minors.
reports that Venable is signing with Cleveland. maybe Austin Jackson to CF, moving DeShields to LF?

Rangers sign Ian Desmond to a 1-year deal. This means they lose their 1st round draft pick (#19 overall). Really don't get this.

GordonGekko said:
As a shortstop, he would still have positional value. And while I think his plate discipline sucks, he will still profile out as a 20/85/15 type of player, which isn't bad at all, considering the relative options out there. Even at his floor, probably a 15/65/8, that's still not the worst thing in the world for a starting shortstop.

Not sure what this leaves for Gallo and/or Mazara. I'm not sure Gallo can learn any more at the minor league level. I'm not sure more time there will curb the strikeout rate.
Except he's not going to be the starting shortstop.

And Gallo is 22 years old with 200 career ABs at AAA, pretty sure he could use some more time in the minors.

I use to live for 9:30pm starts, simply loved them. Watching the Rangers after the rest of the DFW world had called it a night. Now I can barely stay up the entire game. Made it 6 innings last night. Getting old sucks.

one of the more meh seasons so far. 

Can't really seem to get engaged in the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
one of the more meh seasons so far. 

Can't really seem to get engaged in the season.
Agreed. Once the Stars wrap up the Cup, I can focus more on the day to day Rangers.

Yu with 2 scoreless for Frisco last night.

Motown Sweep, Mazara doing Mazara things, hypothetical trades for Trout. Things are fun.

Darvish with a AAA start this week hopefully. 

Great comeback last night. Honestly, I went to bed early and was surprised to see the final score on my phone this morning.

#nevereverquit

Explain to me why it was a ##### move to plunk him in the 8th innning like I'm 5?  I mean the game wasn't over, who were they going to come back at?  Is it because you don't risk losing your starter to an ejection?  

Fun highlights to come out of last night:

• Ranger reporter Emily Jones getting death threats from Toronto fans on twitter. Stay classy, Toronto.
  • Matt Bush getting his first career win. Probably not the way he ever imagined.
  • Joey Bats dropping the "play the game the right way" bomb after the game. Hilarious. 
  • Marcus Stroman: "Zero respect for Odor. Never had respect for him, never will." Brandon McCarthy: "was Bautista winding up to tickle him?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Buck Bradcanon said:
Anybody know Keone Kela's status for this year?  Bullpen could use some reinforcements.
I'm not expecting Kela at all this season. I know they said 3 months, but at his age and control, I would bet management treats him with kid gloves. Tanner should be back after the ASB.

Love Profar coming back up, after all of his stumbles, and just making it work anywhere they need him.

What in the beejeebus is going on with Gallo? Pulled in Thursday's game, hasn't played since?
Back in the lineup tonight. Everything I am reading it was a "manager's decision", to either give him time off due to a slump (for his standards), or a possible time out for a negative attitude. Either way, a day or two off doesn't hurt.

What in the beejeebus is going on with Gallo? Pulled in Thursday's game, hasn't played since?
GM Jon Daniels comments on the Gallo vacation:

Daniels: It's just player development. That's what it comes down to. Part of player development is working on your craft, your swing, your pitching mechanics, your baserunning, the whole deal. Part of it is continuing to develop as a man and grow and mature and improve. Sometimes a manager makes a decision when he doesn't like something he's seeing. Banny uses the term unplugged up here at the big league level. At times in the minor leagues, sometimes a message is reinforced by not playing for a day or two. So that's all it was. No injury, no trade, nothing that thousands of players haven't gone through in the past. It's in the rearview mirror and now we're moving forward.
Sounds like he was grounded for a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread