Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
GregR

Board Upgrade Tips - FAQ in first post

Recommended Posts

At least it's easy to see all the great new board features that came out as a result of my avatar sacrifice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Ected said:

So do I feel special if my avatar is among those that are messed up?

Did you get a PM stating you will be receiving a free FBG tshirt to make up for the error?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sports_fan said:

Did you get a PM stating you will be receiving a free FBG tshirt to make up for the error?

with your avatar on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Binky The Doormat said:

I had no idea that chat board software was so complex in 2016.  

:lmao: 

 

10 hours ago, sports_fan said:

Did you get a PM stating you will be receiving a free FBG tshirt to make up for the error?

DFS three-for-two special, guy  :thumbup: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have to sign in every time I come to the site now for the past 24 hours.  and it takes me through two ####### login screens.  what a joke.

what a piece of ####!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, urbanhack said:

i have to sign in every time I come to the site now for the past 24 hours.  and it takes me through two ####### login screens.  what a joke.

what a piece of ####!

I've noticed this too, but not nearly as angry about it. :mellow: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ned said:

I've noticed this too, but not nearly as angry about it. :mellow: 

:mellow:

sorry...it's happening every single time I come to the site.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed that when I go to the main forum page I'm logged out. However if I just go to the FFA (without logging in) I'll be signed in already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HellToupee said:

How come I can't do this???? 

Copy link, paste into post. Don't do the insert link with the icon in the post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2016 at 0:15 AM, Aaron Rudnicki said:

I view the boards on my iphone most of the time. works great.

how has usability been wrecked for you?

Did you see my response with screenshots?  No reply so I'm not sure if you wanted real feedback or not.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Garrett said:

Can we downgrade to the last version that was fine?

You mean the one everyone #####ed and moaned about when it was brought online a couple years ago?  That one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ned said:

You mean the one everyone #####ed and moaned about when it was brought online a couple years ago?  That one?

Yes, let's go that one. This one is so much slooooooooower. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the mobile version, what does the blue flag mean? I've noticed that if I click on a link in a post, the flag sometimes turns from gray to blue. Am I accidentally flagging posts, or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2016 at 10:50 AM, Christo said:

I'm having to sign in twice

Still happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The mobile site is a mess.  I check in less because of it.  Garbage 

Edited by flapgreen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2016 at 9:48 AM, Don Quixote said:

In the mobile version, what does the blue flag mean? I've noticed that if I click on a link in a post, the flag sometimes turns from gray to blue. Am I accidentally flagging posts, or something?

Who knows.  Same thing happens to me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How the #### are you supposed to post an article these days?  The whole thing comes in formatted and you can't change any of it.  Then it gets stuck in the reply form

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flapgreen said:

The mobile site is a mess.  I check in less because of it.  Garbage 

 

1 hour ago, Slapdash said:

How the #### are you supposed to post an article these days?  The whole thing comes in formatted and you can't change any of it.  Then it gets stuck in the reply form

 

18 hours ago, matuski said:

Why did we lose the ability to see who had posted in threads and how many times they had posted?

 

 

Progress!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ridiculous. Why must I log in (twice) each time I come back to these forums? Especially when I checked the "Remember Me" box....? I have now logged in to these forums 10 times today (really 20).

Can we still set it to show the OP no matter what page we are viewing in a thread? Or did that go by the wayside also in lieu of streamlining between operating systems....?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

Ridiculous. Why must I log in (twice) each time I come back to these forums? Especially when I checked the "Remember Me" box....? I have now logged in to these forums 10 times today (really 20).

Can we still set it to show the OP no matter what page we are viewing in a thread? Or did that go by the wayside also in lieu of streamlining between operating systems....?

 

WHY NOT!!!!???? - Bluto - Animal House (moderator)

Seriously mister, do you really want to be a part of the best house on campus?  

It doesn't sound like it ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tl;dr

On PC, If you find yourself stuck with quotes that you didn't really want to quote and can't get rid of them: Right click on top left hand corner of the quote, select all, backspace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tonydead said:

tl;dr

On PC, If you find yourself stuck with quotes that you didn't really want to quote and can't get rid of them: Right click on top left hand corner of the quote, select all, backspace.

Is there a secret password? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 8, 2016 at 0:26 PM, urbanhack said:

i have to sign in every time I come to the site now for the past 24 hours.  and it takes me through two ####### login screens.  what a joke.

what a piece of ####!

     :goodposting:

No , great posting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2016 at 4:29 PM, Limp Ditka said:

Having to log in twice is pretty neat 

If the purpose of this upgrade was to lessen traffic, congrats.  At least with me, it works.

While at work on mandated IE:  Have to sign in every time (not just starting the last few days, from the start of this version), the blue star, black dot feature doesn't show.  I rarely log on from work now.

Home using Firefox: now having to log in twice just further minimizes my visits to this site.

In both instances, the inability to drop to the code version of a reply just sucks.  I see different posts in here talking about quoting issues, posting links, posting articles and other things included in posts that they don't want.  With the ability to drop to the code you can clean that all up on your own.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we please get a Politics-only subforum so the front page of the FFA isn't cluttered with:

Official Hillary Thread
Official Bernie Thread
Official GOP Thread
Official Trump Thread
Official Kasich Thread
Official Supreme Court Nomination Thread
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plus, how many NCAA bracket threads do we need? Let's merge all those into one, too, phantom moderator. We don't need "Quarters", and "Quarters 2" and "Dollar" threads. Just one bracket thread should do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2016 at 11:26 AM, urbanhack said:

i have to sign in every time I come to the site now for the past 24 hours.  and it takes me through two ####### login screens.  what a joke.

what a piece of ####!

Have we gotten a reply reason excuse for this yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard back nothing in the available settings that looked like it would help those having to log in each time. Invision being asked about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

where can i find the ''my content'' option? i have to sift thru page after page looking for the threads that ive been commenting in...used to be able to just click my content and they all pop up together

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BustedKnuckles said:

where can i find the ''my content'' option? i have to sift thru page after page looking for the threads that ive been commenting in...used to be able to just click my content and they all pop up together

That's the first item in the FAQ.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2016 at 0:08 PM, Slapdash said:

How the #### are you supposed to post an article these days?  The whole thing comes in formatted and you can't change any of it.  Then it gets stuck in the reply form

I think this may be browser dependent.

After I copy an article using Chrome into the reply box, the bottom of the reply box gives me the option to "Remove all formatting" from the article and then you can do what ever you want with it as text.  I don't know if this works with other browsers though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewlyRetired said:

I think this may be browser dependent.

After I copy an article using Chrome into the reply box, the bottom of the reply box gives me the option to "Remove all formatting" from the article and then you can do what ever you want with it as text.  I don't know if this works with other browsers though.

 

We still need a way to edit raw text. There's no way to edit some of the automatic formatting. I want to see the brackets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny enough, I've always had the bad habit of using two spaces after a sentence instead of one space.  Normally it doesn't look that bad, but the formatting of this new board makes it look downright awful.

 

Either way, this new update is helping me break a bad habit.  Which is funny because none of my college professors ever called me on it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.