What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bernie Sanders HQ! *A decent human being. (4 Viewers)

So, any shorthand scoop or rumor on the nature of what the President and Bernie discussed today?
a little bit of everything according to Sanders. Radio said the Pres is being very even handed with regard to the election.
This is a pretty impressive signal. Others here mentioned yesterday or so that the president wanted to talk about his Fed appointment which Sanders is blocking, but there is no reason they could not have done that by videoconference. Seems pretty extraordinary to be called directly to the WH for all to see.

I will say this. I have never, ever even considered donating money to a politician until this election, for Bernie. I didn't but I actually considered it. I think this says more about the alternatives than it does about him though.

I will say this. I have never, ever even considered donating money to a politician until this election, for Bernie. I didn't but I actually considered it. I think this says more about the alternatives than it does about him though.
Join us, Clifford. If he polls well it encourages more of his type in the ensuing elections. That money, even just a few bucks, can help. Was my first time donating as well. He's got an uphill battle but it's doable.

So, any shorthand scoop or rumor on the nature of what the President and Bernie discussed today?
Bernie Sanders says he and President Barack Obama talked foreign policy, the economy and "a little bit of politics," during their first extended sit-down since the Vermont senator's presidential campaign jolted the race for the Democratic nomination.

Sinn Fein - I admire your enthusiasm, even if I think you go way too far in demonizing Hillary.

I'm interested to see how you react if/when Bernie endorses Hillary.

Sinn Fein - I admire your enthusiasm, even if I think you go way too far in demonizing Hillary.

I am certain that if Bernie loses the nomination, he will support his good friend, Hillary Clinton.

I will not support her.

I think Clinton would make a great policy wonk. I think she would make a terrible president.

:shrug:

I am certain that if Bernie loses the nomination, he will support his good friend, Hillary Clinton.I will not support her.

I think Clinton would make a great policy wonk. I think she would make a terrible president.

One thing we can agree on is Bernie's authenticity and honesty. If he says Hillary would make a great President and throws his support behind her, why would you doubt his judgment?

I am certain that if Bernie loses the nomination, he will support his good friend, Hillary Clinton.I will not support her.

One thing we can agree on is Bernie's authenticity and honesty. If he says Hillary would make a great President and throws his support behind her, why would you doubt his judgment?
:lmao:

Because I don't rely on others to make my decisions for me?

I have seen her record, I have heard her speak. I have a pretty good sense of what she is about. While she is a terrible campaigner, she is a seasoned politician - maybe better than any politician in recent memory. She knows how to gain favor/money/power in a power-hungry world.

I don't like politics as usual. I don't like the way politicians are influenced by benefactors and not all constituents.

AnonymousBob said:
Clifford said:
Join us, Clifford. If he polls well it encourages more of his type in the ensuing elections. That money, even just a few bucks, can help. Was my first time donating as well. He's got an uphill battle but it's doable.
I did

Bernie playing dirty politics - he speaks the truth:

Bernie SandersVerified account

‏@BernieSanders

Bernie Sanders: speaking tonight in Mason City, Iowa.

Hillary Clinton: at investment firm fundraiser in Philadelphia.
And while she was in Iowa today Bernie was enjoying the optics of a White House visit...

Bernie starting to act like the lead dog in the nomination process - throws down the gauntlet on the "debates" debate:

MASON CITY, Iowa — Hours after Hillary Clinton ratcheted up her pressure on him to accept an invitation to an unsanctioned debate on Feb. 4, Bernie Sanders escalated the debate by calling for three new debates.

"From the beginning of this campaign Sen. Sanders has called for more debates. Secretary Clinton has not. Now she is asking to change the rules to schedule a debate next week that is not sanctioned by the DNC. Why is that? The answer is obvious. The dynamics of the race have changed and Sen. Sanders has significant momentum," said Sanders campaign manager Jeff Weaver in a statement on Wednesday night, while Sanders was speaking to a packed audience here.

"Sen. Sanders is happy to have more debates but we are not going to schedule them on an ad hoc basis at the whim of the Clinton campaign. If Secretary Clinton wants more debates that's great. We propose three additional debates. One in March, April and May and none on a Friday, Saturday or holiday weekend. And all of the three Democratic candidates must be invited. If the Clinton campaign will commit to this schedule, we would ask the DNC to arrange a debate in New Hampshire on Feb. 4."

Bernie starting to act like the lead dog in the nomination process - throws down the gauntlet on the "debates" debate:

MASON CITY, Iowa — Hours after Hillary Clinton ratcheted up her pressure on him to accept an invitation to an unsanctioned debate on Feb. 4, Bernie Sanders escalated the debate by calling for three new debates.

"From the beginning of this campaign Sen. Sanders has called for more debates. Secretary Clinton has not. Now she is asking to change the rules to schedule a debate next week that is not sanctioned by the DNC. Why is that? The answer is obvious. The dynamics of the race have changed and Sen. Sanders has significant momentum," said Sanders campaign manager Jeff Weaver in a statement on Wednesday night, while Sanders was speaking to a packed audience here.

"Sen. Sanders is happy to have more debates but we are not going to schedule them on an ad hoc basis at the whim of the Clinton campaign. If Secretary Clinton wants more debates that's great. We propose three additional debates. One in March, April and May and none on a Friday, Saturday or holiday weekend. And all of the three Democratic candidates must be invited. If the Clinton campaign will commit to this schedule, we would ask the DNC to arrange a debate in New Hampshire on Feb. 4."
Boom.

Bernie Sanders at a Crossroads: Attack Hillary Clinton or Stay Positive?...The senator has prided himself on running an inspiring, issue-oriented campaign, and he speaks often of how he is not interested in tearing Mrs. Clinton down.

But the decision he is now grappling with echoes questions voiced by his supporters as Mr. Sanders finds himself within striking distance of Mrs. Clinton in Iowa: Does he have the stomach to directly attack her, and potentially defeat her, or will he be satisfied having injected important issues into the race and preserved his well-earned reputation for eschewing negative campaigning?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/28/us/politics/bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton-iowa.html

Yes, what did the Big Chief want to talk about up close and personal, what indeed....

Getting a little close to the flame, methinks...

Last edited by a moderator:

This is going to have to get way out of hand for the DNC not to cowtow to HRC.

Bernie playing dirty politics - he speaks the truth:

Bernie SandersVerified account

‏@BernieSanders

Bernie Sanders: speaking tonight in Mason City, Iowa.

Hillary Clinton: at investment firm fundraiser in Philadelphia.
And while she was in Iowa today Bernie was enjoying the optics of a White House visit...
You get invited to the White House, you go, no questions asked. Are you attempting to make a point to the contrary?

I wonder if any candidate would want to try and control oil prices instead of having OPEC do it over here. We don't use their oil just set a price for the stuff we pump. Guess it's not that easy

I wonder if any candidate would want to try and control oil prices instead of having OPEC do it over here. We don't use their oil just set a price for the stuff we pump. Guess it's not that easy
Most persuasive prose I've read in in the past 30 seconds.

I am certain that if Bernie loses the nomination, he will support his good friend, Hillary Clinton.

I will not support her.

She would make a terrible wonk because she is a just a shill for the highest bidder right now

MASON CITY, Iowa Hours after Hillary Clinton ratcheted up her pressure on him to accept an invitation to an unsanctioned debate on Feb. 4, Bernie Sanders escalated the debate by calling for three new debates.

Why demand O'Malley be included? Dude should drop out already. If under 5% he shouldn't be taking up space.

I think the Trump/Bernie voters, a lot of them, are non voters or not usually interested in politics types and these guys are drawing them out of the woodwork. Im the opposite, none of the major candidates on either side interest me I might sit this one out. However of all the candidates. Bernie seems like the most normal dude and I like that about him. It's refreshing

proninja said:
I think the Trump/Bernie voters, a lot of them, are non voters or not usually interested in politics types and these guys are drawing them out of the woodwork. Im the opposite, none of the major candidates on either side interest me I might sit this one out. However of all the candidates. Bernie seems like the most normal dude and I like that about him. It's refreshing
Two things:

I don't think Trump and Bernie voters have much in common at all

I'm just one data point, but I'm very interested in politics, and I'm absolutely #feelingthebern. I also find Trump vile.
I think both groups would be in favor of universal healthcare, raising minimum wage and drastically reduced college tuition.

MASON CITY, Iowa Hours after Hillary Clinton ratcheted up her pressure on him to accept an invitation to an unsanctioned debate on Feb. 4, Bernie Sanders escalated the debate by calling for three new debates.

That's so...so...reasonable. Nice to see.

I have seen her record, I have heard her speak. I have a pretty good sense of what she is about. While she is a terrible campaigner, she is a seasoned politician - maybe better than any politician in recent memory. She knows how to gain favor/money/power in a power-hungry world.

I don't like politics as usual. I don't like the way politicians are influenced by benefactors and not all constituents.
:goodposting:

One of the best of the political threads collectively actually. One "good endorsement" doesn't erase the questionable (at best) actions. There are a few things I disagree with Bernie on, but my support for him isn't based on policy as much as it's based on character, ethics and integrity. His opinions of other politicians really have no bearing on my support of him. Nobody is perfect. His apparent support of Hillary is evidence of that :shrug:

The obvious point is that Hillary isn't the monster you guys and Karl Rove make her out to be, otherwise a man with Bernie's principles wouldn't support her, right?

Why demand O'Malley be included? Dude should drop out already. If under 5% he shouldn't be taking up space.
This whole thing is politically brilliant and shows again what a superior candidate Bernie is. Why include O'Malley? Because Bernie is on the side of greater open discourse, and believes all candidates should have an equally opportunity to share their views so that voters can make a more well-informed decision. At least that's his story - which meshes so well with his overall messaging.

Because he's respectful and O'Malley hasn't dropped out of the race yet.

Also, O'Malley is still getting somewhere between 2% and 5% in polls. It doesn't make sense to piss off those voters because they'll be choosing between Sanders and Clinton soon enough.

The obvious point is that Hillary isn't the monster you guys and Karl Rove make her out to be, otherwise a man with Bernie's principles wouldn't support her, right?
No, the obvious point is that if Bernie thought that Clinton was the best choice to be president, he never would have run for president. The fact is he and Clinton have profound differences of opinion on many key subjects - both domestic and foreign. That Bernie views Clinton as better than Donald Trump, or the other republican candidates, is not the same as saying Clinton is the best choice.

My personal view of Clinton is that she is primarily motivated by greed and power. I think she has made some stunningly poor decisions on both domestic and foreign policy because she has been blinded by greed and power. I think she is too cozy with Wall Street interests to make the tough decisions we need to un-rig the economic game. She has no incentive to level the playing field - the Clintons have seen their net worth go from -$8M in 2001 to $111M in 2016. They know how to play the game as well as, or better, than anyone. I think she has made very poor decisions in foreign policy - going back to the Iraq war vote, and continuing on through the failed policies in Libya and Syria. I don't like that Hillary Clinton supported the free trade agreements that benefited corporate America, at the expense of American workers. I don't like that Clinton supported Keystone over policies that focused on non-oil based energy solutions.

Ultimately, I think Clinton is disingenuous, and is not personally deserving of my vote. I think a Clinton presidency would be a disaster - because I think she will focus her agenda on foreign policy. I think her goal is to be seen as the most powerful person in the world - and that will lead to more military engagements around the world. Certainly more engagement in the middle-east, and I would not rule out antagonistic approaches to Russia and/or China - both of whom I expect will want to test the new president's resolve - whether it is in eastern-europe, or the south China sea.

I think her domestic policy will be largely ignored, and will attempt to maintain status quo as much as possible - and I find status quo to be unacceptable on many levels. Domestic policy will continue to be dominated by Wall Street, Pharmaceuticals, Insurance, and Big Oil industries. I think she is the most divisive person in Washington - she will never be able to work with a republican congress. She never has been able to reach across the aisle to reach agreements, and with the "vast right-wing conspiracy" and her "enemies" against her - she won't get anything accomplished.

Finally, I harken back to my childhood. Long before the "who would you like to have a beer with" test came out, I had my own child-version: "who's voice did I want to listen to for 4 years" It may not have been very reliable on the issues, but back then my perspective was limited to knowing the president was on the news alot (this was back when people actually watched the evening news). And, I don't think I can handle 4 years of listening to Clinton's voice.

I don't think Clinton has the moral compass I want in a president. I will not support her, though I am unlikely to support a republican candidate. Ultimately, I am not the voter you need to worry about. I live in Kentucky, and there is no chance Clinton could win here.

proninja said:
Two things:

I don't think Trump and Bernie voters have much in common at all

I'm just one data point, but I'm very interested in politics, and I'm absolutely #feelingthebern. I also find Trump vile.
This sums up all of my extended family over 18y/o. Everyone is voting Sanders.

Bernie thinks Microsoft could rig the Iowa Caucus!

:tinfoilhat:
Actually I'm really surprised this happened with no state supervision. There are laws for challenging vote tabulations and verifying programs. This sounds totally off the grid. Also with the NGP VAN controversy not far in the background I'd say the Sanders campaign has a legitimate gripe. They ought to at least know who validated the programming within the party and who is handling the back end of the data.

Bernie thinks Microsoft could rig the Iowa Caucus!

:tinfoilhat:
Actually I'm really surprised this happened with no state supervision. There are laws for challenging vote tabulations and verifying programs. This sounds totally off the grid. Also with the NGP VAN controversy not far in the background I'd say the Sanders campaign has a legitimate gripe. They ought to at least know who validated the programming within the party and who is handling the back end of the data.
Its been reported that both Sanders' camp and Clinton's camp have their own voting system back-up - i.e. someone at the precinct level will report back to each campaign - so there everyone is a bit wary, and prepared.

Users who are viewing this thread