Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
BigSteelThrill

Bernie Sanders HQ! *A decent human being.

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, AnonymousBob said:

No Democrat is going to beat Hillary running for re-election (assuming she ends up winning). Progressives are looking at a minimum 8 years until they can run seriously (again assuming she wins). Castro, Booker, Newsom, and some others are going to be the next wave. I don't think any of them are quite liberal enough (Gavin might be). The hope is candidates notice the support Bernie's policies got and slowly adopt elements of it. 

Do you think the majority want someone who is super liberal?  IMO the reason Bernie has done as well as he has is more because of who he is as a person, not necessarily his policies, but I think his ceiling was always limited because he is too far to the left.

If the D's could find someone with Bernie's integrity but who was "only" left of center, they'd be unstoppable.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The_Man said:

Trey, I have been struggling with how I can possibly compromise my beliefs enough to vote for a hideous warmonger and creature of Wall Street like Hillary. 

So I want to thank you for helping me come to terms with my conflict and realize I could never possibly vote for her. While I'm still bummed about tonight, I already feel much better.

I disagree strongly with Sanders economic policies but I would have gladly voted for him over Trump.

it can't be trump guys. Cannot. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Trey said:

I disagree strongly with Sanders economic policies but I would have gladly voted for him over Trump.

it can't be trump guys. Cannot. 

Maybe you'll convince more people by not coming in this thread and acting like a Trump supporter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, humpback said:

Do you think the majority want someone who is super liberal?  IMO the reason Bernie has done as well as he has is more because of who he is as a person, not necessarily his policies, but I think his ceiling was always limited because he is too far to the left.

If the D's could find someone with Bernie's integrity but who was "only" left of center, they'd be unstoppable.

I'm surprised Bernie hasn't done better just based on his integrity, especially given his opponent.  Prior to the start of this political cycle ALL anyone was talking about was corruption and money in politics.  Getting monetary influence out of politics was everyone's primary concern.  That hilarious picture was circulating with the politicians wearing nascar jumpsuits covered in sponsorships, etc.

Now everyone has forgotten, and a few years from now the cycle will start all over again.  No one that voted Hillary has any base to complain about corruption/money in politics ever again.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Trey said:

I disagree strongly with Sanders economic policies but I would have gladly voted for him over Trump.

it can't be trump guys. Cannot. 

To run with a bad analogy, Trump is the Let's Make a Deal equivalent of what's behind the curtain. Some people don't want or need a new washer and dryer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, humpback said:

Do you think the majority want someone who is super liberal?  IMO the reason Bernie has done as well as he has is more because of who he is as a person, not necessarily his policies, but I think his ceiling was always limited because he is too far to the left.

If the D's could find someone with Bernie's integrity but who was "only" left of center, they'd be unstoppable.

Absolutely. They're just too scared to do it quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The_Man said:

Trey, I have been struggling with how I can possibly compromise my beliefs enough to vote for a hideous warmonger and creature of Wall Street like Hillary. 

So I want to thank you for helping me come to terms with my conflict and realize I could never possibly vote for her. While I'm still bummed about tonight, I already feel much better.

I don't know who I'm voting for in November or if I'll even vote but one thing I do know is that under no circumstances will I vote for Hillary Clinton.  I am not alone in those sentiments. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Shula-holic said:

Coming from someone outside the party but who understands Southern politics, unless and until the Democratic party changes the way they award delegates proportionally in each state, the African American vote in the South is on most every occasion be the determining factor in the Democratic nominee.

It's okay that it is.  I just wish it had gone fot Bernie.  But that was apparently not to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I'm surprised Bernie hasn't done better just based on his integrity, especially given his opponent.  Prior to the start of this political cycle ALL anyone was talking about was corruption and money in politics.  Getting monetary influence out of politics was everyone's primary concern.  That hilarious picture was circulating with the politicians wearing nascar jumpsuits covered in sponsorships, etc.

Now everyone has forgotten, and a few years from now the cycle will start all over again.  No one that voted Hillary has any base to complain about corruption/money in politics ever again.

Cant win if you're losing the black vote 80-20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Trey said:

I disagree strongly with Sanders economic policies but I would have gladly voted for him over Trump.

it can't be trump guys. Cannot. 

Probably best for the Clinton camp to rally the troops.  It's going to be close between Clinton and Trump. And she may well lose to Cruz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Maybe you'll convince more people by not coming in this thread and acting like a Trump supporter.

I've never even remotely been that negative or antagonistic here. I've simply pointed out math and said Sanders has great intentions but goes too left for my liking. I tamp down the hyperbole as much as possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AnonymousBob said:

Absolutely. They're just too scared to do it quickly.

Honestly the term "Socialist" didn't play well with the old white folks either.  It didn't bother younger or extremely liberal voters, but there was some drag on his numbers due to that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Trey said:

LOL.

come on guys. Let's channel the positivity from last weeks dominating performance in Michigan!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The_Man said:

 

Because math. Which everyone ignored. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Trey said:

I've never even remotely been that negative or antagonistic here. I've simply pointed out math and said Sanders has great intentions but goes too left for my liking. I tamp down the hyperbole as much as possible. 

Good to see the Hillary supporters channeling that famous Hillary likability she's so well known for.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

It's okay that it is.  I just wish it had gone fot Bernie.  But that was apparently not to be.

Why would any Democrats vote in the Democratic primaries for a candidate who has been running against Democrats for 40 years?

Ive never been a Democrat, but none of this has ever made any sense to me. Bernie never had any chance to be the Democratic nominee--he has never been a Democrat. I hate the duopoly and if Bernie had any sack at all he would have challenged it. But instead he tried to co-opt and take over the nominating process of a party he was never a member of because, as he recently admitted, it would get him more media attention. Silliness. He never had a chance, though I am real happy he was a stalking horse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Trey said:

Because math. Which everyone ignored. 

You're currently costing your candidate votes

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Trey said:

I've never even remotely been that negative or antagonistic here. I've simply pointed out math and said Sanders has great intentions but goes too left for my liking. I tamp down the hyperbole as much as possible. 

I don't think you are negative or antagonistic, but I do think you are absolutely committed to the Democratic party, which does not sit well with independent-minded individuals. Different strokes, I suppose. Your perspective reminds me of the awkward Chris Matthews interview with Jon Stewart several years ago - where Chris Matthews essentially said politics was all about winning, without any regard to what the win represented.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Todd Andrews said:

Why would any Democrats vote in the Democratic primaries for a candidate who has been running against Democrats for 40 years?

Ive never been a Democrat, but none of this has ever made any sense to me. Bernie never had any chance to be the Democratic nominee--he has never been a Democrat. I hate the duopoly and if Bernie had any sack at all he would have challenged it. But instead he tried to co-opt and take over the nominating process of a party he was never a member of because, as he recently admitted, it would get him more media attention. Silliness. He never had a chance, though I am real happy he was a stalking horse. 

Because much of the Democratic party is just the anti-Republican party. 

And Bernie has plenty of sack. There's no need for that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Willie Neslon said:

I don't know who I'm voting for in November or if I'll even vote but one thing I do know is that under no circumstances will I vote for Hillary Clinton.  I am not alone in those sentiments. 

I said this last year.  And, then Trump happened.  So, I decided to make an exception, but only in this case.  If it's Kasich (unlikely), I'd probably stay home and let everyone else figure it out.  He has infinitely more integrity, but he is on the wrong side of several important policy points, imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sanders supports never did and never would rub Clinton supporters nose in it at a time like this.  Very telling these nights.  Is it some kind of deep down self-loathing that needs to be vented as hubris?  Tim has always been gracious but the rest not so much. Sad.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

You're currently costing your candidate votes

 

Maybe Trey and squishy are trying to make Hillary look good by being even more unlikable than her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mister CIA said:

I don't think you are negative or antagonistic, but I do think you are absolutely committed to the Democratic party, which does not sit well with independent-minded individuals. Different strokes, I suppose. Your perspective reminds me of the awkward Chris Matthews interview with Jon Stewart several years ago - where Chris Matthews essentially said politics was all about winning, without any regard to what the win represented.

You know I can't really deny that. I'm a moderate Dem who feels passionately about social issues but isn't all in in the Robin Hood tone of the Ds.. 

But when push comes to shove, a D Scotus and preserving our progress from Obama is all that counts. Let's win it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Willie Neslon said:

The Sanders supports never did and never would rub Clinton supporters nose in it at a time like this.  Very telling these nights.  Is it some kind of deep down self-loathing that needs to be vented as hubris?  Tim has always been gracious but the rest not so much. Sad.

Ding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Willie Neslon said:

I don't know who I'm voting for in November or if I'll even vote but one thing I do know is that under no circumstances will I vote for Hillary Clinton.  I am not alone in those sentiments. 

Not voting is as good as a vote for Hillary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So do I vote for the shapeshifting establishment candidate chock full of empty platitudes or the clinical narcissistic, sociopathic , borderline psychopathic, fear-mongering bigot who just so happens to represent the anti-establishment. Which is the lesser evil? The establishment is such a ####### problem that this isn't a no-brainer to me anymore. Maybe I'll just abstain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Trey said:

You know I can't really deny that. I'm a moderate Dem who feels passionately about social issues but isn't all in in the Robin Hood tone of the Ds.. 

But when push comes to shove, a D Scotus and preserving our progress from Obama is all that counts. Let's win it. 

Perhaps once the unbelievably insulting and condescending rhetoric dies down some Bernie supporters will join you.  Perhaps not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

Not voting is as good as a vote for Hillary.

No it isn't.  It's half as good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SameSongNDance said:

So do I vote for the shapeshifting establishment candidate chock full of empty platitudes or the clinical narcissistic, sociopathic , borderline psychopathic, fear-mongering bigot who just so happens to represent the anti-establishment. Which is the lesser evil? The establishment is such a ####### problem that this isn't a no-brainer to me anymore. Maybe I'll just abstain.

Had to read this three times, just to be sure I understood who was who.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Todd Andrews said:

Why would any Democrats vote in the Democratic primaries for a candidate who has been running against Democrats for 40 years?

Ive never been a Democrat, but none of this has ever made any sense to me. Bernie never had any chance to be the Democratic nominee--he has never been a Democrat. I hate the duopoly and if Bernie had any sack at all he would have challenged it. But instead he tried to co-opt and take over the nominating process of a party he was never a member of because, as he recently admitted, it would get him more media attention. Silliness. He never had a chance, though I am real happy he was a stalking horse. 

Both sides suck and lost what they were supposed to stand for.   It makes perfect sense if you look into things and understand that wall street buys both side so they always win.  Having a Sanders or to a lesser extent a Trump you doesnt take their legal bribes matters.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Trey said:

You know I can't really deny that. I'm a moderate Dem who feels passionately about social issues but isn't all in in the Robin Hood tone of the Ds.. 

But when push comes to shove, a D Scotus and preserving our progress from Obama is all that counts. Let's win it. 

 

What progress is that?  Higher health insurance premiums?  The upper 1% further distancing itself for most of the country.  Black unemployment gap increasing?  Wall Street buying up real estate?  Big Pharma making record profits?

 

Obama's biggest achievement "gay marriage" was something he didn't really believe in until it became popular and the "conservative" SC was the real reason for this.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Willie Neslon said:

I don't know who I'm voting for in November or if I'll even vote but one thing I do know is that under no circumstances will I vote for Hillary Clinton.  I am not alone in those sentiments. 

Trump voter here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SameSongNDance said:

So do I vote for the shapeshifting establishment candidate chock full of empty platitudes or the clinical narcissistic, sociopathic , borderline psychopathic, fear-mongering bigot who just so happens to represent the anti-establishment. Which is the lesser evil? The establishment is such a ####### problem that this isn't a no-brainer to me anymore. Maybe I'll just abstain.

Still room on the Gary train.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Trey said:

You know I can't really deny that. I'm a moderate Dem who feels passionately about social issues but isn't all in in the Robin Hood tone of the Ds.. 

But when push comes to shove, a D Scotus and preserving our progress from Obama is all that counts. Let's win it. 

I'm not so sure that a SCOTUS appointment or two will counterbalance the social and economic forces to which Hillary is betrothed. In fact, I'm convinced it won't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mister CIA said:

Had to read this three times, just to be sure I understood who was who.

"Establishment" IIs the keywoRd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Steve Tasker said:

Still room on the Gary train.

Yeah, lots of seats and going nowhere.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This may be the last time I believe wholesale change is possible.  Hell, I may be demented or dead in 8 years.  Very disheartening.  If it doesn't happen in my lifetime, I just hope the next generation gets universal healthcare and a chance at the dream again.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jabarony said:

"Establishment" IIs the keywoRd.

Indeed. The placement of the word "or" was a little confusing too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

This may be the last time I believe wholesale change is possible.  Hell, I may be demented or dead in 8 years.  Very disheartening.  If it doesn't happen in my lifetime, I just hope the next generation gets universal healthcare and a chance at the dream again.

Depressing

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, AnonymousBob said:
35 minutes ago, humpback said:

Do you think the majority want someone who is super liberal?  IMO the reason Bernie has done as well as he has is more because of who he is as a person, not necessarily his policies, but I think his ceiling was always limited because he is too far to the left.

If the D's could find someone with Bernie's integrity but who was "only" left of center, they'd be unstoppable.

Absolutely. They're just too scared to do it quickly.

Yikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I promised myself I wouldn't cast my vote out of fear.  I'm breaking that promise if that candidate is Trump.  Trey is right. That just can't happen. I'll need a 2 hour shower afterwards, but Hillary will get my vote.  The grapes are sour, but it is what it is.  

I think Bernie accomplished something, though.  A lot of young people were inspired and hopefully there are some Hagmania's out there ready to pick up the baton. A couple more terms of the status quo and American will be ready for the next Bernie Sanders.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Slapdash said:
3 minutes ago, Steve Tasker said:

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Gary-Johnsonx-large.jpg

Depressing

Assuming Bernie sticks to his word not to run as an independent candidate, if things look bleak tomorrow, I'm all in on GJ. Might even send a few dinaro his way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Trey said:

I disagree strongly with Sanders economic policies but I would have gladly voted for him over Trump.

it can't be trump guys. Cannot. 

If I take one comfort from tonight, its knowing now I'll get to cancel out a HIllary vote in the general

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

I promised myself I wouldn't cast my vote out of fear.  I'm breaking that promise if that candidate is Trump.  Trey is right. That just can't happen. I'll need a 2 hour shower afterwards, but Hillary will get my vote.  The grapes are sour, but it is what it is.  

I think Bernie accomplished something, though.  A lot of young people were inspired and hopefully there are some Hagmania's out there ready to pick up the baton. A couple more terms of the status quo and American will be ready for the next Bernie Sanders.  

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

I promised myself I wouldn't cast my vote out of fear.  I'm breaking that promise if that candidate is Trump.  Trey is right. That just can't happen. I'll need a 2 hour shower afterwards, but Hillary will get my vote.  The grapes are sour, but it is what it is.  

I think Bernie accomplished something, though.  A lot of young people were inspired and hopefully there are some Hagmania's out there ready to pick up the baton. A couple more terms of the status quo and American will be ready for the next Bernie Sanders.  

Do you honestly think your single vote is going to change the outcome of the election?

When people "hold their nose and vote", all it does is validate their ####tiness.  Why would you expect the candidates to change when you keep voting for them, no matter what they say or do?

Edited by humpback

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.