Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
GregR

Board Upgrade Tips - FAQ in first post

Recommended Posts

On 2/27/2016 at 6:32 PM, Garrett said:

Previously, you could get a lot of content relatively condensed and read through it quickly on the mobile view.  Screen real estate is the obvious challenge, so I don't think it works great when you open a topic and your entire screen is taken up by the topic name and who posted it (you already knew all that before you opened it up).  When a user clicks on something, filling the entire screen with stuff they already know and having them scroll to find what they actually wanted is not good usability.

Everything is just way too large and spread out for ease of use on a small screen.  Sure it's all there, but it's like being forced to read a utility bill with a magnifying glass.

Screenshots of an entire screen on an iPhone 5s; look at how little information is actually being delivered on 100% of the screen.

http://imgur.com/a/KpEfb

 

I was trying to quote/reply to Aaron's question, i'm not sure this will show anything other then my reply...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For issues deleting quotes on mobile... once the quote is in the reply window, if you reload the page and click down in reply, does it become deletable then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, when I use the "Sort By" tab and try to list "topics I've Replied in" it only gives me the last 25, with no option to load the next 25 (page).

What am I doing wrong?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hov34 said:

So, when I use the "Sort By" tab and try to list "topics I've Replied in" it only gives me the last 25, with no option to load the next 25 (page).

What am I doing wrong?

 

 

Looks like a bug, doing it for me too.

But if I then edit the URL so it says page=2 instead of page=1 it'll bring up the second page and bring the numbering page numbering back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Greg Russell said:

 

Looks like a bug, doing it for me too.

But if I then edit the URL so it says page=2 instead of page=1 it'll bring up the second page and bring the numbering page numbering back.

Nope, it just gives me page two of the whole forum, not my "posted to"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2016 at 8:31 PM, Mrs. Rannous said:

I still see no way to delete all those notifications.

Can you go to https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/notifications/options/ and make a pair of screenshots, or however many needed to show the whole page, and upload them somewhere where we can see them like http://postimage.org/ or and PM or post the links? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

why do i have to keep signing in?

Guessing, but I think the time I used mobile, when I got back to desktop I had to sign in again, the only time I've had to.  Are you connecting from somewhere else?  If so maybe it's only allowing one connection and logging the other out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2016 at 6:13 PM, Hov34 said:

So, when I use the "Sort By" tab and try to list "topics I've Replied in" it only gives me the last 25, with no option to load the next 25 (page).

What am I doing wrong?

 

Submitted to Invision as a bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only the topics I've replied to since the upgrade come up under "topics I have replied in"

 

how owe does one search for older threads that responded in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Greg Russell said:

Guessing, but I think the time I used mobile, when I got back to desktop I had to sign in again, the only time I've had to.  Are you connecting from somewhere else?  If so maybe it's only allowing one connection and logging the other out?

Maybe. It has always made me log in on my phone. This is the first time it's making me sign in on my computer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I found that I can remove pictures from FF (on Mac) in a right-click menu. Unfortunately it removes all of the pics, including the icons by peoples names. It does however allow you to look at the site without seeing unwanted images, like at work.

Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 9.48.49 PM

After clicking reloading the page removes the pics. The same works for returning pictures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2016 at 0:41 AM, Greg Russell said:

Can you go to https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/notifications/options/ and make a pair of screenshots, or however many needed to show the whole page, and upload them somewhere where we can see them like http://postimage.org/ or and PM or post the links? 

I have no idea if I did this correctly, but here goes:

http://postimg.org/image/6syp1it0f/

http://postimg.org/image/f1m7wxwjf/

I'm not sure what that has to do with deleting previous notifications and messages.

Edited by Mrs. Rannous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I'm misunderstanding.  So you're not getting new notifications any more, right?  PMs you can go to your inbox and tag the ones you want to delete and delete them.  I don't know if there is a way to delete old notifications. I don't imagine there is, not sure why they would need to be deleted once they are turned off and not coming in so you never need look at them again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea how to successfully change your profile picture. I've managed to get past the file upload stage, but once I hit "save" I always get the "oopsy there was an error please contact support" message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gr00vus said:

Any idea how to successfully change your profile picture. I've managed to get past the file upload stage, but once I hit "save" I always get the "oopsy there was an error please contact support" message.

i like your avatar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Greg Russell said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding.  So you're not getting new notifications any more, right?  PMs you can go to your inbox and tag the ones you want to delete and delete them.  I don't know if there is a way to delete old notifications. I don't imagine there is, not sure why they would need to be deleted once they are turned off and not coming in so you never need look at them again.

I can't delete messages, either.  I want to get messages;  but once the mailbox is full, how does that happen?  And if I decide I want to get the pesky notifications, how do I delete them?  Surely that's going to be an issue eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

14 minutes ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

I can't delete messages, either.  I want to get messages;  but once the mailbox is full, how does that happen?  And if I decide I want to get the pesky notifications, how do I delete them?  Surely that's going to be an issue eventually.

 

16 hours ago, Greg Russell said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding.  So you're not getting new notifications any more, right?  PMs you can go to your inbox and tag the ones you want to delete and delete them.  I don't know if there is a way to delete old notifications. I don't imagine there is, not sure why they would need to be deleted once they are turned off and not coming in so you never need look at them again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, grateful zed said:

i like your avatar

Thanks partner. I feel like I need to do a little Bowie recognition though. Frustrating that I can't get the image up that I want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gr00vus said:

Thanks partner. I feel like I need to do a little Bowie recognition though. Frustrating that I can't get the image up that I want.

Is it an unusual format?  Even if not I'd probably open it it Paint, save it again as some other file type like jpg, png or gif, and see if it works in the different format.

Also if it is a huge file, or a tiny image.  Though mine is a pretty small image it blew up to fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greg Russell said:

Is it an unusual format?  Even if not I'd probably open it it Paint, save it again as some other file type like jpg, png or gif, and see if it works in the different format.

Also if it is a huge file, or a tiny image.  Though mine is a pretty small image it blew up to fit.

I tried .jpg, .png. and .gif. No luck. Image size isn't that big and it's less than a 100K file size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an observation but seems there are less posts on each page especially current page then before. Like the format but this....

 

Edited by towney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something just changed overnight. Not sure what, but I have no formatting/style when viewing the FFA on my work computer. Still formatting on my mobile phone, but only after disconnecting from the work WiFi connection. So something changed. Perhaps my work blocked the style sheet source or something. Not sure if FBG changed the source to something on the existing blacklist, or my work just added it overnight. The boards are just plain text/html now. Yuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, so maybe it wasn't just me.

 

Whatever formatting disappeared looks to be back now. Weird that it was unformatted on my work wifi but I had the style when I went off the mobile network.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MattFancy said:

Had some issues there for a few minutes with the format on my PC, but everything seems to be back to normal now

Same.  Normal operations restored. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently developers doing some work on some of the other broken stuff that had been reported.  Avatar uploads, not sure what else.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aerial Assault said:

I'm just glad to hear that there are still other people who actually use **COMPUTERS**!  :)  

I hate trying to read stuff on my phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

I hate trying to read stuff on my phone.

:thumbup: Using my phone - which is a Samsung S6, so it's not like it's some antique or anything - to do anything more than completely necessary web browsing (other than e-mail checking) while I'm away from my home or office is unthinkable to me.  And most of the time, "completely necessary" only means I need some legal research done on the spot.  I check the FFA when I'm at home or the office.  And because of my setup, I often prefer to do so via a (gasp) computer rather than my tab.

Glad everyone asked about that.  And now, back to the board upgrade and associated fun.  :oldunsure:     

Edited by Aerial Assault

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, sports_fan said:

What did you do to my avatar?

:lmao:     Walking Boot's and John Bender's disappeared too.  Sorry GB - you're officially :missing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance that the friends lists get re-established?

ETA:  Yes, we know it's some other company that controls the boards.  What kind of psycho thinks it's an improvement to rip friends from profiles?  WTF kind of company is that?

Some ####### at that company needs to be curb stomped.

Edited by Binky The Doormat
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.