What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bernie Sanders HQ! *A decent human being. (2 Viewers)

After the past 72 hours Bernie should come to the realization that the Democratic Party will never allow him to be their nominee. And with that clarity, he should drop out, re-declare his candidacy for President as an Independent, and take his supporters with him to November as one final eff you to the DNC.
As much as Bernie might be fed up with the DNC, he’s fed up with Trump more.

After the past 72 hours Bernie should come to the realization that the Democratic Party will never allow him to be their nominee. And with that clarity, he should drop out, re-declare his candidacy for President as an Independent, and take his supporters with him to November as one final eff you to the DNC.
no. no. no.

no way in hell.

Of course, he almost assuredly won't. But it might not matter. There very well might be just enough of his supporters who choose to sit this one out again. An amount that could cost Dems the White House in November. Deja vu.
No matter who won the nomination this was always going to be the lingering question. Everything left of whatever that is on the right is fractured. Divisions create a path for whatever that is on the right to win. It's what they want. So it's on everyone else to over come their differences...or don't.

Gotta love every right-winger thinking they are crafty by trying to tell Bernie and his voters what they should do... and it happens to coincide with helping Trump.

:lol:

Truth is, they are feeling incredibly vulnerable.  And every such post makes it more apparent and pathetic. Sweet.  💪

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta love every right-winger thinking they are crafty by trying to tell Bernie and his voters what they should do... and it happens to coincide with helping Trump.

:lol:

Truth is, they are feeling incredibly vulnerable.  And every such post makes it more apparent and pathetic. Sweet.  💪
Yep. I imagine people are feeling vulnerable now that sleepy joe is awake and rolling.  

It's Obama. Even MSNBC (I think it was Joy or Rachel) just an hour ago mentioned he gave the signal to everyone a couple days ago to consolidate. It's pretty openly acknowledged.
Its not Obama. He didn't give a signal. He gave an opinion, and most of them looked to him for advice and support. 

Thanks Obama.

Sanders keeps getting screwed by all these people who don't want to vote for him.  
As usual it’s a nuanced discussion- it’s not a screw job and people voted for Biden much more than expected.  DNC also, IMO, had a hand in Amy and Pete dropping out to ensure Biden had a better chance.  Both can be true.  I’m just excited about the possibility of hearing more about Corn Pop.

It's Obama. Even MSNBC (I think it was Joy or Rachel) just an hour ago mentioned he gave the signal to everyone a couple days ago to consolidate. It's pretty openly acknowledged.
I’m perfectly fine with that.  And my opinion of Obama will go up even more if he spends the next 8 months helping Biden win to get rid of Trump.

Screw job or not, the endorsements apparently worked.  Guess we'll see what happens in Cali but its a two horse race now.  Its not over yet but its pretty clear DNC wants Biden on the ticket.  With an Obama endorsement probably not too far off he'll be the nominee.

In Bernie’s world, someone else getting more votes is somehow a sign that everything is rigged. 

Continues to promise massive voter turnout but if you can’t get that unprecedented youth vote to show up in the primary to get you to the big dance, then what good is it?

One positive is that his focus on the Latino vote certainly paid dividends. Huge in roads there since 2016. Don’t know why that wasn’t the approach for more groups to make the tent bigger. 

Screw job or not, the endorsements apparently worked.  Guess we'll see what happens in Cali but its a two horse race now.  Its not over yet but its pretty clear DNC wants Biden on the ticket.  With an Obama endorsement probably not too far off he'll be the nominee.
What’s with all this DNC stuff? The DNC, as always, is powerless. They had nothing to do with what happened last night. 

Rigged? No. Reminiscent of smoked-filled back rooms as party leadership coordinates the Pete/Amy stunt? Yes.

But ultimately this primary is a referendum on the Obama years. I voted for him twice. In retrospect I think he was a bad president. If voters want a return to the Obama years, then then will of the people will prevail. But they won't have my support.

Politicians doing political maneuvering is one thing.

The health and welfare of the entire USofA is another entirely bigger and more important concept.

At some point you remember that the White House has a horrible and destructive occupant  -- and you show up and vote.
This guy gets it.

I want Biden to win.  If Bernie wins the nom....I'm all in on Bernie.  

Was there ever a doubt the DNC would stab Bernie in the back, again? Biden can’t fill a living room in Clinton Iowa, and Bernie is packing stadiums yet the DNC pulls the rug out on the guy with the actual movement. :no:

A signal?

If you think some "behind the door" signal is going to be bad....wait until Trump loses this year.  The next 4 years will be nothing more than fireworks from his twitter account; signaling who is people should vote for.

It's almost worth Trump winning this year....so I don't have to spend the next 4 years seeing Trump mulling over the idea of running again in 2024. 

Was there ever a doubt the DNC would stab Bernie in the back, again? Biden can’t fill a living room in Clinton Iowa, and Bernie is packing stadiums yet the DNC pulls the rug out on the guy with the actual movement. :no:
Umm I think the actual movement is the guy that brought out the record number of voters last night. 

Rigged? No. Reminiscent of smoked-filled back rooms as party leadership coordinates the Pete/Amy stunt? Yes.

But ultimately this primary is a referendum on the Obama years. I voted for him twice. In retrospect I think he was a bad president. If voters want a return to the Obama years, then then will of the people will prevail. But they won't have my support.
Ultimately this primary was a referendum on the last 3 years.

Record numbers. Suburban women. The same coalition as 2018. And the fact that, like Trump, Bernie represented a rebellion against the system. I think Americans are sick of revolution. They’re exhausted by it, and they want a return to normal. 
Increased turnout is a function of (a) Democrats being out of power and (b) states going from caucuses to primaries.

I remain unconvinced that such a large proportion Americans want a return to normal, if normal is continuing to sell-out the working class. Dems underestimate this because we can all see that Trump isn't helping the working class either. But Democratic failures make the GOP pitch plausible to a wider swath of voters.

Such a stunt that prior to it happening people here (even Pete supporters) were saying it was tome for him to get out.  That he had no path to the nomination.

The screw job narrative is overplayed...and using it once gets sympathy...now a second tome because people are voting for someone else...makes it just whiny complaints.

The movement didn't show up and vote.

The screw job narrative is overplayed...and using it once gets sympathy...now a second tome because people are voting for someone else...makes it just whiny complaints.
Who is whining? Sanders didn't get screwed. He got outplayed. Establishment Dems have made their stand. We'll see what happens in November.

As a Bernie supporter in 2016 and now this is not a stab in the back.  This is the way you determine how much support someone has.  The people vote, not the DNC.

Who is whining? Sanders didn't get screwed. He got outplayed. Establishment Dems have made their stand. We'll see what happens in November.
There are a lot pf people claiming screw job and rigged.  I think that becomes whining when its played over and over.

Voters thus far made their stand.  
And I say this as someone who went yesterday undecided and ultimately voted for Bernie over Biden.   
The righed and screwed talk wont stop either.  It will be in Trump campaign ads to get people to stay hime instead of vote for Biden.  Its the narrative the misinformation campaigns will be running if Biden holds on and takes the nomination.

Ultimately this primary was a referendum on the last 3 years.
I disagree with this, the general will be that.  The primary is just a gauge on where the party is philosophically. 

Record numbers. Suburban women. The same coalition as 2018. And the fact that, like Trump, Bernie represented a rebellion against the system. I think Americans are sick of revolution. They’re exhausted by it, and they want a return to normal. 
I like Bern but actually agree with this. Unfortunately, Bernies time was the last election when a vast number of Americans wanted to turn over the system. Gonna see a record turnout now with the majority wanting things to normalize.

As a Bernie supporter in 2016 and now this is not a stab in the back.  This is the way you determine how much support someone has.  The people vote, not the DNC.
Yeah. I voted for Bernie yesterday,  but he's not getting out the numbers he thought. It seems once again the young talk big but in the end they stay home. 

Yeah. I voted for Bernie yesterday,  but he's not getting out the numbers he thought. It seems once again the young talk big but in the end they stay homr.
I agree. And this is important to know now instead of November.

He hasn't lost yet.

Bernie people still have the ability to step up these next few weeks and go to the polls.  
It's not looking good for the Bern, but this is certainly true. Hopefully voters will take a long hard look at Biden as the process continues. There's a lot to dislike there.

What’s with all this DNC stuff? The DNC, as always, is powerless. They had nothing to do with what happened last night. 
I think nothing is incriminate.  They probably had a role to play in Amy and Pete dropping out, not the sole factor, but I do think nothing is inaccurate.  But while I think the DNC had something to do with what happened last night, I think it was very minimal.  But saying nothing is a bit hyperbole. 

Users who are viewing this thread