What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bernie Sanders HQ! *A decent human being. (7 Viewers)

On June 7, 3 hours before the polls even close in California, the news networks will report the primary results in New Jersey, and then they will report that Hillary Clinton has clinched the nomination. So the results of California won't matter even if Bernie somehow wins or keeps it close.
Probably one of the saddest days in American history.  Terrifying.

On June 7, 3 hours before the polls even close in California, the news networks will report the primary results in New Jersey, and then they will report that Hillary Clinton has clinched the nomination. So the results of California won't matter even if Bernie somehow wins or keeps it close.
Until she's dragged off in handcuffs.

She can't clinch the nomination without Superdelegates, who are still unbound.  I don't think news organizations with kill the golden goose of people watching election coverage if they can help it.

You'll get Berned when he sweeps CA's delegates. I think the only people here that will vote for HRC are Tim and Tgunz. Bam.
Your bet against Tim of Bernie over Hillary in California is looking better by the day, but still dicey:

New York Times

California Up for Grabs, Poll Finds, as Clinton and Sanders Battle

LOS ANGELES — Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are locked in a tight race in California, the nation’s most populous state and one that until recently seemed strongly in Mrs. Clinton’s corner, a new statewide poll has found.

The poll, released Wednesday night by the Public Policy Institute of California, showed Mrs. Clinton leading Mr. Sanders among likely voters, 46 percent to 44 percent — within the margin of error. A survey by the organization in March found Mrs. Clinton with a lead of 48 percent to 41 percent over Mr. Sanders.....

The new poll takes into account both Democrats and independent voters who said they would vote in the Democratic primary. Among Democrats alone, Mrs. Clinton leads Mr. Sanders by 49 percent to 41 percent, according to the institute. But there has been a surge of people registering as independents, which Democrats say could be aiding Mr. Sanders.

We all understand it perfectly.  Dishonest people usually try to keep their behaviors hidden from public view.  Same reason she dodged OIG inquiry at the recommendation of counsel, she sure as he'll isn't going to get on a debate stage now and answer questions from a panel or Bernie about her illegal server and expunging of federal records.
So, in your world honest people should reject the recommendation of counsel?

And at no point has Bernie talked about the email stuff, so why do you think he would question her on this now?

This is exactly the way the establishment wants you to think - do whats in their best interests, not the voters...

So, instead, you may end up with a highly-rated televised debate between Trump and Sanders - where it elevates Sanders to the General Election stage, it potentially pits two people who will point out their differences with Clinton - and she is not there to defend herself.  Sanders is in a no-lose situation here.  If he performs well, he gets an opportunity to sway super delegates who are worried about the Clinton baggage.

What Clinton should have done was to accept the debate, schedule it for a weird time, and use it to continue her pivot to the general election - going after Trump, and ignoring Sanders.
For his campaign maybe.  But Trump has significantly more to gain than Sanders in this debate seeing as one of them will actually be the nominee of his party and the other will not.

Perhaps under ordinary circumstances this would be true.  But, for someone with a well-documented history of evading inquiries, debates, anything that might expose that which she would like to remain concealed, the narrative will only be reinforced and discussed.  People will rightly ask why Hillary isn't participating in a debate right now, and the answer will surely be on the minds of most that she's playing prevent defense right now, and we're only starting the second half.  

Bottom line, in her case, the optics are terrible.
Say what?  She's got plenty in her past to rail on, no need to make #### up.

She can't clinch until the super delegates vote...

If Trump and Sanders coordinate their efforts, this debate could be a real bad night for Hillary.
Trump could also be walking into a huge trap here. If Bernie wants his supporters to get behind Hillary in the general, he's got the perfect platform here to push them in that direction. Just come with the angle that "defeating Donald Trump is the most important thing in this election, and I'm the best candidate to do that", and spend the whole debate emphasizing the first part.

Trump could also be walking into a huge trap here. If Bernie wants his supporters to get behind Hillary in the general, he's got the perfect platform here to push them in that direction. Just come with the angle that "defeating Donald Trump is the most important thing in this election, and I'm the best candidate to do that", and spend the whole debate emphasizing the first part.
Exactly.  I've stopped trying to make sense of Trump's campaign.  Everything that should have destroyed him to this point has only made him stronger.  He defies all known political logic.

Only starting the 2nd half?  More like there is 30 seconds left in the AFC Championship, Hillary has the ball with a 2 TD lead, and you're blasting her for not calling pass plays.  
In the context of the election in November, we're at halftime, champ.  Everything she does--debate, no debate, Bernie, Trump, whatever--contributes to her narrative.

Are you taking me up on my bet or no?

Nate Silver@NateSilver538 42m42 minutes ago

Presumptive vice presidential nominee Carly Fiorina should challenge Bernie's VP pick to a debate too.
Thanks for verifying he's in the tank for HRC. Too bad, he should have just stuck to the data, though he's been off on that as well this cycle. Guess his 15 minutes are about up. I'll definitely be giving his takes a lot less credence going forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for verifying he's in the tank for HRC. Too bad, he should have just stuck to the data, though he's been off on that as well this cycle. Guess his 15 minutes are about up. I'll definitely be giving his takes a lot less credence going forward.
Gees, Silver was making a joke. And some people say I have no sense of humor.

I'll tell you this though. If Fiorina is on a ticket, I'll definitely be voting for whoever has the best likelihood of keeping her out of office. So HRC could still get my vote back.

The "joke" (it wasn't funny, nor has any other "joke" the guy's tweeted been funny) is a non-veiled attempt to belittle Sanders's (and possibly Trump's) candidacy.
I agree Nate Silver probably couldn't cut it doing stand up at The Chuckle Hut, but it was an attempt an humor and by no means confirms your assertion that he's in the tank for HRC. He makes lame jokes all the time about the candidates, I wouldn't read too much into any one in particular. And if he was in the tank for any candidate in 2008 or 2012 it certainly didn't affect his projections, which were pretty spot on.

Yikes.  I hope Senator Sanders will stand with all right-thinking Americans and DEMAND that the practice of holding massively undemocratic caucuses be halted.

This model estimates that holding caucuses instead of primaries is a massive advantage for Sanders. In fact, Clinton would do about 20 to 25 percentage points better relative to Sanders if a state changed from a caucus to a primary, the model estimates.

When we switch all caucuses over to primaries, Sanders actually does worse. Clinton’s lead in the popular vote would grow from 2.9 to 3.3 million votes. Moreover, her edge in elected delegates would expand significantly.  Instead of her current lead of 272 elected delegates, Clinton would be ahead by 424.

Great decision by Hillary to have Bernie's people comprise just under half of the Democratic platform draft committee.  That's huge win for progressives and unprecented.  Bernie didn't win the nomination but the Democratic platform plays a big part in steering the future of the Party.

Keep on voting Bernie in the primaries - it makes a difference!

I also fear a Trump presidency. Which is why I think the DNC is making a yuuuge mistake forcing Hillary upon the party. She's his best chance at pulling off the upset. 
LOL at the DNC "forcing" anything.  Hillary got the most votes, and it's not really even close. 

Why do you hate democracy? 

I also fear a Trump presidency. Which is why I think the DNC is making a yuuuge mistake forcing Hillary upon the party. She's his best chance at pulling off the upset. 
Did they also force those 2 1/2 million more Democrats to vote for Hillary over Bernie? Did they march them by gunpoint to the polls to cast their ballots? Like it or don't, Hillary has been the popular choice among Democratic voters.

LOL at the DNC "forcing" anything.  Hillary got the most votes, and it's not really even close. 

Why do you hate democracy? 
I don't. Which is why I've supported Bernie and making it less restrictive for voters to actually vote.

Why do you support a system that helps suppress the very people democracy is supposed to work for? 

Great decision by Hillary to have Bernie's people comprise just under half of the Democratic platform draft committee.  That's huge win for progressives and unprecented.  Bernie didn't win the nomination but the Democratic platform plays a big part in steering the future of the Party.

Keep on voting Bernie in the primaries - it makes a difference!
Does it?  I get there's a lot of low hanging fruit, but I'm remaining skeptical that they will actually tackle the sorts of things Bernie wants tackled.  Time will tell I guess.

Sanders is the lead guest on Real Time With Bill Maher this week. Definitely worth the watch. It's a real bummer he won't get to run for President.

Also on that episode, there's an idiotic Trump supporter on the panel. Watching that guy is good for laughs too.

I really hope he wins CA
It'd be a nice parting gift, but he's not going to get the nomination unless HRC is in jail before the convention hits. I don't think he's going to be too adversarial at the convention, sounds like priority one for him right now is making sure Trump isn't President.

It'd be a nice parting gift, but he's not going to get the nomination unless HRC is in jail before the convention hits. I don't think he's going to be too adversarial at the convention, sounds like priority one for him right now is making sure Trump isn't President.
That's the excruciating thing about this primary. There's so many people who don't want Trump to be president - and so many people who don't want Hillary to be president (including myself). It seems like nominating Bernie would unite almost everyone. Sure I'll take Trump over Hilary, but I would giddily take Sanders over Hillary any day of the week.

Bernie should focus on beating Hillary in CA.  He's more easily distracted than I thought.
A debate with Trump would get him more needed visibility. Lack of visibility/familiarity is one of the major reasons he hasn't done better in the primaries. The more people get to know him, the more people see and hear him, the more they've come out to vote for him.

That's the excruciating thing about this primary. There's so many people who don't want Trump to be president - and so many people who don't want Hillary to be president (including myself). It seems like nominating Bernie would unite almost everyone. Sure I'll take Trump over Hilary, but I would giddily take Sanders over Hillary any day of the week.
Except the 50% of the country that are women.

Users who are viewing this thread