Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
BigSteelThrill

Bernie Sanders HQ! *A decent human being.

36 minutes ago, SameSongNDance said:

Odds Bernie joins Hillary on the ticket? It'd all but lock up the general but it will also entail Bernie compromising some of his principles. 

Clinton wouldn't offer. Sanders wouldn't accept. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bottomfeeder Sports said:

Cut whose pensions?  Salaries?

I believe he means Congress 

22 minutes ago, proninja said:

Cutting people's pensions after they have already taken the job, earned the benefit over years and then retired seems like an awful thing to propose 

I agree.  

2 hours ago, Trey said:

Agree she would not offer. He would accept if she would really get on board with some of his agenda especially in getting rid of special interests buying our leaders instead of just pretending she agrees. 

1 hour ago, proninja said:

Cutting people's pensions after they have already taken the job, earned the benefit over years and then retired seems like an awful thing to propose 

43 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

I agree.  

I'm fine with drawing the line at active "service" people.  Those who are retired can keep their windfall, but I have no problem cutting the benefits of those currently in office.  Of course this is a complete hypothetical.  There's exactly zero chance our politicians would do that to themselves.  

12 hours ago, Trey said:

Still not sure why people think this would be a good pairing. 

1 hour ago, pantagrapher said:

Still not sure why people think this would be a good pairing. 

exactly. it wouldn't be any better really with Elizabeth Warren either. 

Bernie now 25-1 to win. 

It was a run. 

13 hours ago, proninja said:

It's going to happen across the country

24 minutes ago, [icon] said:

Bernie now 25-1 to win. 

It was a run. 

This feels like a huge missed opportunity.  Trump (or Cruz) made a guy like Sanders much more electable than he might have otherwise been.  He probably couldn't have gotten any of his vision accomplished anyway, but I would have loved to see him try.  :(

19 hours ago, Henry Ford said:
20 hours ago, proninja said:

I agree.  

While not exactly the same thing, my father worked at Continental Can which backended most of their benefits and then made sure few could collect.  I accompanied him to the meeting described here.  He was one of the few lucky ones with a marketable skill in that he left CCC for a better paying  job - and thus was one of those chosen to sue the IRS to have the settlement considered damages and not lost wages.  Others at that meeting whom I knew from the good times of the mid seventies from company picnics, bowling leagues, etc. simply never recovered.   

6 hours ago, Slapdash said:
20 hours ago, proninja said:

It's going to happen across the country

Sadly!

19 hours ago, The Commish said:
On 3/20/2016 at 3:22 PM, Bottomfeeder Sports said:

politicians

Ok, so this is merely a pointless, symbolic gesture?  As:

1. There is not a significant amount of savings to apply to any new spending
  2. Pretty inconsistent for those supporting the "get the corporate money out of politics" candidate to increase the relative value of the perks from K Street  

Reading some interesting stats today.  Home ownership now at it's lowest level in decades.  First time homebuyer market at rock bottom levels.  Housing supply is too low causing rents to increase further making it tougher on first timers.  Gap between middle income families and rich families increasing.

Bill Clinton was right to when he was discussing the failed policies of the last 8 years.  Unfortunately he was wrong about the solution.

2 hours ago, Bottomfeeder Sports said:
21 hours ago, The Commish said:

politicians

2. Pretty inconsistent for those supporting the "get the corporate money out of politics" candidate to increase the relative value of the perks from K Street

Not really pointless, but I acknowledge it doesn't put a dent of any sort in our debt.  That says more about the debt than it does taking away the money.  From my perspective, one should be paid what they are worth and what they've earned.  It's already enough that this civic duty is seen as a job now.  The whole thing reeks to me and annoys me to no end that their pensions/pay aren't performance based.  Ranks right up there with the concept of tenure...seems completely backwards to me.

Sanders campaign saying they raised more money than Clinton in the last email. I assume that's for February?

12 minutes ago, The Commish said:
2 hours ago, Bottomfeeder Sports said:
22 hours ago, The Commish said:

politicians

Not really pointless, but I acknowledge it doesn't put a dent of any sort in our debt.  That says more about the debt than it does taking away the money.  From my perspective, one should be paid what they are worth and what they've earned.  It's already enough that this civic duty is seen as a job now.  The whole thing reeks to me and annoys me to no end that their pensions/pay aren't performance based.  Ranks right up there with the concept of tenure...seems completely backwards to me.

Ridiculous!  

Unless I'm the one to do the performance evaluations for elected officials that determine their pay!  Oh wait!  That is called voting.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bottomfeeder Sports said:

Sadly!

Not to the Wall St donors lining Clinton's pocket while they raid pension funds :shrug:

22 minutes ago, Bottomfeeder Sports said:

Ridiculous!  

Unless I'm the one to do the performance evaluations for elected officials that determine their pay!  Oh wait!  That is called voting.

Yeah, not really.  We both know that.

I'm watching Bernie right now and he defended his earlier remarks about Cuba (from years before.) Though he doesn't agree with their authoritarian government or their politics, he sees things to admire about them- for instance how they send doctors around the world doing a lot of good. 

I was so happy to hear this. Not specifically about Cuba, but it's so rare to hear a politician try to present situations in anything other than black and white. Bernie doesn't do this with every issue- his take on Wall Street and corporate America is, IMO, very one-sided, but it's refreshing to hear him try to be even-handed. It's refreshing these days to hear ANY candidate try to be even handed. 

• Like 1

Being a Hillary fan I can understand why an open, honest,  and even handed approach is a foreign and refreshing concept. 

9 minutes ago, AnonymousBob said:

Being a Hillary fan I can understand why an open, honest,  and even handed approach is a foreign and refreshing concept. 

Hillary is open, honest, and even handed on many issues. 

19 minutes ago, timschochet said:

:lmao:

This is some of the best schtick on FBGs. Right up there with Eminence and SWC

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Like yoga routines.

2 hours ago, timschochet said:

I'm watching Bernie right now and he defended his earlier remarks about Cuba (from years before.) Though he doesn't agree with their authoritarian government or their politics, he sees things to admire about them- for instance how they send doctors around the world doing a lot of good. 

I was so happy to hear this. Not specifically about Cuba, but it's so rare to hear a politician try to present situations in anything other than black and white. Bernie doesn't do this with every issue- his take on Wall Street and corporate America is, IMO, very one-sided, but it's refreshing to hear him try to be even-handed. It's refreshing these days to hear ANY candidate try to be even handed. 

He's a diamond sitting in a coal mine, and the U.S. is shoveling dirt over him because they were told it was time to dig coal, not look for diamonds. 

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Todd Andrews said:

Please Jim Webb, save us. America needs you now. 

Wut?

8 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

He's a diamond sitting in a coal mine, and the U.S. is shoveling dirt over him because they were told it was time to dig coal, not look for diamonds. 

This is fantastic.  Is it original?

So we constantly hear we have to vote Democrat meaning Hillary or else the Republicans may get to appoint a justice. Well the more I really look into Garland's record the more I am wondering if they didn't. His record is extremely business friendly and is also very supportive of our mass incarceration "justice" system. In fact aftet further review I expect if he is approved he will hand the right many victories.Oh but he is allegedly prochoice. I say allegedly because there is not one case to prove it by.

So this is what I get fear mongerers? Essentially a Republican appointee? More asking for crumbs

• Like 1

Also can't remember who h thread but I said this would go.like the shutdown and hurt the GOP. People laughed. Tim said the people were to stupid to pay attention. Well polling shows that majorities of Independents, Democrats, and Republicans think the GOP is playing politics and they think the President's choice should get a vote. Oh and Obamas approval rating is going up while the GOP Senate's is going down.Even among their own voters. Yeah this has worked out great for them. Personally I hope they stick to it and we can get Obama to pull the nom when Bernie wins.

55 minutes ago, Idiot Boxer said:

This is fantastic.  Is it original?

I'm not sure what you're asking.  It's my own thought, and not a quote if that was the question.

Edited by Henry Ford

Obama isn't going to pull the nomination and McConnell isn't going to allow a vote until the next president is sworn in.

Just now, pantagrapher said:

Obama isn't going to pull the nomination and McConnell isn't going to allow a vote until the next president is sworn in.

I think the GOP will cave and get the nominee they should.be doing cartwheels over.

5 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

I'm not sure what you're asking.  It's my own thought, and not a quote if that was the question.

Yes.  I was wondering if you coined the phrase or if it was something you'd heard before.

Great, great analogy.

6 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

You are a walking hallmark card.

Just now, matuski said:

You are a walking hallmark card.

My love for you has shown me the beauty and wonder of the world

Every day with you, I remember the hope and joy of our youth,

And I look forward to all the remembrances to come

While we slowly become decrepit and senile.

Happy Valentine's Day.

• Like 5

Just now, Henry Ford said:

My love for you has shown me the beauty and wonder of the world

Every day with you, I remember the hope and joy of our youth,

And I look forward to all the remembrances to come

While we slowly become decrepit and senile.

Happy Valentine's Day.

:wub::wub:

Well after his convincing win of Americans overseas Bernie needs some  more big wins. He really needs to win by around 20 points to catch Hillary over these next 9 contests. 

7 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Strangely, not looking good in AZ.  Thought they hated Hillary there.

Yeah the polling looks rough for Bernie.

Granted i haven't been paying that close attention but i know Bernie has had a presence here the last few days. Not sure if Hillary has even visited. I sent in my vote for him a few days ago.

His wife went to tent city when she visited and chewed out Sheriff Joe.

• Like 1

Bernie's A nice guy, but with terrorism looming I'm afraid ISIS will just take the mic out of his hand and take this country.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GROOT said:

Bernie's A nice guy, but with terrorism looming I'm afraid ISIS will just take the mic out of his hand and take this country.

Thanks for sharing.

18 minutes ago, GROOT said:

wut

• Like 3