Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
GregR

Board Upgrade Tips - FAQ in first post

At least it's easy to see all the great new board features that came out as a result of my avatar sacrifice.

1 hour ago, Mr. Ected said:

So do I feel special if my avatar is among those that are messed up?

Did you get a PM stating you will be receiving a free FBG tshirt to make up for the error?

6 minutes ago, sports_fan said:

Did you get a PM stating you will be receiving a free FBG tshirt to make up for the error?

with your avatar on it.

12 hours ago, Binky The Doormat said:

I had no idea that chat board software was so complex in 2016.  

:lmao: 

10 hours ago, sports_fan said:

DFS three-for-two special, guy  :thumbup: 

i have to sign in every time I come to the site now for the past 24 hours.  and it takes me through two ####### login screens.  what a joke.

what a piece of ####!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, urbanhack said:

i have to sign in every time I come to the site now for the past 24 hours.  and it takes me through two ####### login screens.  what a joke.

what a piece of ####!

I've noticed this too, but not nearly as angry about it. :mellow: 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ned said:

I've noticed this too, but not nearly as angry about it. :mellow: 

:mellow:

sorry...it's happening every single time I come to the site.  

I've noticed that when I go to the main forum page I'm logged out. However if I just go to the FFA (without logging in) I'll be signed in already.

1 hour ago, HellToupee said:

How come I can't do this???? 

Copy link, paste into post. Don't do the insert link with the icon in the post.

On 2/26/2016 at 0:15 AM, Aaron Rudnicki said:

I view the boards on my iphone most of the time. works great.

how has usability been wrecked for you?

Did you see my response with screenshots?  No reply so I'm not sure if you wanted real feedback or not.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Garrett said:

Can we downgrade to the last version that was fine?

You mean the one everyone #####ed and moaned about when it was brought online a couple years ago?  That one?

12 minutes ago, Ned said:

You mean the one everyone #####ed and moaned about when it was brought online a couple years ago?  That one?

Yes, let's go that one. This one is so much slooooooooower. 

In the mobile version, what does the blue flag mean? I've noticed that if I click on a link in a post, the flag sometimes turns from gray to blue. Am I accidentally flagging posts, or something?

On 3/10/2016 at 10:50 AM, Christo said:

I'm having to sign in twice

Still happening.

The mobile site is a mess.  I check in less because of it.  Garbage 

Edited by flapgreen

On 3/11/2016 at 9:48 AM, Don Quixote said:

In the mobile version, what does the blue flag mean? I've noticed that if I click on a link in a post, the flag sometimes turns from gray to blue. Am I accidentally flagging posts, or something?

Who knows.  Same thing happens to me 

How the #### are you supposed to post an article these days?  The whole thing comes in formatted and you can't change any of it.  Then it gets stuck in the reply form

1 hour ago, flapgreen said:

The mobile site is a mess.  I check in less because of it.  Garbage 

1 hour ago, Slapdash said:

How the #### are you supposed to post an article these days?  The whole thing comes in formatted and you can't change any of it.  Then it gets stuck in the reply form

18 hours ago, matuski said:

Why did we lose the ability to see who had posted in threads and how many times they had posted?

Progress!!

Ridiculous. Why must I log in (twice) each time I come back to these forums? Especially when I checked the "Remember Me" box....? I have now logged in to these forums 10 times today (really 20).

Can we still set it to show the OP no matter what page we are viewing in a thread? Or did that go by the wayside also in lieu of streamlining between operating systems....?

1 hour ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

Ridiculous. Why must I log in (twice) each time I come back to these forums? Especially when I checked the "Remember Me" box....? I have now logged in to these forums 10 times today (really 20).

Can we still set it to show the OP no matter what page we are viewing in a thread? Or did that go by the wayside also in lieu of streamlining between operating systems....?

WHY NOT!!!!???? - Bluto - Animal House (moderator)

Seriously mister, do you really want to be a part of the best house on campus?  

It doesn't sound like it ...

tl;dr

On PC, If you find yourself stuck with quotes that you didn't really want to quote and can't get rid of them: Right click on top left hand corner of the quote, select all, backspace.

6 hours ago, tonydead said:

tl;dr

On PC, If you find yourself stuck with quotes that you didn't really want to quote and can't get rid of them: Right click on top left hand corner of the quote, select all, backspace.

Is there a secret password? 

On March 8, 2016 at 0:26 PM, urbanhack said:

what a piece of ####!

:goodposting:

No , great posting. 

On 2/21/2016 at 4:29 PM, Limp Ditka said:

Having to log in twice is pretty neat 

If the purpose of this upgrade was to lessen traffic, congrats.  At least with me, it works.

While at work on mandated IE:  Have to sign in every time (not just starting the last few days, from the start of this version), the blue star, black dot feature doesn't show.  I rarely log on from work now.

Home using Firefox: now having to log in twice just further minimizes my visits to this site.

In both instances, the inability to drop to the code version of a reply just sucks.  I see different posts in here talking about quoting issues, posting links, posting articles and other things included in posts that they don't want.  With the ability to drop to the code you can clean that all up on your own.

• Like 2

Can we please get a Politics-only subforum so the front page of the FFA isn't cluttered with:

Official Hillary Thread
Official Bernie Thread
Official GOP Thread
Official Trump Thread
Official Kasich Thread
Official Supreme Court Nomination Thread

Plus, how many NCAA bracket threads do we need? Let's merge all those into one, too, phantom moderator. We don't need "Quarters", and "Quarters 2" and "Dollar" threads. Just one bracket thread should do it.

On 3/8/2016 at 11:26 AM, urbanhack said:

what a piece of ####!

Have we gotten a reply reason excuse for this yet?

Heard back nothing in the available settings that looked like it would help those having to log in each time. Invision being asked about it.

where can i find the ''my content'' option? i have to sift thru page after page looking for the threads that ive been commenting in...used to be able to just click my content and they all pop up together

13 minutes ago, BustedKnuckles said:

where can i find the ''my content'' option? i have to sift thru page after page looking for the threads that ive been commenting in...used to be able to just click my content and they all pop up together

That's the first item in the FAQ.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2016 at 0:08 PM, Slapdash said:

I think this may be browser dependent.

After I copy an article using Chrome into the reply box, the bottom of the reply box gives me the option to "Remove all formatting" from the article and then you can do what ever you want with it as text.  I don't know if this works with other browsers though.

1 minute ago, NewlyRetired said:

I think this may be browser dependent.

After I copy an article using Chrome into the reply box, the bottom of the reply box gives me the option to "Remove all formatting" from the article and then you can do what ever you want with it as text.  I don't know if this works with other browsers though.

We still need a way to edit raw text. There's no way to edit some of the automatic formatting. I want to see the brackets. 

Funny enough, I've always had the bad habit of using two spaces after a sentence instead of one space.  Normally it doesn't look that bad, but the formatting of this new board makes it look downright awful.

Either way, this new update is helping me break a bad habit.  Which is funny because none of my college professors ever called me on it.

• Like 1