What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bernie Sanders HQ! *A decent human being. (7 Viewers)

Close but no cigar Bernie.  Much further than I thought we would get.  It is a shame you now have to endorse a candidate who will not fight for your ideas.  Hopefully you'll run again in 4 or 8 years.

Sanders ran a great campaign and accomplished a lot.

One of the many things he showed us was that campaigns really can flourish based on real ideas to make this country better instead of juvenile name-calling and a counterproductive "us vs them" mentality.  I'm glad to see his supporters continue to uphold those ideals.
I poured a drink for tim and he never came back.  Thirsty?

Honestly I'm surprised at the "concessions" he was able to get from both the Clinton campaign and the Dem party platform.  I'm no historian but off the top of my head I can't think of a primary campaign that accomplished more without winning the nomination.

So it begins.

The first of the Sanders followers has won her primary.  Zephyr Teachout is the Democratic Nominee for New York's 19th Congressional District.  A GE win would flip a seat to the Democrats.
She ran unsuccessfully for the Democratic nomination for NY governor a few years back against incumbent Andrew Cuomo.  Had no chance against his political machine but I found her to be pretty impressive from what I saw.  Her running mate for Lt. Gov was Tim Wu, the Columbia professor/lawyer who coined the phrase net neutrality.

We knew this day was coming but that doesn't make it any easier. Very, very sad day.  You have to wonder if Bernie purposefully scheduled this on Prime day hoping it would get a little less attention.

I'm not going to hate on Bernie for supporting Hillary. He had to make a deal to get anything he campaigned for or at least lip service for it. I really don't expect Hillary to do much of it but there is an importance to getting it in there. So this was inevitable. What he accomplished this cycle was yuuge and I hope it has a lasting effect. Remember guys it's the message not the messenger. Bernie has done his part. He did it with honesty and class. Let us continue the fight now because we must. And let's celebrate the man who has given us a national voice which is ignored at the establishments peril.

Thank you Bernie for all you have done and will do, you're the man.

I'm not going to hate on Bernie for supporting Hillary. He had to make a deal to get anything he campaigned for or at least lip service for it. I really don't expect Hillary to do much of it but there is an importance to getting it in there. So this was inevitable. What he accomplished this cycle was yuuge and I hope it has a lasting effect. Remember guys it's the message not the messenger. Bernie has done his part. He did it with honesty and class. Let us continue the fight now because we must. And let's celebrate the man who has given us a national voice which is ignored at the establishments peril.

Why not?  He's being pragmatic.  Something you seem to want to reject from all others this cycle.

I still unsubscribed from his mailing list today :kicksrock:

Sad day for the nation imo

From everything I've read this endorsement had a lot of behind the scenes work to it. There truly has been a collaborative effort working on the party platform.

Why not?  He's being pragmatic.  Something you seem to want to reject from all others this cycle.
I'm  not against pragmatism per se. But you confuse pragmatism with small ball right leaning bull####. I am against being a corporate whore. I am against empty pants suits who seem to have no moral grounding that isn't driven by poll data.

Sigh.There is no there there with Hillary. She'll say anything to get one more vote. She has proven that her word is pretty meaningless and she has been on the wrong side of history way too often. She still is. And will be until her donor class masters  say different.

Well that's your call of xourae and unlike some I will not berate you for what you feel you must do. I would ask you to reconsider though, this fight isn't over and Bernie isn't quitting it. It's just a new battleground.
I agree with NCC here. While I'd certainly prefer Sanders supporters to vote for Clinton in November, I'm more interested in keeping everyone engaged in working their asses off to ensure down ballot success in off year elections. And it's fine if it's not a straight D ticket you are pushing but maybe Bernie will be highlighting some progressives who need funding or phone banking. Still a long way to go and lots of different fronts to battle on. 

I agree with NCC here. While I'd certainly prefer Sanders supporters to vote for Clinton in November, I'm more interested in keeping everyone engaged in working their asses off to ensure down ballot success in off year elections. And it's fine if it's not a straight D ticket you are pushing but maybe Bernie will be highlighting some progressives who need funding or phone banking. Still a long way to go and lots of different fronts to battle on. 
Exactly

I'm  not against pragmatism per se. But you confuse pragmatism with small ball right leaning bull####. I am against being a corporate whore. I am against empty pants suits who seem to have no moral grounding that isn't driven by poll data.

Sigh.There is no there there with Hillary. She'll say anything to get one more vote. She has proven that her word is pretty meaningless and she has been on the wrong side of history way too often. She still is. And will be until her donor class masters  say different.
She's got some pretty firm core beliefs if you care to look.  She led the charge for health care reform, she's consistent on giving need to children and women, and she's been consistently hawkish.  

However, I'm not sure why her moving her positions (i.e. being pragmatic) is an issue.  We expect our elected officials to carry out OUR will.  Sure, we also expect them to sometimes stick to their own principles, but an official that is either always rejecting the opinion of the public or always accepting the opinion of the public is not at all desirable.  

It would be a gas if she picks him for VP.
Now that would make for some electoral excitement. Heck she might even get that vote I've been withholding. But no way. The people who write her checks will make sure that neither he or Warren are the VP. I think it's going to be Cory Booker. This makes political sense in shoring up the minority vote and Booker is very Wall Street friendly. Win, Win.

I still unsubscribed from his mailing list today :kicksrock:

Sad day for the nation imo
A rather sad response to his announcement IMO. As Tim and I have said for months during the primaries we would enthusiastically support and vote for Sanders if he got the nomination. And Hillary not only would have supported him but would also have vigorously campaigned for him as she did for Obama in 2008 (reason being 4 years of Trump as President would be a disaster for liberals and progressives).

I hope that you only represent a minority of Sanders supporters in this nation, but I guess we will see come November.

Last edited by a moderator:
She's got some pretty firm core beliefs if you care to look.  She led the charge for health care reform, she's consistent on giving need to children and women, and she's been consistently hawkish.  

However, I'm not sure why her moving her positions (i.e. being pragmatic) is an issue.  We expect our elected officials to carry out OUR will.  Sure, we also expect them to sometimes stick to their own principles, but an official that is either always rejecting the opinion of the public or always accepting the opinion of the public is not at all desirable.  
She is done leading the charge for much of anything and has been since she was elected. Well except stuff for her donors and lip service. Oh and that consistently hawkish thing? Yeah that is a serious problem. I go with Ike on that one. We have pounded enough plowshares into swords time to turn it around. And she will not do that. She is going to get us into another ground war in the Middle East I fear. And that is not something that is for the betterment of this country,

Now that would make for some electoral excitement. Heck she might even get that vote I've been withholding. But no way. The people who write her checks will make sure that neither he or Warren are the VP. I think it's going to be Cory Booker. This makes political sense in shoring up the minority vote and Booker is very Wall Street friendly. Win, Win.
I think she took Warren for a test spin.  I think she's taking him for one now.  I'll be interested to see what happens.

I think she took Warren for a test spin.  I think she's taking him for one now.  I'll be interested to see what happens.
I think she is taking progressives for a ride and when she wins the WH she will pull an Obama. She will say thanks for the vote suckers now get out until I need you in four years.

I think she is taking progressives for a ride and when she wins the WH she will pull an Obama. She will say thanks for the vote suckers now get out until I need you in four years.
I'm willing to live with her pulling an Obama provided that she first overhauls one Big Thing just like he did.  Like adding a true public option to the Affordable Care Act. And then appoints Supreme Court Justices that interpret the law generally in the ways that I do, as Obama has. 

Beats the #### out of Trump.

I'm willing to live with her pulling an Obama provided that she first overhauls one Big Thing just like he did.  Like adding a true public option to the Affordable Care Act. And then appoints Supreme Court Justices that interpret the law generally in the ways that I do, as Obama has. 

Beats the #### out of Trump.
Just like I won't hate on Bernie I won't hate on the roughly 85% of Bernie voters polling suggests will vote Hillary. It will probably be in the 90s when all is said and done. Everyone must make that call for themselves and everyone will have their reason. That's cool. But for me i just can't. She is the epitome of everything I hate about the current corrupted system. So everyday I get more sure of a vote for Johnson. I just feel like while I disagree on a lot with him he is still an honest guy. He is trying to do what he thinks is best for the country not his wallet.

And in the end that means a lot to me. More than it used to. I used to be all about my side. Then over the last ten years or so I have realized it isn't my side. Someone else bought it out from under me. It doesn't represent me. It doesn't care about me. So while I'll fight to get it back I won't support someone just because there is a D behind their name. They have to earn my vote now. They earn it with integrity. They earn it with honesty. They earn it by supporting the 99% over the donor class. Hillary fails all those tests for me.

I'm on board with that issue whenever folks are truly being disenfranchised. It gets stale when Bernie supporters use it as an excuse as to why he lost, when the facts suggest that Hillary was hurt far more by voters being disenfranchised that Bernie. :shrug:  
Multiple independent studies have concluded fraud was rampant in this cycle on the Democratic side. The person most hurt by it was Bernie. This isn't me saying it, it's people like Stanford University saying it.

Users who are viewing this thread