Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
BigSteelThrill

Bernie Sanders HQ! *A decent human being.

Just now, timschochet said:

No that may be true for YOU. But tommyGunZ, squistion, and myself have all been the targets of some pretty nasty comments from Sanders folks, which we have not reciprocated. 

Just tonight I was attacked and called a fake in here simply for wishing Bernie Sanders fans good luck. 

If you're talking about some individual posters, perhaps it's best to discuss it with them.

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

No that may be true for YOU. But tommyGunZ, squistion, and myself have all been the targets of some pretty nasty comments from Sanders folks, which we have not reciprocated. 

Just tonight I was attacked and called a fake in here simply for wishing Bernie Sanders fans good luck. 

Dastardly!

13 minutes ago, tommyGunZ said:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and write your ignorance off to not being informed.  Here's a link - inform yourself.  http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/01/obama-biggest-achievements-213487

Like I'm going to believe a source with ads for Bernie, Hillary, and an Obama petition.

http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/images/BN-CF756_urgaps_G_20140404135424.jpg

Bureau of Labor Statistics.  Differential in the gap between white/black unemployment has about double under Obama.

5 minutes ago, timschochet said:

You are full of bs.   You made your thread hrc v trump, then maybe trump, and when sanders had big win last week nothing.  You show no respect but to feed your own ego and play victim.  Just because people see you for what you are then try for sypathy and dont get it quit crying.  Were you the mike sam bet guy i didnt make pay?  No i dont have a notebook.

Edited by FatUncleJerryBuss

I'm not going to bother reading the last 5 pages.  Looks like Bernie outperformed some in North Carolina, so that's a plus.

Bernie was def the most genuine candidate, but you just don't win on a platform that revolves around higher taxes.

Pretend we all had the same income and I told you we were going to be taking home 12% less after taxes starting next year, would you really be interested in that? 

Who here would voluntarily take a pay reduction of around 10% to accomplish free college and healthcare for all? 

Im sure there are some (and they are well intentioned good human beings), but I just can't ever see that number being majority.

Just now, fantasycurse42 said:

Bernie was def the most genuine candidate, but you just don't win on a platform that revolves around higher taxes.

Pretend we all had the same income and I told you we were going to be taking home 12% less after taxes starting next year, would you really be interested in that? 

Who here would voluntarily take a pay reduction of around 10% to accomplish free college and healthcare for all? 

Im sure there are some (and they are well intentioned good human beings), but I just can't ever see that number being majority.

Tax thing not true, not even a little.

1 minute ago, fantasycurse42 said:

If my taxes were going to go up but my healthcare savings were going to more than make up for that i know which way i would go. Unfortunately i don't make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year so i wouldn't feel the Bern on my marginal rates.

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

One of the people you mentioned got nasty & personal almost every time someone said something negative about his candidate. As far as you being "attacked" tonight, I did think it was odd to wish good luck the way you did tonight. I don't think you're being fake, it just comes off strange. Not really the kind kind of thing you wish luck on. I for sure wished Hillary no luck tonight.  These are our lives we're talking about here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

Health insurance premiums are already 8-10% of my income after tax so it was pretty much a push.

Forgot to mention my son is going to college next year so that's more coin.

Edited by BassNBrew

1 minute ago, FatUncleJerryBuss said:

Tax thing not true, not even a little.

:lmao:

Unicorns and fairy dust gonna pay for all the things this guy wants to get done?

2 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

Unicorns and fairy dust gonna pay for all the things this guy wants to get done?

His proposals are fully funded and then some by... His proposals.

Read the thread, already proven what his propsal was, but since you just came in, let just repost everything for Mr. ######.

You younger guys and gals, keep fighting the good fight.  I really hope it all comes around some day. And for God's sake, go vote for a progressive Congress. 

• Like 7

Just now, bosoxs45 said:

I still have hope for Bernie becoming president.

I have hope that I'll win the lottery, too.  We're approaching that level.  At this point, unless Clinton is charged by the DOJ, the Democratic party has a near-certain nominee.

10 minutes ago, FatUncleJerryBuss said:

Read the thread, already proven what his propsal was, but since you just came in, let just repost everything for Mr. ######.

I don't need to read imaginary fairly tales, I can do my own homework from legitimate sources (unlike 90% of garbage quoted on this forum by the right and left from sources like politics101inwashingrondc.blogspot.therealinfo.com

His own estimates on what his healthcare plan awould cost alone are $1.5 trillion annually - That's just the tip of the iceberg. It really isn't difficult to understand. You can call me names all you would like, but that doesn't change the facts. You seem to be getting a little emotional on this issue, so I'll be on my way. 

FTR, I respect what the guy is trying to do, I just can't support it.

Edited by fantasycurse42

I don't need to read imaginary fairly tales, I can do my own homework from legitimate sources (unlike 90% of garbage quoted on this forum by the right and left from sources like politics101inwashingrondc.blogspot.therealinfo.com

His own estimates on what his healthcare plan awould cost alone are $1.5 trillion annually - That's just the tip of the iceberg. It really isn't difficult to understand. You can call me names all you would like, but that doesn't change the facts. You seem to be getting a little emotional on this issue, so I'll be on my way. 

His tax proposals are pretty clear.  And reasonable.  But certainly, name calling shouldn't be the end game.  Have a good one.

So did his message just not strike home with enough people? Maybe it's not what the U.S. wants?

Tough to make up campaigning ground over 6 months against someone who's been running for President for 12 years or so. I'm thinking just not being enough of a known quantity on the national level has been the downfall. Maybe not.

Just now, Gr00vus said:

So did his message just not strike home with enough people? Maybe it's not what the U.S. wants?

Tough to make up campaigning ground over 6 months against someone who's been running for President for 12 years or so. I'm thinking just not being enough of a known quantity on the national level has been the downfall. Maybe not.

Yeah, Sanders is behind when the clock runs out.  Always disheartening.

2 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I don't need to read imaginary fairly tales, I can do my own homework from legitimate sources (unlike the 90% of garbage quoted on this forum by the right and left from sources like politics101inwashingrondc.blogspot.therealinfo.com

In 2010 we spent 2.6 trillion on healthcare with about 1 trillion of that on health insurance.  That $1 trillion is probably closer to 1.4 to 1.5 trillion now.

There are many that I respect that were for him.  I want to understand why we came together with him.  

I am a businessman or a FFA regular, you guys decide.  

I like Sanders because he wants to make Wall Street accountable.  

I am all for a free market but it is not what we have when wall street buys the law makers

I want healthcare for all, morally it is just right.

And in hindsight I like that Bernie stuck to his guns even when not popular.  Years later, more often than not he was right.  

He has good judgement and integrity.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

His tax proposals are pretty clear.  And reasonable

That's subjective.

4 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

Why are you posting here then?

That's subjective.

You haven't been discussing his actual proposals, so I was simply assuming you haven't read them. 

That's subjective.

I already went through your personal scenario under Sanders's tax plan up thread, like last week or so. It turned out you were looking at a net increase of 3.6% at most for income. You didn't mention your capital gains situation. I think you're blowing things way out of proportion and choosing to ignore some aspects of Sanders's plans that don't fit your narrative.

I trust him.  I trust that he believes what he says, and that he actually wants to help people.

I don't agree with all of his policies, but I believe that he actually wants to make the country better - and he's a smart guy.  

If you find an intelligent politician who you believe actually cares and isn't lying to you, you vote for him or her whether a Democrat or a Republican.  That's always been my guidepost in politics and it always will be.

• Like 5

Just now, Henry Ford said:

I trust him.  I trust that he believes what he says, and that he actually wants to help people.

I don't agree with all of his policies, but I believe that he actually wants to make the country better - and he's a smart guy.  

If you find an intelligent politician who you believe actually cares and isn't lying to you, you vote for him or her whether a Democrat or a Republican.  That's always been my guidepost in politics and it always will be.

Pretty much this. I'm not as liberal as Bernie but it's starkly clear he's genuine and is running for the right reasons unlike the rest of the trash.

Trump and Hillary. I mean cmon. We all deserve better.

• Like 1

Sorry, did someone just delete that thread discussing what Sanders tapped into in the country's electorate? 

9 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

All of this.

1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

Sorry, did someone just delete that thread discussing what Sanders tapped into in the country's electorate? 

No it was merged into this already existing Sanders thread.

Just now, FBG Moderator said:

No it was merged into this already existing Sanders thread.

Thanks.  Anyone ever tell you the logo for this site has a real face for radio?

• Like 1

Just now, Henry Ford said:

Thanks.  Anyone ever tell you the logo for this site has a real face for radio?

Wait until you hear its voice.  Newspaper, not radio.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

You don't need to read imaginary fairy takes, you just lost them when you claim what his tax proposal was?

1 hour ago, chet said:

Has he actually withdrawn yet?

Have all 50 states had their primaries?

Really creeps you out when you're half in the bag and lamenting a lifetime of pseudo-liberal policies leading to high taxes with low benefit, a corrupt and ineffective justice system, institutionalized racism, politics of greed and cronyism, and your own impending mortality, wondering what Mark your generation can possibly leave on this country before it's too late.

That stuff I can deal with, the creepy "black eyed Joe" really gets to me.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, The_Man said:

Gonna be a great general election with the Democratic candidate championing the cause of the millionaires vs. the Republican standing up for billionaires. 

F U Biden. So disappointed that a viable liberal didn't stand up and run

Again, by virtually all measures Hillary rates as a "hard core liberal".  This idea that she's not a liberal defies logic and the facts. 

4 minutes ago, tommyGunZ said:

Again, by virtually all measures Hillary rates as a "hard core liberal".  This idea that she's not a liberal defies logic and the facts. 

Liberal my ###.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tommyGunZ said:

By which measures do you believe she does not rate as a hard core liberal?

1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

His proposals are fully funded and then some by... His proposals.

Says who?  The independent analysis I've seen by progressive economists suggested the exact opposite; that Bernie's plans, while admirable, simply did not add up.  

2 minutes ago, tommyGunZ said:

Says who?  The independent analysis I've seen by progressive economists suggested the exact opposite; that Bernie's plans, while admirable, simply did not add up.  

I assume you're referring to the Tax Policy Center's dismissal of Sanders' plan? If so, you may have missed their big "oops."

http://usuncut.com/news/sanders-shoots-down-tpc-analysis-of-tax-plan/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fantasycurse42 said:

How much do you suppose that cutting taxes, "rebuilding our military", and starting a new ground war overseas is going to cost?

4 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

I assume you're referring to the Tax Policy Center's dismissal of Sanders' plan? If so, you may have missed their big "oops."

:lol:  Gunz getting owned in another thread.

He'll roll out some bogus CBO projections next.

• Like 1

Just now, BassNBrew said:

:lol:  Gunz getting owned in another thread.

He'll roll out some bogus CBO projections next.

Don't worry, the NYT will back him up with noted liberal economist Ezra Klein.

The Center for Economic and Policy Research notes that the U.S. could save up to $20 Trillion over the next ten years from Sanders' universal Medicare proposal. 

http://cepr.net/blogs/beat-the-press/bernie-sanders-health-care-plan-could-save-the-country-20-trillion

And that Sanders' growth percentage rates can work

http://cepr.net/blogs/beat-the-press/president-obama-s-council-of-economic-advisers-confirms-sanders-growth-projections

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Bernie's campaign disagrees with the Tax Policy Center's critical analysis?  You don't say.

12 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Don't worry, the NYT will back him up with noted liberal economist Ezra Klein.

Does Austan Goolsbee count?  

“The numbers don’t remotely add up,” said Austan Goolsbee, formerly chairman of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisers, now at the University of Chicago.

Alluding to one progressive analyst’s criticism of the Sanders agenda as “puppies and rainbows,” Mr. Goolsbee said that after his and others’ further study, “they’ve evolved into magic flying puppies with winning Lotto tickets tied to their collars.”

Admittedly, I'm out of the economics game.  It's been many years since I taught International Trade and Finance.  And even longer since I taught Banking Law. But I'm interested in your independent analysis.  I'll try not to sound too stupid, please be patient if I ask lots of questions.  I do admit that I have a lot in common with the Center for Economic and Policy Research.  So it helps that they are pretty left leaning.  But I'll keep an open mind.

• Like 1