What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vikings - Valhalla (1 Viewer)

Nice.  I was just getting ready to bump the season 3 thread because I didn't see one for 4.  Watching some of the S3 eps playing now on History.

Seems like it may be a Bjorn heavy season given the promos so far. Think Ragnar buys it? I'll be slightly bummed if they don't do the whole pit full of snakes thing whenever he does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still in love with Logatha/Lagertha/whatever it really is! :wub:

Floki isn't biting it anytime soon...he sows up in several of the commercial previews for the season. Ragnar's going to let him off somehow.

A bit surprised by the depth of Rollo's betrayal. That he accepted the French Kings offer was hardly surprising, but to soon after lead a raid against the Viking fortifications? Brutal.

Oh and just because we can now . . .

winnick2.jpg

Hopefully this coming of age for Bjorn gives him a backbone. He isn't ready to be a central character on the show yet but needs to be whenever they kill off Ragnar,

Rollo sure is the dandy now. Looks like he could try out for membership in the BeeGees. I didn't realize they had hair driers back in the dark ages.

The rescue the queen fight scene at the end of last week was really good.

Rollo sure is the dandy now. Looks like he could try out for membership in the BeeGees. I didn't realize they had hair driers back in the dark ages.

The rescue the queen fight scene at the end of last week was really good.
:goodposting:

Really enjoying this season so far.. Tough to top the Paris battles last season, but this one is getting close to being my favorite season so far :popcorn:

:goodposting:

Really enjoying this season so far.. Tough to top the Paris battles last season, but this one is getting close to being my favorite season so far :popcorn:
I am the exact opposite.  I am struggling with this season so far.  It seems like they have way too many smaller story lines going right now.

I am the exact opposite.  I am struggling with this season so far.  It seems like they have way too many smaller story lines going right now.
Other then last season where there was basically one story line .. Attack Paris, this has been the easiest season for me to follow..

Seasons 1 & 2 had so many episodes that were a :whoosh: to me that it took re-watching them to catch on.. and even then I found it easy to get lost..

They probably have fragmented things too much. But I'm still liking this season more than most of the previous 2 simply because Athelstan is gone. Didn't like the character and his scenes were mostly a big waste of time for me. I think the only times I paid much attention to scenes he was in was when he and Judith were getting it on.

Between Judith, Lagertha, and the French spy girl they've got some quality scenery this season. Even the crazy English queen is looking better than I remember.

I'm a little lost. Who were those people in that scene where the child is freezing and the man (Aethelwulf maybe?) feeds the mother and tells her "You must live"?

I'm a little lost. Who were those people in that scene where the child is freezing and the man (Aethelwulf maybe?) feeds the mother and tells her "You must live"?
The son of the King of Wessex was sent to retrieve the son of Ragnar and hier to a neighboring ally. I don't get the Wessex story line this season. Last I remember the King ordered his son to slay all the Nords who were promised land and were settling in farm land?  Then the story moves on to just Paris for the seige and now we are brought back to a un-nord settled story line.  I'm guessing it is for future story with the son of Ragnar, but am I missing something?

I also don't like what they did the last 2 episodes with Rollo.  Rollo would never be the one to give in to adjustment this quickly. And he betrayed the rest of his countrymen too easily. Rollo always seemed to care about the Nordic culture in wanting to rule.  His only problem was with his brother as a roadblock to being king.   

Had a feeling he wasn't going to kill Floki.

The bear scene was pretty cool - looking forward to the showdown vs the Beserker next week. Think he called him the beserker?

I liked Lagertha's ruler/love interest until he made the dumb mistake of having her son killed not 2 minutes after he tells her he loves her.  I mean telling Lagertha that he hopes she isn't too old to bare children was grounds for castration in some fashion in itself.    

Had a feeling he wasn't going to kill Floki.

The bear scene was pretty cool - looking forward to the showdown vs the Beserker next week. Think he called him the beserker?
Interesting. He just killed one bear and now...

Etymology

The name berserker derives from the Old Norse berserkr (plural berserkir). This expression most likely arose from their reputed habit of wearing a kind of shirt or coat (serkr) made from the pelt of a bear (ber-) during battle. The bear was one of the animals representing Odin, and by wearing such a pelt the warriors sought to gain the strength of a bear and the favor of Odin.

The element ber- was sometimes interpreted as berr-, meaning "bare", which Snorri Sturluson understood to mean that the warriors went into battle bare-chested, or "without armor" as men of Odin.[5] This view has since been largely abandoned.[6]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berserker

:eek: Ragnar and the rest got their a$$es handed to them by trader Rollo. 

Now Ragnar is addicted to the Chinese herb and completely lost it..

The whole wander/prophet sleeping with Ragnar's wife but Floki has visions he is doing her was very confusing... 

:eek: Ragnar and the rest got their a$$es handed to them by trader Rollo. 

Now Ragnar is addicted to the Chinese herb and completely lost it..

The whole wander/prophet sleeping with Ragnar's wife but Floki has visions he is doing her was very confusing... 
That was hard to understand.  Maybe the wanderer represents infidelity in a general sense - the women staying at home whoring around while the men are off in battle?

Not into this as much this season. I have 5 episodes on the DVR waiting to be watched. It seems like there are way too many story lines going on and I am having a hard time following.

Not into this as much this season. I have 5 episodes on the DVR waiting to be watched. It seems like there are way too many story lines going on and I am having a hard time following.
Read that earlier in the thread by others.. and yet, for me it was easier then other seasons. .. well until the whole Floki doing Ragnar's wife but not really as she was doing the Wander after he just did another broad in a barn. :confused:

Read that earlier in the thread by others.. and yet, for me it was easier then other seasons. .. well until the whole Floki doing Ragnar's wife but not really as she was doing the Wander after he just did another broad in a barn. :confused:
The whole episode was a bit off, which sucks, as it was a pretty cool point in the plot.

Ragnar is just a mess - and they got their asses kicked.

Not sure how many episodes are left but he needs to get his #### together.

Wow, that was brutal. Right wen Lagertha's group started wading through the swamp I knew they were in trouble. And then for the boats to just be stuck in the river like that, wow. Not a good day for our Norse friends.

Effin' Rollo...

This season has gone steadily downhill since Bjorne took care of that "berserker." Some really lazy/bad writing this season.

Gr00vus said:
This season has gone steadily downhill since Bjorne took care of that "berserker." Some really lazy/bad writing this season.
Easily the least interesting season so far.

Easily the least interesting season so far.
It's all over the place, and not in a good way. They've tried to game of thrones this thing, when it should have just focused on Ragnar and his sons -  maybe the start of Normandy would have been o.k., but I don't need the perspective of all the other kings. Just take it from the Viking perspective. And this thing with the Chinese woman - apart from the low likelihood of a Chinese woman being anywhere near that part of the world in the first place, and having a seemingly copious stash of opium that somehow never got confiscated while she was slave traded all the way to Sweeden, of course she's a daughter of the Chinese emperor. :rolleyes:

It's all over the place, and not in a good way. They've tried to game of thrones this thing, when it should have just focused on Ragnar and his sons -  maybe the start of Normandy would have been o.k., but I don't need the perspective of all the other kings. Just take it from the Viking perspective. And this thing with the Chinese woman - apart from the low likelihood of a Chinese woman being anywhere near that part of the world in the first place, and having a seemingly copious stash of opium that somehow never got confiscated while she was slave traded all the way to Sweeden, of course she's a daughter of the Chinese emperor. :rolleyes:
Yea, the Chinese thing is very :loco:  and I can do without the Ragnor the Junkie thing too.

I am having a hard time figuring out why they are spending time in Mercia. For a while, I thought it had to do with Monk or the Vikings coming back... but the Monk is dead and the Vikings seem to have no interest in going back to the British Isles.

And I don't get the whole wanderer/demi-god or whatever the heck is going on either.

Just has not been as good as in the past.

I am having a hard time figuring out why they are spending time in Mercia. For a while, I thought it had to do with Monk or the Vikings coming back... but the Monk is dead and the Vikings seem to have no interest in going back to the British Isles.
If you're not avoiding "spoilers" (and this assumes the show will stick to some of the main points of the legend) check out Ragnar's (and his sons') "history" on wikipedia. I imagine the Vikings and the British Isles will meet again in the show (if they get renewed).

If you're not avoiding "spoilers" (and this assumes the show will stick to some of the main points of the legend) check out Ragnar's (and his sons') "history" on wikipedia. I imagine the Vikings and the British Isles will meet again in the show (if they get renewed).
I am not as up on my Norse history as I could be. I do know how they used some historical people and rolled them into the characters we have and how some of it actually plays out in history such as with Normans/Normandy and the eventual conquest of Britain by the Normans which I found interesting. I know bits of history for Ragnar, the sons and Rollo but missing big chunks. I think I rather keep that way for now.

I am not as up on my Norse history as I could be. I do know how they used some historical people and rolled them into the characters we have and how some of it actually plays out in history such as with Normans/Normandy and the eventual conquest of Britain by the Normans which I found interesting. I know bits of history for Ragnar, the sons and Rollo but missing big chunks. I think I rather keep that way for now.
O.k., suffice it to say, I think there's a strong probability that the show has Vikings revisit the British Isles if the series continues.

I do agree on the wanderer storyline confusing and out of place as well as the chinese emperors daughter... but other than last weeks episode I feel this season has been well done. :shrug:

that was so super cool seriously made me want to go invade ireland take that to the bank bromigos 

Now THAT was a finale !!

Freakin fantastic
What's the guesstimate on how many years went by?  How is Bjorn not king by now?  Dd they just all sit around waiting on him to come back, or is Aslaug ruling as queen?

I always find it funny how main characters are able to find each other in the middle of a battle and have a personal fight scene.  But, man, what a knock down brawl that was.

What's the guesstimate on how many years went by?  How is Bjorn not king by now?  Dd they just all sit around waiting on him to come back, or is Aslaug ruling as queen?

I always find it funny how main characters are able to find each other in the middle of a battle and have a personal fight scene.  But, man, what a knock down brawl that was.
Remember seeing somewhere that 7 years had passed.

Battle scene on the river was really well done.

Curious to see if Lagertha survives?

That ending sucked.big battle then time warp 12 years into the future? 

I know they are setting up alfred vs the sons of ragnar but seems kinda lazy

Users who are viewing this thread