Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Braktastic

MFL Down?

113 posts in this topic

Okay, I'm trying to take some time to figure this out but the system appears to me to be broken.  I'd love someone to correct me.  In the past we did this, "Blind Bid Requests For Locked Players, First Come/First Serve For Rest", with waivers running on Thursday at noon CT, then FCFS until the player's game kicked off.  Anyone dropped was locked until waivers ran the next week.  So ignoring the fact that their help files tell you to go to certain pages for a setting that is not there (actually on a different page), on the "Basic Add/Drop Setup"  it has the following options.

Lock All Free Agents Each Week On:

and

Prevent Owners From Making ANY Add/Drops Between Kickoff of that player's game and the end of the last game of the week?

I have the "Prevent Owners..." set to "Yes", but I don't see a way to turn off the "Lock All Free Agents..." option.  The help files would state these are either/or options.

Also, the "Dropped Players Are Locked Until:" - I assume I would set that to Thursday at noon CT since that's when waivers run and FCFS begins?

TIA.  

Edited by Andrew74
spelling

I would guess that they are still working things out.  I cant remember exactly what I read, but it sounds like that is the case.  We were supposed to have roster cutdowns (dynasty) by the 28th of Feb, but current waivers do not allow drops, without allowing teams to do adds.  MFL knows this cant work so I imagine there is still lots to work out.

Just wait till they get things square on their end. Can't imagine wanting to waste my time finding a workaround for this in February, when it's clear they're still working on things behind the scenes. It's terrible and it's annoying, but just wait.

Am I the only one thinking why did they release the upgrade when it wasn't complete?

1 minute ago, Andrew74 said:

Am I the only one thinking why did they release the upgrade when it wasn't complete?

poor quality control.

Looks pretty simple to me. Maybe I'm wrong.

First you have to have the waivers turned on for the league in the abilities page.

Then start at the beginning of add/drop.

Define when your week starts.  For us and I'm guessing many other leagues that is kickoff of the first flight of Sunday games (Sundays at 1:00 pm EST).  Define if dropped players are locked for a period (for us it is 7 days).  Select the button that defines what FA system you are using (for us it is BB followed by FCFS).  Click the button whether you can add players in games that have already been played or not.  Select whether BB is conditional.

Then if you have any other system other than FCFS you have to lock the players for whenever waivers cannot be run or when your league defines the waiver periods.  

After that you define the dates of the events just like you used to using the mfl format. nothing changed there. Same for how many weeks it run consecutively.  We have a couple offseason BB sessions only, so I would make sure I do not unlock players after those sessions.

Then you define when players unlock.  That used to be defining when your FCFS period started.  For us it is Thursday morning at 8:00 am EST.  When the players are unlocked they can be acquired by FCFS and stay that way until their game starts or the following week starts if your rules are similar to ours and you clicked the appropriate button above.  At the start of the following week the players lock again as stated above.

Done.  Players locked at 1:00 pm Sunday.  BB bidding only starts Sunday until Wed night when BB is processed.  Players unlock on Thursday at 8:00 am for FCFS.  Players open for FCFS until their game starts or Sunday at 1:00 pm.  Players locked all offseason until Thursday morning of week 1, and the 2 offseason BB sessions defined just like before.

It's actually simpler because of the definition of locked/unlocked players, but otherwise its almost exactly the same as before.

Now I know most of you are at least as smart (or dumb) as me.  Trust me, you can handle it.  Put away your Harakiri sword.

Edited by Bronco Billy

3 hours ago, Bronco Billy said:

First you have to have the waivers turned on for the league in the abilities page.

Define when your week starts.  For us and I'm guessing many other leagues that is kickoff of the first flight of Sunday games (Sundays at 1:00 pm EST).  Define if dropped players are locked for a period (for us it is 7 days).  Select the button that defines what FA system you are using (for us it is BB followed by FCFS).  Click the button whether you can add players in games that have already been played or not.  Select whether BB is conditional.

Then if you have any other system other than FCFS you have to lock the players for whenever waivers cannot be run or when your league defines the waiver periods.  

After that you define the dates of the events just like you used to using the mfl format. nothing changed there. Same for how many weeks it run consecutively.  We have a couple offseason BB sessions only, so I would make sure I do not unlock players after those sessions.

Then you define when players unlock.  That used to be defining when your FCFS period started.  For us it is Thursday morning at 8:00 am EST.  When the players are unlocked they can be acquired by FCFS and stay that way until their game starts or the following week starts if your rules are similar to ours and you clicked the appropriate button above.  At the start of the following week the players lock again as stated above.

Done.  Players locked at 1:00 pm Sunday.  BB bidding only starts Sunday until Wed night when BB is processed.  Players unlock on Thursday at 8:00 am for FCFS.  Players open for FCFS until their game starts or Sunday at 1:00 pm.  Players locked all offseason until Thursday morning of week 1, and the 2 offseason BB sessions defined just like before.

It's actually simpler because of the definition of locked/unlocked players, but otherwise its almost exactly the same as before.

Now I know most of you are at least as smart (or dumb) as me.  Trust me, you can handle it.  Put away your Harakiri sword.

That doesn't sound bad at all, assuming it works the way it is supposed to.

Edited by JohnnyU

41 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

That doesn't sound bad at all, assuming it works the way it is supposed to.

It really does look to be very similar. 

I noticed that if I use the Ocean Blue skin the new font doesn't look as bad.   The All-American and Red and Black are my other choices, but I don't like them as much as the Ocean Blue.  It just makes the site more readable. 

Edited:  The Brass skin looks decent as well with these new fonts.

Edited by JohnnyU

19 hours ago, Bronco Billy said:

Just noticed that you do not need to end the FCFS events at the start of the following week. In fact, you cannot do that at the calendar event page.  It confused me for a minute until I went back to the initial Add/Drop page, where there is a button to lock players at the start of the league week (Sunday early kickoff). It took care of itself there by locking players then and therefore the FCFS event didn't need to be ended.

A trade went thru in our league, which put the owner over the roster limit, he tried to drop a player by selecting the add/drop feature.  After selecting the player he wanted to drop and then selecting the "perform add/drop" feature, nothing happens.  I tried to drop a player myself and couldn't also.  Has anyone tried just to drop a player yet?  Our commish has followed the suggestions here on how to setup according to the suggestions from here and all abilities are selected for the owners.

1 hour ago, Kevrunner said:

A trade went thru in our league, which put the owner over the roster limit, he tried to drop a player by selecting the add/drop feature.  After selecting the player he wanted to drop and then selecting the "perform add/drop" feature, nothing happens.  I tried to drop a player myself and couldn't also.  Has anyone tried just to drop a player yet?  Our commish has followed the suggestions here on how to setup according to the suggestions from here and all abilities are selected for the owners.

Worked fine for me.

Edited by Hankmoody

The new MFL interface on the iPhone is terrible. I like getting the full browser. If I wanted a mobile set up I'd use the MFL...which I also use.

Anyone else think that? 

I did not like at first but have gotten used to it.  Actually having it full screen has even become a plus to me.  I have also adjusted my home page setup which also helped.  I would suggest adding features (such as my links to link reports such as rosters, player stats, etc.)

52 minutes ago, Portis 26 said:

The font is too small for me to read easily. Anyone know how to increase the size of it?

5 seconds in their help center searching on "font"

3. My page fonts are too big (or too small, or hard to read) - how do I fix that?
Answer:

You can change the font size and style on the For Commissioners > Setup > Appearance Setup > Fonts Setup page.

Default Font - Using the samples as a guide, select the style of the font from the pull-down list.

Font Size - Using the samples as a guide, select the size of the font from the pull-down list.

NOTE: Not all web browsers are capable of properly displaying all fonts.

When finished, you MUST click on the Save Font Settings button in order to apply your changes.

Once you save the changed settings, you might need to clear your cache to see the updated results. The easiest way to clear your cache is by pressing and holding the "Shift" key down on your keyboard when pressing the "reload" (or "refresh") button on your web browser.

NOTE: Custom fonts may not override colors defined as part of a league skin (on the Select A Skin screen). If you'd like to customize fonts, you should select "None" for a skin on the "Select A Skin" page.  Technically savvy customers, however, can use CSS to override skin fonts as explained in our Advanced Customization Guide .

Edited by Hankmoody

2 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

5 seconds in their help center searching on "font"

3. My page fonts are too big (or too small, or hard to read) - how do I fix that?
Answer:

You can change the font size and style on the For Commissioners > Setup > Appearance Setup > Fonts Setup page.

Default Font - Using the samples as a guide, select the style of the font from the pull-down list.

Font Size - Using the samples as a guide, select the size of the font from the pull-down list.

NOTE: Not all web browsers are capable of properly displaying all fonts.

When finished, you MUST click on the Save Font Settings button in order to apply your changes.

Once you save the changed settings, you might need to clear your cache to see the updated results. The easiest way to clear your cache is by pressing and holding the "Shift" key down on your keyboard when pressing the "reload" (or "refresh") button on your web browser.

NOTE: Custom fonts may not override colors defined as part of a league skin (on the Select A Skin screen). If you'd like to customize fonts, you should select "None" for a skin on the "Select A Skin" page.  Technically savvy customers, however, can use CSS to override skin fonts as explained in our Advanced Customization Guide .

There is no fonts set up page.

Here is what there is under Apparance Setup:

19 hours ago, The Scorpion said:

The new MFL interface on the iPhone is terrible. I like getting the full browser. If I wanted a mobile set up I'd use the MFL...which I also use.

Anyone else think that? 

Agreed!

2 hours ago, Portis 26 said:

You'll want to open a ticket with them then to see where it's been moved.

A browser option would be hold down CTRL and use mouse scroll to zoom in and out.  This may mean you have to reset the view on other pages/tabs.

5 hours ago, Portis 26 said:

No surprise.  I am getting the distinct impression from my own attempts to use it that the Help Center is still describing the layout of the previous 20 years and has no content for the new redesigned layout...

I'm sure all of the FAQs and answers are from 2016 or before, none are for the new rollout.  I sent a ticket in with a problem, their answer was that if I looked at the FAQs I would have been able to fix the problem.  Anyway I did look at the FAQs and still sent in the ticket, they just copied and pasted the exact answer that was in the FAQs.  Still didn't fix my problem, so I just sent in another ticket.

1 hour ago, Kevrunner said:

I'm sure all of the FAQs and answers are from 2016 or before, none are for the new rollout.  I sent a ticket in with a problem, their answer was that if I looked at the FAQs I would have been able to fix the problem.  Anyway I did look at the FAQs and still sent in the ticket, they just copied and pasted the exact answer that was in the FAQs.  Still didn't fix my problem, so I just sent in another ticket.

This rollout is terrible...

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Portis 26 said:

To be fair, it was clearly stated that was the 5 second answer to your problem. Not the correct answer to your problem.

It looks like they fixed where you can drop players now from the add drop link. However, they created a new problem...players are showing up for waivers requests. Not sure when they would process, I assume for me it's blind bidding. I fixed that by taking away ability to do add/drops, you can still drop players but no one shows up in the add windows.

Another problem arose though, when someone dropped someone, it only locks that player for a max of 7 days, depending on your setting. So even with no add/drops set in calendar, it will let someone add that player through FCFS, since they are tied into locked and unlocked players. Which is why I turned off add/drop abilities. At least I think that's how it would work. My league locks players for 1 day after being dropped, and he shows in the locked players until list by himself.

So does anyone have any suggestions for enlarging the font? It is designed for eagle-eyed adolescents, not weak-eyed middle-aged gentlemen.

Went to correct a time in when my FCFS starts in one of my leagues, and found I can't. The event is missing (unlock all players at this time event). Makes you re-select an event and only no trades allowed and no taxi squad moves allowed are available. In another league it's only no injured reserve moves instead of taxi squad. You can edit draft and auction times still.

2 hours ago, Portis 26 said:

So does anyone have any suggestions for enlarging the font? It is designed for eagle-eyed adolescents, not weak-eyed middle-aged gentlemen.

Have you tried CTRL + mouse scroll or CTRL + the plus and minus keys (+ and -) yet?  You don't need to use shift with + button to zoom so technically it's CTRL =

22 minutes ago, mike11162 said:

Went to correct a time in when my FCFS starts in one of my leagues, and found I can't. The event is missing (unlock all players at this time event). Makes you re-select an event and only no trades allowed and no taxi squad moves allowed are available. In another league it's only no injured reserve moves instead of taxi squad. You can edit draft and auction times still.

Never mind, I had add/drop off in abilities and that has to be on to edit the add/drop times. I was able to fix it when I did that.

21 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

Have you tried CTRL + mouse scroll or CTRL + the plus and minus keys (+ and -) yet?  You don't need to use shift with + button to zoom so technically it's CTRL =

Thank you, that works!

Probably depends on the lg. Is it a MFL lg or a private lg. My lgs not run by MFL we been trading 18 picks since the update. 

10 hours ago, starks said:

Anyone heard when 10's will open up? Was hoping to dip my toe in this weekend.

IIRC they originally said the week after the SuperBowl. I haven't seen any updates since.

13 hours ago, starks said:

Anyone heard when 10's will open up? Was hoping to dip my toe in this weekend.

Monday 2/27 according to MFL's twitter page.