GregR

Board Upgrade Tips - FAQ in first post

601 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, NotSmart said:

This is now happening to me after getting a new phone - it never happened previously.

Chrome on the phone (Samsung Note 8)

Chrome on the desktop (Windows 10)

Did anyone figure out what was needed to fix the sign in, signed out shuffle?

nope.  It still happens, but not as often.  I got used to just browsing the site not logged in.

1 hour ago, GregR said:

Hasn't happened to me in a long time now.

Same here. It quit happening and I forgot about it.

Chrome seems to be the common theme, so it's probably a chrome setting.

I'll post it if I figure it out.

On 10/16/2017 at 1:01 AM, NotSmart said:

Chrome seems to be the common theme, so it's probably a chrome setting.

I'll post it if I figure it out.

Fixed, I think.

Since this started happening after I got a new phone (android), I fired up chrome on my new phone, then settings, Save Passwords.

Looking through the list of all my saved site/passwords, there were multiple entries for forums.footballguys.com

I deleted all except the current one, and that seems to have fixed the problem.

Ok, I'm using Chrome on a laptop and hitting a key somewhere on the left shrunk the board appearance. Where are the board settings that will let me fix this?

3 hours ago, roadkill1292 said:

Ok, I'm using Chrome on a laptop and hitting a key somewhere on the left shrunk the board appearance. Where are the board settings that will let me fix this?

I think it's a chrome change instead of a board setting. Try hitting Control Plus on your keyboard, that's the keyboard shortcut to zoom in and make the entire screen larger in Chrome.

So now that we've seen the separate political forum is a HUGE success, what else can be done to improve this place?

I still think we need to get with the times and allow pics and gifs. We're adults. If someone posts an inappropriate pic/gif....boom....lifetime ban.

For example, check this out:

http://www.teamjimmyjoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/funny-Little-Kim-Jong-un.gif

:thumbup:

I hope they can provide a better app for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is intended only for the use of a few more people and a little more than a few minutes of the week. 

Please please please get rid of the Mark Forum as Read  function

Or least change is color/resemblance to the Go To First Unread Post icon.

I would kickstart a Go Fund Me campaign to this effort with a $37.83 donation.

2 people like this

pages are taking forever to load.   message while loading says "waiting for adservice.google.com"

Is there a dark theme we can use on invision?  

18 hours ago, ren hoek said:

Is there a dark theme we can use on invision?  

Is there a dark theme in anything? That would be perfect.

Also why is there a button that's so easy to press without a 2nd opportunity "are you sure?" to mark the entire forum as read? I just hit it. This sucks...

2 people like this

Well, crap. 

I signed my account out of my chrome browser on my desktop pc. 

Signed back in, but now I have to login again every time I come here on every device. Phone, pc, work Mac, etc. 

So annoying 

9 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

Well, crap. 

I signed my account out of my chrome browser on my desktop pc. 

Signed back in, but now I have to login again every time I come here on every device. Phone, pc, work Mac, etc. 

So annoying 

same with me 2 weeks ago.

You guys let go of the footballguys.net domain?  That's how I always used to access the FFA.

On 4/16/2018 at 2:33 PM, bigbottom said:

You guys let go of the footballguys.net domain?  That's how I always used to access the FFA.

Appears so as I just tried that route as well and used it sometimes as it saved a few clicks.  

By the way, if you accidentally let the domain name subscription expire and someone swiped it, and assuming you have a trademark on "Footballguys," you may be able to sue (or threaten to sue) to get the domain name back.  I just got done litigating a cybersquatting case.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, bigbottom said:

By the way, if you accidentally let the domain name subscription expire and someone swiped it, and assuming you have a trademark on "Footballguys," you may be able to sue (or threaten to sue) to get the domain name back.  I just got done litigating a cybersquatting case.

Pretty sure @Otis won it from them in a Sabacc game. Just part of the plan.

2 people like this

5 hours ago, bigbottom said:

Someone from here purchased it and will post nothing but who's hottest threads. 

So one can no longer delete a post, but it is possible to "hide" it? Can mods still see them? How would one un-hide a post? So many questions.

Looks like search is broken again. 9 times out of 10 I get a 504-Timeout error.

I get the login/logout shuffle quite often when I browse on my linux dual boot.  The Firefox + Chrome combo seems to mess it up.

What's this "quote 1 post" thingie popping up on mobile?

2 hours ago, eoMMan said:

What's this "quote 1 post" thingie popping up on mobile?

Plus sign on posts, can hit it to quote multiple posts.

Why do I have to sign into the site every time I visit (since yday)? I've got the "remember me" thingy checked

On 6/8/2018 at 4:51 AM, msommer said:

Why do I have to sign into the site every time I visit (since yday)? I've got the "remember me" thingy checked

Join the club.  Everything is different.

So what happened?

Same issue here with having to login all the time. 

Thanks. Not sure what is causing that. 

In Chrome, I cannot reply to threads anymore.  The box where you type the response does not "pop open" when I click on it.  This started maybe 2 days ago.  On IE it works just fine.  I turned off my adblocker on Chrome and it persisted.

Anyone else experience this?

2 hours ago, The Z Machine said:

In Chrome, I cannot reply to threads anymore.  The box where you type the response does not "pop open" when I click on it.  This started maybe 2 days ago.  On IE it works just fine.  I turned off my adblocker on Chrome and it persisted.

Anyone else experience this?

Nope, working fine on Chrome.

Did you try closing Chrome and relaunching?

Yup.  Maybe I'll restart computer next.

Seriously though, also try clearing your cache.   Settings-> Advanced, under Clear Browsing Data.

On 10/15/2017 at 6:28 PM, NotSmart said:

This is now happening to me after getting a new phone - it never happened previously.

Chrome on the phone (Samsung Note 8)

Chrome on the desktop (Windows 10)

Did anyone figure out what was needed to fix the sign in, signed out shuffle?

This is happening on my Fire8 tablet. Using their Silk Browser. Tried clearing saved passwordsbut it still is happening. It is a minor annoyance, but was wondering if anybody has this problem and any fixes.

On 3/24/2018 at 4:32 PM, ShamrockPride said:

Is there a dark theme in anything? That would be perfect.

Also why is there a button that's so easy to press without a 2nd opportunity "are you sure?" to mark the entire forum as read? I just hit it. This sucks...

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8501-oblivion-dark-theme-with-blue-focus/

That would be pretty dope.  I'd gladly front the money for it.  I know FBG staff keeps busy with a number of more pressing things but a dark theme would be a real awesome and welcome addition.  I was looking at a little customization page on the Invision site, I think it'd be fairly easy to add a real simple white font on black/gray theme.  

On 5/18/2018 at 0:15 PM, Redwes25 said:

Appears so as I just tried that route as well and used it sometimes as it saved a few clicks.  

Looks like footballguys.net is gone for good.  :kicksrock:

On 7/4/2018 at 9:26 AM, badmojo1006 said:

This is happening on my Fire8 tablet. Using their Silk Browser. Tried clearing saved passwordsbut it still is happening. It is a minor annoyance, but was wondering if anybody has this problem and any fixes.

Heh. I figured out why it keeps kicking me off. When you change between three different devices, it will bump you off

:bag: