Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Braktastic

MFL Down?

113 posts in this topic

I'm trying to figure out if MFL is down or it is an issue specific to me.  I am receiving the following message when I click on the URL to my leagues login pages:

LEAGUE ID _____ DOES NOT EXIST ON THIS SERVER FOR THE 2016 SEASON - HOWEVER, IT MAY HAVE BEEN RECENTLY MOVED TO ANOTHER WEB SERVER. YOU MAY SEARCH FOR IT ON OTHER SERVERS ON THIS PAGE.

I actually got that error message a league of mine just now.  Went to another league, came back to the "error league" but it loaded just fine the second time around.

MFL has certainly been tinkering with things.  Had one former site go completely AWOL and a few days later when I went to fix it, it was magically all back to normal.  Some others have had the league banner or background go missing because the images were removed from servers.  I'm just being patient about it but it is obnoxious.

MFL is moving leagues around on their servers, as well as the hosted images.  That is why the leagues may be down for a bit and the images aren't loading properly.  They are also doing it little by little, so not all leagues are affected, only the leagues on the server being moved.

You'll see the # in the URL for your league change which means youll also have to re-set your bookmark.

Edited by fridayfrenzy
1 person likes this

fridayfrenzy, thanks for the explanation!  Now, unfortunately, the new URLs are blocked at work.  I can't win.  :wall:

21 minutes ago, feedyourhead said:

i still can't access my 3 leagues if that helps 

You just bumped a year old thread. MFL is down for everyone right now, they're working on the site.

2 people like this

Yeah, still down. Their last Twitter post on the matter: "Unfortunately, the roll out of 2017 leagues is taking a bit longer than anticipated. Rest assured: no major issues. New ETA: Thursday AM."

No idea when the new NEW ETA is..

Same thing happened last year if my memory serves me right.

5 hours ago, hooptd said:

Same thing happened last year if my memory serves me right.

It did. "We'll be down a couple of days" turned into a week. It's like deja vu all over again. 

Yep. Ridiculous. Have these guys ever heard of underpromise and over deliver? Not a difficult concept but these guys literally have never actually tried applying it. 

It takes a special kind of incompetence to pull this off.  This is probably why they are no longer active on Facebook.

5 minutes ago, jeaton6 said:

Yep. Ridiculous. Have these guys ever heard of underpromise and over deliver? Not a difficult concept but these guys literally have never actually tried applying it. 

They would have to put out an initial estimate of 5x the expected work for that to be successful.  That would be a great notification:

Your Dynasty League MFL Tip - Notice of Scheduled Downtime

The MyFantasyLeague.com web site is in the process of a system upgrade. As part of this process, your fantasy football leagues will not be accessible starting on Monday morning, February 13th. The upgrade will require about 10 days, so we plan to have everything back up and running sometime on Thursday, February 23rd. Thanks in advance for your patience during this scheduled downtime.

Amazon Web Services

Get rid of on-site premise, scale up and down as needed. Remove the server room upgrades/HVAC issues and use your real estate more effectively, gain enterprise security, near faultless and devs can constantly upgrade.   

Still down here 404 not found. They are not really good at this update thing. Get your stuff together MFL, you need better employees.

2 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

It takes a special kind of incompetence to pull this off.  This is probably why they are no longer active on Facebook.

As behind the times as they are regarding technology, it's likely that they have a MySpace page instead of Facebook.

40 minutes ago, Dawg Pound 69 said:

As behind the times as they are regarding technology, it's likely that they have a MySpace page instead of Facebook.

They have a 50 page newsletter they send out with 49 random pages and 1 with the info on it. Forunately they have 3 menus to find it though.

Missing multiple features, and it's now back down.  I think I know who they share a development team with...

2 people like this

Big changes on mobile. First drastic visual change I can ever remember them doing in the 8 years I've been on MFL. Not sure what I think yet. 

7 hours ago, Andrew74 said:

It did. "We'll be down a couple of days" turned into a week. It's like deja vu all over again. 

At least they aren't doing this a freaking week before the NFL draft like last year, that was beyond stupid timing.

44 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Big changes on mobile. First drastic visual change I can ever remember them doing in the 8 years I've been on MFL. Not sure what I think yet. 

Should have been done 8 years ago too. They should be at the bleeding edge considering that it's a pay service and they are up against ESPN + NFL.com and they are free. 

Wow! Looks very modern on the phone. Great update this time if it works.

11 minutes ago, Slider said:

Wow! Looks very modern on the phone. Great update this time if it works.

Swing and a miss

24 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

Swing and a miss

Auctions aren't working yet but everything else seems to be.

6 minutes ago, Slider said:

Mine seems to work great

Try to complete a trade.

Check your league calendar.

Try to do waivers.  Oh they didn't import from last year?  Try to set them up as a commish.

Try to drop multiple players at once

Trade just went through in my league

I can't figure out how to do waivers now. Can someone tell how I'd do this setup

BBID waivers (you can start bidding at 1pm Sun until they run on Wed at 11pm) then we freeze waivers until Thurs night and open them up FCFS until Sunday 1pm kickoff. This used to be easy and I honestly can't figure it out now. :wall:

Also found a small bug, when you use the function to switch weekend schedules (we do that so everyone in the division plays each other weeks 1-3 and 11-13) when you go to switch weeks, the first time it doesn't work. You repeat it and then it works after the 2nd time, just FYI 

Edited by CabinFever

It isn't sending the texts with the validation codes so that we can activate our cell phones and receive notifications via text.  

Also, trading is not working.  We can pull up the page that allows you to check mark the players in the trade but when you actually send it, you get an error.  

1 hour ago, CabinFever said:

I can't figure out how to do waivers now. Can someone tell how I'd do this setup

BBID waivers (you can start bidding at 1pm Sun until they run on Wed at 11pm) then we freeze waivers until Thurs night and open them up FCFS until Sunday 1pm kickoff. This used to be easy and I honestly can't figure it out now. :wall:

Also found a small bug, when you use the function to switch weekend schedules (we do that so everyone in the division plays each other weeks 1-3 and 11-13) when you go to switch weeks, the first time it doesn't work. You repeat it and then it works after the 2nd time, just FYI 

Yeah, my league is very similar and I figured out how (I think so, at least.  Won't know for sure until it happens correctly.)

Here is what I got, and you can let me know if something feels wrong here. 

Under Commish Setup, click on General Add/Drop Setup.  

Then make sure you check mark 'Blind Bid Requests for Locked Players, First Come/First Serve for the Rest'

This will allow you to have both Blind Bidding and First Come First Serve.  

So, since blind bidding is for locked players, scroll down to where it says 'Lock all Free Agents each week on:" and enter Sunday at 1 pm, if that is when you want blind bidding waivers to begin.  

Under the calendar, you can add 'Process Blind Bid Waivers' and set that for Wednesdays at 11 pm each week, and those should process.  

Then, you can go to the calendar again and add 'No Add/Drops Allowed' and set that from Wednesdays at 11 pm until Thursday night at whatever time you want to open first come/first serve.  Just be sure to then add to the calendar that on Thursday nights, 'Unlock All Currently Locked Players.'  Then have that end on Sundays at 1, where the cycle should be complete.  

I would assume that the system will immediately kick over to FCFS, since that is what you check-marked under general settings. Now, it doesn't make sense to not allow drops during that time (IMO), so perhaps you could just get on as commish and turn off waiver abilities or even leave them and monitor that nobody makes any adds until whatever time is specified on Thursday.  Should go pretty smoothly as long as you don't have any chumps in your league that try to sneak something.  If that happens just don't allow and adds/drops for that 24 hour(ish) period.  

Hope I didn't confuse you.  This is what makes sense to me, but perhaps there are easier ways.  

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

when do the 2018 picks come out?

They are out in my league.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

when do the 2018 picks come out?

Some leagues have had them for a long time. If yours doesn't, it's because the league rule is to only allow access to picks one year in advance--so you'll get them as soon as your commish rolls the site over to 2017 I'd guess.

Edited by ConnSKINS26

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Some leagues have had them for a long time. If yours doesn't, it's because the league rule is to only allow access to picks one year in advance--so you'll get them as soon as your commish rolls the site over to 2017 I'd guess.

Any idea when MFL lets you roll over to 2017?