Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
BigSteelThrill

Bernie Sanders HQ! *A decent human being.

Everything coming out of Nevada is so disgusting it's actually depressing. I've been following this Jon Ralston on Twitter and it's been something else. 

17 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

They may be right - she is further right on those issues than most republicans, albeit she remains safely on the left on key social issues (when public opinion also supports that position).

You're a smart dude, which makes it mystifying when you post nonsense like this. 

8 minutes ago, Trey said:

Everything coming out of Nevada is so disgusting it's actually depressing. I've been following this Jon Ralston on Twitter and it's been something else. 

Poking the bear typically isn't smart.  I thought this quote was interesting:

“I think maybe Nevada is a little bit of a wake-up call” to party leaders, warned West Virginia Democratic Vice Chairman Christopher Regan. "If every state chair is not talking about how we can make sure that doesn't happen in our state, [for] those that have yet to go, you're just not doing your job."

I'm not sure it's a wakeup call at all.  They seem to be well on their way down the same path the GOP has taken despite the example provided and the apparent evidence before them.  People are getting educated on the process and they don't like what they see.

• Like 1

There's no way to prevent this at other state conventions. It's pretty much a temper tantrum. Clinton won Nevada. Bernie played the caucus system perfectly at the initial allocation conventions and then the Clinton team came back at the state convention to make sure their initial win was preserved.

Also it's not quite clear what they are fighting for when calling Boxer a #####, shouting down everyone they disagree with, and then vandalizing a building after the fact. I don't think that's the revolution Senator Sanders had in mind. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Trey said:

There's no way to prevent this at other state conventions. It's pretty much a temper tantrum. Clinton won Nevada. Bernie played the caucus system perfectly at the initial allocation conventions and then the Clinton team came back at the state convention to make sure their initial win was preserved.

Also it's not quite clear what they are fighting for when calling Boxer a #####, shouting down everyone they disagree with, and then vandalizing a building after the fact. I don't think that's the revolution Senator Sanders had in mind. 

Of course there is.  Have simple, straight forward rules.  Voting isn't a complicated concept, but our politicians have had their hands in this cookie jar for a really long time muddling around and manipulating parts here and there to benefit themselves.  

24 minutes ago, tommyGunZ said:

You're a smart dude, which makes it mystifying when you post nonsense like this. 

It may be mystifying but it is to be expected.

If you go back and read the 8 months before the Iowa Caucus in the Hillary thread, he will see that he posted nonsense like this on a daily basis.

Just now, The Commish said:

Of course there is.  Have simple, straight forward rules.  Voting isn't a complicated concept, but our politicians have had their hands in this cookie jar for a really long time muddling around and manipulating parts here and there to benefit themselves.  

Well I should say there's nothing to be done now since we are in the 8th inning of a #### game. 

Give me whatever the primary is that requires you to register as a D on the day of the election (semi open? Whatever it is called) and give it to me in every single state across the board. 

Delegates are allocated proportionally precisely according to that vote in each state. Get rid of Supers altogether. 

I think I just solved all of our problems. 

2 minutes ago, Trey said:
6 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Well I should say there's nothing to be done now since we are in the 8th inning of a #### game. 

Give me whatever the primary is that requires you to register as a D on the day of the election (semi open? Whatever it is called) and give it to me in every single state across the board. 

Delegates are allocated proportionally precisely according to that vote in each state. Get rid of Supers altogether. 

I think I just solved all of our problems. 

And get rid of the caucus concept....that's worse than voter ID imo.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Poking the bear typically isn't smart.  

Does a bear typically lash out and completely embarrass itself when you poke it?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, squistion said:

If you go back and read the 8 months before the Iowa Caucus in the Hillary thread

Yep...only you would do this, Frank. Read 8 months of posts? :lmao:

I love that Bernie has doubled down on the Nevada fracas:

“It is imperative that the Democratic leadership, both nationally and in the states, understand that the political world is changing and that millions of Americans are outraged at establishment politics and establishment economics. The people of this country want a government which represents all of us, not just the 1 percent, super PACs and wealthy campaign contributors.

“The Democratic Party has a choice. It can open its doors and welcome into the party people who are prepared to fight for real economic and social change – people who are willing to take on Wall Street, corporate greed and a fossil fuel industry which is destroying this planet. Or the party can choose to maintain its status quo structure, remain dependent on big-money campaign contributions and be a party with limited participation and limited energy.

“Within the last few days there have been a number of criticisms made against my campaign organization. Party leaders in Nevada, for example, claim that the Sanders campaign has a ‘penchant for violence.’ That is nonsense. Our campaign has held giant rallies all across this country, including in high-crime areas, and there have been zero reports of violence. Our campaign of course believes in non-violent change and it goes without saying that I condemn any and all forms of violence, including the personal harassment of individuals. But, when we speak of violence, I should add here that months ago, during the Nevada campaign, shots were fired into my campaign office in Nevada and apartment housing complex my campaign staff lived in was broken into and ransacked.

“If the Democratic Party is to be successful in November, it is imperative that all state parties treat our campaign supporters with fairness and the respect that they have earned. I am happy to say that has been the case at state conventions in Maine, Alaska, Colorado and Hawaii where good discussions were held and democratic decisions were reached. Unfortunately, that was not the case at the Nevada convention. At that convention the Democratic leadership used its power to prevent a fair and transparent process from taking place. Among other things:

• The chair of the convention announced that the convention rules passed on voice vote, when the vote was a clear no-vote. At the very least, the Chair should have allowed for a headcount.
    •  
    • The chair allowed its Credentials Committee to en mass rule that 64 delegates were ineligible without offering an opportunity for 58 of them to be heard. That decision enabled the Clinton campaign to end up with a 30-vote majority.
    •  
    • The chair refused to acknowledge any motions made from the floor or allow votes on them.
    •  
    • The chair refused to accept any petitions for amendments to the rules that were properly submitted.

“These are on top of failures at the precinct and county conventions including trying to depose and then threaten with arrest the Clark County convention credentials chair because she was operating too fairly.”

Edited by Sinn Fein
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bananafish said:

Bernie leading early results in Kentucky by a hair 47-46% with 15% reporting.

Its gonna be close, not a huge turnout at our precinct, but we are not the most pro-democrat area in Lexington, so hard to say.

You liked that Sinn? Yikes. It was completely tone deaf and disappointing. Half of his bullet points are complete bull#### per Jon Ralston on the ground in Nevada.

4 minutes ago, Trey said:

You liked that Sinn? Yikes. It was completely tone deaf and disappointing. Half of his bullet points are complete bull#### per Jon Ralston on the ground in Nevada.

When the bully is taunting you - punch him in the nose.

he has 4 bullet points - which ones are BS according to Ralston?

9 hours ago, Trey said:

And that pales in comparison to what went down in Arizona.

Point 1. Could have asked for a headcount but what's the point when the number of delegates on hand for each candidate is already known. Merely a formality. 

Point 2. 64 of his delegates were not eligible because they were not registered Ds on May 1 or didn't provide information to document they reside in Nevada, DOB, etc. 8 of them were seated when they provided proof of these very simple requirements. Most if not all of the ones that were not seated didn't even show up to the convention so it's not like they were standing at the door with a D registration card and being barred entry. 

Points 3 and 4. I believe was just general disorganization. But I find that they are the only compelling points. Maybe some that knee the rules could have helped them out since they clearly were bewildered. 

Bottom line here is that Sanders filled 70-80% of his slate while Clinton filled 95%. She out organized him after being shown up as the first round of conventions. 

https://www.ralstonreports.com/blog/sour-grapes-revolution-rocked-paris-hotel

23 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

I love that Bernie has doubled down on the Nevada fracas:

“It is imperative that the Democratic leadership, both nationally and in the states, understand that the political world is changing and that millions of Americans are outraged at establishment politics and establishment economics. The people of this country want a government which represents all of us, not just the 1 percent, super PACs and wealthy campaign contributors.

“The Democratic Party has a choice. It can open its doors and welcome into the party people who are prepared to fight for real economic and social change – people who are willing to take on Wall Street, corporate greed and a fossil fuel industry which is destroying this planet. Or the party can choose to maintain its status quo structure, remain dependent on big-money campaign contributions and be a party with limited participation and limited energy.

“Within the last few days there have been a number of criticisms made against my campaign organization. Party leaders in Nevada, for example, claim that the Sanders campaign has a ‘penchant for violence.’ That is nonsense. Our campaign has held giant rallies all across this country, including in high-crime areas, and there have been zero reports of violence. Our campaign of course believes in non-violent change and it goes without saying that I condemn any and all forms of violence, including the personal harassment of individuals. But, when we speak of violence, I should add here that months ago, during the Nevada campaign, shots were fired into my campaign office in Nevada and apartment housing complex my campaign staff lived in was broken into and ransacked.

“If the Democratic Party is to be successful in November, it is imperative that all state parties treat our campaign supporters with fairness and the respect that they have earned. I am happy to say that has been the case at state conventions in Maine, Alaska, Colorado and Hawaii where good discussions were held and democratic decisions were reached. Unfortunately, that was not the case at the Nevada convention. At that convention the Democratic leadership used its power to prevent a fair and transparent process from taking place. Among other things:

• The chair of the convention announced that the convention rules passed on voice vote, when the vote was a clear no-vote. At the very least, the Chair should have allowed for a headcount.
    •  
    • The chair allowed its Credentials Committee to en mass rule that 64 delegates were ineligible without offering an opportunity for 58 of them to be heard. That decision enabled the Clinton campaign to end up with a 30-vote majority.
    •  
    • The chair refused to acknowledge any motions made from the floor or allow votes on them.
    •  
    • The chair refused to accept any petitions for amendments to the rules that were properly submitted.

“These are on top of failures at the precinct and county conventions including trying to depose and then threaten with arrest the Clark County convention credentials chair because she was operating too fairly.”

Awesome. Bernie is so damn superior to Hillary in pretty much every way. So sad for our country that she is going to drown out his voice. Sucks.

Wow, 46.8% vs 46.5%  

This is a close call.  Does it matter for the Bern?  

33 minutes ago, Otis said:

Wow, 46.8% vs 46.5%  

This is a close call.  Does it matter for the Bern?  

No but it shows how disliked HRC is when she has the entire establishment behind her and still can't get people behind her.

52 minutes ago, FatUncleJerryBuss said:

No but it shows how disliked HRC is when she has the entire establishment behind her and still can't get people behind her.

Or a lot of people like Bernie more.  I plan on voting for Bernie in California but I have the remaining candidates ranked:

Bernie >>> Hillary >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Trump

Edited by cstu

Sinn may have loved Sanders' statement today, but he's undoing a lot of the good he'd done up until now.  Totally tone deaf and so full of bull#### it might as well have come from Trump.  Disappointing.  I can't find anyone, anywhere outside his own supporters that think what happened in Nevada was kosher or that he's handling the aftermath well.

Just now, wdcrob said:

Sinn may have loved Sanders' statement today, but he's undoing a lot of the good he'd done up until now.  Totally tone deaf and so full of bull#### it might as well have come from Trump.  Disappointing.  I can't find anyone, anywhere outside his own supporters that think what happened in Nevada was kosher or that he's handling the aftermath well.

this. Bernie supporters would be howling if the roles were reversed somehow.

12 minutes ago, cstu said:

Or a lot of people like Bernie more.  I plan on voting for Bernie in California but I have the remaining candidates ranked:

Bernie >>> Hillary >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Trump

Tr

1 minute ago, wdcrob said:

Sanders doesn't make volital statements.  You can't control individuals.  This isn't a Trump thing.  Plus Nevada is nothing, if things stay status quo, there will be violence by people fed up with greed and how they are being wronged by america.  Said this month's ago. 

2 minutes ago, wdcrob said:

Not happy with his response:

“Within the last few days there have been a number of criticisms made against my campaign organization. Party leaders in Nevada, for example, claim that the Sanders campaign has a ‘penchant for violence.’ That is nonsense. Our campaign has held giant rallies all across this country, including in high-crime areas, and there have been zero reports of violence. Our campaign of course believes in non-violent change and it goes without saying that I condemn any and all forms of violence, including the personal harassment of individuals.

Calls harassment violence and then denies reports of said violence. 

I don't get his response at all.  How does he think that statement helps him in light of how things went down.  I mean I get that he believes it does, I just can't see what the angle is.

What's happening to Bernie is a travesty. The Democrats are not going to let him win. I think it's time we the voters stick it to the establishment.

1 hour ago, cstu said:

I plan on voting for Bernie in California 

Just when I think you're getting on my last nerve you go and redeem yourself.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dexter said:

What's happening to Bernie is a travesty. The Democrats are not going to let him win. I think it's time we the voters stick it to the establishment.

I get your sarcasm.  Bernie lost because as with many things the majority is ignorant.  

8 minutes ago, FatUncleJerryBuss said:

I get your sarcasm.  Bernie lost because as with many things the majority is ignorant.  

Sure.  Why can't everyone in this g'damn ####ry be as enlightened as FatUncleJerryBuss of FBG's?

There is no inaccuracy in anything Bernie said in his statement and it certainly isn't "tone deaf"

He's putting voice to the frustrations of many for the way the Nevada caucus was mishandled while at the same time gently admonishing the more fringe of his support to refrain for violence or harassment. 

It's not tone deaf, it's right on target.  

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Paulymaggs said:

Sure.  Why can't everyone in this g'damn ####ry be as enlightened as FatUncleJerryBuss of FBG's?

I wonder that every freaking day

:thumbup:

• Like 1

Watching the vote counts roll in from Kentucky I felt pretty confident when Bernie had the lead with 95% counted (I mean, he'd been leading all night), then Hillary surged and now has a ~2000 vote lead with 99% reporting. Huh.

It's a virtual tie so they split the delegates 25-25.

Oregon just closed and Bernie leads again 52.7-47.3% with 50% reporting. Hopefully that lead is big enough to be shenanigan-proof.

74 years old Bernie has more energy than Hillary or Trump. He's hitting out of the park tonight in California.

Edited by SoBeDad
  • Like 2

I got this now.   They hate Bernie cause he wants to win and will fight.  He fights for his people, deal with it.

It is easy to quit when you are fighting for personal glory, it is hard to quit when you believe what you are doing is right and will make the lives of many better.    

• Like 4

I bet Hillary is glad she ran as a Democrat.  She will need all those Superdelegates to fix elections.  

• Like 1

I love Obama in many ways. One thing he can't hold a candle to though is Bernie's passion and drive. Imagine what he could have done if he had that.

9 minutes ago, dschuler said:

I bet Hillary is glad she ran as a Democrat.  She will need all those Superdelegates to fix elections.  

:mellow:

1 minute ago, cap'n grunge said:

I love Obama in many ways. One thing he can't hold a candle to though is Bernie's passion and drive. Imagine what he could have done if he had that.

O had passion and hope, he didnt have berns integrity.  

2 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

You ever see the documentary, "inside job"   dont watch it if you didnt.

3 hours ago, wdcrob said:

They raised up, you got to figure out why.

Nate Silver @NateSilver538 1h1 hour ago

After tonight, Sanders will need to win the remaining states by ~35% to claim a pledged delegate majority.

2 hours ago, squistion said:

Nate Silver @NateSilver538 1h1 hour ago

After tonight, Sanders will need to win the remaining states by ~35% to claim a pledged delegate majority.

There he is! The Most Humorless Man on the Internet!

**Breaking News**

Hillary Clinton was recently invited to speak in front of a major gathering of the American Indian Nation in upstate New York. She spoke for nearly an hour about her plans for increasing every Native American’s standard of living. She talked about her experience as a U.S. Senator and how she had voted for every Native American issue that came to the floor of the Senate.

Despite Hillary being vague about the details of her plans, she seemed enthusiastic and spoke eloquently about her ideas for helping her “red sisters and brothers.”

At the end of her speech, the Tribes presented Hillary with a plaque inscribed with her new Indian name, “Walking Eagle.” Honored and happy with how everything went, Hillary then left to go to a fundraiser, smiling and waving to the crowd from her motorcade.

A news reporter later asked the group of chiefs how they came to choose the new name they had given to Mrs. Clinton.

They explained that “Walking Eagle” is the name given to a bird so full of ##### it can no longer fly.